Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

>Floating shopping mall.

Uh, merchant ships aren't like that at all.

We're pretty much looking for characters to help out and/or buy.

You can PM Onarax for more details, because he's the boss, and he really didn't give me more real context for doing such a thing than: "I watched too much Spice and Wolf."

Would be nice to see a Peer who isn't your character. Hmmn.

You clearly didn't even dignify yourself by clicking the link, let alone reading it, or else you would have realized just how wrong your remark is. Please think before doing anything. It would make the world so much nicer. :) There should be no question to the fact that both Eyru and Gravity are the other players with new Peer characters named Caerus and Puroruk, respectively. Edited by Littlefinger

You clearly didn't even dignify yourself by clicking the link, let alone reading it, or else you would have realized just how wrong your remark is. Please think before doing anything. It would make the world so much nicer. :) There should be no question to the fact that both Eyru and Gravity are the other players with new Peer characters named Caerus and Puroruk, respectively.

I've read it, and it seems I worded my sentence wrong.

Uh.

"Its nice to see a peer who isn't your character. Hmmn."

That better? It's what I meant in the first place.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

What happened to Kino Iho's group and my Nameless Skakdi?

Could someone answer my question?

They dispersed, following Makuta's latest orders.

Meaning there isn't a Kino's group now.

Where were they when they dispersed?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I would recommend not touching the RPG forum while in the presence of anything resembling Halo.

O? Wai?

This might be why:

Like I said, think before doing anything. It would make everything nicer. :)

Oreius seems to be getting into one exciting thing after another. http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=119&page=316#entry478763]Destiny and the Darkness[/url]
Dude... that post made me happy and brought tears to my eyes. :3
--- How many times is that so far this year? I'm going for ten posts that make you happy. =D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I would probably not be affected emotionally by that at all, considering I know not the context XD

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

And Joske learns about faith.

Courage, Faith and Peace are pretty straightforward principles. What are Creation, Purity and Prosperity like?

Creation isn't to make sure things aren't destroyed; It is to make sure that when they are, you can rebuild.

Purity is to make sure your Creations supports your courage, faith and peace.

And Prosperity is the endpoint of all the principles combined, and what people are striving for.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Um, I'm not sure where you're getting those ideas, JL, but they're not right. The Principles were adopted by the villages, one principle per village, as a way to remind themselves of what matters most to their village ideals and to maintain morale and belief in the Three Virtues. You seem to be pulling things out of your butt.

Creation is exactly what the name implies: The ability to create. Used by Po-Matoran, it was central in their sculptures and carvings. To constantly create meant constantly making new things and maintaining things as perfect as possible. That's why its enemy was Disintegration, because Disintegration would erase what is created. Creation was derived from Unity and Destiny because by working together people can realize their destinies and create.

Purity was used in Ga-Koro and was central in the clarity of thought and body and be free of corruption. This makes sense since Ga-Koro was a cultural center and home of education and crystal-clear waters. If something is tainted, that makes it unclean and not suitable for use, like poisoned water or evil thoughts. Its enemy was Poison as a result. It was derived from Unity.

Prosperity, used by Onu-Matoran, was derived from Duty and Destiny because Duty meant doing one's work and Destiny determined the success of someone. One could be prosperous by being a hard worker and making wealth, either in money or goods. Because it is a never-ending process, it created the skill of Stamina to see through the work and achieve in the end. Its enemy was Hunger, the bane of success and a symptom of poverty and something that draws the energy out of a worker, making him less successful.

You see? There are in-depth reasons for all of the six Principles and their successive Skills. All are based on one or more of the Three Virtues and all are standalone companions to the Matoran culture. Here is the BS01 article on the Principles with links to more information there. And no, don't try to tell me you knew all this, because it's very apparent that you don't bother to look into things before speaking. Please think before you do things, especially when trying to explain a rather complex part of in-game society. We would all appreciate it. :)

Um, I'm not sure where you're getting those ideas, JL, but they're not right. The Principles were adopted by the villages, one principle per village, as a way to remind themselves of what matters most to their village ideals and to maintain morale and belief in the Three Virtues. You seem to be pulling things out of your butt.

Creation is exactly what the name implies: The ability to create. Used by Po-Matoran, it was central in their sculptures and carvings. To constantly create meant constantly making new things and maintaining things as perfect as possible. That's why its enemy was Disintegration, because Disintegration would erase what is created. Creation was derived from Unity and Destiny because by working together people can realize their destinies and create.

Purity was used in Ga-Koro and was central in the clarity of thought and body and be free of corruption. This makes sense since Ga-Koro was a cultural center and home of education and crystal-clear waters. If something is tainted, that makes it unclean and not suitable for use, like poisoned water or evil thoughts. Its enemy was Poison as a result. It was derived from Unity.

Prosperity, used by Onu-Matoran, was derived from Duty and Destiny because Duty meant doing one's work and Destiny determined the success of someone. One could be prosperous by being a hard worker and making wealth, either in money or goods. Because it is a never-ending process, it created the skill of Stamina to see through the work and achieve in the end. Its enemy was Hunger, the bane of success and a symptom of poverty and something that draws the energy out of a worker, making him less successful.

You see? There are in-depth reasons for all of the six Principles and their successive Skills. All are based on one or more of the Three Virtues and all are standalone companions to the Matoran culture. Here is the BS01 article on the Principles with links to more information there. And no, don't try to tell me you knew all this, because it's very apparent that you don't bother to look into things before speaking. Please think before you do things, especially when trying to explain a rather complex part of in-game society. We would all appreciate it. :)

---

Obviously, the ideas are my opinions, and how I would develop my characters if they were to "interact" with the principles.

Nothing wrong with that, right?

IC: [Treize]

"Ga-Koro to Batman, Ga-Koro to Batman. Do you copy?"

Right. What's going on with that, Hubert?

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'm sure we all have self control. We aren't going to throw insults at each other. @Hubert, it's just the same as any other idea. You apply it. I mean, if Joske is developing from the villages' principles, then wouldn't it be Tuck applying his ideas of the principle onto his character?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'm sure we all have self control. We aren't going to throw insults at each other. @Hubert, it's just the same as any other idea. You apply it. I mean, if Joske is developing from the villages' principles, then wouldn't it be Tuck applying his ideas of the principle onto his character?

---

JL, I think it's perfectly fine for you to have your own interpretation of the Principles. In fact, it's a good thing - and yes, do use it in CD. :)

However, your mistake was presenting your personal ideas on the subject as fact, to a player who needed a brief explanation of the canon significance of those three Principles.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png