OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I have agree with you about LegomationStudios, he's a good reviewer who doesn't try to get through it as quick as possible. Though, he needs more practice. He was as popular as LegoJang back when Bionicle ended/HF started.  

Oh god, I hate both LegomationStudios and LegoJang, with what jang did to kids and what I heard about what LegomationStudios had done to his sister. (Plus Legomation think Brutaka dark blue is purple).

TTV's review are more better because it go with pros first, then the cons and then the overall

I'm sorry, but: WHAT?! What did they do? I never heard that. I have watched Jang for like 4 years now and I never heard that.

Edited by moamahrimatoro

cringe

I have agree with you about LegomationStudios, he's a good reviewer who doesn't try to get through it as quick as possible. Though, he needs more practice. He was as popular as LegoJang back when Bionicle ended/HF started.  

Oh god, I hate both LegomationStudios and LegoJang, with what jang did to kids and what I heard about what LegomationStudios had done to his sister. (Plus Legomation think Brutaka dark blue is purple).

TTV's review are more better because it go with pros first, then the cons and then the overall

Where did you hear all that garbage from???

Me and my friend TumaLord (well mostly him) found this info, but we no longer have it now because we no longer have our old computers. Plus TumaLord looked up the info about jang when he gotten a order from him along time ago when the package he gotten had a really odd smell with the smell of smock.

Anybody remember Six Shot Reviews 2/Skrall 9000? I saw a lot of his reviews as a kid and always found them hilarious. I wonder what happened to him...

I know, his address was being spam on his account.

I remember SOMETHING like that happening years ago, but I think Jang just denied it all and everybody forgot. And what did Legomation do to his sis?

It's the same thing as jang but with Legomayion, it's his sister. It's really hard now to find lost info that was (I forgot) years ago.

Also I the remember Jang making something denying. But if he did, I guess we can see why hid ebay is no where to be found and the selling bionicle video is also missing.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

THEORY: The reason we're not getting Bionicle comics this year is because Marvel is trying to get the rights so they can add Bionicle to their empire. If the line is successful, we'll get an Easter Egg or end-credits scene featuring the Toa in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, then later a movie by Marvel Studios. EXTREMELY unlikely, but let's put logic aside for a moment and imagine how glorious this would be if I were right. Even a one-off Bionicle/Avengers crossover comic done similarly to the Marvel/AoT crossover or the Transformers/New Avengers miniseries would be nice. LEGO and Marvel do have a working relationship, so it's not too unrealistic, right?

I'd rather DC did it personally because they can make really good movies

Have they? Have they really?
Well, my favorite superhero movies are the first two movies in the batman trilogy (watching the third this weekend for the first time) and Superman. I also forgot to mention that after watching the above movies I was interested in getting Batman's Tumbler (until I found out it cost 1500 dollars for the minifigure sized one) and the Superman sets, something Marvel movies have never done to me

Where did you hear all that garbage from???

Me and my friend TumaLord (well mostly him) found this info, but we no longer have it now because we no longer have our old computers. Plus TumaLord looked up the info about jang when he gotten a order from him along time ago when the package he gotten had a really odd smell with the smell of smock.

Anybody remember Six Shot Reviews 2/Skrall 9000? I saw a lot of his reviews as a kid and always found them hilarious. I wonder what happened to him...

I know, his address was being spam on his account.

I remember SOMETHING like that happening years ago, but I think Jang just denied it all and everybody forgot. And what did Legomation do to his sis?

It's the same thing as jang but with Legomayion, it's his sister.

It's really hard now to find lost info that was (I forgot) years ago.

Sorry...but I don't remember this at all and don't really know what your talking about.

cringe

THEORY: The reason we're not getting Bionicle comics this year is because Marvel is trying to get the rights so they can add Bionicle to their empire. If the line is successful, we'll get an Easter Egg or end-credits scene featuring the Toa in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, then later a movie by Marvel Studios. EXTREMELY unlikely, but let's put logic aside for a moment and imagine how glorious this would be if I were right. Even a one-off Bionicle/Avengers crossover comic done similarly to the Marvel/AoT crossover or the Transformers/New Avengers miniseries would be nice. LEGO and Marvel do have a working relationship, so it's not too unrealistic, right?

Have they? Have they really?
Well, my favorite superhero movies are the first two movies in the batman trilogy (watching the third this weekend for the first time) and Superman. I also forgot to mention that after watching the above movies I was interested in getting Batman's Tumbler (until I found out it cost 1500 dollars for the minifigure sized one) and the Superman sets, something Marvel movies have never done to me

I actually have the minifig sized tumbler. I got it a few days after the release.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Okay, so I've had a chance to play with the three Protectors I got.

The Protector of Jungle is pretty darn neat, mores than I expected,  The longer limbs make it easier to pose, and it's fun to give it action poses with the Bow.  The color scheme is very vibrant and works well.

The Protector of Earth is basically what I expected.  The build's exaggerated proportions give it a very rugged feel, and it seems like it could just stand there and blast stuff.  The drill is nice in trans-purple, as are the bones, though the knives just seem like something to fill the other hand.

The Protector of Ice is okay.  Also what I expected.  I added some small lower arms bones that I stole from Flea Machine, so there's that.  I kind of like the blaster and blade construction.  The colors are good too.

I like the Protector masks.  The fact that they don't cover the entire head and leave the jaw exposed I think works to establish that the masks aren't really powerful, and sort of add some vulnerability to them.  But the color blend I think really ties the sets together, except maybe on the Protector of Jungle because it's the only solid green on the entire set (aside from the lime ankle-spines).

I haven't experimented much with the shooters because I'm afraid of losing the studs, but from the little I've tried they're fun.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

I built Gali today, and I can why a bunch of people are praising her set. Her color scheme and build are really good. But my favorite part about her is her weapon. Its normal form is cool enough, but using her fins to turn it into an ax makes it one of my favorite Bionicle 2015 weapons period. It looks amazing, and dare I say that it may even be a cooler Ax than Axonn's. I still haven't decided yet myself, but for her to have such a weapon to rival the great Axonn's is awesome regardless. 

The only thing I don't like about her is how her shoulder armor is attached. They kind of make her shoulders look too big, sort of like the spheres on Samus Aran's Varia Suit but not in a good way. That is just a minor complaint though, as I'm still very happy that I got her.

I also build the Protector of Stone. He, too, has a neat build and continues to strengthen my opinion that the Protectors have some awesome color scheme and builds. His weapon looks great and rivals that of the Jungle Protecter's weapon, though I think the Earth Protector still has the coolest weapon IMO. 

Also, something I noticed while building him was that his left arm is more armored than right. Kind of like how the Jungle Protectors right arm is more armored than his left one. I don't if that will have a story explanation, but its still something interesting that I wanted to point out. (And though the Ice and Earth Protectors are still my favorites Protector-wise, I still recommend the Stone one.)

I only have Onua and the Protector of Fire to build, which I plan on doing tomorrow. It's kind of sad that I won't have any new Bionicle sets to build until the summer wave later this year, but the new sets I have will tide me over until then. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

My sets won't come until next week! I need help to keep the hype alive! 

Watch some of the animations from time to time. It tied me over, and I guess it still does...

I must live a sad existence... :/

I've watched so many Gali set reviews I don't even think I need the instructions.

• Upvote 2

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Also I the remember Jang making something denying. But if he did, I guess we can see why hid ebay is no where to be found and the selling bionicle video is also missing.

Or maybe he just simply sold out all his extra Bionicle parts?!! Like come on man, the video was posted years ago almost when HF 2.0 came out. He seems like the type of guy who would rather delete the video then keep receiving comments of people requesting to buy parts when he no longer has them available.

• Upvote 1

That's funny. I love his little montage. Also, you guys might want to check out Rollout Reviews. He does this thing where he reads the Master's name in Spanish when it's actually French.  

Both French and Spanish names are printed on the back, the Spanish text is just smaller. 

Oh. I didn't know that.

Lara Croft

Or maybe he just simply sold out all his extra Bionicle parts?!! Like come on man, the video was posted years ago almost when HF 2.0 came out. He seems like the type of guy who would rather delete the video then keep receiving comments of people requesting to buy parts when he no longer has them available.

Actually, Jang was accused of all those things Shadow has said. I remember vaguely a lot of people calling him out on it (I was one of 'em) in the comment section on his videos. Though, he never officially made a video about it.

But before we go any further with this, would it be against BZP's rules to make a topic about this in the 'Completely Off-Topic' section if we're gonna heavily discuss this? Don't want the mods stepping in.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So how about them newfangled Bonkle sets, guys?

There's always room for improvement, Cena.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I just watch LegomationStudio video review of the new bionicle sets along with two of my friends on skype and...          my god  :sick:

He's still the worst reviewer I had ever watched, he don't know what new and what old, he think tahu had "TOO MCUH GOLD" and think it would had been better if the $15 sets was $20. (who in the world still like that guy videos, I'm sorry if I'm going on a big rage about the guy by my god, he's stupid) what next, he think it would be better if Lord of Skull Spider was $50.

Note: He is now going to have a series that I'm going to make now because of how much those video made me want to rage  :burnmad:  :burnmad:

He's still the worst reviewer I had ever watched, he don't know what new and what old, he think tahu had "TOO MCUH GOLD" and think it would had been better if the $15 sets was $20. (who in the world still like that guy videos, I'm sorry if I'm going on a big rage about the guy by my god, he's stupid) what next, he think it would be better if Lord of Skull Spider was $50.

I haven't watched his videos, but I fail to see how the differences in opinion between you and him make him a bad reviewer. Surely a good reviewer is one who presents a product, and his analysis and opinions of it, well?

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I haven't watched his videos, but I fail to see how the differences in opinion between you and him make him a bad reviewer. Surely a good reviewer is one who presents a product, and his analysis and opinions of it, well?

Again the guy think it would be better if the $15 sets was $20 and that Tahu had too much gold, He don't even have a lot of gold, he have 9 pieces of gold, did he think the silver was gold or something.

Sorry but there a big difference with a opinion and just being stupid and what I had watch was being stupid. He the two reviews of Tahu and Gali.

So... I ordered the Toa and LOSS off of Lego .com. I have two Protectors and $53 to burn....

Should I just go all the way and get the rest?

I've built all the Protectors except the Fire one, and I will say that I don't regret getting any of them so far. All of them have great pieces and most of them have cool weapons. (I don't know about the Fire one yet, but from what I've seen on his box cover I'm not too impressed with his weapons so far.)

So yes, I would recommend that you go all the way if you want to. If you don't want to do that though, I would suggest at least getting the Earth Protector, Ice Protector, and Jungle Protector if you don't have them already. All of them have pieces that come in good colors and all their weapons are great. But that's just my opinion.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Looking at the new sets once more, I do hope that we'll get more Gen1 inspired armour pieces. Although I'm a fan of the more uniform approach CCBS gives, I would love to see more "intricate" parts. Some parts that are more specifically designed to be used on shoulders or legs. I'd love to see a shell or armour clip-on piece inspired by these, as they were one of the armour pieces I loved the most. Or perhaps, even shells that are inspired by these Knight Kingdom Leg Armor parts. I'm aware that these pieces would be less uniform than the current shells, but I honestly think that these could be used quite creatively as well.

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

So... I ordered the Toa and LOSS off of Lego .com. I have two Protectors and $53 to burn....

Should I just go all the way and get the rest?

I've built all the Protectors except the Fire one, and I will say that I don't regret getting any of them so far. All of them have great pieces and most of them have cool weapons. (I don't know about the Fire one yet, but from what I've seen on his box cover I'm not too impressed with his weapons so far.)

So yes, I would recommend that you go all the way if you want to. If you don't want to do that though, I would suggest at least getting the Earth Protector, Ice Protector, and Jungle Protector if you don't have them already. All of them have pieces that come in good colors and all their weapons are great. But that's just my opinion.

I have the Water and Earth Protectors. I gave the Jungle Protector to my brother so I have to buy another one. 

Lara Croft

I think BZP's video review of Tahu was defs the best one on Youtube.

;)

I quite liked that review! You had a lot of charm and made it fun to watch. I believe you covered most of the pros and cons. Good review!

I just watch LegomationStudio video review of the new bionicle sets along with two of my friends on skype and...          my god  :sick:

Note: He is now going to have a series that I'm going to make now because of how much those video made me want to rage  :burnmad:  :burnmad:

Seriously, dude, calm down. There's no need to senselessly rage and hold personal vendettas against him like that. Those complaints are actual complaints that a lot of people would agree with. I for example, agree with not liking the gold and it looking too off. I don't know about the price thing, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. In fact, perhaps he wanted those smaller sets to be as large as the the larger toa so there could be some sort of consistency or complexity among all of them.

What you're doing now feels more like flaming that posting actual constructive criticism. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that sometimes that opinion can needlessly hurt others. Legomation has feelings no less than you do, and I can imagine that seeing a comment like yours could really make him upset. If you want to post good advice he could use to make his reviews better, excellent, amazing! But if you just want to hurt their feelings because they personally don't like them, then that's not very mature at all.

• Upvote 3

Let's be honest, DC has had far more misses with their movies than Marvel has had recently.  Batman is basically all that's been good recently with DC movies.

Granted a Bionicle movie would probably be good if DC did it because they do really good with animated movies as opposed to live action ones.

• Upvote 1

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

If another Bionicle movie was created, I would not mind if it were in the style of the new animations. Sure, it's simple, but watching through all of the currently released videos, it is starting to grow on me. Just get a separate voice actor for each of the characters, though. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

So I just built both Tahu and Kopaka and I have to say I liked building both.

The skull spiders are simple builds and that's fine as they are just mini adversaries for them.

Kopaka I built first because he had more piece and for a short bit I was confused about the gear construction, then I realized I was using the wrong length rod and pretty much had no other problems building him.  I only had minor issues with positioning the two black 'gears' but that's because I can't tell where it is (right eye has depth of perception problems).  Very well constructed and I liked the entire building experience.

Tahu was also a good building experience, just without really any issues besides positioning his additional swords (piece fell off once or twice).  My only complaint is that his feet and hands are gray, though that is purely aesthetic, I thought they should have been red like how Kopaka's were white or at least gold if not red.  

Overall I have a positive impression of the sets.

Edit: And I also like how both look when complete.

Edited by Dimension Lord

Now I'm considering getting some more, I'm not going to be bothering with the protector sets at all, and while Onua is unlikely, he'd be much later on.

It would be two of the 15 dollar sets, Gali and then either Pohatu or Lewa.

Let's be honest, DC has had far more misses with their movies than Marvel has had recently.  Batman is basically all that's been good recently with DC movies.

Granted a Bionicle movie would probably be good if DC did it because they do really good with animated movies as opposed to live action ones.

If another Bionicle movie was created, I would not mind if it were in the style of the new animations. Sure, it's simple, but watching through all of the currently released videos, it is starting to grow on me. Just get a separate voice actor for each of the characters, though. ;)

Guys, I'm talking about a live-action movie if Marvel does it so it could crossover with the Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy opened us up to this kind of possibility. Of course, Marvel getting the rights to Transformers and rebooting that after the 5th one is more likely than getting the Bionicle rights, but ya never know. Any Bionicle movie is most likely to be animated. Who will do it is the question.

I think BZP's video review of Tahu was defs the best one on Youtube.

;)

I quite liked that review! You had a lot of charm and made it fun to watch. I believe you covered most of the pros and cons. Good review!

Seriously, dude, calm down. There's no need to senselessly rage and hold personal vendettas against him like that. Those complaints are actual complaints that a lot of people would agree with. I for example, agree with not liking the gold and it looking too off. I don't know about the price thing, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. In fact, perhaps he wanted those smaller sets to be as large as the the larger toa so there could be some sort of consistency or complexity among all of them.

What you're doing now feels more like flaming that posting actual constructive criticism. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that sometimes that opinion can needlessly hurt others. Legomation has feelings no less than you do, and I can imagine that seeing a comment like yours could really make him upset. If you want to post good advice he could use to make his reviews better, excellent, amazing! But if you just want to hurt their feelings because they personally don't like them, then that's not very mature at all.

Are you saying the $15 sets AREN'T complex? Sure, they might not be as big as the larger sets, but let's not kid ourselves here. Gali has five or six less pieces than Tahu and she's arguably a better set than he is for her price and size. As for consistency, I don't know if you've looked, but all six Toa look pretty darn consistent with each other.

Lara Croft

Are you saying the $15 sets AREN'T complex? Sure, they might not be as big as the larger sets, but let's not kid ourselves here. Gali has five or six less pieces than Tahu and she's arguably a better set than he is for her price and size. As for consistency, I don't know if you've looked, but all six Toa look pretty darn consistent with each other.

I've looked, and when Tahu and Gali and Pohatu are standing next to each other it's pretty easy to tell who's the $20 set.

Also, as I've said before, a quarter of Gali's pieces (22) are used in her weapon, and most of these are small TECHNIC pieces.  Tahu has two giant swords that are 7 pieces combined.  Piece count isn't a good metric of worth in constraction.  And while I agree that Gali is my favorite of the Toa so far, that's subjective.  Tahu's still pretty neat.

It's not that unreasonable to want the six main sets to be in the same price bracket.  It may be an unusual criticism to make, sure, but it's not some ridiculous thing.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I've looked, and when Tahu and Gali and Pohatu are standing next to each other it's pretty easy to tell who's the $20 set.

Also, as I've said before, a quarter of Gali's pieces (22) are used in her weapon, and most of these are small TECHNIC pieces.  Tahu has two giant swords that are 7 pieces combined.  Piece count isn't a good metric of worth in constraction.  And while I agree that Gali is my favorite of the Toa so far, that's subjective.  Tahu's still pretty neat.

It's not that unreasonable to want the six main sets to be in the same price bracket.  It may be an unusual criticism to make, sure, but it's not some ridiculous thing.

It isn't ridiculous to want the sets to be the same price. Heck, I would love it if Tahu and the other two were $15 because that means more money saved for me. But going so far as to say the three 'smaller' sets aren't as complex as the bigger sets is kind of odd. And for the record, Tahu's lava blades are two large silver pieces, two smaller red pieces, and two pins. Almost all of the Toa weapons are Technic like because of the dual functionality.

Really, it's complaining just for the sake of complaining. 

Lara Croft