OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Yeah, Lego has had more success with graphic novels than they ever had with the single-issue Bionicle comics—and it's far easier to catch up on old graphic novels than it is to catch up on comics which, until they STARTED being collected into graphic novels, were never available in stores.

Also, if it's true that Lego is cutting off older fans' subscriptions to the Lego Magazine, there are still ways for them to get it, even if it might be more difficult—the current issue of the magazine is generally available for free at Lego stores.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Aren't graphic novels often just compiled single-issues? I didn't know there were any Bionicle graphic novels.

Well that's what the old bionicle graphic novels were, but too my understanding these days lego tends to release graphic novels that are their own individual story and cannot be found elsewhere, so it's likely these new bio graphic novels will be their own thing and will not be based on any comics(as there won't be any).

It's time to move on.

Aren't graphic novels often just compiled single-issues? I didn't know there were any Bionicle graphic novels.

Well that's what the old bionicle graphic novels were, but too my understanding these days lego tends to release graphic novels that are their own individual story and cannot be found elsewhere, so it's likely these new bio graphic novels will be their own thing and will not be based on any comics(as there won't be any).

Well, slight correction: I believe at least SOME of the comics that make up the Ninjago and Legends of Chima graphic novels were included individually inside the European Ninjago and Legends of Chima Magazines (separate from the LEGO Club Magazines, available at newsstands in some countries, and nowadays often including a small set containing a minifigure and/or some scenery).

But in the US, at least, the stories are only available in graphic novel form. And that form is pretty much superior anyway, because unlike the BIONICLE comics which were written as stand-alone stories and then compiled into anthologies, most of the Ninjago and Legends of Chima graphic novels tell a complete story with a beginning, a middle, and an end. So in my opinion it's more enjoyable to read them as a collected volume than as separate chapters that don't tell a complete story on their own.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 5

Yeah, Lego has had more success with graphic novels than they ever had with the single-issue Bionicle comics—and it's far easier to catch up on old graphic novels than it is to catch up on comics which, until they STARTED being collected into graphic novels, were never available in stores.

Also, if it's true that Lego is cutting off older fans' subscriptions to the Lego Magazine, there are still ways for them to get it, even if it might be more difficult—the current issue of the magazine is generally available for free at Lego stores.

If you try to subscribe online, the website warns you about it being for kids 12 and under, but they won't care even if you are over that age. They'll still allow you to subscribe to it for free. 

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I personally don't want to see unity duty destiny to come back. It never made sense, and I think it's been overused by now.

Wait... what? Thats like asking for Doctor Who without eccentric behaviour! Or Star Trek without Klingons!

Unity, Duty, Destiny is the centre point of existence to a Bionicle (at least from the MU) and you want it gone??

[leaked content discussion removed] 

Star Trek 2009 would like to talk to you.

What if the first couple of leaks were fake, but were coincidentally close to the actual plans?

If you try to subscribe online, the website warns you about it being for kids 12 and under, but they won't care even if you are over that age. They'll still allow you to subscribe to it for free. 

Oh, really? In that case I will be subscribing... [Evil Laughter]

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I personally don't want to see unity duty destiny to come back. It never made sense, and I think it's been overused by now.

Wait... what? Thats like asking for Doctor Who without eccentric behaviour! Or Star Trek without Klingons!

Unity, Duty, Destiny is the centre point of existence to a Bionicle (at least from the MU) and you want it gone??

[leaked content discussion removed] 

Star Trek 2009 would like to talk to you.

What if the first couple of leaks were fake, but were coincidentally close to the actual plans?

Wow, hey, did I mention something confidential? Oh... kay... o_o

Anyway, Klingons were mentioned (a Romulen ship that destroyed an entire squad remember?).

And in the recent Star Trek we actually got to see a Klingon (though, rather strange...).

Klingons weren't cut from the Trek universe.

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

It would be nice to see both comics and online games.

I deffinitely sure we will get some animated series like the one they made for Hero Factory.

From what i have seen, it seems to be a continuation, and not a reboot.

A continuation, after so many years, IS a reboot.

For example: Doctor Who. Revived and brought back to TV in 05.

It was a reboot of the series. It was also a continuation. It just took place so many years after the original series and the 96 movie.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

I deffinitely sure we will get some animated series like the one they made for Hero Factory.

It was a reboot of the series. It was also a continuation. It just took place so many years after the original series and the 96 movie.

Not really. A reboot would be changing the entire backstory, like giving the Toa Mata a new background, and revisiting prior events. It's like the original Superman movies vs Man of Steel. I prefer continuity.

• Upvote 1

Not really. A reboot would be changing the entire backstory, like giving the Toa Mata a new background, and revisiting prior events. It's like the original Superman movies vs Man of Steel. I prefer continuity.
Yes really. The word "reboot" can apply to a continuation, a remake, or anything else that fits.

The defintion for Reboot that applies here:

Reboot - to restart or revive (a process or sequence, especially a series of films or television programs)

Doctor who was revived in 2005, so it counts as a reboot, but it is still a contuniation, as none of the Doctor's already established backstory was changed. A new backstory was added to act as an explanation for the gap.

Star Trek in 2009 is a reboot of the original series which takes place in an alternate reality.

