Interesting Facts Topic

JAG18

Humans have stripes on their skin! They're virtually invisible unless you have a certain skin disease. Then they're visible. That's amazing!

The human soul weighs about 21 grams.

Dark chocolate is good for you.

For most people, if you pinch the skin of your elbow with your fingers, it doesn't hurt. When I do it, I kinda feel it.

The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

The original poem never said Humpty Dumpty was an egg. Ouch.

Coca-Cola was originally green.

Here's some good news for people who have torn dollar bills: If you have at least 5/8 of a torn dollar bill, it can be redeemed for full value!

Bananas are slightly radioactive. :bored: :OMG:

Video games are said to make dyslexic people read better.

And speaking of video games, I heard gamers are considered athletes! I could be wrong, though.

Well, that's about 11 facts and I used up enough of my time and yours. I'll be back, though! :)

mindeth the cobwebs

Humans have stripes on their skin! They're virtually invisible unless you have a certain skin disease. Then they're visible. That's amazing!

For most people, if you pinch the skin of your elbow with your fingers, it doesn't hurt. When I do it, I kinda feel it.

Here's some good news for people who have torn dollar bills: If you have at least 5/8 of a torn dollar bill, it can be redeemed for full value!

And speaking of video games, I heard gamers are considered athletes! I could be wrong, though.

Well, that's about 11 facts and I used up enough of my time and yours. I'll be back, though! :)

I allready said the one about the electric chair. So make that ten.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

The Battle of Columbus, Georgia fought in the Civil War on April 16, 1865 was officially declared by the Georgia government to be "the last battle in the War Between the States".

One of the Confederate soldiers present was slashed across the chest by a saber, and like many veterans become addicted to morphine, which was used as a pain killer in the Civil War. He later became a pharmaist and this addiction partly help fuel his invention of a new drink, which included cocaine leaves . The man's name was John S. Pemberton, the inventor of Coca-Cola.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I allready said the one about the electric chair. So make that ten.

My bad! Sorry about that!

mindeth the cobwebs

TPP beat Pokemon Red. :D

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

After the production and use of nuclear missiles, everything is slightly radioactive.

This is true, but bananas had been slightly radioactive long before nuclear missiles were invented. It's due to some of the potassium isotopes, which the lovely yellow fruit is not short on.

Gears are existent in the natural world. A recently discovered species of issus has similar structures connecting its limbs, allowing it to jump between plants at ridiculous speeds.

A new state of matter has just been discovered. So it's no longer solid, liquid, gas, plasma, and the other more obscure ones. "Dropletons" have been created for the first time at Colorado University.

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei
  • Upvote 1

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Superman is created by two Jewish Teenage Boys.

Mario's first name was Jumpman.

Red Skull was based on a Hot Fudge Sundae.

Nightcrawler was going to be a DC Character before he become a MARVEL Character.

Wolverine was going to be a Teenage like Spidey.

The Clovis people were not the first people to arrive to America, but in fact, a tribe of people found in France came ling before the Clovis did. Evidence shows that the arrow heads match those found along the coast of Western France and Northern Spain, match those found in Florida.

Even a geologist from the Smithsonian confirms this. Which means that what we were taught about the Native American ancestors is wrong. (An episode of America Unearthed released Jan. 2014, hosted by geologist Scott Wolter.)

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Japan is very accessible to agoraphobics, due to a couple reasons; there, it's considered shameful to have a family member go in to therapy, so relatives will often hide them and bring supplies such as food, water, money and toiletries; there are vending machines that dispense all kinds of merchandise (such as clothing, food and soap), so even if the recluse has to leave their house, they can get what they need without ever seeing a human face.

At the Sochi Olympics, the super-finalists for the Women's Skiing Aerials first names were in alphabetical order, backwards (in order of placement).

Edited by Dapper-Kun

Morally unambiguous.

After the production and use of nuclear missiles, everything is slightly radioactive.

Everything, from any point in time (especially things that are currently or were previously alive--ever heard of carbon dating?), is slightly radioactive.

But yeah, bananas especially.

Edited by Monsieur P~M
  • Upvote 1

banner.jpg

How much time have gamers collectively invested in Activision's Call of Duty franchise? According to popular science, the aggregate amount of gameplay time fans have spent on the popular video game series is estimated to be about 2.9 million years.

The man who invented the traffic light never learned how to drive.

At it height in the 1930's, the British Empire ruled over 1/4 of the world's land and about 1/3 of it's population. The closest thing to world domination ever.

The 14th Tennessee regiment--made up of natives of Clarksville--entered the U.S. Civil War with 960 members. By the time the Battle of Gettysburg was over--their were only 3 left.

The cellphone camera was invented so the inventor could show off pictures of his new born baby.

The Gatling Gun was invented by a doctor

I'm very disturbed. The doc my family sees seems like the kinda guy who'd make one of those...

Did you know:

You can drink lava, but only once,

Something happens to my avatar when you go to my Profile?

That ABC is owned by Disney?

Then I'd better make that time count!

Here's a fact: I tried to see what that was all about.

What. Are you serious.

mindeth the cobwebs

President Andrew Johnson was drunk during his speech at his inauguration.

From what I've heard, he was drunk when he was inaugurated as VP, which was still a bit of a scandal when he took over as President six weeks later.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The Gatling Gun was invented by a doctor

I'm very disturbed. The doc my family sees seems like the kinda guy who'd make one of those...

Did you know:

You can drink lava, but only once,

Something happens to my avatar when you go to my Profile?

That ABC is owned by Disney?

Then I'd better make that time count!

Here's a fact: I tried to see what that was all about.

What. Are you serious.

You missed it. My older avatar did [Redacted].

Did you know that back in the colonial times, you could be put to death for minor offenses.

If you have not seen the movie, do not read this and go see the scenes at Need For Spees youtube channel.

The expensive cars in Need For Speed are actually nothing but a chassis and engime built to resemble the car. They obviously would not allow the director to use million dollar cars that are involved in crashes. All the racing is real and the cars are real. Nothing is CGI.

The name for PHP, the hypertext preprocessing language, is a recursive acronym, which means one of the letters stands for the whole. In this case, PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, which stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor: Hypertext Preprocessor... you get the idea. Other examples include GNU (GNU's Not Unix) and ANX (ANX's Not XNA... which stands for XNA's Not Acronymed).

Also, WINE stands for WINE Is Not [an] Emulator.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Apple seeds are poisonous but before you panic, you would need to eat more seeds than the number of digits of Pi.

There's no such thing as "more than the number of digits of pi", because pi is an infinite decimal.

That was the point.

Apple seeds are poisonous but before you panic, you would need to eat more seeds than the number of digits of Pi.

There's no such thing as "more than the number of digits of pi", because pi is an infinite decimal.

That was the point.

Then that's wrong. No matter how small the dosage is, as long as it's not zero it would take a finite number of them to be harmful.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

That was the point.

Then that's wrong. No matter how small the dosage is, as long as it's not zero it would take a finite number of them to be harmful.

Oh well.

If you search up Pupwa the pony, you get some weird stuff. May or May not be related to me.

In Michigan, it is illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant.

The popular term "sideburns" originated with the Civil War Union General Ambrose Burnside, known for his unusual hair style on the side of his head.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

elephants are the only mammals that cannot jump

peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite

the average person eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night

lipstick has fish scales in it

a giraffe can go longer without water than a camel can

there are 293 ways to make change for a dollar

a shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes

Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

This isn't true, it was presented as a fact on the internet for the sole point of "people will believe anything they come across on the internet." It was written as part of a list of false facts by PC Professional columnist Lisa Holst, which was taken from a book on insect fact and folklore.

This isn't true, it was presented as a fact on the internet for the sole point of "people will believe anything they come across on the internet." It was written as part of a list of false facts by PC Professional columnist Lisa Holst, which was taken from a book on insect fact and folklore.

Obviously, you haven't seen CGP Grey question that belief. Chances are that Snopes--who is often paraphrased when dispelling this "myth"--made up the myth in the first place before even debunking it. Please note, that I do not believe that that is the end of this story, I'm just saying that their more to this whole controversy then most people think.

And now for an interesting fact:

"Some men, just want to watch the world burn."

Obviously, you haven't seen CGP Grey question that belief. Chances are that Snopes--who is often paraphrased when dispelling this "myth"--made up the myth in the first place before even debunking it. Please note, that I do not believe that that is the end of this story, I'm just saying that their more to this whole controversy then most people think.

And now for an interesting fact:

"Some men, just want to watch the world burn."

That is true. I feel that way sometimes. I just channel through some angry rock music or by playing Plague Inc.

Never saw that addition before, but regardless the point's the same: People don't eat spiders in their sleep.

I wanted to point out it being incorrect as people who suffer from arachnophobia can get extremely freaked out by the statement, speaking from experience.

I suppose I've got a few:

Legendary voice actor Don LaFontaine of "In a world..." fame supplied his voice to the Disney produced television series Fillmore!

At least four popes were the sons of priests, and at least two were the sons of other popes.

Cartoon voice actors Ashley Johnson and Greg Cipes have played characters romantically affiliated with each other several times when they've appeared on the same show.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 2 weeks later...

When President Barrack H. Obama made a trip to Japan, he was staying in the city of Obama. Yes, really.

Marvel Comics' 100-year anniversary comes in 25 years.

As of late 2013, there are 20 Battlefield games, but only 3 numbered sequels. This is because the four main games occur in the same continuity, whereas Bad Company and the others are in their own timelines.

Edited by Dapper-Kun

Morally unambiguous.

After The Battle of Cold Harbor, fought in the Civil War, was over; a blood splattered diary was found. The last entry read: June 3, 1864 Cold Harbor, Virginia I was killed.

Cicada 3301 is said to be a secretive organization, which every January puts complex puzzles on the internet with the intent to hire the solvers for an unknown purpose.

"The Exorcist", "The Amityville Horror", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "The Conjuring", and "The Blair Witch Trial" are films rumored or marketed as being based on true stories, but at least three have been proven to be purely fictional.

• Upvote 1

"The Exorcist", "The Amityville Horror", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "The Conjuring", and "The Blair Witch Trial" are films rumored or marketed as being based on true stories, but at least three have been proven to be purely fictional.

it's The Blair Witch Project, not The Blair Witch Trial.

also, just to elaborate so people know which films are fiction and which are supposedly based on fact: The Exorcist, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and The Blair Witch Project were indeed marketed as being based on true stories, but were pure works of fiction only taking bits and pieces of inspiration from various events and urban legends. The Amityville Horror and The Conjuring, however, were based on real people and adapted from reports of alleged hauntings.

incidentally, both films are based on hauntings investigated by Ed and Lorraine Warren, though only The Conjuring actually features them as characters.

Edited by Ryuujin
  • Upvote 2