Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Just... Ignore. It seems the only thing I'm able to do is make mistakes and tick people off.
Welcome to the club.
<rhetorical> Do I get a jacket? </rhetorical>By the way, I'm sorry if I offended anyone earlier, I was saying it how I saw it, and I did an awful job at wording it (like always >=/).
I'll make an image later tonight XD

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I'm putting plantlife forward as the weakest element. People's swords go through it, fire and plasma utterly destroy it, ice just... kablooie.And my main character is a Toa of The Green. Good work me.I will say that it is one of the best against magnetism, but that is it.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Isn't everything except for iron good against magnetism?And I think The Green is good against Earth as well, isn't it?Somebody should make one of those strengths and weaknesses charts like they have in Poke'mon. That would clear things up a lot

Edited by Constructman

Talking about how tiny you are is only going to make it worse. You may not have been here for as long as them but I don't think its that bad.Elements are not inherently week against other elements. Use common sense about it. Ice is going to melt if held near a fire certainly but just assuming that one is week against another goes against creativity.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Isn't everything except for iron good against magnetism?And I think The Green is good against Earth as well, isn't it?Somebody should make one of those strengths and weaknesses charts like they have in Poke'mon. That would clear things up a lot
Actually, magnetism has some pretty severe drawbacks.What some people don't understand is that Echelon has distinctly above average control. Most of the stuff he does with relative ease, severely drains the average Toa of Magnetism of elemental energy. Hovering? Preventing people from moving? That stuff consumes EE pretty darn quick.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'm putting plantlife forward as the weakest element. People's swords go through it, fire and plasma utterly destroy it, ice just... kablooie.And my main character is a Toa of The Green. Good work me.I will say that it is one of the best against magnetism, but that is it.
And yet Plant Life is also one of the most adaptable and common of all. Remember, on Earth there are hundreds of thousands of plant species comprising a population of -illions that each possess their own unique traits. Don't sell it short.Really, as stated earlier, all elements have weaknesses and strengths. None's necessarily supreme and no single element has an ultimate advantage over another. Edited by Hero Creation Kit

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Now that we've put all this behind us...A few questions about the AncoraOne: Who's the leader? And please don't make it an exact mirror of the Daedra (Charity being the leader) because I feel somebody like Kal or Eyru would be a better choiceTwo: Can we start RPing as our Ancora?Three: When will they meet up?Yeah, I know, I feel like a freshman in the senior wing of the high school. A dwarf walking among giants.
One: Yeah, I was planning on asking both of them whether they'd want to lead since, (no offence to anyone), apart from Hubert, they're the most experienced RPers on the team.Two: I will be sending all of you a PM detailing your roles in the meeting of the Ancora. But, yeah, you can start RPing.Three: Eventually.And don't feel that way. Think of it as being a junior... in the junior wing of the high school.

[ BZPRPG ]

Seeng as Eyru already leads the other team, if I have to, I'll lead the Ancora.We all know that Iulius has enough experience from being in the Ussalry.
The Ussalry: Making BROS since 2011(exception being gyn) Edited by Hero Creation Kit

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Random question: What time is it in Ga-Koro?Random suggestion: We should keep a time log so that we know what time it is in each koro.
Weirdly enough, I cannot find the quote I remember about how time works in the BZPRPG...Regardless, it doesn't. It flows and shifts around the characters. You decide what time it is. But for two characters to interact, they have to decide the time of day, or the weather, or whatever. For instance, it was decided that the area around Pala-Koro exists during the night. If anyone wants to interact with other characters there, they have to play it as night. But if you're in Le-Wahi, you could say its midday or whatever. Anyway, I don't know what time of day most characters in Ga-Wahi are playing in, but I'd assume midday. That's always a good assumption.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Of course, in an in-character perspective, Quada is a rookie.So leading a team? Nah.And I'm also very lazy. So yeah, Grochi, you're now my boss.ORDER ME TO DO SOMETHING CRAZY. BECAUSE THEN IT WON'T BE MY FAULT.
Yeah, Quada was the only reason I didn't ask you to be leader.Also, Eyru still has yet to respond with a "yes" or "no", so the decision is still up in the air.

[ BZPRPG ]

Random question: What time is it in Ga-Koro?Random suggestion: We should keep a time log so that we know what time it is in each koro.
As nuju said, time is whatever time you want it to be as long as the other RPers accept it.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Do something people don't always seem to do:Read the rules. Then, make a character, based on those rules. Then RP as that character based on those rules, and you'll likely have a better start than any of us ever had ever in this RPG.
Ok. Well, I've already read through most of the rules, and the character creation rules. I was wondering if I (as a Toa) should just wash up on the shore like the original Toa Mata, or something else?I'll go see about making a character then. Look forward to RPing with you all!
TerionSig.jpg?t=1327029324

Welcome! Have fun in the BZPRPG. Be ready to have fun and argue about what is correct and what isn't. As Kal says, read the rules - all of it, before going on.The best way to get a good grip is to get your characters to join up with other characters. If you want, you can get some chars to join some of mine. :)

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Ok. Well, I've already read through most of the rules, and the character creation rules. I was wondering if I (as a Toa) should just wash up on the shore like the original Toa Mata, or something else?I'll go see about making a character then. Look forward to RPing with you all!
Welcome, Kaiden! I'm Nuju, your friendly neighborhood game host... if you have any questions, feel free to ask me them! :)I'd recommend avoiding backstory like that, if you can help it - the types of pasts that people invent for their characters really vary, and seeing as the Mata Nui of the game is, for all intents and purposes, all there is to the universe right now, backstories that pull from elsewhere in the BIONICLE canon don't really belong in my eyes. What I consider the most BZPRPG-canonically reasonable origin for a Toa on the island is that they were perhaps a former Matoran, and somehow happened on a Toa stone. You don't by any means have to stick to such a "kosher" backstory if you don't want, though. Have fun making your characters!

test2.png

So, I think what everybody's saying here is that if you want to become nigh indestructible, go take a creative writing class.But just for reference, what do you think the strongest element in the game is? I think that situation wise, it would either have to be air (Suffocate people), plasma (it burns through EVERYTHING), or magnetism (every single being in the game is at least 50% metal and so are most of their weapons). Iron would come as a close fourth but the strength difference between magnetism and iron would probably be situational.And yes, earth physics don't seem to apply here (how the karz was kiarani able to block a LIGHTNING BOLT?). It's annoying, I know.
No such thing, as stated above. All elements have strengths and weaknesses, like the world's most complicated game of rock paper scissors.Also, according to Greg, it's 85% metal, not 50.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Since pretty much always. This game is set in a BIONICLE universe, and while some things are different, many more stay the same. The geography of Mata Nui remains as it was in canon (despite some players trying to cross the Po-wahi/Le-wahi border), a nui-rama is still a giant fly and a pokawi is still a small swamp bird.The basic structure of Matoran society is more-or-less as it was in MNOG, and many canon characters have made appearances, just as we have known them. The Turaga, the guard forces of each koro and the traders within each, to name a few examples. Elemental and mask powers are the same as in canon (with a few minor modifications).The way I play this game is to assume that everything is as it was in canon unless stated otherwise - the Toa Mata failing, the parital human-isations of BIONICLE anatomies and all the other things that make this universe unique and those that are there to make the game run smoothly.It has been stated that (at the moment) there may or may not be a universe outside of Mata Nui - okey dokey. Toa can't perform nova blasts - fine. Ga-Matoran are usually good swimmers - this didn't have to be spelled out, because we play in a BIONICLE setting, where things like that are taken for granted. If we "never followed canon in the slightest", this sort of thing would need to be confirmed. We would have arguments over whether ambushing a hau user would cause the shield to fail, because canon information would have no bearing on the world of the game. As it is, canon does hold a lot of infulence on the game, but its influence is not absolute. It can be contradicted if there is a good reason, but generally, it is there and it is to be followed. BIONICLE canon is the basis of the BZPRPG universe, but some modifications have been made. Just because some things changed doesn't mean we can ignore everything else and still expect to have a world when we are done. This is a BIONICLE RPG for a reason.

ppg2.png

I'm putting plantlife forward as the weakest element. People's swords go through it, fire and plasma utterly destroy it, ice just... kablooie.
- Can't cut it if it has already grabbed your arm.- Can't burn it quick enough if the grass around you is reaching up from everywhere, and you'd risk burning yourself. In a forested area using fire might even have dire consequences.- Ice can only freeze the vines over, not destroy them completely. If one is whip-swinging towards you, the shattered stem might still hit you with some debris. If you throw ice towards an incoming plant array it will be like two equal forces stopping each other, I believe. One a physical wall being frozen over and stopped, the other a stream of energy that can't pass that wall quickly enough.Again, just be creative (but not so creative that someone has to call BS on your improbable control over pollen in the air. :)). Edited by Katuko

I'm putting plantlife forward as the weakest element. People's swords go through it, fire and plasma utterly destroy it, ice just... kablooie.
- Can't cut it if it has already grabbed your arm.- Can't burn it quick enough if the grass around you is reaching up from everywhere, and you'd risk burning yourself. In a forested area using fire might even have dire consequences.- Ice can only freeze the vines over, not destroy them completely. If one is whip-swinging towards you, the shattered stem might still hit you with some debris. If you throw ice towards an incoming plant array it will be like two equal forces stopping each other, I believe. One a physical wall being frozen over and stopped, the other a stream of energy that can't pass that wall quickly enough.Again, just be creative (but not so creative that someone has to call BS on your improbable control over pollen in the air. :)).
Really need an answer on this: Plants, like Madu Cabolo, are explosive. Some, maybe you can 'track' them in a certain way (Gives off pollen that smells greatly, leaves physical traces, etc.). Are these things allowed in the game, or is plantlife much more limited?@the Above,I guess that's one way of explaining Daedra Syndrome.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013