OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I suspect the sets I ordered may arrive on Monday since the last destination they were in was Ohio which is right next to the state I live in.  Would be nice if the Kualsi mask I ordered on Bricklink to replace the one I lost on Iruni arrived either today or Monday too.

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

Yeah, when I'm playing around with my sets I can feel the wiggle in the armor, then I check to make sure it's 100% aligned. It's only a minor annoyance, though.

Honestly G1 armor pieces like Metru, Inika and Piraka thigh armor had about as much "wobble", as did some of the later armor pieces like the thigh armor on Vorox and Skrall. The CCBS shells attach on quite securely and don't shift out of place to a degree that's even noticeable.

They had a bit of wiggle (mainly Piraka, I feel as though Metru and Inika were pretty stiff, although I used two pins for the Vorox and Skrall piece to prevent any wiggle room) but I feel CCBS shells have a bit more. Again, this isn't really a complaint for me, more so a minor annoyance.

Oh and one thing I love about the new wave is the fact there's no more thornaxx launchers, I was getting so tired of those things, thanks for finally changing it lego. 

The new launchers are so great...I built an 18-barrel gattling gun with three of the new launchers, I can't wait to see all the crazy firing contraptions people come up with.

• Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

Oh and one thing I love about the new wave is the fact there's no more thornaxx launchers, I was getting so tired of those things, thanks for finally changing it lego. 

I have to agree, the sets work much better w/o them.  I actually gave Mata Nui (2009 Glatorian) a duplicate Jaller sword I had in place of it so he had a sword and shield.

Edited by Dimension Lord
  • Upvote 1

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

I have to agree, the sets work much better w/o them.  I actually gave Mata Nui (2009 Glatorian) a duplicate Jaller sword I had in place of it so he had a sword and shield.

Oh yeah I remember, I complained about this earlier in the topic but I'll say it again, lego focused way to much on the blasters in bionicle's last years, I mean for some reason they thought the zamo spheres were the best thing ever and that it was the main selling point of the sets, I'm so happy they've gone back to simple swords and axes and spears all that good old tribal stuff. Not to mention I hate the fact HF never had it's own original blaster, all they did was change the top piece of the thornaxx launchers (Which also made them harder to fire) and thought that would be good enough. 

It's time to move on.

Speaking of the new gatling guns, does anyone feel like attaching two of the studs as rounds makes them harder to lose?

That would be a good idea, though I already lost like five of those things and I had to replace them with some parts from my regular Lego stash. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Speaking of the new gatling guns, does anyone feel like attaching two of the studs as rounds makes them harder to lose?

That would be a good idea, though I already lost like five of those things and I had to replace them with some parts from my regular Lego stash. 

It's a good thing that, unlike almost every other launcher in Bionicle's history, the stud launchers use a piece already present in most Lego sets. :P

• Upvote 3

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Yeah, when I'm playing around with my sets I can feel the wiggle in the armor, then I check to make sure it's 100% aligned. It's only a minor annoyance, though.

Honestly G1 armor pieces like Metru, Inika and Piraka thigh armor had about as much "wobble", as did some of the later armor pieces like the thigh armor on Vorox and Skrall. The CCBS shells attach on quite securely and don't shift out of place to a degree that's even noticeable.
The torso armor can shift to a pretty noticeable degree if you accidentally put pressure on the very bottom of it. That's the only one that really does, though. Edited by hiddenderek

Armor shifting is something that can be seen as a problem to some. Honestly, it doesn't bother me much but is simply a result of the way the system works in general. The only thing I don't like about it is how it makes the sets seem less solid in my eyes, with the armor shifting and all it has a less definite shape all the time. It can actually be good in some ways though, like moving the chest to one side more than another to make a pose look just the tiniest bit better.

• Upvote 1

The chest plate is the only part whose wobbliness bothers me - it is pretty noticeable how it moves from left to right on the ball joint, and on some Toa (Kopaka) I spend way too much time nudging it so it fits just right. But then again I am really nit-picky with my Bionicle sets, and I don't miss the pin connections.

IetTsFQ.png

Woah.  CCBS wobbles? I have never had this problem at all.

"Wobble" is the wrong word...it just wiggles a little at the ball joint if you try to move it around. For the most part it is totally unnoticeable, and when it is noticeable it's really not a problem.

IetTsFQ.png

Just ordered the Onua and Protector of Earth bundle using my free shipping code. Can't wait to get them. ^_^

Oh, and the shells undeniably have a good amount of wiggle room. More than old style armor. But except in cases like the chest armor, likely due to size, it's not all that noticeable. But I too have definitely fidgeted with Tahu's quite a bit to look "right" to me.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

So I ordered LOSS off of LEGO.com. My brother thinks he's cool. Should I give the set to him as a late Christmas present?

I gave the Protector of Jungle to my other brother and it would be kind of mean not to give my other brother a set he told me he likes.

I think you should. Hes an awesome set and the function is cool too! Especially since he even said he like LOSS :)

But of course this is all your own call :)

Oh yeah I remember, I complained about this earlier in the topic but I'll say it again, lego focused way to much on the blasters in bionicle's last years, I mean for some reason they thought the zamo spheres were the best thing ever and that it was the main selling point of the sets, I'm so happy they've gone back to simple swords and axes and spears all that good old tribal stuff. Not to mention I hate the fact HF never had it's own original blaster, all they did was change the top piece of the thornaxx launchers (Which also made them harder to fire) and thought that would be good enough. 

I thought the HF blasters from 2012 worked fine. It was harder to lose the ball when you shook the model around. :P

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I'll echo the fact that CCBS armor can shift to a higher degree than the pinned armor, and the fact that chest armor is the most visibly "loose" of these pieces.  Or, at the very least, it's more noticeable on the CCBS armor because the pinned armor only has one degree of freedom to rotate, while the socket-joint armor has three.

It's just something that comes from having a large piece attached by a single ball joint.  It's a slight sacrifice in stability for the sake of keeping the system modular.  Doesn't really bother me, but it's definitely there.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

I thought the HF blasters from 2012 worked fine. It was harder to lose the ball when you shook the model around. :P

Sure they weren't as loose but I found that you really had to squeeze them in order to get them to fire.

It's time to move on.

Onua's awesome, he has the best gearbox construction out of all of them IMO, and with Lewa I'd say you should only get him if you're prepared to move his shoulders down 1M; his gears are so close to his head that you can hardly flick his eyestalk to knock his mask off, let alone make him look upwards. :) I'd say Kopaka's on par with Tahu, if not a tad better. Happy to help! :D

VBWj75sh.png

Are Onua and Lewa good figures? I'm considering getting them, along with Kopaka if he's any good.

I don't have Onua, but I've built him on LEGO Digital Designer (with some placeholder parts, naturally) and he's a fantastic design.

I also highly recommend Lewa. Although his head is limited in terms of its upwards movement, like that of Mistika Toa Gali or many of the Toa Metru, it still has plenty of side-to-side movement provided you tilt it forward towards the chest. And in general, the new Lewa is just packed with personality. He truly feels like a spirit of the jungle, and looks great in all kinds of poses.

GET GALI!

My post would be incomplete if I didn't echo this sentiment. Gali is a fantastic design, and my favorite of the new Toa.

Edited by Aanchir

I just got almost all the new bionicle on my birthday (beside Pohatu, he wasn't at store).

Are Onua and Lewa good figures? I'm considering getting them, along with Kopaka if he's any good.

Well Lewa is the best one out of all the master, plus him and Kopaka gear function is better then all the other (but I don't know about Pohatu, haven't gotten him yet), Onua gear function is hard for a kid to turn. Also I do not recommend gali unless using her for parts.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I was never a big fan of Onua, sadly. He looks great but I'm looking forwards to building and playing with Gali more.

That, I agree with. Onua has an amazing design, great parts, he's really innovative and has a lot of character...but there's not much you can do with him! I think his stubby arms and legs make him very hard to pose and play with. Most of my time so far has been spent handing Gali. Although when you put her into "adrenaline mode" by assembling her axe, she becomes kind of tedious to pose...that thing takes up a lot of space, and the bottom part with the trident is way too long.

IetTsFQ.png

I was never a big fan of Onua, sadly. He looks great but I'm looking forwards to building and playing with Gali more.

Ever since I put those Skull Spider bodies on her thighs, I've been wanting to buy Gali a second time so I can mod her heavily. 

I'm about to go on the Buy/Sell/Trade to see if anyone knows how to make custom masks.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Gali's pretty darn cool. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the way the shoulder armor moves along with her arms. Any other cons she has aren't special to her, so I highly recommend.

On another note, I just made a Matoro, Master of Life MOC/combo today using Kopaka, some of Gali, and two armor pieces from Pohatu. It made me realize how much I actually love the Inika and want them back after the Mata have gotten a good share.

• Upvote 3

That, I agree with. Onua has an amazing design, great parts, he's really innovative and has a lot of character...but there's not much you can do with him! I think his stubby arms and legs make him very hard to pose and play with.

Funny, that. I found him surprisingly poseable. I think his proportions contribute to this, by highlighting differences in position.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

You should get Lewa so he can fulfill his destiny of getting mind-controlled again, and you should also get Onua to fulfill his destiny of bailing Lewa out.

I think I'm going to stop recommending Gali for the time being because while she's my favorite of the 2015 sets I have, I also only have three and that's a pretty sparse sample size.  I'll wait until I have some Protectors for comparison.

OpAXNpl.jpg