Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

As is said in FT's guide "Plans are not perfect"

Having a plan for everything falls under having a can of clown repellant in your pocket in my opinion.

I know I keep going on about it but it seems that what he puts in there keeps getting swept under the carpet.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Oh, the one plan need not be flawless. Why expect low enough of them to assume that they won't have Plans B-Z? :D
--- I certain hope so. :P
Gravity, please. Stop with the comic sans. On an iPad, it becomes some weird font which is nigh impossible to read.IMO, if guards are gonna be ignored, or unrealistic ally batted away, then PC's can join in the fray.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

As is said in FT's guide "Plans are not perfect"

Having a plan for everything falls under having a can of clown repellant in your pocket in my opinion.

I know I keep going on about it but it seems that what he puts in there keeps getting swept under the carpet.

I don't think you pay much attention to the people writing the big, plot-important posts, then. The guide for realism and common sense is always used there, after all, to make sure things will work. For some others, not so much-myself included, in fact. But with it getting swept under the carpet, that has to do less with you thinking that we're all going to disregard it, and more that some of the people who crank out two-line-or-less (not counting Hubert) posts are generally the ones who disregard the entire thing.

Also, on the plan for everything topic: I think that you're exaggerating a bit when you say "plan for everything." Mangobruv simply mentioned that it's inevitable that we'll likely have backups-after all, any good plan has a backup, a failsafe, something to fall back on when something goes terribly wrong, so that you at least have a good chance of completing your objective and getting out alive, instead of having to just go "Whelp, we failed, guess we ought to sit here and wait for them to execute us."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

As is said in FT's guide "Plans are not perfect" Having a plan for everything falls under having a can of clown repellant in your pocket in my opinion. I know I keep going on about it but it seems that what he puts in there keeps getting swept under the carpet.

I don't think you pay much attention to the people writing the big, plot-important posts, then. The guide for realism and common sense is always used there, after all, to make sure things will work. For some others, not so much-myself included, in fact. But with it getting swept under the carpet, that has to do less with you thinking that we're all going to disregard it, and more that some of the people who crank out two-line-or-less (not counting Hubert) posts are generally the ones who disregard the entire thing. Also, on the plan for everything topic: I think that you're exaggerating a bit when you say "plan for everything." Mangobruv simply mentioned that it's inevitable that we'll likely have backups-after all, any good plan has a backup, a failsafe, something to fall back on when something goes terribly wrong, so that you at least have a good chance of completing your objective and getting out alive, instead of having to just go "Whelp, we failed, guess we ought to sit here and wait for them to execute us."
===For some obvious reason, I'm wondering: If we decide to, with common sense and good playing, manage to get involved in, or even stop, the assassination attempts, are the assassins players going to start scolding them for messing up a plan?Or, for a better way of saying it, does the plan have a staff approved endpoint that cannot be changed no matter what, and if so, can people still interact and change the course of the plan, but not the endpoint?If not, if we have a set endpoint and set amount of characters who participate, then no matter how good the writing is, it's still not going to be as exciting enough as it could be with other player characters interacting. Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'm foreseeing this as: Assassin sets Turaga loose, Turaga lets all break loose, trashes everything. Assassin kills the Turaga in "self-defense". Assassin is now a half-hero. Please don't take me seriously, I don't really think that's how it'll happen.
That'd be what the FoM would do.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

There isn't a set amount of characters who can participate, and I bet I speak for all of us when I say that if you guys don't try to participate (in a semi-realistic manner, at least), then we'll be rather disappointed.

As well, for messing up a plan. Scolding them. I dunno about you, but I, even, a relative newcomer, remember the days when people weren't so immature as to all run in here and start whining when a plan failed. "No plan survives contact with the BZPRPG." That's why we make failsafes for our plans. We don't run in here as soon as one plan is turned all to muck because we didn't think hard enough to prepare for some sort of eventuality.

Staff approved endpoint: It's EW. What do you really think? Same as with how removing Kumu was sanctioned-nay, wanted-by Nuju, the killing of the Turaga likely is as well, to pave the way for next year.

Does that mean you can't interact, you can't try to be a part of it? No.

If you think it won't be exciting, then you have two things you can do: Sit there and continue to mope like I've seen oh-so-many of us do lately, or get into it and see if you can find some excitement or make it yourself, see if you can get some character development in, and this last most definitely goes for all of us: Practice your bloody writing!

You can never get enough practice, and if its fun at the same time, why wouldn't you go for it?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

There isn't a set amount of characters who can participate, and I bet I speak for all of us when I say that if you guys don't try to participate (in a semi-realistic manner, at least), then we'll be rather disappointed. As well, for messing up a plan. Scolding them. I dunno about you, but I, even, a relative newcomer, remember the days when people weren't so immature as to all run in here and start whining when a plan failed. "No plan survives contact with the BZPRPG." That's why we make failsafes for our plans. We don't run in here as soon as one plan is turned all to muck because we didn't think hard enough to prepare for some sort of eventuality. Staff approved endpoint: It's EW. What do you really think? Same as with how removing Kumu was sanctioned-nay, wanted-by Nuju, the killing of the Turaga likely is as well, to pave the way for next year. Does that mean you can't interact, you can't try to be a part of it? No. If you think it won't be exciting, then you have two things you can do: Sit there and continue to mope like I've seen oh-so-many of us do lately, or get into it and see if you can find some excitement or make it yourself, see if you can get some character development in, and this last most definitely goes for all of us: Practice your bloody writing! You can never get enough practice, and if its fun at the same time, why wouldn't you go for it?
Practice?...I need to practice getting into plots.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

What are the limitations to a Hau, exactly? Is there anything it can't protect me from even if I know it's coming? Such as the ground rapidly approaching?

---

Yes, Tahu did this multiple times. Just don't expect your shield to hold up after this. Its more of a "just barely saved my life" sort of thing.

EDIT: Also, you must actually be able to see what's coming at you. Not just know that its there.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I think the Hau can block attacks headed in the person's direction (like Tahu Nuva blocking the lava flow in MoL). However, if it's something that is travelling extremely quickly (like a high caliber bullet), it won't be able to repel it, especially if the wearer doesn't know that the pieve nof metal their enemy is holding fires pieces of metal at high speeds. The attack also needs to bein the user's visual range, I think.

I think the Hau can block attacks headed in the person's direction (like Tahu Nuva blocking the lava flow in MoL). However, if it's something that is travelling extremely quickly (like a high caliber bullet), it won't be able to repel it, especially if the wearer doesn't know that the pieve nof metal their enemy is holding fires pieces of metal at high speeds. The attack also needs to bein the user's visual range, I think.
Ambush = okAnd inadvertently blocking an attack by blocking another.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I was going to have a character on both sides directly, but that idea was ill-recieved. So I plan to use this to my advantage the fair way. In the shadows. >=DAs Grochi said, I'd be dissappointed if someone didn't come after me. Not that I plan to fail or anything, though that could change.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I was going to have a character on both sides directly, but that idea was ill-recieved. So I plan to use this to my advantage the fair way. In the shadows. >=DAs Grochi said, I'd be dissappointed if someone didn't come after me. Not that I plan to fail or anything, though that could change.
So.I might've missed this, but which BC member is killing which Turaga?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

You could actually read the post! Wouldn't that be crazy?...As far as I know:Dorian/Jin have Vakama.Grokk has Nokama.Marfoir has Matau.Liacada has Whenua.Sev/Illicia has Onewa.Brykon has Nuju.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

A bit late but,

The Kanohi Hau is the Mask of Shielding. It allows its user to protect themselves from any physical attack that they are aware of by throwing up a force shield.

-------------------------

From BS01.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I think that it was established that duration and amount of force it could take were determined by the willpower and skill of the user.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I think that it was established that duration and amount of force it could take were determined by the willpower and skill of the user.

Duration: It can last nearly infinitely long if it were holding a candle against the shield.

It probably wouldn't last long if Makuta sends a shadow bolt against it.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

So I'll be traveling over the next two days and then be out of country while I'm away.

So for those interacting with me feel free to bunny my characters, in particular:

Rit should just be bunnied along by Tuck's group.

Lans goes to VF

Sev should just be bunnied in the Turaga assassination by someone involved.

Malik goes to either Snelly or Despair(Then again none of us are posting so...)Hubert you get pretty much everyone else.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Respawn, that type of thing is better done in PM, or in an OOC if the problem isn't urgent or big.

I personally think the Turaga assassination should be somewhere between easy and nearly impossible. Plus, there could be some epic battle culminating in the deaths of the Turaga, with whoever wins the fight physically left up to chance and the RPing skills of the parties involved. With optional PC deaths and mass damage to just about everything within a mile radius, give or take a few meters.

Not that I'll be involved at all. Just my two cents.

Fire and blood!

Pk57sNJ.jpg