OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

*snip!*

Maybe some day Greg will be able to return to the original storyline, or at least give us some more story material in the same universe. As some people mentioned earlier, reformed Spherus Magna has great potential to be the perfect "blank canvas" for starting a clean new story arc.

Meanwhile I'm just going to pretend the reboot doesn't exist...

Welcome!

The thing about Spherus Magna that I didn't like was how it was almost too clean of a canvas. Most of the mysteries had been solved and the only way to do a successful continuation in my mind would have been to have at least done a time skip so that these characters could be distributed throughout this new world and become accustomed to those places. The main idea behind Spherus Magna was that this was a place for the future, and though there were still some stuff with the Great Beings and some things that could be made up to discover, there weren't enough mysteries of the past that could be unearthed and affect the present without feeling tacked on.

I could be wrong but that's just the way it feels inside of my head. The ending of Bionicle was made to be precisely that- the end. It finished off in such a way in that it didn't need to continue and had enough of the answers answered to allow it to go away.

And you should at least give the reboot a chance. It's only just started and could honestly turn out great. It's like trying a new flavor of ice cream! Just because it's different from what you know, doesn't mean it can't be similar and tasty! Strange similes are strange...

I was exaggerating a bit about my distaste for the reboot XD

I'm approaching it with an open mind, and I've been following all the news on it closely, but I can't say I'm feeling too optimistic.

As far as the OG storyline goes, I definitely didn't feel the kind of closure you did. I was an avid follower of the podcasts and serial side stories. When the cancellation cut them off mid-storyline (The Powers that Be, for example, was never finished), I was naturally a little upset. While the central storyline came to a peachy conclusion (Teridax is dead, Spherus Magna is reformed, era of peace incoming, etc.), I was mainly focused on all the other little conflicts going on.

Anyway, sorry for starting my forum reputation off on a salty note. I literally made my account 30 minutes ago so I'm not really oriented. I see this thread is pretty much devoted to talk about the reboot and its sets themselves right now, rather than speculation and reminiscence on the part of crusty old-schoolers like myself.

• Upvote 5

Yeah, as great as Bionicle is and as much as I love it, there is so much potential for other stories and applications for CCBS. Keeping constraction restrained to one theme all the time feels a little wasteful to me. Perhaps every three years or so, they can take a break off from one theme and try out another one, preferably one with a different tone/feel and concept. Some nice variety is nice.

I agree I'd like to see more constraction themes, but I think it would be a bad idea for BIONICLE to "take a break" to allow for that. If it did, then you'd see BIONICLE fans blaming the new themes for them not getting new BIONICLE sets that year, same as happened with Hero Factory, which would really take a huge chunk out of the theme's potential appeal with BIONICLE fans.

If we get more constraction themes, it should be because the actual market for constraction themes has expanded. Which will probably happen if BIONICLE becomes wildly successful.

Idk how another constraction would go. On one hand, I'd get more pieces to build with and modify my Bioncles with. On the other hand, my wallet is already really stretched as it is and I don't think I could afford anything else after buying all 7 Toa plus villain sets

Yeah, as great as Bionicle is and as much as I love it, there is so much potential for other stories and applications for CCBS. Keeping constraction restrained to one theme all the time feels a little wasteful to me. Perhaps every three years or so, they can take a break off from one theme and try out another one, preferably one with a different tone/feel and concept. Some nice variety is nice.

I agree I'd like to see more constraction themes, but I think it would be a bad idea for BIONICLE to "take a break" to allow for that. If it did, then you'd see BIONICLE fans blaming the new themes for them not getting new BIONICLE sets that year, same as happened with Hero Factory, which would really take a huge chunk out of the theme's potential appeal with BIONICLE fans.

If we get more constraction themes, it should be because the actual market for constraction themes has expanded. Which will probably happen if BIONICLE becomes wildly successful.

Idk how another constraction would go. On one hand, I'd get more pieces to build with and modify my Bioncles with. On the other hand, my wallet is already really stretched as it is and I don't think I could afford anything else after buying all 7 Toa plus villain sets

....There's a seventh Toa?

• Upvote 1

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Whoops, sorry, meant LoSS as the 7th set

There was always a seventh...

• Upvote 3

We anxiously await the One... Takanuva the Master of Light! We can only hope...

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Hm...I keep reading this topic and keep reading reviews and everything...I think I'm probably going to cave today and finally buy some Bionicle sets. I have around 55 dollars I'm willing to spend on them right now. I'm definitely getting Kopaka and Gali, but I'm not sure whether to pick up Lewa or PoW & PoI to go along with them...Usually the way I buy Bionicle sets (or at least it's how it was in Bionicle's later years) is I would buy a canister set and its corresponding small set at the same time. And I do want to get some Protectors, but...I'd also like to get a third Toa (And, well. Yay Wairuha). Or I could get PoJ and PoE, who are my favorite Protectors....oh, choices, choices. Pretty tough. According to Brickseek the Target near me has just about all the sets, except of course Gali and Onua. I guess if I can't find her at TRU I'll get Kopaka, PoI, Lewa, and PoJ. But I'd definitely like to get her, since she seems like the best out of the 15-dollar Toa. And of course just about all of them are tempting....drats. Well, I should get more money by next week. Hopefully I can pick up anything I don't buy today then.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

Picked up the Protectors of Ice, Jungle, and Earth today.  They're all pretty neat, especially the Protector of Earth.  I like the Protector of Jungle more than I initially thought, too.  But I moved back to school today and neglected to bring any limb pieces to give the Protector of Ice some elbows, so whoops.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Kopaka and Gali are both really nifty. I prefer Tahu, but they are really great. I hope you like them, Farmstink.

And BFahome, those are good. I placed a Bricklink order for pieces to improve some of the protectors.

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Okay, so after hearing that little tidbit about the Vahi only being "half a mask" (http://youtu.be/tgBXcQumBeQ?t=7m), I am now totally invested in seeing where this new storyline goes. That was enough to hook me.

Yippy skippy! I'm glad you are giving the new story a chance. Now I need a waffle.

Waffles are good with raw honey. 

I'm personally hoping that there is a connection between the two generations. A lot of people are saying there will not be, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Time travel would be an amazing aspect in the Bionicle universe. IMO, the story got really cool once they started doing inter-dimensional traveling, so I'm excited to see how that could work with time travel as well. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Well, time for some full thoughts (thought I should do so, since I haven't built CCBS before!) - 

First off... the packaging. Not bad! Certainly not canister level of awesome but they have a good shape and size to them. Of course, the CG renders are as beautiful as ever. Nice that they can be flattened and subsequently unflattened with ease and it's cool that they keep the instructions nice and intact.

Now... Like I said, I've never built with CCBS before, so this was a new experience for me (and I guess with the gear boxes, it still is a little more unique than another "Hero Factory"/"Ultra-build" for others) and I really enjoyed it. Snapping on the armour parts was actually pretty intuitive and satisfying. I did like how with most of these sets there were a lot of Technic components as well, which kept it fairly complex and well, technical. But man, these builds are very fun. Especially Tahu - I really enjoyed going through the instructions and seeing him come together.

The overall look of the sets are great as well. Very solid colour schemes (glad vibrant red, green and blue, and purple components have made a triumphant return!) and the aesthetic of the armour pieces and weapons really works.

The Protectors are actually really cool little guys. Fun (albeit) quick builds but very eloquently designed. I love the colour scheme and crossbow weapon for the Protector of Jungle, and the chest cannon and rotating shield for Protector of Earth. I was surprised by how many Technic parts both used. I have a kind of love/hate relationship with the launchers. On one hand they are original and fun - shooting those studs really works and man do they go flying. On the other hand, the studs are just so easy to lose! Not to mention trying to put one in the launcher at a bit of an angle might shoot out another one... right into your face. Shame that they share the same masks but the blend of trans-secondary colour with the primary colour really works and looks quite striking under a light.

Gali, Master of Water is a really good build for a medium set. The gearbox is super fun to build, and it works quite well with her regular trident weapon (her larger one is a bit problematic though). The mask is very nice (especially in gold!) and I really like the use of trans blue for the limb connectors. Not only that, but the weapon does look really cool, and the adrenaline mode is quite Gali Nuva-esque. My only gripes are the shoulder pads (I guess?) that don't have a very good degree of mobility and look like they just jut out unnecessarily instead of adding extra armour IMO. Solid set with good poseability.

Now Tahu - dang the Master of Fire is a beast! He only has two more pieces than Gali, yet his build felt a lot more extensive and fun. Might have to do with his more complicated gear system which, while works very well, has a few problems due to the use of the looser tan coloured rod (don't know what this part is called). I find his arms falling out quite a bit. Aesthetic-wise, Tahu is armoured just-right and looks really, really cool, and the shoulder armour (unlike Gali's) adds quite a bit to the overall look. The golden swords are really nice too, looking kind of like a scarf at some positions (or maybe wings!). I love the distribution of gold and trans-orange parts, and the Mask is really quite striking. His larger swords are very Lhikan-esque - with the gold mask you can easily say this set is Lhikan, the Master of Fire. xD Adrenaline mode is just as awesome as battle mode. I love that he has two swords no matter what! The friction extenders (?) on his legs add to his height considerably, but they make his legs very hard to move. It adds some much-needed stability to the upper portion but I feel they could have excluded the pieces attaching to his feet as it has caused me more grief than satisfaction.

New pieces are kind of hard to distinguish to me, but I have to say the new head is really nice. It looks a lot like the Metru variation but without the axle hole which was quite distracting IMO. The way the masks connect is actually more pleasing than I anticipated and out of all the gimmicks, I surprisingly found the mask ejecting the most fun. Seriously, I could do it all day (especially with the Toa, cause their masks go flying!). The addition of Skull Spiders isn't exactly memorable but does add conflict, which is a nice touch and they latch onto the hero characters faces pretty well. Plus, it gives good incentive to take some action shots of the Toa and Protector alike kicking some Spider butt. :P

Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about this years sets. I've said it before and I will say it again - these might very well be my favourite line-up of BIONICLE sets in the history of the franchise and with 10 years of sets preceding it, that's saying something. I was initially only going to get all the Toa, but I love the Protectors way too much and I have convinced myself to pick up the entire winter line including LoSS. Depending on how many sets are in the summer wave, I might just finish off the entire 2015 collection.

Expectations: Exceeded considerably!

(Here's the gallery if you want to see some more photos)

Also I will take comparison pics when I go visit my parents house - I don't have my entire Bionicle collection with me at this moment unfortunately. 

-NotS

• Upvote 5

tahubanner.jpg

Okay, so after hearing that little tidbit about the Vahi only being "half a mask" (http://youtu.be/tgBXcQumBeQ?t=7m), I am now totally invested in seeing where this new storyline goes. That was enough to hook me.

Yippy skippy! I'm glad you are giving the new story a chance. Now I need a waffle.

I'm personally hoping that there is a connection between the two generations. A lot of people are saying there will not be, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Time travel would be an amazing aspect in the Bionicle universe. IMO, the story got really cool once they started doing inter-dimensional traveling, so I'm excited to see how that could work with time travel as well. 

I know the convoluted-ness of G1 was why it was gotten rid of in the first place, but honestly I thrive on hyper-complex, overbuilt, convoluted multiverses than I can barely wrap my head around. I've got my fingers crossed for some mind-blowing, wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey continuity wormhole to connect the two generations.

I'll try not to get my hopes up too high, but hopefully there will be some storyline connection. That would be enough to make me happy.

• Upvote 1

I know the convoluted-ness of G1 was why it was gotten rid of in the first place, but honestly I thrive on hyper-complex, overbuilt, convoluted multiverses than I can barely wrap my head around. I've got my fingers crossed for some mind-blowing, wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey continuity wormhole to connect the two generations.

I'll try not to get my hopes up too high, but hopefully there will be some storyline connection. That would be enough to make me happy.

Well, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I kind of hope for that too! Maybe they'll just leave it ambiguous for the fans to decide. :) 

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Yeah, a lot of people get critical whenever they hear that people are hopeful that there might be a connection, but I honestly don't see why. I imagine it would probably be done in a way that doesn't really affect the current reboot universe in a huge way (ex. Vezon flying in and blowing stuff up is probably out) and just be there as a little egg for the old fans to dance around. If there isn't a connection, I doubt I'll be reading about dead Bionicle fans in the news. I trust the community is mature enough to not kill itself over something like that in its own rage.

Edited by Banana Gunz

Yeah, a lot of people get critical whenever they hear that people are hopeful that there might be a connection, but I honestly don't see why. I imagine it would probably be done in a way that doesn't really affect the current reboot universe in a huge way (ex. Vezon flying in and blowing stuff up is probably out) and just be there as a little egg for the old fans to dance around. If there isn't a connection, I doubt I'll be reading about dead Bionicle fans in the news. I trust the community is mature enough to not kill itself over something like that in its own rage.

That post kind of well, escalated. I don't think anyone really considered people offing themselves if it wasn't a continuation, just saying. 

But yeah, I kind of get tired of people getting critical over those who are hopeful for a connection, especially when they state it like they know everything (e.g "There is ABSOLUTELY no connection whatsoever, and never will be"). I mean, chances are that is true, but from what we know right now it's not out of the realm of possibility. Regardless, it's expected that some of those who followed the G1 story would like to see some kind of connection and there is a better way of telling them that this is expected to be a full-on reboot instead of harshly proclaiming that what they would like to see will never, ever happen no matter what.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

I don't mind the possibility of a connection, but if there is one I'd like it to be fairly subtle. Things like the Toa being time travelers after all their adventures in the old universe rub me the wrong way because they complicate things tremendously (why did all their masks and Lewa's element change? Why are their personalities slightly altered? Will regaining their memories alter their characterization? and so forth). I'd rather stick with them being new/alternate universe versions of the characters, even if the universes do turn out to be connected.

• Upvote 5

The vahi is half a mask because it covers half the face. It has nothing to do with the actual mask being in an incomplete state. I wish that dumb rumour from a misquoted NYCC moment would just die already.

Not that I don't trust what you are saying, but I'd like to hear where you got the Mask of Time information from? (unless you've already stated this, in that case I apologize for asking again) 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I suspect the sets I ordered will arrive tomorrow since according to Fedex they arrived at a facility that's 40 minutes from where I live.  It would be nice if the mask I bought off of bricklink would arrive too.

I ordered lots of Bionicle and Hero Factory pieces this afternoon to improve  some protectors, and other stuff. what mask did you order?

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

So I went to TRU with one intention only: to get Gali and Kopaka (and their Protectors but mainly those two)

So. They had everything except Gali and Kopaka...

:/

Kind of amazing, really.

Anyway yeah I went with plan B. Between TRU and Target I got Kopaka, Lewa, Protector of Ice, and Protector of Jungle. I haven't opened them yet, but man the packaging is pretty. It's not the first time I've seen it in person, but it still looks really great.

Hopefully next week I can find Gali (perhaps I'll look in the other TRU in town) and maybe get Onua too? I may just do that for the next couple of weeks. Get one $15 Toa, one $20 Toa, and their Protectors. And then at the end LoSS I guess because why not go the full way at that point. Who knows. Definitely looking forward to building the ones I got, though.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

I'm going to try to complete my Bionicle 2015 collection tomorrow by going to the Lego store closest to where I live. It's about a 25 minute drive from where I live, but I could use this time to get out of my house for a little bit. The sets I'm looking for are Gali, Onua, and the Protectors of Fire and Stone. I'm hoping the Lego Store I'm going to won't sold out of any of them when I get there. But on the off chance that it is, there is also a Toys R Us and Barns and Noble near it as well, so hopefully one of those stores has these sets in stock. :P

Edited by I Am A Walrus

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The vahi is half a mask because it covers half the face. It has nothing to do with the actual mask being in an incomplete state. I wish that dumb rumour from a misquoted NYCC moment would just die already.

Not that I don't trust what you are saying, but I'd like to hear where you got the Mask of Time information from? (unless you've already stated this, in that case I apologize for asking again) 

-NotS

Well, for one thing, I was there when TTV asked Jordan Paxton about the reboot. The question was along the lines of "will we see things from G1 in G2?" I think the intent was to find out if the two generations are linked storywise, but Jordan Paxton's job veers more into marketing and the NYCC event was a marketing event. He said (paraphrased) "remember in the first series, in a movie the character made the mask of time, but it was odd, it was only half of a mask? In the new series we will have a full version." TTV latched onto the quote (which was unfortunately not recorded by anyone, whereas the "it's a reboot, so put away any speculation, it's a reboot" was) in order to push the "it's a soft reboot, connected by the vahi!" idea, which is not what was said at all.

All that was said was that the original mask was different from the other masks because it was only half of a mask (which is obvious upon looking at it) and that G2 will have a mask of time that covers the whole face. Everything else is baseless speculation from a leading question and a fangroup known for wild speculation and outlandish theorizing.

• Upvote 8

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Having built the sets I got now, few comments.

The Protectors are so gosh-darned hard to pose. Such small proportions and such big weapons...tough. But they look really great, and small though they are, they feel very complete and very solid. As a whole I think the Protectors pull off their color schemes somewhat better than their respective masters. Of the two I got I think PoJ exemplifies that the most. He still has plenty of silver, but at his smaller scale the green and orange seem more prominent and the result is a pretty great color scheme. Probably my favorite colors out of all the new sets. Weapon is definitely ungainly, though. PoI is pretty cool all things said, though his lack of elbows is a pain. Mostly because adding elbows (even with the shortest bone possible) messes up the proportions. Pain in the butt I say. Still, he has a pretty nice color scheme (a bit plain, I guess) and interesting enough weapons.

The new gun fires disgustingly well and it's sickeningly versatile. Like it's mocking every past launcher with every round. I love it.

Lewa really surprised me. Maybe he just seems so good because he's the first set I built with the new gearbox, but dang he's pretty neat. The build itself is really unique and the placement of his arms and the gearbox make for some really weird proportions, but they fit really well. The colors are also a lot better than I was expecting. He seems overly grey in pictures, but in person although he certainly has his share of drab colors, the bright green is so dang bright. It stands out perfectly and I love it. I am a huge fan of bright colors and you really can't go much brighter than bright green. I love the color so much. I guess it would make sense since it's the solid counterpart to trans bright green (which is my favorite lego color of all time) But really, very nice colors. The end result, though....man is his neck area cramped. Can barely move a millimeter. Kind of a bummer, but I guess it's not the end of the world. Though I have to say I'm going to echo some of the criticism regarding the protruding ball joints from the torso piece. God those things are an eyesore. Luckily the Y-joint solution works wonderfully, and it gives the set even more substance.(at the expense of limiting that area's mobility even more....) The large gap between where the arms usually go and where they go in his build looks kinda eh in some angles, but it's not a big problem either. In any case, Lewa started out as my least favorite of the Toa, but I'm really very impressed with him.

Kopaka was my favorite from pictures, but in person I think he's not as exciting as I hoped. Guess I feel more strongly about a set that exceeds expectations (like Lewa) than one that simply meets them. His gearbox build is really pretty boring, I have to say. The rest of the figure is pretty great though. Love the color scheme overall, though I can't help but be bothered by that silver chest piece. I don't think it looks bad, but it's still kind of an odd color considering he has very little silver elsewhere. But switching it with a white one makes it look even weirder. biggest shrug. Other than that, though, I have no complaints on color. The gold looks fantastic. The weapons he has are a bit of a mixed bag. The spear is annoyingly short but does it job effectively. The shield is....wow, like. Cumbersome barely begins to cover it. I'm not a very big fan of the piece that makes up the shield (and Tahu's swords) it's really just obscenely big. And the way he holds it is kinda restrictive. But in the end he's a very cohesive set and the weapons manage to enhance that even with their shortcomings. He's a very cool set, though a bit of a weird one. The fact that he's so heavily armored and the small size of his mask make him seem smaller than he should. Compared to Lewa he appears out of proportion. It bugs the heck out of me, but whatever I guess. Hopefully when I get more sets the disparity becomes less of an issue. (maybe it's Lewa's mask that is big? I think that may be it, actually...)

I decided to leave the stickers off (a first for me. I don't think I've ever not applied stickers before....) since I don't really like the pattern and I don't think they'd really add anything to the set. Im perplexed as to why he has them in the first place.

Anyway, though I think I came across pretty critical of the sets, I really love them. They're not perfect, but then, nothing really is, and they come pretty dang close. I haven't really cared for contraction in years, but these sets are fantastic and they definitely pulled me back. I'm going to do my best to complete my collection as soon as possible.

Now if only I had some display space. Currently they're occupying an 8x8in area I managed to clear on one of my shelves but I really doubt that's going to accommodate any more sets (and they're kinda stealing some other stuff's spot in the first place). I'm probably going to have to buy another big shelf for new stuff. I've even been keeping my 2015 Chima stuff outside of my room too since I just don't have any space for it... Lego is releasing way too much stuff I want this year and it just started. Pain in the butt.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

-NotS

Well, for one thing, I was there when TTV asked Jordan Paxton about the reboot. The question was along the lines of "will we see things from G1 in G2?" I think the intent was to find out if the two generations are linked storywise, but Jordan Paxton's job veers more into marketing and the NYCC event was a marketing event. He said (paraphrased) "remember in the first series, in a movie the character made the mask of time, but it was odd, it was only half of a mask? In the new series we will have a full version." TTV latched onto the quote (which was unfortunately not recorded by anyone, whereas the "it's a reboot, so put away any speculation, it's a reboot" was) in order to push the "it's a soft reboot, connected by the vahi!" idea, which is not what was said at all.

All that was said was that the original mask was different from the other masks because it was only half of a mask (which is obvious upon looking at it) and that G2 will have a mask of time that covers the whole face. Everything else is baseless speculation from a leading question and a fangroup known for wild speculation and outlandish theorizing.

Salty bruh.

I mean, the thing is I wasn't there and I feel that it can largely be put up to interpretation. What Lego says and what they actually plan to do are very different things. We can't know what we can't see.

The way you say it, I think I can agree that it was a misinterpretation and that it's probably a complete reboot, but I remember hearing that there was some talk about Star Trek reboots or whatever, and that was always confusing. And even if it was a misinterpretation (probably was), Bionicle fans have every right to want something, even a small connection that doesn't affect things too much in the reboot universe. Look at it from whatever typical angry critical lens you want, but in the end it appeals and there's nothing wrong with wanting it.

• Upvote 6

I suspect the sets I ordered will arrive tomorrow since according to Fedex they arrived at a facility that's 40 minutes from where I live.  It would be nice if the mask I bought off of bricklink would arrive too.

I ordered lots of Bionicle and Hero Factory pieces this afternoon to improve  some protectors, and other stuff. what mask did you order?

Kualsi because I lost Iruni's Kualsi after I briefly used it on a MOC.

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

We anxiously await the One... Takanuva the Master of Light! We can only hope...

What about Takanuva... Toa of TIME???

Just watch, in 2022 or something there will be this big plot twist where it turns out the Okotoverse was created by the Vahi being damaged. (With Baterra, Velika, Red Star Matoran zombies, and the Golden-Skinned Being on the loose, who knows how that happened.) And then suddenly an interdimensional portal opens up and the Toa Nuva come through-

Or maybe they'll just have this easter egg moment where a silver-colored character suspiciously similar to Vezon shows up, hops into a portal, and disappears, all while the Toa Okoto are having some long conversation or something. :P

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I'm watching TTV's Gali set review and I'm trying to power through the cons.

It's very difficult.

I find the TTV review format bizarre. It seems like it would be much more natural to just go by section and list the pros and cons for that section (I.E. When talking about the color scheme, talk about both the good and bad). I do like how they show off the set in-hand though; as someone who has never seen Kardas in person, it's interesting seeing how the set works. 

OAFE's reviews for the old Bionicle toys were pretty good for a non-Lego fan perspective. Hoping they'll soon cover the newer sets. Jangbricks is also a pretty good review channel.

Edited by Latrodectus

It's very difficult.

I find the TTV review format bizarre. It seems like it would be much more natural to just go by section and list the pros and cons for that section (I.E. When talking about the color scheme, talk about both the good and bad). I do like how they show off the set in-hand though; as someone who has never seen Kardas in person, it's interesting seeing how the set works. 

OAFE's reviews for the old Bionicle toys were pretty good for a non-Lego fan perspective. Hoping they'll soon cover the newer sets. Jangbricks is also a pretty good review channel.

Eh...Jang's building montage annoys me to no end. He'll best served with TTV's reviews. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It's very difficult.

Eh...Jang's building montage annoys me to no end. He'll best served with TTV's reviews. 

That's funny. I love his little montage. Also, you guys might want to check out Rollout Reviews. He does this thing where he reads the Master's name in Spanish when it's actually French.  

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing