Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I do hope you guys realize you'll have to get them back to their Koro's eventually, in which case they will undoubtedly die. We've got the best killing team on the island going after them.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Yes, we have to get them back to their koros eventually, but saying "undoubtedly" is tossing a good portion of Tuck's common sense guide out the window.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

...Somehow, I'm hoping Nuju pulls out a "VAKAMA KILLS EVERYTHING" moment again. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Yes, we have to get them back to their koros eventually, but saying "undoubtedly" is tossing a good portion of Tuck's common sense guide out the window.

---I would disagree. It's simply confidence. Well-placed confidence, I might add. Bad Company IS the deadliest group of mercs on the island, after all.

We have guards. At the very least, your characters won't escape without some cuts and bruises. And Thliveros will be watching Nuju like a hawk. The moment Brykon appears, BAMF, force field.But yeah, the turaga don't have a big chance of survival.These killings will be performed before the New Year, right?

I'm sorry Relapse, no insult intended, but I don't think you are good enough of an RPer to do that without ignoring the fact that the NPCs guarding them are going to be Elite. They just got back their Turaga, security is going to be crazy.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

We have guards. At the very least, your characters won't escape without some cuts and bruises. And Thliveros will be watching Nuju like a hawk. The moment Brykon appears, BAMF, force field.

---And I suppose all these terribly brave guards have omniscient and instantaneous intel, which is why they know their Turaga's lives are in danger even though the plan was only made a few minutes ago IC? :)

I'm sorry Relapse, no insult intended, but I don't think you are good enough of an RPer to do that without ignoring the fact that the NPCs guarding them are going to be Elite. They just got back their Turaga, security is going to be crazy.

That's okay. I have no qualms with proving you wrong.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

The Turaga usually don't have many guards, and there's no real reason to pump up security just after the Turaga have gotten home safe.

----------

That is exactly when you would expect security to be bumped up. At least part of it is going to be "Oh yay he is back, I am never letting him out of my sight again." The second part is that people expect you to let your guard down right then,so logically that is when they will try and get past your guard and kill/kidnap/dowhatever to your person of interest.

I can see no reason that they would go back to the level of security that recently failed to do its job.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The biggest reason they would post guards is to protect the villagers from the turaga, especially considering the slugs on their backs and the horrific appearance they have. The turaga will request this because they were kidnapped by something that could go trough security easily anyway and the turaga know they are the biggest threats to the villagers. With security faced inwardly, not outwardly, the chance for a successful strike is hightened.

Also, Petorgas is departing for Ko-Wahi in a couple days. He'll go through the Fau Swamp, past Kini-Nui, and north to Ko-Koro.

You do NOT need to post everything your character is going to do in N&D.

EW, is there a reason why the turaga are to be eliminated - at the exact same time?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I also doubt the villagers will be as thrilled as some seem to expect. What do the Turaga look like now again?

----

They actually look quite normal, besides the Kraata-like slugs on their back. However, when the Parakuka is actiavated, their hands tend to grow claws and they become hunched over and stuff.

Also:

Ignoring the guards is not cool. Come on guys, let's atleast try and make this interesting? You know? A bit of a challange to kill the Turaga?

Because walking in and ignoring them (or just sneaking through the back door where there are conviently no guards posted) doesn't make for a good story. Where's the suspense? The obstacle for the bad guys to overcome? "Yeah, I killed a Turaga alright, and just barely made it out alive with 'bout fifty guards on my tail. How's that for an accomplishment? Beat that."

The general feeling I've got so far is that you guys are just gonna walk in and stab a knife in their chest before walking out the door like nothing happened. Where's the fun in that?

[/rant]

c:

plzthxbai

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I also doubt the villagers will be as thrilled as some seem to expect. What do the Turaga look like now again?

----

They actually look quite normal, besides the Kraata-like slugs on their back. However, when the Parakuka is actiavated, their hands tend to grow claws and they become hunched over and stuff.

Also:

Ignoring the guards is not cool. Come on guys, let's atleast try and make this interesting? You know? A bit of a challange to kill the Turaga?

Because walking in and ignoring them (or just sneaking through the back door where there are conviently no guards posted) doesn't make for a good story. Where's the suspense? The obstacle for the bad guys to overcome? "Yeah, I killed a Turaga alright, and just barely made it out alive with 'bout fifty guards on my tail. How's that for an accomplishment? Beat that."

The general feeling I've got so far is that you guys are just gonna walk in and stab a knife in their chest before walking out the door like nothing happened. Where's the fun in that?

[/rant]

c:

plzthxbai

On the other hand, what's the point in drama like that when it's unrealistic? Fun? No net fun is achieved if it is accompanied by guilt. And I'd say guilt of making something unrealistically dramatic by adding in random guards who just so happen to be hyper-paranoid/gifted with foresight/any other handwave for alertness towards assassination is pretty bad. So Bad Company won't rush in and get attacked by 100 guards because it's not likely. Neither will its members just waltz in, stab the turaga, and waltz out, because that's not just a fair bit unlikely but stupid.

I can tell you what I expect them to do based on this conversation and based on their previous actions. BC members will attack the turaga in attacks requiring a metric ton of planning and a load of hard work. In all probability, they'll use actual stealth and timing to infiltrate as opposed to violence due to their knowledge that straight fight against so many guards equates to almost certain death. When they kill the elders, you can bet that they'll have done it as professional as Batman: Using extraordinary thought and prep to execute a flawless job. That's much more fun than an undeserved fight.

In summary: They aren't going to ignore the guards. They'll bypass them in such a way that makes them even more boss than had they engaged in a gratuitous chase scene, and the end result will be that we can get on to the really suspenseful stuff of this RPG quicker as the plot is sped.

Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Yes, I know, and I'd much rather prefer something akin to metric tons of careful planning. But as I stated in my post, from what I've read so far, the general feel was "I'm going to kill the Turaga and there's nothing you can possibly do to even hinder my progress."

Realism is fun. As such, I vote for realism. Charging into the Turaga's huts is not something I would have expected of BC. Still, on the note of realism. Careful planning can't account for everything, and I'd kinda like to see that RP'ed during the assassinations. For the sake of good story. I find myself hard pressed to find a instance in most stories where a plan goes of flawlessly. Plans that get done perfectly and characters that are flawless aren't that fun to read.

This is just my preferance. If it doesn't happen, I'll probably just grumble a whole lot.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Yes, I know, and I'd much rather prefer something akin to metric tons of careful planning. But as I stated in my post, from what I've read so far, the general feel was "I'm going to kill the Turaga and there's nothing you can possibly do to even hinder my progress."

Realism is fun. As such, I vote for realism. Charging into the Turaga's huts is not something I would have expected of BC. Still, on the note of realism. Careful planning can't account for everything, and I'd kinda like to see that RP'ed during the assassinations. For the sake of good story. I find myself hard pressed to find a instance in most stories where a plan goes of flawlessly. Plans that get done perfectly and characters that are flawless aren't that fun to read.

This is just my preferance. If it doesn't happen, I'll probably just grumble a whole lot.

Oh, the one plan need not be flawless. Why expect low enough of them to assume that they won't have Plans B-Z? :D

Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.