OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I think my favorite Toa would have to be either Gali, Onua or Kopaka. All three are solid sets with little to complain about. The other three are really nice too, mind. They just dont compare to the others.

As for the protectors, I would have to say Water, Stone and Jungle take the cake. Fire and Ice are really good with some small tweaks(thank you scrapped HF parts). Earth I was expecting to really like, but there is something about him that just doesnt sit right with me. I dont dislike, he just doesnt look right.

On a side note Im really sad to see the purple trans pieces dont really show very will, especially if they are around black like in the earth sets.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Oh and one thing I love about the new wave is the fact there's no more thornaxx launchers, I was getting so tired of those things, thanks for finally changing it lego. 

I have to agree, the sets work much better w/o them.  I actually gave Mata Nui (2009 Glatorian) a duplicate Jaller sword I had in place of it so he had a sword and shield.

Oh yeah I remember, I complained about this earlier in the topic but I'll say it again, lego focused way to much on the blasters in bionicle's last years, I mean for some reason they thought the zamo spheres were the best thing ever and that it was the main selling point of the sets, I'm so happy they've gone back to simple swords and axes and spears all that good old tribal stuff. Not to mention I hate the fact HF never had it's own original blaster, all they did was change the top piece of the thornaxx launchers (Which also made them harder to fire) and thought that would be good enough. 

I thought the HF blasters from 2012 worked fine. It was harder to lose the ball when you shook the model around. :P

Sure they weren't as loose but I found that you really had to squeeze them in order to get them to fire.

Hmm, yeah, it was a bit harder. At least it always works, unlike flick-fire missiles. :P

Onya looks like a big gorilla, though.

And that's what makes him great!

Say, do anyone remember this?

LOL CHI Gorzan is quite similar to Onua is some ways. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

So, having built all six of the Toa and stared each of them down, I have decided the order in which I like them.

1. Gali - She's still my favorite; I really like the shade of blue, the mix of colors works really well (and makes her feel like she's underwater too), I like her mask and her weapon, I could go on. Also something about her build feels feminine compared to the others; maybe it's the thigh armor?  :notsure:

2. Lewa - Unexpectedly, since I originally didn't like him when the sets were first revealed - but he does look very good in a variety of poses, and he does feel like a jungle tossed into set form. It's a shame that his mask doesn't resemble his old ones at all, but that's a sacrifice I'll accept if it means a set with that much personality.

3. Kopaka - His mask holds the closest resemblance to his mask of old, and I like the spread of colors. Plus, his spear+shield combo isn't something we see very often in sets.

4. Onua - He's massive, he has purple, he has a giant hammer, and he's a very fun set to build. 

5. Tahu - Tahu is sort of boring compared to the others; he's your typical leader hero set, and it doesn't really feel like something that I haven't seen before. That said, I do like how the swords stick out of his back - it gives him a bit of extra flare to help him stand out.

6. Pohatu - He has a ROBOT ARM and brings brown back into style. 

I was never a big fan of Onua, sadly. He looks great but I'm looking forwards to building and playing with Gali more.

That, I agree with. Onua has an amazing design, great parts, he's really innovative and has a lot of character...but there's not much you can do with him! I think his stubby arms and legs make him very hard to pose and play with. Most of my time so far has been spent handing Gali. Although when you put her into "adrenaline mode" by assembling her axe, she becomes kind of tedious to pose...that thing takes up a lot of space, and the bottom part with the trident is way too long.

Slight correction here — the version of Gali with the full axe/elemental trident is battle mode; the version with the shark fins and harpoon is adrenalin mode. She's a little bit unusual in that the instructions have you build her in adrenalin mode and then convert her into battle mode, whereas most of the Toa are the other way around. But battle mode refers to the versions of the Toa that are equipped for combat and have larger, heavier weapons, while adrenalin mode refers to the ones that are equipped for mobility and have smaller, lighter weapons.