In both situations, the word "reboot" applies. It does not apply to one thing and one thing only.

Edited by Manterax Prime

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Yes really. The word "reboot" can apply to a continuation, a remake, or anything else that fits.

The defintion for Reboot that applies here:

Reboot - to restart or revive (a process or sequence, especially a series of films or television programs)

Doctor who was revived in 2005, so it counts as a reboot, but it is still a contuniation, as none of the Doctor's already established backstory was changed. A new backstory was added to act as an explanation for the gap.

Star Trek in 2009 is a reboot of the original series which takes place in an alternate reality.

In both situations, the word "reboot" applies. It does not apply to one thing and one thing only.

True, but people are using "reboot" in a different context. Most people refer to restarting the line so that it is completely separate from all canon of the old Bionicle. It's just for convenience.

Personally, it definitely is calling reboot for me. A new leak was released (though it's validity is questionable) and it definitely implies that there will be changes. In general, for all the evidence we have the line can be interpreted as continuation or reboot. But to use my previous example, it's like walking into your house and seeing a broken vase and an open window. Most people would assume the window wasn't locked and the wind blew it open, causing to tip the vase and make it break. Others would theorize that a monkey broke in through the window, grabbed the vase and threw it on the floor, breaking it, and then escaped back to whence it came. This example is a little rash, but it works for what I'm trying to say. There is enough evidence to suggest both right now, it's just that to most a reboot sounds most plausible/realistic.

• Upvote 3

How many pieces do you think the standard sets will be? The canister sets in Bionicle's prime averaged around 50's, but Hero Factory, especially Invasion from Below brought it up quite a bit. But I feel the IFB sets used a lot of smaller pieces too. It's so abstract :o

I think the smaller ones are probably gonna be in the sixtys, while the Toa sized ones are probably gonna be between the 60s to probably 100 something pieces.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

How many pieces do you think the standard sets will be? The canister sets in Bionicle's prime averaged around 50's, but Hero Factory, especially Invasion from Below brought it up quite a bit. But I feel the IFB sets used a lot of smaller pieces too. It's so abstract :o

I know exactly how many parts the new sets use but of course the leaked content policy prevents me from discussing it with you, and it wouldn't feel right to fake a correct estimate based on that knowledge.

I will say that the Invasion from Below sets had inflated piece counts compared to typical constraction sets due to numerous small parts like those of the minifigures, as well as those from the more Technic-intensive, non-humanoid builds. so it's unlikely that we'll see piece counts for typical action figures that reach that sub-theme's highs in the near future. But that's not to say the part counts are going to return to the low numbers of the original Bionicle theme, either.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I swear, somebody compare all 5 Tahu's once 2015 comes...

• Upvote 2

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

If there will be a Tahu. ;)

Stick to the plan an the mods will never know what we're talking about.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

If this does turn out as a hard reboot, I predict lots of universe collision fanfics. 

I will almost certainly write one of those.

You assume that there will be a Tahu (which, admittedly, would be a safe assumption, considering that Tahu was as close to a mascot as Bionicle ever got). If there is, then yes, I would expect a comparison. It would be neat to see.

• Upvote 3

If this does turn out as a hard reboot, I predict lots of universe collision fanfics. 

I will almost certainly write one of those.

You assume that there will be a Tahu (which, admittedly, would be a safe assumption, considering that Tahu was as close to a mascot as Bionicle ever got). If there is, then yes, I would expect a comparison. It would be neat to see.

Yeah, it's a very safe assumption that Tahu is coming back. He's the most iconic Bionicle character, and if you wanted to bring back Bionicle and attract the older fans you'd start with someone as memorable as him. Anyway, we'll all know for sure in a few days...

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I want polybags to return.

I've never ever seen a polybag for Bionicle or Hero Factory. I never know where to look.

Unfortunately, polybags can see pretty spotty releases. I can only think of one HF polybag that made it here in the US of A, and that's the Brain Attack accessory pack.

This year's HF polybags actually feature characters instead of accessories, so it's a shame neither of them has made it here, nor are they likely to at this point.

Is there any particular order you will buy the sets in, assuming they keep the same 6 colors as original? Will you buy them in order of your first Toa Mata sets? Favorite colors? All at once? This is troublesome for me cause I'm like ocd about nostalgic things like this, and if they release the Toa Mata characters, I want to get them in the same order, but I've forgotten what that order is o.O

Well, if we're getting Toa sets again, I have an obligation to buy the green one first; out of all of old Bionicle, I somehow managed to get my hands on every single Toa of Air/Green Toa that was released. I cannot allow that pattern to fail now.

Also of note, out of the canister sets, the only green sets I missed were the green Bohrok-Kal and the 2009 Gresh.

I'd wait until the summer wave. Unless you plan on buying all of them, I would advise waiting to see which one's you really want for this year, and then prioritizing which one's you're getting for sure to which one's don't interest you as much.

But I get it if the hype doesn't wait out for you.  :D

I'm still really thinking about what we might get for the summer wave. I feel like we might get a bigger villain than the one rumored in the leaks. The Mask of Creation might come with that set, or possibly there will be a specific being to wear the mask and they'll be a titan as well. Maybe we'll get Turaga? 

• Upvote 1

Or a titan Turaga.