Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I had to wait for responses from about 4 people who said they were too busy so their input might have to wait.But no. It's happening..... Right after I finish watching The Hobbit.And it's on my birthday, too! What a nice coincidence. It also has the second in-game matoran to Toa transformation.EDIT: OMG! The new guy, Capricorn, who has three posts under his belt, is In no ways a noob. Nice!

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

So tomorrow I'm going to be out of the country for about 10 days. I'm not going to have my laptop, but I'll still be able to check in and possibly make posts, but they might be short since I'll be restricted to my tablet (which isn't the best for typing on). I don't think bunnying will be necessary, since one of my characters has yet to debut (still waiting to find a good moment to get her in), and Veros is all fine. Thanks everyone!

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

I posted this in Ga-Wahi, but it should also go here. Please read this if you want to know anything about what Ga-Koro is going to look like in the next little while.

First of all, when Nokama returns, the Ga-Matoran are going to hold a celebration in honour of their Turaga's homecoming. When it finishes, the Turaga will accompanied to her hut and guarded from that point on by at least one Marine and at least one Toa Arete.

If you do not have a character in the Marines, or one who is considered trustworthy by the village at large (the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Embok), then you will not be allowed to guard the Turaga or be with her alone at any time.

This is not for the purpose of making the assassination "easier." It is simply an attempt to keep things realistic, keeping continuity with the Arete's control over Ga-Koro, and the general mood of anxious relief that the Matoran must feel upon Nokama's return. There will never be fewer than two guards, and there will always be at least one Arete and one Marine.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Does the Navy count? Because I have no Ga-Koro Marines characters, but I do have a Ga-Koro Navy character.

---

I would consider them to be the same thing. Many people call each village's military by different names; the traditionally accepted one for Ga-Koro is the Marines, but the Navy has been used as well.

I look forward to circumventing your safety measures. :)

---

As do I; it will be exciting. :)

EDIT: OMG! The new guy, Capricorn, who has three posts under his belt, is In no ways a noob. Nice!

--_--_--_--I'm willing to bet he's a noob on terms of being a new player to the game.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

You know, if something sounds the same, has a similar spelling, and means almost the same thing, then yeah, I don't differentiate. It's really not something to scream about.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Not trying to offend you guys but the fact that you are completely ignoring the fact that 1 term is an insult and the other is just a label kind of shows, ah.....a disrespecting lack of intelligence.

Newb: New guy.

Noob: The guy who does bad things, doesn't want to change, and generally looked down upon.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The fact that you're completely ignoring the fact that both can be used exactly the same way, and, in fact, have the same denotation-merely meaning something new-shows what I would consider a lack of intelligence, JL.

They've just evolved seperate connotations because a lot of people feel that being called a noob/newb can be insult, and noob is just the one generally taken to be more insulting. Connotation.

Get your facts straight, and stop whining about something that doesn't matter at all for the game.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Not trying to offend you guys but the fact that you are completely ignoring the fact that 1 term is an insult and the other is just a label kind of shows, ah.....a disrespecting lack of intelligence.

Newb: New guy.

Noob: The guy who does bad things, doesn't want to change, and generally looked down upon.

not trying to offend you guys but you're disrespectful and stoopid

Think before you click the post button, and end this conversation, everyone. Now.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Newbie, newb, n00b or noob is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity. Contemporary use can particularly refer to a beginner or new user of computers, often concerning internet activity, such as online gaming or Linux use. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgment.

From your favorite internet encyclopedia, backed up by multiple other dictionaries.

In short, noob and newb are interchangeable, and mean literally the same thing. There is no difference, whether in meaning or connotation. If you see one, you assigned it yourself.

So... Disrespectful lack of intellect. Think before you speak.

Hope that clears it up for everyone.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Seriously, I'm sick of this, it's childish and stupid. Not even sure why we have GD anymore when all people do here is bicker over something as mundane and stupid as words.Next person here that posts something not related to the RPG, get's kicked in the teeth.I for one am incredibly excited for next year, and look forward to see what changes are made. I expect it only to get better at this point.

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Um

JL

Not sure if you're trolling

But...

Relapse's apology? Umm...sarcasm, maybe?

--

You don't say. And so was my response.

The moment you get into the deeper levels of sarcasm over the internet, people instantly just stop realizing you're sarcastic and takes you srs.

From your favorite internet encyclopedia, backed up by multiple other dictionaries.

In short, noob and newb are interchangeable, and mean literally the same thing. There is no difference, whether in meaning or connotation. If you see one, you assigned it yourself.

--

I realize I'm probably gonna get kicked in the teeth by one sad legion, but I think I really need to clear this up, not only because people are wrong, but because I've only really been dissed by people who are wrong (That and I don't like it when somebody says one thing and when Im midway through a response somebody says don't respond).

You went on dat wiki with a pedia slapped on the back? Scroll down. You'll see. Or better yet, go to the worlds greatest search engine starting with g and ending with e, and type in 3 key words: "Difference" "Noob" Newb".

Mundane as it might be to the game, people can get offended thanks to misuse of these words. And if you simply say "I don't mean it", well, if someone says a cuss word and then says "I don't mean it", it's still a cuss word, right?

==============

Apart from Kumu not being there, will there be major location differences between 2012 and 2013's MN?

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Seriously, I'm sick of this, it's childish and stupid. Not even sure why we have GD anymore when all people do here is bicker over something as mundane and stupid as words.Next person here that posts something not related to the RPG, get's kicked in the teeth.I for one am incredibly excited for next year, and look forward to see what changes are made. I expect it only to get better at this point.

So much of this.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND