OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Do we have nicknames for all the Toa yet? There's Omega Tahu, Alpha Kopaka, Taster of Jungle and Onya...

Ugh. I hate this Omega Tahu thing. Seriously, I have no problem with TTV but the Omega Tahu "meme" is so grating. It's almost as bad as the hype train and all its variations..

• Upvote 4

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Do we have nicknames for all the Toa yet? There's Omega Tahu, Alpha Kopaka, Taster of Jungle and Onya...

Ugh. I hate this Omega Tahu thing. Seriously, I have no problem with TTV but the Omega Tahu "meme" is so grating. It's almost as bad as the hype train and all its variations..

What? You have a problem with the hype train/bike/car/airplane/boat/subway/taxi/metro/aircraft carrier/flying saucer?

( :P)

• Upvote 5

bZpOwEr

What? You have a problem with the hype train/bike/car/airplane/boat/subway/taxi/metro/aircraft carrier/flying saucer?

You are probably forgetting several hundred there haha.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

You are probably forgetting several hundred there haha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_vehicles

bZpOwEr

Will we get a proper 2015 Bionicle sub-forum? especially since we may expect a new influx of members and it may cause massive confusion?

EDIT:

i forgot: holy cow i didn't think i'd see a Bionicle Reboot so soon. I'm cautiously optimistic

Edited by Toa Devak: Toa of Energy
redb.jpg

I noticed that the protector launchers are very powerful. I knocked over Kopaka Mata with Protector of Jungle's launcher.

Kind of like the Cordak Baster with the power of the Midak Skyblaster. 

And the ammunition is easy to lose. Good thing they came with some extras. 

bZpOwEr

On the topic of the new launchers, here's the triple-Gatling gun I made. Anyone have any other cool ideas for them? One person made Ekimu's hammer with two of them, looks pretty cool I think.

Do you have instructions for the Gatling gun? It would be really cool to have that attached to one of the Toa's melee weapons. 

bZpOwEr

On the topic of the new launchers, here's the triple-Gatling gun I made. Anyone have any other cool ideas for them? One person made Ekimu's hammer with two of them, looks pretty cool I think.

Do you have instructions for the Gatling gun? It would be really cool to have that attached to one of the Toa's melee weapons. 

No instructions, but it should be easy to build if you use this image. The only thing to look out for is those rubber band holders on the launchers, they need to all be lined up perfectly for all three launchers to fire.

Bonus photos of the PoS using it: Front, Side.

IetTsFQ.png

Hopefully we get a new mold for the hammer, if we ever do get Ekimu as a set. [cough cough] That blue pin really sticks out.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

No instructions, but it should be easy to build if you use this image. The only thing to look out for is those rubber band holders on the launchers, they need to all be lined up perfectly for all three launchers to fire.

Bonus photos of the PoS using it: Front, Side.

Okay, neat! I might use that for the 2015 Unicorn Master of Rainbows MOC I've been brainstorming. He'll have a multi-colored Gatling gun. 

bZpOwEr

Hopefully we get a new mold for the hammer, if we ever do get Ekimu as a set. [cough cough] That blue pin really sticks out.

It also hits him in the face when it fires. But the blue pin can be hidden with one of the dark grey pinhole pieces that the Protector of Ice uses on his saw.

IetTsFQ.png

That's just too cool.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

This is just so great. Its exactly why I adore the new launcher, the fact that they're so easily built into all kinds of tools and weapons - in the actual Protectors or custom built - is just awesome, and that alone is what makes me prefer them over every previous launcher.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

Does Gali look good with purple bones/shells? I'm interested in modding her her a bit more.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I can predict this new Bionicle lasting another 8 6 years.

I would hope so! It all depends on how well it does. I could imagine there being breaks every so years to allow other ideas and themes have some time. Constraction shouldn't live solely off of Bionicle in my opinion.

I would hope so! It all depends on how well it does. I could imagine there being breaks every so years to allow other ideas and themes have some time. Constraction shouldn't live solely off of Bionicle in my opinion.

Yeah. Lego is about the Brick, but constraction needs to be explored more. What I want to see is Master Builder sets where CCBS goes full potential. Remember when Lego used to do like those big statues? http://brickset.com/sets/3450-1/Statue-of-Liberty I would like to see huge, good MOC type sets released, maybe 1-2 sets like this a year. People always complain about CCBS potential not being used. These sets would be like Witch Doctor, when CCBS looked like a MOC set.

Simply Put: Bigger, Better, titans.

Edited by moamahrimatoro
  • Upvote 1

cringe

Yeah. Lego is about the Brick, but constraction needs to be explored more. What I want to see is Master Builder sets where CCBS goes full potential. Remember when Lego used to do like those big statues? http://brickset.com/sets/3450-1/Statue-of-Liberty I would like to see huge, good MOC type sets released, maybe 1-2 sets like this a year. People always complain about CCBS potential not being used. These sets would be like Witch Doctor, when CCBS looked like a MOC set.

YAASSSSS. I was really disappointed when they didn't release gigantic GSR and Prototype Robot titans in 2010. 

And, with the friction joint, the problem of floppy limbs isn't a problem anymore. I'm hoping that we'll have some good like that stuff this summer.

bZpOwEr

YAASSSSS. I was really disappointed when they didn't release gigantic GSR and Prototype Robot titans in 2010. 

And, with the friction joint, the problem of floppy limbs isn't a problem anymore. I'm hoping that we'll have some good like that stuff this summer.

Lego you need to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6p-BeoOD_s

• Upvote 2

cringe

These new Toa are potentially the best ever, with the exception of Kopaka.

What don't you like about Kopaka? He's one of my favorites.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kopaka is great, but I don't like him as much as the others because his shoulder armor makes his neck seem small as well as making it awkward to lift his arm up. His shield has been giving me grief for both scenes and for playing, it's too big and without it his spear is underwhelming as his lone weapon. Don't get me wrong, I really like him, as much as both the Glatorian and Toa Metru, my two other favorite sets.

These new Toa are potentially the best ever, with the exception of Kopaka.

What don't you like about Kopaka? He's one of my favorites.
Don't get me wrong, I think Kopaka is great, but I don't like him as much as the others because his shoulder armor makes his neck seem small as well as making it awkward to lift his arm up. His shield has been giving me grief for both scenes and for playing, it's too big and without it his spear is underwhelming as his lone weapon. Don't get me wrong, I really like him, as much as both the Glatorian and Toa Metru, my two other favorite sets.

Ah yes his shield. I find it very frustrating, and keep it detached most of the time. I like the shoulder armor though; rather than making his neck seem small, I think it makes his chest plate seem huge. It blends in well with the gold on his chest, making it look like one large suit of armor with lots of coverage. His mask is extremely small so it's not limited by the shoulders.

IetTsFQ.png

Yeah, as great as Bionicle is and as much as I love it, there is so much potential for other stories and applications for CCBS. Keeping constraction restrained to one theme all the time feels a little wasteful to me. Perhaps every three years or so, they can take a break off from one theme and try out another one, preferably one with a different tone/feel and concept. Some nice variety is nice.

I'm still dying to see what happens with Miserix (and all the other cliffhangers left in 2010). His character has always interested me and I'd love to see him take the spotlight. I mean, the Marendar, the Baterra, the cursed Great Being, there was so much I was looking forward to seeing played out.

Maybe some day Greg will be able to return to the original storyline, or at least give us some more story material in the same universe. As some people mentioned earlier, reformed Spherus Magna has great potential to be the perfect "blank canvas" for starting a clean new story arc.

Meanwhile I'm just going to pretend the reboot doesn't exist...

*snip!*

Maybe some day Greg will be able to return to the original storyline, or at least give us some more story material in the same universe. As some people mentioned earlier, reformed Spherus Magna has great potential to be the perfect "blank canvas" for starting a clean new story arc.

Meanwhile I'm just going to pretend the reboot doesn't exist...

Welcome!

The thing about Spherus Magna that I didn't like was how it was almost too clean of a canvas. Most of the mysteries had been solved and the only way to do a successful continuation in my mind would have been to have at least done a time skip so that these characters could be distributed throughout this new world and become accustomed to those places. The main idea behind Spherus Magna was that this was a place for the future, and though there were still some stuff with the Great Beings and some things that could be made up to discover, there weren't enough mysteries of the past that could be unearthed and affect the present without feeling tacked on.

I could be wrong but that's just the way it feels inside of my head. The ending of Bionicle was made to be precisely that- the end. It finished off in such a way in that it didn't need to continue and had enough of the answers answered to allow it to go away.

And you should at least give the reboot a chance. It's only just started and could honestly turn out great. It's like trying a new flavor of ice cream! Just because it's different from what you know, doesn't mean it can't be similar and tasty! Strange similes are strange...

Well, I picked up the Protector of Earth as well. Was looking for Kopaka but man the bigger sets are selling fast! Loving the Protectors more than I anticipated.

Excellent set. I love the choice to make his blaster a part of his armour. So far, these new BIONICLE sets have had a VERY VERY strong first impression. I'd go as far as saying they are the best sets in the history of the franchise.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Yeah, as great as Bionicle is and as much as I love it, there is so much potential for other stories and applications for CCBS. Keeping constraction restrained to one theme all the time feels a little wasteful to me. Perhaps every three years or so, they can take a break off from one theme and try out another one, preferably one with a different tone/feel and concept. Some nice variety is nice.

I agree I'd like to see more constraction themes, but I think it would be a bad idea for BIONICLE to "take a break" to allow for that. If it did, then you'd see BIONICLE fans blaming the new themes for them not getting new BIONICLE sets that year, same as happened with Hero Factory, which would really take a huge chunk out of the theme's potential appeal with BIONICLE fans.

If we get more constraction themes, it should be because the actual market for constraction themes has expanded. Which will probably happen if BIONICLE becomes wildly successful.

• Upvote 1