Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

That one is a bit more iffy.I know that there was a stink raised when someone tried to destroy a fan location, the Lavapool Inn, but I don't know if there has ever been a issue regarding a home.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Also, trying to catch the blade of a scythe with your teeth will most likely end in your death...cause that's pretty much what would happen in real life...or anywhere really. Unless somehow the inside of your mouth is made of diamonds...then you're good.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Also, trying to catch the blade of a scythe with your teeth will most likely end in your death...cause that's pretty much what would happen in real life...or anywhere really. Unless somehow the inside of your mouth is made of diamonds...then you're good.
Yeah, that just falls under god-modding.There are times when you cannot avoid your character's death. Like Xemnas' character, Kinvex. Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

You are both right. The ships rule was enacted for the locations that allowed ships to be created for personal/plot reasons. While that rule is technically no longer exists, if you took the time to build a ship and man it with a PC crew, then yes you can't blow it up in one shot. It can, however, be damaged over time and eventually destroyed just like a character can.The same applies to personal possessions. Outright destruction without permission is not allowed since it does belong to a player (in fact, I personally discourage ANY form of outright destruction on a moderate to large scale without permission, but I can't really say no to NPC stuff). This does not mean that you could not attempt and successfully start a small fire in someone's home, rip up their backpack or clothes/armor in a fight, or try to sunder their weapon; that's perfectly reasonable. If over time if its clear that enough damage has been done then yes it needs to be destroyed, but that's all determined in IC posts.In short yes they CAN be destroyed, but the owner not only gets a chance as always to react but IMO have the slight benefit of the doubt here. This allows for a sense of realism and loss without allowing Attila the Hun to go rampaging across town and destroying PC items.Hope that clears things up :)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Such as the Fowadi vs. Infernavika, to clarify.That was when Nuju jumped in and ruled that you can't just destroy those things. Yes, they can be damaged and end up broken, but as always you must give the person a chance to react.I just thought the "Chance to react" part was a given.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

This:

Burn his shrine/shack down! FIRE AND BLOOD!
This:
And I call it a shrine because I know that Hubert will turn me into a girl if I call it otherwise.
And this:
I changed it to iegasa
Are all are very relevant to the rest of us, aren't they?. . . .No, actually, they're not. Edited by BenLuke-116

Mine was relevant, good sir, because it is the punishment he'll enact upon all of us if he gets his mask of genderbending.Or do you not remember that?
I think we should campaign to get Hubert his mask. Just for the lolz.

fK5oqYf.jpg

That changed when I suggested it to Nuju. You are now not allowed to destroy ships, houses, tools and/or belongings of other players and their characters without their permission. Sorry to break your bubble, Ben. Edit: I, uh, appear to have arrived late in this discussion. My bad.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

That was my favourite idea ever. I wonder if it can still be approved. :)Anyway, Iegasa actually did reply to you. And it's A SHRINE BOYA. SHRINE. CALL IT A SHACK AND I'LL PULL OUT MY INCREDIBLY CRAZY PLANS ON YOU.Like my 1.6 kilometre long airship back in Derrum, which was actually treated more like a large but not ridiculously huge ship.I had no sense of scale.

Yeah, that just falls under god-modding.There are times when you cannot avoid your character's death. Like Xemnas' character, Kinvex.
ah, kinvex, god rest his soulbut hey, bright side: he left room for angel to swoop back into tuara's life-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

In about twelve hours I'll be starting a six-day canoe trip, so I won't have Internet during that time except on my phone, but that will remain off for the most part. As such, the plots I'm a part of will generally be at a halt, including, sadly, the Matoran plot and the ILS remodeling subplot. I ask that the ILS not be invaded by the Makuta-loyal forces until I return because of reasons. Sorry, but they're really awesome reasons and you would not like to miss out on them. Also, don't invade Xa-Koro while I'm gone, either. More reasons.That said, play well.

In about twelve hours I'll be starting a six-day canoe trip, so I won't have Internet during that time except on my phone, but that will remain off for the most part. As such, the plots I'm a part of will generally be at a halt, including, sadly, the Matoran plot and the ILS remodeling subplot. I ask that the ILS not be invaded by the Makuta-loyal forces until I return because of reasons. Sorry, but they're really awesome reasons and you would not like to miss out on them. Also, don't invade Xa-Koro while I'm gone, either. More reasons.That said, play well.
Heh. Just stop every Makuta-related plan for a week, that's fine :PBut don't worry, I'm sure we'll find lots to do in the interim :evilgrin:Have fun on your canoe trip :)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Makes me want to make a character whose mouth is made of diamonds.-Dovydas

Ic: As Onyx walked away, the foreman could tell what was on his mind. "We may have trekked for a week through the jungle, but we didn't walk that far and long to sit and rest -- we came to work." And with that, he turned to his men and women and began the construction of the walls.The first thing they did was set up depots of supplies at regulated spaces within the standing walls and set up scaffolding. Next, they began to reinforce the wall from within with iron and steel bars running on longitude before adding more laterally and welding them into place, essentially creating a heavy iron mesh that would stand even if the stone was torn away. The next things they had planned was to double the thickness and add more bracings, including elemental wards crafted by the best engineers in Ambages' employ which could only be destroyed by toa of two elements working together. The whole job was done within full sight of those within the village for all to see what was done. Towards the end of the project, the outer wall was covered in paints and ivies and jungle trees, lichens and ferns were planted all over in niches added, thus shrouding the walls in green foliage, disguising it from all but the most trained eyes. The wall in the water side had a metallic mirrorlike sheen added to the outside and a powered waterfall that cascaded from the top of the ramparts, effectively hiding the bastion behind an optical illusion behind a waterfall, and unless one knew Pala-Koro well enough it would pass anyone's distant inspection.Houses, previously made of straw and wood with limited heavy structural integrity were remodeled with clay roofs and cobblestone walls with the same steel bars inlaid, making the houses cleverly hidden cages, far more secure than before but also more beautiful than ever. For once, the village of Pala-Koro was not just a pile of dirt in the jungle that a few hippies called home but a legitimate village with actual houses worth looking at.But unknown to everyone there was a secret being placed within the walls. Unremarkable in design and execution, some blocks were not like the others on the inside, but they still were placed in the wall with no difference from the others. There were no hints, there were no giveaways; the workers had no idea what they were doing in truth, because they did not know what the secret actually was. They were workers, not schemers. But there was a schemer there.Ooc: Because I will be away until next Tuesday, this post sums up what is being done and will be done by the time I come back from my trip. Nothing but the first steps have been done yet; this is just a summary of what the final product will be like. I also ask that the battle against the ILS not take place until I return, because reasons.
I am not unhappy about the village - our village - being "upgraded" over time, but I am unhappy about it being upgraded so thoroughly and almost overpowerdly-so by a horde of NPCs. I mean, elemental wards on the walls? How does that even work? Sounds like something out of the Warzone RPG and not Mata Nui tech. It's been stated in cnaon that only Nuva can place delayed charges of their element, so I question the viability of this.And the secret in the walls... I don't know if it's good or bad, and I don't care since it's apparently added outside of/on top of the regular wall, but someone would have to notice during construction, no? A block that is not the same on the inside would either be hollow - and thus much lighter - or filled with some item/piece of an element.I like the idea of strengthening the village, but this comes a bit sudden, I hope you understand. I just have to ask why you would do this - march fifty NPC workers into the place with no leader that can discuss the rebuilding. Maybe 5 or 10 would have been better, no? 50 just strains the "no armies" rule a bit, methinks, since these are some serious changes they are making to the place. Edited by Katuko

Hooray! More time to work out the SH situation!a

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Cause he is a player that has earned a bit of respect and deeply involved in a good deal of stuff.I'm not involved in the ILS plot at all, but when somebody asks you to wait, its only common courtesy to do so.I do wonder about the elemental charges. As far as I know, Toa are unable to use their powers in that way, even with all the cannon twisting that goes on in here.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I say that we don't hold everything up just because he's leaving. I'm gone all the time and I never ask people to hold everything up, but even if I did, nobody would listen. Why listen just because he's gone canoeing? >.<
Because EW hs big plans.Big plans that involve both sides, and may majorly affect the outcome of these battles. He won't be gone long, and I don't see many people minding.Besides, we probably wouldn't be ready to go to war in a week anyway.

fK5oqYf.jpg

I don't care about who's present or not for the "big fight" so long as the groups are fairly balanced (or massively unbalanced in the ILS's favor, of course, since that's the group I've spent so much time on... :)), but I would not want to rush this thing. Like the hive attack, it should be more than just a "let's all fight now" scene between an arbitrary amount of players.