Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I WOULD input for the contest....But I'm lazy. I have it finished on day one, but I don't know if I should give it in. Meh~Also, for the All-Matoran team (Wow, sounds like a sport.), I have Axilus, Auron, Kaithas, Geardirector and MM. Contructman, 742mph, My offer is still open. Please either accept or decline soon. Norik Ta Hagah, You were gone when I sent out this invitation, so I'll send it to you again. I'm creating an All-Matoran team to roam around. Hopefully you'll accept.Anybody else wanna join, feel free. If I missed anybody, kindly notify me please :)
Alright, I'll PM you something when I can get back to my computer. If that's fine, of course.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Question about the contest:Do we have to include a works cited list?
Do you wish to be rightfully accused of plagiarism if you don't?
I find it highly unlikely that he could be accused of plagiarism at all for something he does not receive profit or a school grade for, much less rightfully accused.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Anzaros Plot Update

Chapter 1b

(Backstory Info:Vorok is a former Black Inferno servant who came clean, and Vilor wants him killed for it, along with Cy, who helped him defect to the light. Ziraul was at one point sent to Pala-Koro to kill them, but wound up negotiating to have a delegate sent to the Inferno in order to negotiate a generous payment for their lives. Kethrye never sent said delegate.)

In other news, I may see what I can come up with for this anatomy contest. If you have an Anzaros question, PM me.

If anybody wants some character interaction, I have a rapping Toa of Fire headed down the beach towards Ta-Koro.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Question about the contest:Do we have to include a works cited list?
Do you wish to be rightfully accused of plagiarism if you don't?
I find it highly unlikely that he could be accused of plagiarism at all for something he does not receive profit or a school grade for, much less rightfully accused.
Look at it this way. What is plagiarism? The copying of someone else's work, or paraphrasing of it, without giving credit. The simple way to give credit is via a works cited page.As well, it doesn't matter if you don't receive profit or a school grade. Plagiarism is plagiarism, plain and simple. Similarly to how it isn't allowed for either of those, it isn't allowed on BZP either, if you noticed.And yes, if the credit is not duly given, it would be a rightful accusation. Need I say more? I do not believe so.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I WOULD input for the contest....But I'm lazy. I have it finished on day one, but I don't know if I should give it in. Meh~Also, for the All-Matoran team (Wow, sounds like a sport.), I have Axilus, Auron, Kaithas, Geardirector and MM. Contructman, 742mph, My offer is still open. Please either accept or decline soon. Norik Ta Hagah, You were gone when I sent out this invitation, so I'll send it to you again. I'm creating an All-Matoran team to roam around. Hopefully you'll accept.Anybody else wanna join, feel free. If I missed anybody, kindly notify me please :)
All Matoran? Only Matoran no Toa? What is it about? Sorry I am a bit confused.

You should find Kughii (in Le). That Toa of Fire would get along well with DJ.Out of curiousity, has anyone made Anzaros yet besides myself?
I was actually going to make one - or a few, even. It seems like a very interesting species to experiment with, that's for sure.And... DJ? :P

You know what?All-Vortixx group. I'm making it.They'll fly around in an advanced airship with large guns. They'll be more technologically advanced than the entire island.Yes.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

See, since one person can't have "enormous Flying Fortress" as their piece of tech, each person will have a part of the ship as one of their pieces, and an Epic Weapon as the other.It'll work, plus its inside the rules. cool.pngAnd no, it won't be 1.6 kil in length.

