OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

And that there was a Mask of Time that covered the whole face. And that's all we know for sure.

I don't remember this part.  Where was this said?

Interviews at NYCC. Never recorded, but the Three Virtues and DeeVee have confirmed that they did mention a new Mask of Time.

Its been in the warehouse for three days. No actually too bothered seeing as I get my first batch tomorrow, providing someone is in. Ill contact Lego Tomorrow, though

Oh... What shipping did you choose? 

-NotS

Standard. It was £21 for express. Bare in mind it still has to ship from Denmark to here in England, so I doubt its coming, at least on time haha

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Standard. It was £21 for express. Bare in mind it still has to ship from Denmark to here in England, so I doubt its coming, at least on time haha

Oh man. Okay, that does sound pretty problematic. :/

-NotS

Like I said, Im not really bothered. I just want my sets of Amazon more. Ill contact LEGO tomorrow, and Im sure they'll sort it out. Their customer service is always good, so Im sure I wont have a problem.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Its been in the warehouse for three days. No actually too bothered seeing as I get my first batch tomorrow, providing someone is in. Ill contact Lego Tomorrow, though

I'm having a similar issue, the package apparently shipped yesterday but it still hasn't arrived.

You'll be fine. So long as it shipped, Im sure you'll get it by Friday. What sets did you order again?

I'm having a similar issue, the package apparently shipped yesterday but it still hasn't arrived.

You'll be fine. So long as it shipped, Im sure you'll get it by Friday. What sets did you order again?

Lewa, Gali, Pohatu, protector of earth, and protector of ice.

It's time to move on.

So my FedEx tracker now says 'on FedEx vehicle for delivery', so I should get my 4 Toa any time now.

Hopefully they don't pull anything at the last minute.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Hmmm okay, is problems with the LEGO Shop this common? I mean, I might end up having to order the sets off there. Don't know how the service is.

-NotS

You most likely wont have a problem. Just bare in mind its not as rare as you think. UK amazon has just stocked up yesterday. Has yours not done the same? You should check.

What about Amazon?

You most likely wont have a problem. Just bare in mind its not as rare as you think. UK amazon has just stocked up yesterday. Has yours not done the same? You should check.

Amazon.ca doesn't have the sets unfortunately! I'm beginning to rethink if Bionicle did even make it to Canada. xD

-NotS.

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Amazon.ca doesn't have the sets unfortunately! I'm beginning to rethink if Bionicle did even make it to Canada. xD

-NotS.

Nah, its here. I picked up almost the entire line from a Mastermind Toys. Tahu and Kopaka were both sold out though, so still missing those, and about half of the sets I did get were the last they had in stock.

• Upvote 1

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

Nah, its here. I picked up almost the entire line from a Mastermind Toys. Tahu and Kopaka were both sold out though, so still missing those, and about half of the sets I did get were the last they had in stock.

Oh man! Glad to hear it. :) That's reassuring. Hopefully I'll find em at TRU later today!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Hmmm okay, is problems with the LEGO Shop this common? I mean, I might end up having to order the sets off there. Don't know how the service is.

-NotS

What about Amazon?

Protcetor of fire, protector of water, protector of stone, oh and did you see my recent post regarding amazon UK? 

It's time to move on.

-NotS

What about Amazon?

Protcetor of fire, protector of water, protector of stone, oh and did you see my recent post regarding amazon UK? 

Yes. I am all knowing...

So you still need  PoJ then to complete the protectors?

And that there was a Mask of Time that covered the whole face. And that's all we know for sure.

I don't remember this part.  Where was this said?

Interviews at NYCC. Never recorded, but the Three Virtues and DeeVee have confirmed that they did mention a new Mask of Time.

Okay.  I trust one of those sources.

OpAXNpl.jpg

-NotS

What about Amazon?

Yes. I am all knowing...

So you still need  PoJ then to complete the protectors?

Yep (I'm saving him for last as he is my favourite). 

It's time to move on.

Looking over the recent conversation, I begin to worry :P

After all, I bought eight sets off of the Lego shop... I'd hope all that money actually gets me the sets

You shouldnt worry too much dude. I would imagine most people get a good service.

After all, I bought eight sets off of the Lego shop... I'd hope all that money actually gets me the sets

You shouldnt worry too much dude. I would imagine most people get a good service.

I'll find out next week when they do (or do not) arrive, I suppose. It'd be a shame to have any troubles with getting the first sets from the return of Bionicle. 

I'll find out next week when they do (or do not) arrive, I suppose. It'd be a shame to have any troubles with getting the first sets from the return of Bionicle. 

What delivery system is Lego using to deliver them? If it's FedEx/USPS, then your stuff should be in good hands. (All of this is assuming you're in the U.S., though I'm having doubts about FedEx delivering my missing sets on time.)

Edit: I just got my sets in the mail as soon as I posted this, lmfao.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

What delivery system is Lego using to deliver them? If it's FedEx/USPS, then your stuff should be in good hands. (All of this is assuming you're in the U.S., though I'm having doubts about FedEx delivering my missing sets on time.)

Edit: I just got my sets in the mail as soon as I posted this, lmfao.

Its not the delivery system, its LEGO. And good on you bud!

So after getting/building all the sets, here is my list of favorite Toa in order:

1. Tahu/Onua
  2. Pohato
  3. Gali
  4. Kopaka
  5. Lewa

I really loved these new sets! They utilize the CCBS a lot better that most HF sets ever did in IMO.  And Pohato looks really awesome, despite the negative comments he gets a lot.

Don't wanna talk about the Protectors, though. I could write paragraphs about how cool they are.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Good news, I gotten my new bionicle sets (still waiting for the other three) and I randomly gotten a free Lego Friends polybag. I gotten 4 Lord of Skull Spider, Tahu, Lewa, Gali and 2 Onya. I haven't made LoSS but right now, Lewa and Tahu are the only two that looked good and the thing I don't like about the master are there arms, they are too far back. Gali still look like a male (beside the mask) and Onua is a meh.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Question: Is anyone buying duplicates of the sets? I want to buy a second set of some of the Toa, so I keep one duplicate on a shelf, and the other in a box just in case they become very valuable a few years down the road. 

Im already starting to buy duplicates. I managed to get all the sets before Christmas and now Im planning on buying a bunch of duplicates. Mainly for mocing and keeping just a couple sealed. I already bought myself another Tahu today! I now have three haha but I plan on keeping my third one sealed. :)

Question: Is anyone buying duplicates of the sets? I want to buy a second set of some of the Toa, so I keep one duplicate on a shelf, and the other in a box just in case they become very valuable a few years down the road. 

Im already starting to buy duplicates. I managed to get all the sets before Christmas and now Im planning on buying a bunch of duplicates. Mainly for mocing and keeping just a couple sealed. I already bought myself another Tahu today! I now have three haha but I plan on keeping my third one sealed. :)

I figure I'd wait until they get a bit cheaper on Amazon, or something before I buy me some Toa duplicates sealed. I need to save 100$ or so for a special...Gift for myself, and upcoming PS4 games. 

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Probably Pohatu or Lewa, as I see them the most. Maybe some of the Protectors for extra heads, masks, and those new shell add-ons. I have already learned my lesson with not having enough parts, as I am now using every Metru head I own.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

While I did buy all six Toa and a Protector, there's a point when the overspending just gets ridiculous. :P I'm not getting duplicates - it's just not in the budget. I'd rather save any extra money for new Lego sets/waves that I want, because it's more variety of building experience per dollar.

While I did buy all six Toa and a Protector, there's a point when the overspending just gets ridiculous. :P I'm not getting duplicates - it's just not in the budget. I'd rather save any extra money for new Lego sets/waves that I want, because it's more variety of building experience per dollar.

Same over here. Sometimes it can be really useful because it gets your a good amount of extra parts for upgrades and just regular building, but the sets this year are expensive enough as-is.

Speaking of the prices, is it just me or are some of them just way off in the pricing? I usually think that a set is a good deal if 100 pieces = ten dollars (US), but some of the toa seem way off of that. I mean, Pohatu has less parts than the Protector of Fire, yet is five dollars extra. Same with sets like Tahu and Gali, who have a two part difference yet have a five dollar difference in price. What gives? I mean, I can understand charging extra for play features and special parts like the function and masks, but it still doesn't make sense why so many of these sets have such impractical and off piece-to-price ratios when compared.

For Pohatu, I think the brown part recolor and the highly-detailed molded weapons jack the price up.

For Gali/Tahu, it may be more of how tall Tahu is - he has bigger parts than Gali. For example, Gali has a bunch of Technic pieces in her weapon, whereas Tahu replaces that with stuff like friction joints and extra weapons. 

Edited by fishers64

Same over here. Sometimes it can be really useful because it gets your a good amount of extra parts for upgrades and just regular building, but the sets this year are expensive enough as-is.

Speaking of the prices, is it just me or are some of them just way off in the pricing? I usually think that a set is a good deal if 100 pieces = ten dollars (US), but some of the toa seem way off of that. I mean, Pohatu has less parts than the Protector of Fire, yet is five dollars extra. Same with sets like Tahu and Gali, who have a two part difference yet have a five dollar difference in price. What gives? I mean, I can understand charging extra for play features and special parts like the function and masks, but it still doesn't make sense why so many of these sets have such impractical and off piece-to-price ratios when compared.

I guess they just wanted two different sets of Toa, despite having around the same piece count. Though, there are some people that will call the $20 sets a 'cash grab'. 

I'm not going to buy a second set of all of the Toa, maybe just Tahu since he's likely going to be worth more in the future, due to him being Bionicle's mascot and all. If there's a good Lego brick set coming out, I'mma spend my extra cash on that.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The ten parts per dollar metric never applied to Bionicle, since it has larger and more complex pieces than most Lego normal sets. The exceptions tend to be the more Technic heavy builds, since they have more tiny pins and axles, i.e. the Lord of Skull Spiders has the best piece-to-price ratio of the winter sets.

Piece size and uniqueness affects price in general. The Protector may have more pieces, but it comes with at least twelve of those little studs. Pohatu has larger pieces in general. The Protector also has no molds unique to the set, sharing all the new ones with the other Protectors. Pohatu has two molds unique to its set (mask and boomerangs), which probably got counted in the price. Finally, Lego just likes to keep prices the same between sets that are supposed to be equivalent. If they can convince you a Pohatu equals a Gali, they will sell you a Pohatu at the same price as a Gali. 

Edited by Latrodectus
  • Upvote 1

The ten parts per dollar metric never applied to Bionicle, since it has larger and more complex pieces than most Lego normal sets. The exceptions tend to be the more Technic heavy builds, since they have more tiny pins and axles, i.e. the Lord of Skull Spiders has the best piece-to-price ratio of the winter sets.

Piece size and uniqueness affects price in general. The Protector may have more pieces, but it comes with at least twelve of those little studs. Pohatu has larger pieces in general. The Protector also has no molds unique to the set, sharing all the new ones with the other Protectors. Pohatu has two molds unique to its set (mask and boomerangs), which probably got counted in the price. Finally, Lego just likes to keep prices the same between sets that are supposed to be equivalent. If they can convince you a Pohatu equals a Gali, they will sell you a Pohatu at the same price as a Gali. 

True.. it just feels like holding Pohatu next to Gali that they're not really worth the same price. Pohatu feels much more incomplete and I would rather that he got some other weapon than have those boomerangs rack up the price. And even the Protector of Fire looks more complete...

Speaking of the boomerangs, I'm a little surprised that they haven't been used in any other sets this wave. Maybe next wave? I'd hate to see new weapons molds made at random for no reason and then disappear forever, like the Mahri had. They're pretty cool looking parts and can have a lot of uses with enough imagination.

With constraction sets, it's not just the number of pieces that matters, but the size of the pieces.  With Tahu vs. Gali, keep in mind that a quarter of Gali's pieces are in her weapon, which uses a lot of smaller TECHNIC connectors and such.  She also has two sets of friction gears while Tahu only has one.  And while they both have the same basic shell distribution, Tahu's are larger on average (compare the shin armor, especially).

For Pohatu, I think the unique weapons are a definite factor in his price.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I have to agree. Why do Tahu, Onua, and Kopaka have to be 20 bucks?

Because they can. They know that many people will want the full team, and by making some cost more, people will probably buy them if they have the rest.

It's also because Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua are just plain-flat bigger sets. Tahu is taller, Onua is a big guy, and Kopaka is somewhere between bulky and tall. More plastic costs more money. 

They probably made Tahu and Kopaka big because they know the fans think of them as the most iconic and are willing to pay through the nose for them. And they wanted to bulk Onua up. Hence the big bucks.