Speaking of adrenalin mode, I took a photo of Gali in adrenalin mode a few minutes ago after playing around with her a bit and happening upon a nice-looking pose that had the fins joined mermaid-style. Tomorrow I might take a better photo with better lighting, or even try drawing her in this pose like the drawing I did of her in battle mode.

Slight correction here — the version of Gali with the full axe/elemental trident is battle mode; the version with the shark fins and harpoon is adrenalin mode. She's a little bit unusual in that the instructions have you build her in adrenalin mode and then convert her into battle mode, whereas most of the Toa are the other way around. But battle mode refers to the versions of the Toa that are equipped for combat and have larger, heavier weapons, while adrenalin mode refers to the ones that are equipped for mobility and have smaller, lighter weapons.

Thanks for letting me know, I was going by the instruction booklet. I thought I might have had it backward.

IetTsFQ.png

I can't really say much bad about the Toa. I literally only have one complaint per Toa that's exclusive to them, with the exception Kopaka and Gali who share the same complaint.

Kopaka and Gali - The upper legs look gappy from the back compared to the better covered lower legs.

Onua - Silver and gold don't mix as well as they did with Kopaka. I woulda liked his shoulder pads at least be gold, if not the lower chest also.

Tahu - Very gappy lower legs from the back.

Lewa - Very limited neck movement, which is annoying since he's a flyer.

Pohatu - Kinda bland compared to the others. I would've liked something like a smaller gearbox for his lower torso to control his feet with but I can see how that'd be difficult to do and would require an extra new piece.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

I know for a fact I'm gonna love looking at Gali's chest than the others.

I think you need to calm down sir. I understand that you may be excited about getting Gali but I could really and very honestly live without hearing about your sexual fantasies of her...

• Upvote 4

I know for a fact I'm gonna love looking at Gali's chest than the others.

I think you need to calm down sir. I understand that you may be excited about getting Gali but I could really and very honestly live without hearing about your sexual fantasies of her...

Her chest print is pretty nice. :P

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I apologize for that post. I had to leave and didn't see that my edits weren't saved.

I meant to put

"I know for a fact I'm gonna love looking at the printing on Gali's chest than the others."

and I guess the post didn't send as fast as I thought it would because I closed my laptop right after and came back just now to see it like that.

Edited by Blueblur21
  • Upvote 2

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I apologize for that post. I had to leave and didn't see that my edits weren't saved.

I meant to put

"I know for a fact I'm gonna love looking at the printing on Gali's chest than the others."

and I guess the post didn't send as fast as I thought it would because I closed my laptop right after and came back just now to see it like that.

It's okay sir! Everybody makes mistakes. They also make pancakes.

• Upvote 2

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

So, having built all six of the Toa and stared each of them down, I have decided the order in which I like them.

1. Gali - She's still my favorite; I really like the shade of blue, the mix of colors works really well (and makes her feel like she's underwater too), I like her mask and her weapon, I could go on. Also something about her build feels feminine compared to the others; maybe it's the thigh armor?  :notsure:

2. Lewa - Unexpectedly, since I originally didn't like him when the sets were first revealed - but he does look very good in a variety of poses, and he does feel like a jungle tossed into set form. It's a shame that his mask doesn't resemble his old ones at all, but that's a sacrifice I'll accept if it means a set with that much personality.

3. Kopaka - His mask holds the closest resemblance to his mask of old, and I like the spread of colors. Plus, his spear+shield combo isn't something we see very often in sets.

4. Onua - He's massive, he has purple, he has a giant hammer, and he's a very fun set to build. 

5. Tahu - Tahu is sort of boring compared to the others; he's your typical leader hero set, and it doesn't really feel like something that I haven't seen before. That said, I do like how the swords stick out of his back - it gives him a bit of extra flare to help him stand out.

We don't know for sure that Pohatu's left arm is robotic...but if it is, then Winter Soldier confirmed.

Then again, I use IE, so bugs are everywhere. It works well enough I suppose.

IE and the word "works" don't go in the same sentence.

Then again, I use IE, so bugs are everywhere. It works well enough I suppose.

Wh...why????

XD

I don't know! Maybe because I can keep all my favorites?

When I switched from IE to Chrome, I kept all my favorites. Think it had something to do with Google transferring them, which was cool.

We don't know for sure that Pohatu's left arm is robotic...but if it is, then Winter Soldier confirmed.

you cannot stop the power of the ROBOT ARM 

it will always be canon

lego just doesn't know it yet

• Upvote 2

you cannot stop the power of the ROBOT ARM 

it will always be canon

lego just doesn't know it yet

If it does end up being canon, there better be a good explanation...and what would it be made of, normal metal, or Protosteel? Or even Adamantium, which has been used outside of X-Men before. 

Pohatu's left arm is just more heavily armored than the other. That's why he uses his right arm to swing. He's like one of those swordsmen who wears armor on one side, but leaves their sword swinging arm bare so they can swing faster. Pohatu is simply right handed.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Pohatu's left arm is just more heavily armored than the other. That's why he uses his right arm to swing. He's like one of those swordsmen who wears armor on one side, but leaves their sword swinging arm bare so they can swing faster. Pohatu is simply right handed.

Most likely reason, but it'd be cool if it was more like Ed Elric's automail or the Winter Soldier's robotic prosthetic, whatever it's made out of. Extra armor makes most sense though.

Most likely reason, but it'd be cool if it was more like Ed Elric's automail or the Winter Soldier's robotic prosthetic, whatever it's made out of. Extra armor makes most sense though.

If you look at the Toa's primary color being "skin," and the gold or silver bits being extra armor, a lot of these designs start to make more sense... but I already went over all that a few posts ago.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

That's boring and normal

The ROBOT ARM headcanon is much cooler

• Upvote 1

That's boring and normal

No it isn't. The 'Lewa painted his arm yellow during his sleep then blamed it on Tahu' headcanon is the best.

• Upvote 1

Lara Croft

That's boring and normal

No it isn't. The 'Lewa painted his arm yellow during his sleep then blamed it on Tahu' headcanon is the best.

That... but... his shins are yellow too. Under the knee guards that he wears. Why would one have yellow shins and then paint themselves yellow shoulders

That's boring and normal

That... but... his shins are yellow too. Under the knee guards that he wears. Why would one have yellow shins and then paint themselves yellow shoulders

I asked him that but he pushed me out of the way as a rampaging Gali wearing a grass miniskirt brought a tidal wave the size of a large truck upon him.

Lara Croft

Do we have nicknames for all the Toa yet? There's Omega Tahu, Alpha Kopaka, Taster of Jungle and Onya...

Don't forget Galigun, and Potato. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I love the new Pohatu, but I feel like he is only complete when you put on some of the Protector of Stone's armor, much like how it looks in his "power up mode". That as well as moving the arms up one pin and adding y-joints to the torso's ball joints, and he looks like he could take on the world.

Also, has anyone tried to make Lewa so that his X-Glider looks more like the type used in the animations? I have already tried, and it looks pretty good so far. Let me know if anyone would like to see it!

Edited by Fordianl

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

As for Pohatus  silver parts I have my own head canon that I use. I imagine he was like Lewa with no trans parts(and also no silver) before he crash landed on Okoto. But something went wrong and he ended up losing both his lower legs and one of his arms in the fall(just a note, it means you have to differ from the instruction booklet by adding the trans bones to his silver arm for this to make sense. When the Protector of Stone find him in the desert, he constructs him replacement fully robotic limbs, powered by his elemental energy(the trans neon green bones). If Pohatu loses his mask, he loses all power in his limbs. These bionic legs also give him the ability to run really fast too.

• Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

That's pretty gruesome. Poor Pohatu...I just consider one of his arms to be "charged up," more powerful than the other, which allows him to toss boomerangs more effectively. I don't really see why the asymmetrical armor needs to be described in the lore, asymmetrical armor is very common. The protector of stone makes me think of something like this, with armor on the arm facing his target.

IetTsFQ.png