OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Hey, it sure beats "CCBS" as a term. It even gained a following on Eurobricks, before some one came and ranted about it.

And p.s. You can't tell me what I can or cannot call a system. I call a pile of lego "legos"

I didn't tell you, I asked you. It was a request. You don't have to call it CCBS. Skeleball is just... mean. But, whatever. Call it what you want. Just don't expect people who actually enjoy this system to not be annoyed.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Well, I'm offended!

I was just trying to show how easily these same complaints could be used against traditional lego bricks. Again, this is not a jab at you.

I know, but those kind of videos turn us (who prefer the old system) look like the bad guys here! So what we don't like skeleball?

It's probable that I'm reading too deeply into this, but your use of the term "bad guys" in regards to a difference of taste over building toys seems to me to belie the flaw in your approach to the matter, and consequently why folks have gotten so annoyed by it.

These are toys we're talking about. Any objective disagreements are down to differing standards of aesthetic, architecture, etc. And yet you seem to treat them like something radically sacred, for want of a better term. Things like your comment about the baby Fire Villager being eaten by a Muaka give the impression that you find anything associated with an iteration of a toy franchise, that you dislike, to be anathema to all that is good.

• Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Update on amazon UK, all of them are now in stock and the protectors I ordered are now due for arrival next Monday (or January 12th)! 

Glad you're finally got to buy them! I think you'll actually be getting them before me, and I'm in the US :P

Originally amazon were saying they would arrive on January 30th (I think because they didn't have any stocks yet), and I gotta say I'm pretty amazed there's a place in the states that doesn't have them yet, nearly all the Americans here seem to have one, keep on trying I'm sure you'll find them. 

Nice purchase! All the Protectors are amazing sets! My favorite is probably the Protector of Jungle and Water haha. 

Funny story actually, turns out they arrived today, but me and my Mum were out when they arrived and amazon said they would arrive tomorrow, I am again due to go out tomorrow (let's hope I don't miss them). 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

Well, I'm offended!

I was just trying to show how easily these same complaints could be used against traditional lego bricks. Again, this is not a jab at you.

I know, but those kind of videos turn us (who prefer the old system) look like the bad guys here! So what we don't like skeleball?

It's probable that I'm reading too deeply into this, but your use of the term "bad guys" in regards to a difference of taste over building toys seems to me to belie the flaw in your approach to the matter, and consequently why folks have gotten so annoyed by it.

These are toys we're talking about. Any objective disagreements are down to differing standards of aesthetic, architecture, etc. And yet you seem to treat them like something radically sacred, for want of a better term. Things like your comment about the baby Fire Villager being eaten by a Muaka give the impression that you find anything associated with an iteration of a toy franchise, that you dislike, to be anathema to all that is good.

Ya, you read way too far into it... Now if you excuse me, I have to go worship the mighty Hau. :P

If you don't want to look like the "bad guy", maybe stop using double standards as an excuse.  If you don't like exposed ball joints, then fine.  But don't act like Old BIONICLE is above reproach for something you say you hate New BIONICLE for.

I don't hate newonicle for exposed joints, I hate it for its use of skeleball. Ok?

I personally think Bionewcle rolls off the tongue a bit more easliy.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

If you don't want to look like the "bad guy", maybe stop using double standards as an excuse.  If you don't like exposed ball joints, then fine.  But don't act like Old BIONICLE is above reproach for something you say you hate New BIONICLE for.

I don't hate newonicle for exposed joints, I hate it for its use of skeleball. Ok?

That's OK. But let us have our fun. Don't insist on countering every positive thing we say about Gen2 with some sort of gratuitous negative.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

ANYWAYS...

I remember TTV talking about CCBS joints breaking if you leave them in a static position on your shelf or something for a long time. Does that hold any truth?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

ANYWAYS...

I remember TTV talking about CCBS joints breaking if you leave them in a static position on your shelf or something for a long time. Does that hold any truth?

All the time that my Breakout Rocka spent languishing (alas, my health) on my shelf certainly did him no harm. And his torso came with one of its lower joints bent.

gZsNWyr.png

ANYWAYS...

I've had no experience with that myself. It's entirely possible that it could happen on rare occasions, though.

ANYWAYS...

I feel its more the temp they are kept in. The cold makes them brittle. Of course, playing with them warms them with friction, but if they a kept warm enough, you shoudnt have any issues.

-------

I got all my sets from amazon today. They all look so much better in person than on a screen. Beautiful. I have only built the Toa so far and will probably build the rest tomorrow.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I had a 3.0 Nex and 3.0 Stormer in storage for 3 years and a Breakout Evo in storage for 2 years from during my downtime and their limbs are none the worse for it. Heck, just yesterday I got them out to dismantle them for parts and, using them for random experimental mocs, they felt about as stiff as the limbs on my Bionicle 2015 sets.

I had a 3.0 Nex and 3.0 Stormer in storage for 3 years and a Breakout Evo in storage for 2 years from during my downtime and their limbs are none the worse for it. Heck, just yesterday I got them out to dismantle them for parts and, using them for random experimental mocs, they felt about as stiff as the limbs on my Bionicle 2015 sets.

That's good, I was worried about that after devoting thirty minutes of my evening to playing with my Bionicles. 

bZpOwEr

I don't suppose that conclusion was reached on anecdotal evidence taken from a situation where someone displayed their collection in direct sunlight, was it?

• Upvote 3

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I don't suppose that conclusion was reached on anecdotal evidence taken from a situation where someone displayed their collection in direct sunlight, was it?

I'm not entirely sure, lol. I've never had any Bionicle/HF figures up on a shelf for more than a week before, so when I hear about their joints breaking just for leaving them on display is kinda nerve-racking.

But I'm glad that's not the case it seems.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Update on amazon UK, all of them are now in stock and the protectors I ordered are now due for arrival next Monday (or January 12th)! 

Glad you're finally got to buy them! I think you'll actually be getting them before me, and I'm in the US :P

Originally amazon were saying they would arrive on January 30th (I think because they didn't have any stocks yet), and I gotta say I'm pretty amazed there's a place in the states that doesn't have them yet, nearly all the Americans here seem to have one, keep on trying I'm sure you'll find them. 

Nice purchase! All the Protectors are amazing sets! My favorite is probably the Protector of Jungle and Water haha. 

Funny story actually, turns out they arrived today, but me and my Mum were out when they arrived and amazon said they would arrive tomorrow, I am again due to go out tomorrow (let's hope I don't miss them). 

Awh man that sucks! Still they are all amazing sets! Have fun with them! :D

Hey, for all the people who dislike Gen 2, you have to remember Gen 1 Bionicle was responsible for LOTS of... disturbing things.

For example-

Splashysquid.jpg

And they were marketed as Squids.

I always thought they looked cute...

bZpOwEr

Hey, for all the people who dislike Gen 2, you have to remember Gen 1 Bionicle was responsible for LOTS of... disturbing things.

For example-

Splashysquid.jpg

Cute, maybe, but do they look ANYTHING like a squid, or a Bionicle?

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

So apparently the official ability of the Golden Skull Spider Mask is that it gives the user the ability to have control over all of the skull spiders. It also seems to me that the LoSS is never present with the mask in any of the animation sequences we've seen him in so far. He isn't pictured with it anywhere except on the set ITSELF. This could potentially mean that LoSS is just a big Skull Spider that's also under the same influence the other Skull Spiders are under. Now Skull Spiders seem to be like Rahi, beasts that normally live in the wild, but are now being controlled by a force to wreck havoc and bring back masks. We have these few possabilities of who/what that could be: The MoUP, a Summer Villain, The power hungry Makuta himself. Makuta seems to be the top pick since he's been officially called "Makuta the Mask Hoarder". 

Now, this has no credibility and no evidence so far, but perhaps the Golden Skull Spider Mask is another form, or perhaps a weaker version of the Mask of Control, assuming Makuta might be able to forge himself a similar less powered up mask until he can get the real one back. From what we've seen in the videos and read from the official site and various promotional material, the Skull Spiders pretty much ran everyone out of the city Ekimu and Makuta used to call home. Now that it's empty, Makuta has full access to his forge and an army of spiders that attack faces.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 3

For example-

Splashysquid.jpg

Cute, maybe, but do they look ANYTHING like a squid, or a Bionicle?

They look like Bionicle squids. 

bZpOwEr

I got a Protector and started losing the studs left and right and now I can't help but imagine some poor rodent picking one up and choking on it :(

One less mouth to feed and one less pest problem.  ;)

That's really mean.

The way I see it, if I had the honor to work hard to get my own house, they should have to do the same instead of being freeloaders. That's how equal rights work, right?  :P

Let's not derail this thread with a discussion on the treatment of animals and equal rights, now.

You know, I think that the new BIONICLE sets are quite possibly the most biomechanical-looking of them all. The CCBS bones are a great boon in that regard.

I just am loving that Onua has purple

purplepurplepurple

• Upvote 1

For example-

Splashysquid.jpg

LOL I've never seen those before! :P  :P  :P  XD XD XD

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Anyone else get an email from LEGO with a free shipping code for some sort of flub made with the notification system on the 1st?

Because I think I'll be getting some more sets a little sooner than I intended now.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Anyone else get an email from LEGO with a free shipping code for some sort of flub made with the notification system on the 1st?

Because I think I'll be getting some more sets a little sooner than I intended now.

~|ET|~

I have not received the email, but I know several other members have. 

So apparently the official ability of the Golden Skull Spider Mask is that it gives the user the ability to have control over all of the skull spiders. It also seems to me that the LoSS is never present with the mask in any of the animation sequences we've seen him in so far. He isn't pictured with it anywhere except on the set ITSELF. This could potentially mean that LoSS is just a big Skull Spider that's also under the same influence the other Skull Spiders are under. Now Skull Spiders seem to be like Rahi, beasts that normally live in the wild, but are now being controlled by a force to wreck havoc and bring back masks. We have these few possabilities of who/what that could be: The MoUP, a Summer Villain, The power hungry Makuta himself. Makuta seems to be the top pick since he's been officially called "Makuta the Mask Hoarder". 

Now, this has no credibility and no evidence so far, but perhaps the Golden Skull Spider Mask is another form, or perhaps a weaker version of the Mask of Control, assuming Makuta might be able to forge himself a similar less powered up mask until he can get the real one back. From what we've seen in the videos and read from the official site and various promotional material, the Skull Spiders pretty much ran everyone out of the city Ekimu and Makuta used to call home. Now that it's empty, Makuta has full access to his forge and an army of spiders that attack faces.

I can see this being the case. In fact, I would very much like it to be, assuming Makuta is awake and scheming away as opposed to manipulating LoSS in his sleep or LoSS influenced by the mask itself on a more primal basis by influencing its need for power and control and Makuta has almost nothing to do with it nut it's doubtful he doesn't have a hand in it.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I got it, but I have all of the sets I wanted already. I have $5 in VIP rewards too, so it's tempting to get another one of the Protectors for $5...but that's $5 wasted since I didn't really want that set anyway. 

I wish the offer would last until March when the Lego Elves sets would come out, but alas no. 

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the friction pin on the gear becoming significantly less frictive? I did a lot of wild arm-swinging with my Tahu and as a result, he can't really hold his swords up anymore.

I suppose this could be solved by switching it out for another pin, but I don't think most of mine are up to the task, and it's really a shame it lost friction so quickly, considering most kids will likely be doing even more wild arm-swinging than I did.