Favurite quotes/scenes from Bionicle

I believe there exsisted a topic like this on the old forum some time ago and I'm surprised that nobody made a new one.

Guess I will :P

Mine are:

-"You have no powers," said the Makuta, picking up a wickedly sharp blade. "You have no mind. You are about to have no head."

(Destiny war)

-"So who are you, exactly?" asked Tarduk.

"My name is... ah... Toa Vezon," he said, loud enough for all the Toa to hear. "I'm the Toa of... of... Anarchy."

Tarduk frowned. "Okay. I see. We were really hoping for Ice... gets pretty hot doing this work."

Vezon looked around. No one had reacted at all to his name... not even Jaller.

(Reign of Shadows)

• Upvote 1

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

"Axonn, you fool don't you realize your fighting for a lost cause?

And don't you realize that those are the only kind worth fighting for?"

-Brutaka and Axonn

"People make mistakes that's what happens when your brave enough to make decisions."-Matau

"Toa don't kill, because if we did we would have started with you."-Vakama

"Cause that's what friends do."-Whenua

These are probably the best when it comes to expressing heroic ideals and such.

"They lit this inferno now let them burn in it."-Tahu

"You have nothing, Makuta. You are nothing."-Mata Nui

"I believe in certainties, the strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades--that is what I build my plans around.

Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse."-Icarax

These are just plain cool and dramatic IMO.

And these are just plain funny.

"Monster around here don't wear masks or hats or pants or anything else."-Metus

"That Mata Nui was just pretending and we can all go home now?"-Kongu

I could probably think of some more if I sat here longer, but I'm good with all these here.

Edited by JAG18
  • Upvote 1

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

"Horror is looking into the eyes of the Shadowed One, knowing you are about to die ... and then being forced to live. Horror is waking each day to see every part of your body moving on its own, a shifting mass of Protodites where once was solid metal and living tissue. Horror is what is in the eyes of your partners when they look at you ... and in the cries of your enemies when your swarm engulfs them. Don't talk to me about fear, creature — I am fear!" -- Zaktan

Villains have the best quotes, really they do.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

"Admit it, Toa, you have always wished for a spirit as black as your armor."

"Actually, I do have a wish you could make come true. A world without Makuta!"

— Gorast and Onua

"Your possession of the Mask of Time may leave me inclined to stay my hand, but we both know that there are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

— Makuta Teridax to Vakama

"It's so absurdly simple! I can control this storm! All I have to do is--"

— Mutran just before getting fried

"Turaga Nuju always said the universe was a riddle. Today, I am the answer."

— Matoro

• Upvote 1

pWPTu7m.jpg

"Where are we going? Why are we going? Are we going at all, or just sailing in a big circle? Or is it a spiral? I went down a spiral once: a big stone tunnel that went down and down and down, and ended in Zyglak. Whoever built it had no decorating sense at all."

—Vezon, Destiny War

• Upvote 2

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

"You must understand this: that in creation, there is destruction. In destruction, there is rebirth. There is no such thing as void; all things are in flux."

--Nuju
  • Upvote 7

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

"The spear of fusion? That's right, I do have that, don't I." --Vezon, right before creating the Piraka Fusion, Inferno

"That body division trick is cool. Must be lousy when you sneeze, though."

"A problem you will no longer face, Toa, once your head is separated from your body." --Tahu and Zaktan, Island of Doom (It didn't go quite like that, but I currently don't have the book at hand to look at what it really was)

"Make yourself useful, go find that mysterious Toa and get that mask."

(Icarax strikes wall with his blade) "Since you ask so nicely, brother, what can I say? I will return with the mask...shall I bring it with or without the head that wears it?" --Icarax and Antroz, Shadows in the Sky

More will come to me, I just can't think of many now.

Edited by Underscore

2xu8Ptu.png

“The people of the world are builders. But look into their hearts … and you will find that they also have the power to destroy. I am that power. I am destruction. And I WILL destroy you.”

~ Makuta, MNOG

Because it was ominous and a bit philosophical. A lot of things said in MNOG became iconic of the characters for me.

"Rahkshi: Washed and chilled."

~ Kopaka Nuva, Mask of Light

Because what came immediately after was my favorite moment in the movie. Kopaka is awesome like that.

"Six of you now? Then this shall be a tale the Chronicler will tell for years to come."

~ Kopaka, Comic 13

Kopaka again takes on multiple Rahkshi without losing his head, and does pretty well all things considered.

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 3

Who am I to deny fame and glory, even if I do not live to see it? - Hafu, in a source which I don't have enough time to look up right now

Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all. -Tahu, Kini-Nui chapter of MNOG

...The mask is part of me! - Vezon, Ignition Comic #5: In Final Battle

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

If a Kane-Ra charges you, don't run! Stand perfectly still, arms at your sides, and avoid looking it in the eyes. If it decides you're not a threat, it may break off its charge before it gores or flattens you. If it doesn't, well, you won't be around to complain about the bad advice I gave you.

- Rahaga Pouks

The challenge of being a Makuta is choosing which powers to use to destroy your enemies. It gets boring using the same ones all the time. Variety is the spice of destruction, after all.

- Makuta Antroz

Your possession of the Mask of Time may leave me inclined to stay my hand, but we both know that there are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt.

- Makuta Teridax

to name but a few... :rolleyes:

Edited by Iron_Man5
  • Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

“The people of the world are builders. But look into their hearts … and you will find that they also have the power to destroy. I am that power. I am destruction. And I WILL destroy you.”

~ Makuta, MNOG

Because it was ominous and a bit philosophical. A lot of things said in MNOG became iconic of the characters for me.

This. And:

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran honor" - Vakama in LOMN

Also: "Your Toa power can move the dirt. Your heart and mind can move mountains." - Turaga Whenua teaching Onua. Good advice, in my opinion, and reminds me of the time when LEGO still had a non-violence policy.

In the Mask of Light when Jaller is wrestling the rahi in the jungle...

"Just watch. Toa Tahu does this!" *jumps off a tree onto the rahi screaming*

Toa Lewa shows up and ties up the beast.

"Where did you learn to bear fight like that little one?" says Lewa.

"Welll, right here. Just now." Jaller replies.

"Well, I'd say, you're a natural, brave fire spitter." Lewa said.

*sigh* "Better finish what I started..." *Pulls out a knife and walks to bear*

"NOW NOW! What's that for? You would ashbear god no-wrong Kora?" Lewa gasps.

That is my favorite scene.

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

Orrr while we're on the topic of Velika....

"Of what use is the roof against the rains, if there are no walls to tide the flood"

Kazi- "That does it!!! If anyone wants me I will be back in the village where they *don't* speak in riddles."

:superfunny: Favourite exchange between those two. Oh Kazi, you had no idea who you were dealing with... :sly:

Formerly Iron_Man5

"You don't have to be a Toa, to be a hero." - Toa Tahu

For some reason, that has been ingrained in my head for the longest time as I can remember. I forgot what book it came from, that is how long it has been! If I were to relate this quote to as in the current situation I am right now, it would mean to me;

There is always going be challenges where things may seem hopeless to accomplish, or if someone tries to prevent you from reaching your dream goal. But it is still possible to reach your goal as long as your determined to find a new road down the path, even if it might take a longer way to get there.

What I think Tahu was saying (in that Bionicle novel that i don't know where it belonged to) is that, yeah sure Toa has all the abilities and powers to overcome obstacles easily. But Matoran surely can do it too, it just might be a little difficult for them. But with the right strategy, they can overcome situations like as any Toa would.

• Upvote 1

For some reason, that has been ingrained in my head for the longest time as I can remember. I forgot what book it came from, that is how long it has been! If I were to relate this quote to as in the current situation I am right now, it would mean to me;

There is always going be challenges where things may seem hopeless to accomplish, or if someone tries to prevent you from reaching your dream goal. But it is still possible to reach your goal as long as your determined to find a new road down the path, even if it might take a longer way to get there.

What I think Tahu was saying (in that Bionicle novel that i don't know where it belonged to) is that, yeah sure Toa has all the abilities and powers to overcome obstacles easily. But Matoran surely can do it too, it just might be a little difficult for them. But with the right strategy, they can overcome situations like as any Toa would.

I love that quote also, but I'm pretty certain that it was first said by Garan, leader of the Voya Nui Resistance Team, in Bionicle Legends #2.

• Upvote 1

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

I love that quote also, but I'm pretty certain that it was first said by Garan, leader of the Voya Nui Resistance Team, in Bionicle Legends #2.

You are right, Garan did say it first, but it was in Legends #1. :) And Jaller echoed them at the very *very* end of that book when he was just about to leave to rescue the Nuva.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Iron_Man5

Everything Vezon says :D

also :

Toa Jaller: "In place of honor, you have greed; in place of duty, you have treachery; and in place of a heart, you have an empty black pit."

Thok:"What's next? — The walls close in? Swarms of fireflyers attack? The Shadowed One sings?

narrator:"At the apex of the flight, the Toa of Air abruptly cut off the flow of his power, sending the Piraka and rock plunging to earth. The impact was so great it shook the mountainside. Rock dust filled the air, making it difficult for even Onua to see. And then the Toa Nuva heard it - a sound coming from the crater more chilling than a Rahkshi's hiss or the chittering of a Bohrok. Reidak was laughing."

Thok and hakann: "Think what I could do with the power of pure flame at my command."

"I have. It keeps me up at night."

Kalmah and Takadox (GO TAKADOX!)"You really are sea slime, Takadox."
"And I'm so good at it, too.
"

Makuta Teridax: "Fool... Shadows are everywhere.. and where they are... SO. AM.

Oh yes, and: I AM THE MIGHTY TOOMAH! AHAHAHAHAH!

Dont you just hate it when your in a shop then you turn off a power point because nothings plugged into it, then realise that it's actually a light switch.... yeah. :(