Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Well, there is a fine line between basing a character of of somebody and expying it. Unfortunately for me, I don't know where the line is.@ Bulik So the new red star info won't apply?
I have no idea personally, but I suspect it won't apply since the aspect of the red star just wouldn't be fun.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but I never meant to imply that Anyanka herself was an expy. Just her name. I was stretching the term. Naturally I understand the whole homage thing, and I have nothing against it.I merely found it humorous that someone so outspokenly anti-expy has done something which resembles expying ;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

But it isn't expying if only a name is taken. Then, it is either an homage, a coincidence, or just plain borrowing a name. The term "expy" doesn't apply in any way is just a name is used.
There is no universal definition of Expy. And when most people in the RPG forum think of Borrowing a name, the word expy usually comes to mind. Like how a lot of people say "google" instead of "search", the same is probably used for expies as a slang for borrowing someone/something/etc from another series.
Actually, there is a universal definition of expy. I'd link it, but we aren't allowed to link the site.So how about you google it. And on that subject, the reason people say google is because it is the most popular search engine to use. Not because people substitute the two.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but I never meant to imply that Anyanka herself was an expy. Just her name. I was stretching the term. Naturally I understand the whole homage thing, and I have nothing against it.I merely found it humorous that someone so outspokenly anti-expy has done something which resembles expying ;)
...but it doesn't-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

...but it doesn't-Teezy
Agreed. Does naming Ta 'Wrath' look like I'm doing anything with a semblance of expying Wrath of FMA? Names don't have anything to do with clone status.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

...but it doesn't-Teezy
Agreed. Does naming Ta 'Wrath' look like I'm doing anything with a semblance of expying Wrath of FMA? Names don't have anything to do with clone status.
I concur. Naming a guy, uh, "Eragon" for example doesn't mean he's an expy of Eragon. He just simply shares the name.

I would assume that 'Anyanka' was a name specifically created for the TV show? Wrath is a word in the English language, not an original name.But anyway, this discussion is pointless. We should be spending our time more productively.By, for example, razing Pala-Koro to the ground.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I would assume that 'Anyanka' was a name specifically created for the TV show? Wrath is a word in the English language, not an original name.
It's a Russian derivative of "Anya." The show just popularized it.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

NOW.ON TO MORE PRESSING MATTERS, LIKEWho exactly is at Pala-Koro? I figure I've procrastinated long enough.-Teezy
Well there's all sixty bazillion ILF members, and the big load of Makuta followers in the jungle who are standing around waiting to start burning buildings and stuff.
And Vorex, who is in the ILF and yet has never been mentioned or done anything of use since he first appeared except cameo in a flashback. But he's not listed as an ILF member, so I dunno. He's there, regardless. :P- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

And Vorex, who is in the ILF and yet has never been mentioned or done anything of use since he first appeared except cameo in a flashback. But he's not listed as an ILF member, so I dunno. He's there, regardless. :P- Vorex
He's like one of those background dudes you see in films.
...Vorex is the BZPRPG's Derpy. :3- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

By, for example, razing Pala-Koro to the ground.
madrihkkopaka_taunt_text.jpgBut yeah, we'll have to get this attack going soon. Since Pala-Koro doesn't seem to be going to bed anytime soon, I suppose you should just have one of the followers fling their gate-opnener over the wall in a secluded area while the village is occupied talking. Perhaps the little Aukati fight will make people not quite "get" that the new fighting noises are enemy forces arriving before a few blows have been exchanged. Edited by Katuko

By, for example, razing Pala-Koro to the ground.
madrihkkopaka_taunt_text.jpgBut yeah, we'll have to get this attack going soon. Since Pala-Koro doesn't seem to be going to bed anytime soon, I suppose you should just have one of the followers fling their gate-opnener over the wall in a secluded area while the village is occupied talking. Perhaps the little Aukati fight will make people not quite "get" that the new fighting noises are enemy forces arriving before a few blows have been exchanged.
echelon_challenge_accepted.pngWho knows, at this rate maybe Echelon will get there before the attack even begins...And I wonder when Ambages will play his hand...

echelon_challenge_accepted.png
So... Why is Echelon's text colour teal?
Because all real villains use teal.- Austin Powers
Oh noes! Kongu is a villain! Grab the pitchforks! get the torches! Execute the witches!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

You obviously underestimate the power of dark slate gray. This disappoints me.-Teezy Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

You obviously underestimate the power of dark slate gray. This disappoints me.-Teezy
Heuani and Dorian are too sexy to be real villains.- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

A Peer always pays his debts.
But winter is coming.Also: People, please stop posting like crazy in here and start getting some ICs up. Especially people in Le-Wahi^EDIT: You'd think the fact they run around killing people would be more relevant then how "sexy" they supposedly are, if it's their villainly we'll questioning. Edited by BenLuke-116

Teal, you ask?Well...I thought it looked sinister. Black is boring (and I was already using it for Zadron), and can you imagine how tacky lime would have looked? I mean, lime is my favourite colour, but on text it looks ick. So, I went for the closest I could get to zombie flesh :3

You obviously underestimate the power of dark slate gray. This disappoints me.-Teezy
Heuani and Dorian are too sexy to be real villains.- Austin Powers
*smack* No! Heuani is a real villain. Why do you think he toys with everyone? Honestly. :P I could be argued, though, that Dorian is neither villain nor hero.EDIT: Told ya, Vorex- listen to Tyler. :P Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

It's my firm belief that if you put Dorian on trial for all his crimes, not only would he end up marrying the judge's daughter and buying the jury dinner, he'd get acquitted for all his crimes on the basis of insanity.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

It's my firm belief that if you put Dorian on trial for all his crimes, not only would he end up marrying the judge's daughter and buying the jury dinner, he'd get acquitted for all his crimes on the basis of insanity.-Teezy
Unless said jury is made up of the Oceanic Six. Then he might have a harder time convincing them to acquit him. Might. Not a definite yes, but he might have a harder time. He is Dorian, after all. :P