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

You know what?All-Vortixx group. I'm making it.They'll fly around in an advanced airship with large guns.They'll be more technologically advanced than the entire island.Yes.
...You know, I already find myself admiring your ability to tie a loophole in everything.But what you really need to do is have pairs of Vortixx make individual fighter aircraft as their second slot, so that there can be amazing dogfight action going on. And perhaps even have Toa of Magnetism, Iron, or Gravity trade their powered Kanohi for a foreign tech slot, and make it an amazing jetpack or something so you can shoot people down....I would join. As many times as I could. Edited by Meta-Mind

Hi, I am a noob too. Can I join too?Not lying. The only thing about me that has changed since 2010 is my maturity. My maturity level decreased.
Yes.
PMI'm a noob. Can I join the group?
Yes.Relapse, can I join? We can have one guy create a Nuclear Fusion reactor to power the ship, and then an anti-heat plating for defense.And then we can have jets!Man, we need some vehicles in this game. Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Man, we need some vehicles in this game.
You know what, forget just vehicles. We need more teams in this game! Imagine the protocages everywhere! Skakdi lava monsters running rampant! Vortixx in tanks pillaging Po-Koro! Picture the utter mayhem!IT MUST BE DONE. Edited by Meta-Mind

You must be new here.
I reserve the right to lose my mind occasionally, new or not. Edited by Meta-Mind

*Harpsichord Concerto in D begins.*I am asking for players to read over this and express their views and opinions. I am calling for a general rule of play, this rule simply being: "If you are a specific element, do not charade your element as something it is not." For right now, I want to bring the element of gravity into the spotlight as an example of what I mean. I do not pretend to be a master of gravity, but I will do my best not to trample too many years of research.Gravity: A Look at The Element of The CosmosGravity is not, as some believe, this incredible graph where the ground is at the point (0,0), and those capable of altering the force of the cosmos can jump around the Y-value. Gravity is an immense power, so powerful entire worlds are kept in check by the simple notion of something attracting as much as it repels. To play with this phenomena is a highly technical and minute art. In this delve, I am going to look at how gravity works briefly in the real world, and then convey how this could play out in a Bionicle scenario -- a world where lightning bolts travel at the speed of an arrow, and cages of flame are easily rendered useless by a toa of Ice.Gravity in The Real WorldGravity is the ability of an object to exert an equal and opposite attraction to another object. Gravity keeps your feet firmly rooted in the dog defecation your neighbor left on your front lawn three days ago. Altering the gravitational state of something alters the correlation of the "push-me-pull-you" it has on EVERYTHING around it. You have to think larger than 3d here. Space is a great example. In space, one of the only real reasons why humans are not immediately pulled apart by the absence of gravity is because of the atomic and molecular bonds within our body. I know there are more reasons why we don't dissolve in Space, but for the sake of this brief delve I want to ignore them. Gravity is in essence the holding force; the great duct-tape of the universe's fundamental toolbox.Gravity in The BZPRPG, An Element All Its OwnHow is gravity currently used? Where can we see Gravity's real powers coming into play? How can players change their illusions of Gravity for the better? Gravity is currently used in three general ways: Increasing/decreasing the gravity of an opponent, moving objects over distances, and flying the breadth of the known world in a pose reminiscent of one's favorite action hero. To increase or decrease a PC's gravity is the same as attacking with a weapon of any kind: you are altering the player's very being. However, since the Bionicle world is NOT the real world, what is to say Gravity cannot be isolated to a single target? However, the fallacy with this usage is it requires the PERMISSION of another player. The idea of moving objects is taking the "fiddling with the y-axis" concept further with the notion a user of Gravity can alter the X, Y, and Z points of an object they manipulate. This concept is solely the domain of Telekinesis in this game; a highly useful mask power. Flight is also not the domain of gravity, as flight requires force and motion, not just the lack of attraction through weight. My ideas for how gravity could be used in the RPG style of gaming are as follows in a general sweep:1) Characters with Gravitational tendencies can pinpoint a target and increase or lower its gravitational pull, not it's weight. The effect creates a tug on objects surrounding it, making the affected object either expand or contract in an attempt to reach an equilibrium. Yes, you can still shoot a rock into the stratosphere with the blink of an eye, it will just simply require permission to shoot a player into space as well.2) Creating a field of higher or lesser gravity allows the player to manipulate multiple objects, even locations, at once. These fields can be thought of almost magnetically, but not quite. You are affecting the actual weight to weight reactions between the world and the area you've changed, not their polarity.3) Reducing one's gravity allows them to move more fluidly and lightly throughout the world. They gain a grace bestowed by a central force of the universe beyond that of normal, more gravitationally affected beings.ConclusionGravity is gravity. If you claim to be of the element of gravity, when working with physical and elemental properties do not charade as something other than you are. If you want to move objects across the room, be a Toa with a mask of telekinesis. Want to fly? Wear a mask of flight. Please, I'm not saying you can't crumple a player like an aluminum can if you have Player Permission, just don't go about doing things that aren't what your element actually is. I would like a general rule for ALL ELEMENTS in this nature of play: be the element you choose, and be it 100%.Thank you.

I say that becasue that's more or less what the game is already like. :P
On a more serious note, what I was actually referring to was basically using every facet of "teamwork" possible. Like combining Skakdi powers, tank Vortixx, et cetera. I'm well aware that there are armies everywhere.
Gravity in The BZPRPG, An Element All Its OwnHow is gravity currently used? Where can we see Gravity's real powers coming into play? How can players change their illusions of Gravity for the better? Gravity is currently used in three general ways: Increasing/decreasing the gravity of an opponent, moving objects over distances, and flying the breadth of the known world in a pose reminiscent of one's favorite action hero. To increase or decrease a PC's gravity is the same as attacking with a weapon of any kind: you are altering the player's very being. However, since the Bionicle world is NOT the real world, what is to say Gravity cannot be isolated to a single target? However, the fallacy with this usage is it requires the PERMISSION of another player. The idea of moving objects is taking the "fiddling with the y-axis" concept further with the notion a user of Gravity can alter the X, Y, and Z points of an object they manipulate. This concept is solely the domain of Telekinesis in this game; a highly useful mask power. Flight is also not the domain of gravity, as flight requires force and motion, not just the lack of attraction through weight. My ideas for how gravity could be used in the RPG style of gaming are as follows in a general sweep:1) Characters with Gravitational tendencies can pinpoint a target and increase or lower its gravitational pull, not it's weight. The effect creates a tug on objects surrounding it, making the affected object either expand or contract in an attempt to reach an equilibrium. Yes, you can still shoot a rock into the stratosphere with the blink of an eye, it will just simply require permission to shoot a player into space as well.2) Creating a field of higher or lesser gravity allows the player to manipulate multiple objects, even locations, at once. These fields can be thought of almost magnetically, but not quite. You are affecting the actual weight to weight reactions between the world and the area you've changed, not their polarity.3) Reducing one's gravity allows them to move more fluidly and lightly throughout the world. They gain a grace bestowed by a central force of the universe beyond that of normal, more gravitationally affected beings.ConclusionGravity is gravity. If you claim to be of the element of gravity, when working with physical and elemental properties do not charade as something other than you are. If you want to move objects across the room, be a Toa with a mask of telekinesis. Want to fly? Wear a mask of flight. Please, I'm not saying you can't crumple a player like an aluminum can if you have Player Permission, just don't go about doing things that aren't what your element actually is. I would like a general rule for ALL ELEMENTS in this nature of play: be the element you choose, and be it 100%.Thank you.
This is true for the most part, but there is a point you missed: another common useage of Gravity is not to increase gravity's pull on an object, but to increase that object's gravitational pull on others. This is the basis, at least as I see it, of the common "telekinesis fallacy" - but in many cases, it is taken too far and with too much precision to be realistically possible. Edited by Meta-Mind

Achieving flight through the use of gravity is simple: alter the pull of gravity so it is pulling on you in whatever direction you please. If gravity pulls you up instead of down, and then pulls you to the side... surprise! You're flying.This also applies to the "telekinetic" manipulation of objects: any Toa with a basic knowledge of their power can alter the pull of gravity on an object to pull it right or left, up or down.

See, since one person can't have "enormous Flying Fortress" as their piece of tech, each person will have a part of the ship as one of their pieces, and an Epic Weapon as the other.It'll work, plus its inside the rules. cool.pngAnd no, it won't be 1.6 kil in length.
I am very much in favour of this. Sign me up.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles