OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Well, for one thing, I was there when TTV asked Jordan Paxton about the reboot. The question was along the lines of "will we see things from G1 in G2?" I think the intent was to find out if the two generations are linked storywise, but Jordan Paxton's job veers more into marketing and the NYCC event was a marketing event. He said (paraphrased) "remember in the first series, in a movie the character made the mask of time, but it was odd, it was only half of a mask? In the new series we will have a full version." TTV latched onto the quote (which was unfortunately not recorded by anyone, whereas the "it's a reboot, so put away any speculation, it's a reboot" was) in order to push the "it's a soft reboot, connected by the vahi!" idea, which is not what was said at all.

All that was said was that the original mask was different from the other masks because it was only half of a mask (which is obvious upon looking at it) and that G2 will have a mask of time that covers the whole face. Everything else is baseless speculation from a leading question and a fangroup known for wild speculation and outlandish theorizing.

Oh okay, makes sense. I can kind of see where the misinterpretation came from (weird way to bring up the Mask of Time by Jordan) but this definitely clears it up.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I got my first Protector (Fire) and I actually really like the build. Minus the weapon, they look odd, but I'm going to go ahead and build the combiner.

It's been way too long since I've built one.

Also got Kopaka at the same time. Need to grab Onua next. Didn't see him when I got the sets.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

Well as of today I now have all six protectors and I gotta say they're pretty nice little sets, my favourite being POJ, he's just got a great colour scheme, neat looking weapon, great armour, he's just a great little set. Funny story actually I was chased by an army of hipster Communist furries while purchasing the set, I hate it when that happens... :P

Uhhh... wha???

So, to all the crazy crazy collectors out there: Has anyone considered buying doubles of the sets to keep sealed in mint condition? Because it's a whole lot easier to obtain sealed sets right now than it will be in a few years. :P (There's no way I'm going to be able to afford to buy 2 of every set, but I'm sure some of you are rich enough... :P )

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Well as of today I now have all six protectors and I gotta say they're pretty nice little sets, my favourite being POJ, he's just got a great colour scheme, neat looking weapon, great armour, he's just a great little set. Funny story actually I was chased by an army of hipster Communist furries while purchasing the set, I hate it when that happens... :P

Uhhh... wha???

So, to all the crazy crazy collectors out there: Has anyone considered buying doubles of the sets to keep sealed in mint condition? Because it's a whole lot easier to obtain sealed sets right now than it will be in a few years. :P (There's no way I'm going to be able to afford to buy 2 of every set, but I'm sure some of you are rich enough... :P )

Well, I know MC almost has a full double collection of this wave, but he's using the second ones for combiners and stuff instead of keeping them sealed.

VBWj75sh.png

Uhhh... wha???

Well, I know MC almost has a full double collection of this wave, but he's using the second ones for combiners and stuff instead of keeping them sealed.

Then I guess if he wants to have sealed sets he's going to have to buy 3rd copies. The entire wave costs $180. Buying 2 copies of every set means you pay $360. If you buy 3 copies of each set, you spend $540, not counting taxes and/or shipping. Bionicle is expensive. :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Funny story actually I was chased by an army of hipster Communist furries while purchasing the set, I hate it when that happens... :P

Sorry, that might have been me. 

So you're part of the national association of hipster Communist furries? 

Dang it, they're on to me....I've got to get back to the HCF HQ... 

...oh, um...I mean...no, I'm not part of an association of Hipster Communist Furries...that's totally not me...

Edited by The Irrational Rock
  • Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

Funny story actually I was chased by an army of hipster Communist furries while purchasing the set, I hate it when that happens... :P

...oh, um...I mean...no, I'm not part of an association of Hipster Communist Furries...that's totally not me...

Ah yeah sure, quick question how do you get in contact with the F.B.I? 

It's time to move on.

As long as you give a can of soda to this board's fish wielding vampire.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I already called them (man I'm gonna have an expensive phone bill come the end of the month) consider your plan to turn Tahu into a furry over! 

It's time to move on.

THEORY: The reason we're not getting Bionicle comics this year is because Marvel is trying to get the rights so they can add Bionicle to their empire. If the line is successful, we'll get an Easter Egg or end-credits scene featuring the Toa in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, then later a movie by Marvel Studios. EXTREMELY unlikely, but let's put logic aside for a moment and imagine how glorious this would be if I were right. Even a one-off Bionicle/Avengers crossover comic done similarly to the Marvel/AoT crossover or the Transformers/New Avengers miniseries would be nice. LEGO and Marvel do have a working relationship, so it's not too unrealistic, right?

• Upvote 1

THEORY: The reason we're not getting Bionicle comics this year is because Marvel is trying to get the rights so they can add Bionicle to their empire. If the line is successful, we'll get an Easter Egg or end-credits scene featuring the Toa in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, then later a movie by Marvel Studios. EXTREMELY unlikely, but let's put logic aside for a moment and imagine how glorious this would be if I were right. Even a one-off Bionicle/Avengers crossover comic done similarly to the Marvel/AoT crossover or the Transformers/New Avengers miniseries would be nice. LEGO and Marvel do have a working relationship, so it's not too unrealistic, right?

They way Disney is requiring the rights to almost everything these days, this wouldn't surprise me if it was indeed the case. :P

Anyways, I can now say that I'm the owner of all the Bionicle 2015 sets released in the first wave! I took the trip down to my mall where my nearest Lego Store is located and got the remaining sets I needed to complete the wave. It was also the first time I've seen all the sets together on the shelves and available to purchase, which was really cool IMO. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I already called them (man I'm gonna have an expensive phone bill come the end of the month) consider your plan to turn Tahu into a furry over! 

#OffTopicness

They way Disney is requiring the rights to almost everything these days, this wouldn't surprise me if it was indeed the case. :P

Anyways, I can now say that I'm the owner of all the Bionicle 2015 sets released in the first wave! I took the trip down to my mall where my nearest Lego Store is located and got the remaining sets I needed to complete the wave. It was also the first time I've seen all the sets together on the shelves and available to purchase, which was really cool IMO. 

Ironically, DC published the old comics. :P

• Upvote 3

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Uhhh... wha???

Then I guess if he wants to have sealed sets he's going to have to buy 3rd copies. The entire wave costs $180. Buying 2 copies of every set means you pay $360. If you buy 3 copies of each set, you spend $540, not counting taxes and/or shipping. Bionicle is expensive. :P

Like I've said multiple times before (lol), I plan on buying Tahu a second time because of his popularity, and maybe Gali/LoSS 'cause they might be among the most valuable in the future--keeping them all sealed within a safe storage container.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

#OffTopicness

Yeah, my theory is that perhaps Marvel is trying to get those comic rights from DC...but it's highly-unlikely.

#OffTopicness

Plus, the Toa Mata appear in stone carvings in a Green Lantern comic. xD

• Upvote 1

I'd rather DC did it personally because they can make really good movies

I'd rather DC did it personally because they can make really good movies

Have they? Have they really?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm watching TTV's Gali set review and I'm trying to power through the cons.

It's very difficult.

I find the TTV review format bizarre. It seems like it would be much more natural to just go by section and list the pros and cons for that section (I.E. When talking about the color scheme, talk about both the good and bad). I do like how they show off the set in-hand though; as someone who has never seen Kardas in person, it's interesting seeing how the set works. 

OAFE's reviews for the old Bionicle toys were pretty good for a non-Lego fan perspective. Hoping they'll soon cover the newer sets. Jangbricks is also a pretty good review channel.

Eh...Jang's building montage annoys me to no end. He'll best served with TTV's reviews. 

That's funny. I love his little montage. Also, you guys might want to check out Rollout Reviews. He does this thing where he reads the Master's name in Spanish when it's actually French.  

I recommend Legomation Studio.

He's a bit of a rambler though, so he covers everything. I've made it a practice to build the sets before watching his reviews to avoid spoilers lol. 

I'll call him up, but I'm pretty sure he'll charge extra for your request. 

Duuuude that would be so awesome! In all seriousness though, I would just be happy if we got comics and movies again. Oh and video games, definitely an awesome Bionicle video game or two for console and pc. The app is nice but it is a far cry from an ACTUAL video game, that's mostly for what gamers like myself would typically call filthy casuals haha. Not that it isn't fun for a few minutes but as with all apps that's all it is.

p.s. I hold nothing against casual gamers, it's just the lingo.

On a side note in reference to Marvel and DC I have noticed an interesting trend among nerds: They commonly either Marvel/Star Wars or DC/Star Trek. I have seen this a lot, it is just an interesting trend. I myself am a Marvel/Star Wars fan, not that I have anything against DC/Star Trek, I just can't get into it like I can with Marvel/Star Wars.

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I'm watching TTV's Gali set review and I'm trying to power through the cons.

It's very difficult.

I find the TTV review format bizarre. It seems like it would be much more natural to just go by section and list the pros and cons for that section (I.E. When talking about the color scheme, talk about both the good and bad). I do like how they show off the set in-hand though; as someone who has never seen Kardas in person, it's interesting seeing how the set works. 

OAFE's reviews for the old Bionicle toys were pretty good for a non-Lego fan perspective. Hoping they'll soon cover the newer sets. Jangbricks is also a pretty good review channel.

Eh...Jang's building montage annoys me to no end. He'll best served with TTV's reviews. 

That's funny. I love his little montage. Also, you guys might want to check out Rollout Reviews. He does this thing where he reads the Master's name in Spanish when it's actually French.  

I recommend Legomation Studio.

He's a bit of a rambler though, so he covers everything. I've made it a practice to build the sets before watching his reviews to avoid spoilers lol. 

I'll call him up, but I'm pretty sure he'll charge extra for your request. 

I have agree with you about LegomationStudios, he's a good reviewer who doesn't try to get through it as quick as possible. Though, he needs more practice. He was as popular as LegoJang back when Bionicle ended/HF started.  

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I have agree with you about LegomationStudios, he's a good reviewer who doesn't try to get through it as quick as possible. Though, he needs more practice. He was as popular as LegoJang back when Bionicle ended/HF started.  

Yeah, he got a little rusty because Bionicle died and he got tired of reviewing HF, so he fell out of the loop. He's got plenty of time to smooth out the kinks though. I think sticking with him might prove a good idea over the long run.  

Oh god, I hate both LegomationStudios and LegoJang, with what jang did to kids and what I heard about what LegomationStudios had done to his sister. (Plus Legomation think Brutaka dark blue is purple).

TTV's review are more better because it go with pros first, then the cons and then the overall

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Oh god, I hate both LegomationStudios and LegoJang, with what jang did to kids and what I heard about what LegomationStudios had done to his sister. (Plus Legomation think Brutaka dark blue is purple).

TTV's review are more better because it go with pros first, then the cons and then the overall

Legomation Studios is color blind bro. :P

Where did you hear all that garbage from???

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Er, what did they do exactly?

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of Legomationstudios. I used to when I was a kid, but I feel like the quality is off. The camera angle isn't good, he rambles a lot and doesn't seem to give a very critical final opinion. Looking back at his old reviews, everything always ended up as 5/5, 10/10 (I actually quote this all the time in real life though now, lol :D ) even when there were cons that really made that rating kinda off. He's a fun guy though! I appreciate his reviews for nostalgia if nothing else. I have to wonder if his heart is even in it at all though...

Anybody remember Six Shot Reviews 2/Skrall 9000? I saw a lot of his reviews as a kid and always found them hilarious. I wonder what happened to him...

I watched Legomation back in the day. But honestly, his reviews are too long when you consider how much information he actually gives. I also realize he likes almost everything too much. But I don't know what review channel is best for Bionicle. what do you guys think I should go with?

And what did he do? I am confused.

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I watched Legomation back in the day. But honestly, his reviews are too long when you consider how much information he actually gives. I also realize he likes almost everything too much. But I don't know what review channel is best for Bionicle. what do you guys think I should go with?

Like what was previously said, JangBricks, Legomationstudios, and TTV are the most popular right now. If you want something 'different' though, BrickQueen is your gal. She hasn't put up much Bio2015 reviews yet, anyways.

I personally subscribed  to all four of them, so I can get different takes on things.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Me and my friend TumaLord (well mostly him) found this info, but we no longer have it now because we no longer have our old computers. Plus TumaLord looked up the info about jang when he gotten a order from him along time ago when the package he gotten had a really odd smell with the smell of smock.

Anybody remember Six Shot Reviews 2/Skrall 9000? I saw a lot of his reviews as a kid and always found them hilarious. I wonder what happened to him...

I know, his address was being spam on his account.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Me and my friend TumaLord (well mostly him) found this info, but we no longer have it now because we no longer have our old computers. Plus TumaLord looked up the info about jang when he gotten a order from him along time ago when the package he gotten had a really odd smell with the smell of smock.

That's... interesting to hear about those guys. But I don't know if I should believe it before I hear some reliable evidence of it.

It's so sad what happened to Six Shot. I doubt that he'll ever start things back up again. It's likely he doesn't even like Bionicle anymore...

Anyway, a bunch of the BZP reviews were pretty good. TTV's were my favorite so far. I've thought about making reviews, but I don't have a recorder or the budget to make consistent videos.

I remember SOMETHING like that happening years ago, but I think Jang just denied it all and everybody forgot. And what did Legomation do to his sis?

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg