OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I saw someone use two half-wheels from the Baranus, put together with the pointy-bits facing each-other. It looks like a pretty cool stand.

Ha, it took me some recollection to figure out what the heck you meant. Then I realized you were talking about the wheels from Power Miners—the Baranus neither being their most prominent nor their first nor their most recent appearance.

In fact, I built stands like that—a whopping SEVEN of them. I brought them to Brick Universe last month and I'll probably be bringing them to BrickFair VA as well. They're still not at the state I'd like them (they're great stands, but I'm looking at making a "stand stand" for them just so that I don't have to line them all up evenly to display them). But they're a great solution for the stand problem, and as a bonus their Technic-based nature means that they look consistent with the Bionicle sets themselves.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I saw someone use two half-wheels from the Baranus, put together with the pointy-bits facing each-other. It looks like a pretty cool stand.

Ha, it took me some recollection to figure out what the heck you meant. Then I realized you were talking about the wheels from Power Miners—the Baranus neither being their most prominent nor their first nor their most recent appearance.

In fact, I built stands like that—a whopping SEVEN of them. I brought them to Brick Universe last month and I'll probably be bringing them to BrickFair VA as well. They're still not at the state I'd like them (they're great stands, but I'm looking at making a "stand stand" for them just so that I don't have to line them all up evenly to display them). But they're a great solution for the stand problem, and as a bonus their Technic-based nature means that they look consistent with the Bionicle sets themselves.

Bingo, you got it.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I will finally be receiving Tahu tomorrow, after waiting two months. Anyone have any tweaks? I've heard his shoulders are a bit iffy.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

My Tahu lost his right arm. I was actually surprised since it fit so well in there. However working the gear while he is hanging sideways with his right arm below him seems to slowly pull the arm from the socket...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Found another $10 Onua, this time at the Target in Bangor.  Bought it of course, along with the Protector of Stone.  Nothing particularly great about this one, but I'm slowly whittling away at my delusion that I won't collect this entire wave.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

well you have about the same size collection that I do. Though I have all my Protectors. Missing only Pohatu and Kopaka myself.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I'm currently only a Protector of Water and LoSS away from completing the entire Winter Wave. I've been having a hard time picking a favorite Toa, I actually feel bad when I give one more attention than the others. Hopefully I can pick out a favorite at some point though. XD

I'm not the only one that wishes the Toa could canonically use their elemental powers WITHOUT having need of their Golden Masks, right? I'm hoping that it just ends up being that they didn't have enough time to learn how to bring out their inner elements, so they had to get their Gold Masks to bypass that and be able to use them due to the given high stakes.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

I'm currently only a Protector of Water and LoSS away from completing the entire Winter Wave. I've been having a hard time picking a favorite Toa, I actually feel bad when I give one more attention than the others. Hopefully I can pick out a favorite at some point though. XD

I'm not the only one that wishes the Toa could canonically use their elemental powers WITHOUT having need of their Golden Masks, right? I'm hoping that it just ends up being that they didn't have enough time to learn how to bring out their inner elements, so they had to get their Gold Masks to bypass that and be able to use them due to the given high stakes.

Ignore the LoSS. I only keep it so I can display my skull spiders.

If I read the runes right, the golden masks need to be used to unlock something later on, maybe Ekimu's refuge? Perhaps the Toa will go back to appropriately colored masks in their next sets.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Recently acquired Onua, Gali, and Tahu. Love them to bits.
Got Onua when I went to my local LEGO store. Wanted to find Kopaka, but they were sold out. He flew off the shelves like.. hotcakes.

Onua's purple and gold really make him pop, and the hammer-to-claws thing is genius, but his mask is really loose (for mine anyway).

Gali's got to be my favorite medium-set of the wave, for a number of reasons. I fell in love with the mask the moment I had it in-hand, and the shaping, the armoring, the new lighter blue color... wonderful.

And, you know, Tahu.
MASTER. OF. FIYAAAH.

I saw the Easter-Heads Bionicle art on Facebook and Tahu's been posed holding the board that way a lot since then :P

I want LOSS for his parts, and I have PoS, so I figure Pohatu should be next on my list.. if I don't find a Protector of Ice first.

Bonkle's back WOO.

If I read the runes right, the golden masks need to be used to unlock something later on, maybe Ekimu's refuge? Perhaps the Toa will go back to appropriately colored masks in their next sets.

What runes are you referring to?

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Ignore the LoSS. I only keep it so I can display my skull spiders.

I actually like function over posability though. Figures that focus too much on posability often become hard to play with, which I've come across a lot when trying to play with the Toa. LoSS is pretty much a spiritual successor to the 2001 Rahi, so I'm really excited to get both him AND Skull Scorpio.  :D

It'd make sense for them to have to use the masks for SOMETHING other than just "POWAAAAH". 

• Upvote 1

In episode 01, where PoF tells Two-kua the legend. They brave trials, find their masks, and then at the end are shown placing the golden masks on pedastals... I might be remembering that wrong...

I have my Tahu, sitting with his Golden Mask of POWAA and holding his swords in the surfer's position. Took me a few minutes to get it right. I'm happy with the shoulders, when they're turned down against the arms and not left horizontal, and I've covered the back of his legs with some of the armour from CHI Fluminox. Adds to the flared impression on his lower legs without limiting posability.

In episode 01, where PoF tells Two-kua the legend. They brave trials, find their masks, and then at the end are shown placing the golden masks on pedastals... I might be remembering that wrong...

I have my Tahu, sitting with his Golden Mask of POWAA and holding his swords in the surfer's position. Took me a few minutes to get it right. I'm happy with the shoulders, when they're turned down against the arms and not left horizontal, and I've covered the back of his legs with some of the armour from CHI Fluminox. Adds to the flared impression on his lower legs without limiting posability.

The legend shows them finding the masks on pedestals and then wearing them in the following panel. I believe the pedestals are representative of the pedestals they actually found them on, not something they're supposed to put them on after using. At least that's how I see it.

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

Here's a new question; how do you position Tahu's 'antennae swords'?

I use the animations as a canon resource, therefore Tahu never has his twin gold swords folded down, and his shoulder pads are folded down. This is also why I'm going to change Ekimu's eyestalk to a blue, as that's what his official character depiction has in the animations, and I think it overall gives him personality (and doesn't get overshadowed by the color of his mask). I hope that Makuta gets his own trans purple eyestalk.. I'll be very disappointed if that isn't the case (then again, if you imagine him in set form with a trans-orange eyestalk, it looks pretty cool). 

Pre-MoUP Makuta might get a Trans-purple eyestalk.

MoUP-enchanted Makuta? Red all the way home.

I like that idea. It would give him a sort of "controlled" look to imply that the mask was the dominate force in the body. 

bZpOwEr

Red-red brainstalk? Or would it orange?

I don't think they'd make a new color specifically for one set, which is why I have my doubts about them actually making trans purple eye stalks. In my honest opinion, trans red would have looked more sinister and worked better as a whole for the summer villain color schemes, rather than the overdone trans orange that dominates most villain constraction sets up until new Bionicle.

Edit: I just noticed that the same two moons that appear in the animations as the Toa fall from the sky, appear in the background of Skull Grinder/Ekimu's box art.

I know this is kind of changing the subject, but I just want to say that as of March, I have all 13 sets, and they are amazing! I love the CCBS, I really love Bionicle coming back, and I especially love EVERYTHING ABOUT GEN2! Really, pardon me if I'm overenthusiastic, but it's true. I think the first 6 months of Gen2 have a much stronger start than the first 6 months of Gen1.

• Upvote 4

Im Kopaka and Gali short of having all the bigger sets. I'm not interested in the Protectors yet. The Toa Okoto look brilliant without the Power-Ups, even if I do switch then between Adrenaline and Battle mode too often to decide which I like better.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting Gali and PoW later this month. I'll be able to make the Bottom Feeder from the "Wildlife of Okoto" sets finally! Also, I just need Kopaka to make a Wairuha MOC.

Also, Episode 8 of BIONICLE: "You're too slow." -Lewa.

REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Lewa only has 2 speeds. Fast and way too fast.

Why walk when you can wind-fly? What do you mean-say that you can't wind-fly?

• Upvote 1

Real talk here: Thank GOD treespeak is gone. It was redundant and frankly, annoying as all Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6. I remember hearing somewhere that Greg hates it too, but by the time he replaced Cathy Hapka, it was too far into the story to retcon. Edited by Black Six

Someone said treespeak. I agree. I hate treespeak- which is why, in my Bionicle-themed English assessment I did last term, Lewa spoke as little as possible. :P On the subject of Lewa, I really don't like his voice in the animations; it's too deep, it feels more like a voice Pohatu would have. Ideally, Lewa would have a voice something more like he did in MoL.

VBWj75sh.png

Someone said treespeak. I agree. I hate treespeak- which is why, in my Bionicle-themed English assessment I did last term, Lewa spoke as little as possible. :P On the subject of Lewa, I really don't like his voice in the animations; it's too deep, it feels more like a voice Pohatu would have. Ideally, Lewa would have a voice something more like he did in MoL.

Well, you have to keep in mind that his voice will probably be exactly what LEGO wants if they hire individual voice-actors. Right now, we've got one guy, and he's doing a good job differentiating the characters so far, but I'd still like more actors.

Greg had way too much creative power. Old Bionicle pretty much became GREG BIONICLE instead of LEGO BIONICLE.

Annnyyywayyyy. I'm hoping that Bionicle gets some line exclusive shells (not cheap shell add-ons this time) considering that the LEGO Star Wars line gets exclusive shells. I mean, that's a constraction series that's probably only going to last as long as the Marvel and DC constraction lines lasted. Bionicle kind of got screwed over on that side... of course maybe we would have that if a lot of the budget wasn't blown on Golden Masks that didn't really need to happen and barely benefit the community at all.  :P

• Upvote 1

Real talk here: Thank GOD treespeak is gone. It was redundant and frankly, annoying as all Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6. I remember hearing somewhere that Greg hates it too, but by the time he replaced Cathy Hapka, it was too far into the story to retcon.

I liked it among the Le-Matoran, but it was a bit silly and annoying when coming from a Toa.

They did at least tone it down with Matau in the second film.

Edited by Black Six

Greg had way too much creative power. Old Bionicle pretty much became GREG BIONICLE instead of LEGO BIONICLE.

Annnyyywayyyy. I'm hoping that Bionicle gets some line exclusive shells (not cheap shell add-ons this time) considering that the LEGO Star Wars line gets exclusive shells. I mean, that's a constraction series that's probably only going to last as long as the Marvel and DC constraction lines lasted. Bionicle kind of got screwed over on that side... of course maybe we would have that if a lot of the budget wasn't blown on Golden Masks that didn't really need to happen and barely benefit the community at all.  :P

The Golden Masks... I don't think they blew the budget. They wanted to give out some awesome trophies, and this is the way they did it. Trust me, a company as big as LEGO knows what they're doing when they do something expensive. They've probably hired some of the best accountants and lawyers in all of Denmark.

When did Greg come into this? Also, he didn't have too much creative power. There was an entire team writing, he was the head writer, per se. As for the shell-add-ons, they weren't cheap little things. They're made to add more of a Bionicle feel. Also, look at the summer Bionicle sets. New shells.

Edited by Cwog

The Golden Masks... I don't think they blew the budget. They wanted to give out some awesome trophies, and this is the way they did it. Trust me, a company as big as LEGO knows what they're doing when they do something expensive. They've probably hired some of the best accountants and lawyers in all of Denmark.

When did Greg come into this? Also, he didn't have too much creative power. There was an entire team writing, he was the head writer, per se. As for the shell-add-ons, they weren't cheap little things. They're made to add more of a Bionicle feel. Also, look at the summer Bionicle sets. New shells.

There is only one new shell piece, and it's a torso that won't be used that much throughout the whole line without feeling redundant. I want a shell that has Bionicle aesthetics that can be used in any set they release and still add variety. Pretty much like the standard shells we have now but with designs unique to Bionicle that give the line identity within constraction but keep the CCBS and versatility. 

The golden masks probably barely made up a fraction of the theme's budget. The cost of those masks is almost purely materials-based: the engineering and tooling had already been done for the plastic molds, and unlike the actual parts in sets, they never needed to produce more than a single copy of each gold mask.

But keep trying to find new excuses for why "Bionicle deserves better". I'm sure that'll never get old.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Pffft. "Greg BIONICLE". This is going to spawn some fantastic artwork...