Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Omega

Omega decided to sit down for a little while. He watched Fang train furiously. He chuckled. Maybe they were more alike than they thought. Omega thought suddenly. 

IC: Whakatio

"Maybe he is researching. After all, the next assignment is coming up." Whakatio said.

Edited by VahkiDane

IC: Tube

"Is it? I can't wait! I wonder what it could be?"

IC: Fang

Each swing of his sword bit deep, both into the dummies and himself.

I knew Exxan would win Slash! He's not a coward. Slash! He's not weak. Slash! Slash! Slash! You're the weak one. Slash! Slash! Slash! You're the coward. Slash! You just call him that to hide it from yourself. Slash! Slash! Slash! You don't give him enough credit. He did beat you after all.

With another roar, Fang sliced through the remaining dummies, then back again, hacking those nearest to him into tiny pieces. He stood, breathing hard with the exertion. His sides were hurting again, but he didn't care. He looked down to see his feet covered by training dummy scraps, singed and broken. He was done, but he just stood there for a moment, catching his breath.

OOC: Fang open to interaction.

IC Vaalku

Exxan that imbecile. If he wanted anything actually resolved he would have handled it better. Even a Fikou is more advanced than that blubbering dolt.

Vaalku knew Exxan would report to Phogen, meaning more trouble. He knew nothing of what has happened, and the information he got was a scramble of mixed biases. It didn't help much. He slowly followed Exxan to his room. When he saw the door shut tight, he took out a scrap of paper and wrote on it:

I require a non-violent explanation of the occurrences following Phogen, you and Fang. If you wish to see me, meet me in the refectory.

He posted the sign on the door and decided to first check up on Fang, so he strolled down to the gym.

Omega watched. He gave an impressed whistle. He saw Vaalku come in. He gave a short nod but suddenly he felt tired. He realized that he had been walking around all day with an arrow wound in his head and an arrow in his back. He curled up and slept. And dreamed of his failures.

Whakatio chuckled. "Me neither. Last couple of assignments sounded fun." She took a potshot at a stray book that was simply standing up on a random shelf. It fell down easily.

IC Vaalku

Vaalku smiled(or at least he wanted to) when he saw Omega. Probably the only Rahk in the school so far that he actually liked. He walked over and saw an arrow sticking out of his back. Grabbing some of the training wrappings, he pulled out the arrow and began wrapping his wound.

Fang walked back to the entrance of the gym, Venom dragging behind. When he saw someone tending to Omega's wounds as he slept, Fang smiled. It was a genuine smile, not full of madness and exhaustion. He stifled a yawn. It had been a long day for all of them, and he should get to sleep too. But not until he saw Hoto.

Fang collapsed on a chair near the two. "I don't believe I ever caught your name."

"The first assignment was a little scary. Master caught his target in a very clever way. He told them they could work together, but as soon as they were alone, he struck, choking them as he dragged them to the Infirmary. But then his assassin caught up with him, and another Rahkshi wanted to fight too. I attacked the other Rahkshi, but they beat me and took me to their room. I guess they were confused at what happened, so they broke my spines to make me tell them. He was angry. But I still got back to Checkers in time to help him finish the assignment!"

Tube raised their glove at another book, but the shot went high and wide, embedding deep into a bookcase. They looked down as the spike reappeared in its place. "I meant to do that," they murmured.

Fang nodded. "Yes, of course. I apologize, it has been a long day. I've had a lot on my mind.

"Don't let me interrupt you. You are doing well." Fang nodded at the wrappings covering Omega.

"Really? Do you think so?" Tube looked up eagerly at Whakatio, then leaned up against her shoulder. "I like you. You're so nice. I'm sure we'll get along great!"

Tube's eyes caught to hole their spikes had made in Whakatio's armor. "Are you going to be okay?" they asked.

IC: Jayar

"Thanks. I'll come again sometime. Name's Jayar, by the way. You're Squid, right?" The Squirahk nodded. Jayar said goodbye and left the room. He wandered over to the Library and randomly grabbed a book. It turned out to be called 'How to Ruthlessly Crush an Opponent in Seven Easy Steps.' Jayar shook his head and put the book back before moving on and selecting a book entitled 'Diplomacy: A Better Form of War.' He sat down and began to read.

OOC: I know titles should be italicized but I'm on mobile so deal with it. Anyway Jayar open for interaction.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

OOC: Thornpiece's spikes return to the glove after being fired. And I'm on mobile too. I just know BBCode or whatever and I have a lot of patience. :P

Confident Vaalku was taking care of Omega, Fang stood to leave. "I'm stopping by the Infirmary to... visit an old friend. I can take Omega if you would like."

Tube looked down at their glove uncomfortably. "Did it hurt?"

Omega dreamed of himself. He dreamed of what he was. Pathetic. Useless. Pet. Slave. Puppet. Traitor. Stupid. Hated. He could feel Exxan laughing at him and the rest of Phogen's cabal beating him up. Pathetic. Useless. Pet. Slave. Puppet. Traitor. Stupid. Hated. Pathetic. Useless. Pet. Slave. Puppet. Traitor. Stupid. Hated. Pathetic. Useless. Pet. Slave. Puppet. Traitor. Stupid. Hated. Pathetic. Useless. Pet. Slave. Puppet. Traitor. Stupid. Hated. Pathetic. Useless. Pet. Slave. Puppet. Traitor. Stupid. Hated.

"I've felt worse." She grinned.

OOC: Just saying, but I think he needs to be taken to the infirmary. A few bandages won't really help him that much.

Edited by VahkiDane
  • Upvote 3

Fang looked skeptically at Vaalku. "He is injured fairly seriously. Are you sure bandages will be enough?"

Tube leaned over again. "I'm sorry. I hope we don't have to fight again. It was fun though."

OOC: Well, there you go. And apparently Omega has Fang's issues as well. No wonder they get along so well. :D

IC Dallior:

My kraata slithers away faster than a raging Gukko Bird, back to the safety of my Rahkshi armor. I hope I make it in time.

Edited by Dallior08

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Fang picked up the bulky Rahkshi of Magnetism. It wasn't going to be easy taking him all the way to the Infirmary, but Fang felt he owed it to Omega. He passed Raptor in the halls, giving him a quick, polite nod. He would have said more, but Omega was heavy. Somehow, finally meeting Exxan had left Fang in a good mood, and he still had a bit of a smile on his face as he walked by.

Fang finally reached the Infirmary and dumped Omega into a bed as carefully as his arms could manage. He turned to see the Rahkshi of Fear from earlier keeping a careful watch as Palma stood over Hoto. His face grew serious as he stood next to her. 

"Is she going to be alright?" He asked, his wide eyes never leaving Hoto.

IC Kat: that's disheartening. But I nod, and sit beside the bed. "Thanks, Palma."

OoC: Kat open for interaction.

IC Poly: my rapier stabs deep into the stone floor as the coward flees once more, this time back to his armor.

I fired a rhotuka, but Kraata are small targets, so it misses.

I wrench my weapon from the ground, and turn to face my opponent.

IC: Exxan. "I don't want authority. Honestly, I couldn't care less about crushing people. I want power for my own reasons. If I was Phogen's pawn, she would know those reasons, which she doesn't. Now, could you kindly stop throwing around misguided accusations and just calm down."

Phogen was far from deaf as she leaned against the walls of the refractory. She smiled, musing. Chess was an interesting sort of competition. Pawns rarely won the game. And the power of a queen could only be brought to bear with a bishop or rook there to pin the enemy and cover the queen. Satisfied, she decided to check on the new recruits. She trusted Kat to get Hoto to the infirmary, but Phogen was not one to trust blindly. He watched Fang storm out, saying nothing, but following the white knight down the hall with his eyes.

Cooly, he left his post and decided to pay Hoto a visit.

Fang picked up the bulky Rahkshi of Magnetism. It wasn't going to be easy taking him all the way to the Infirmary, but Fang felt he owed it to Omega. He passed Raptor in the halls, giving him a quick, polite nod. He would have said more, but Omega was heavy. Somehow, finally meeting Exxan had left Fang in a good mood, and he still had a bit of a smile on his face as he walked by.

Fang finally reached the Infirmary and dumped Omega into a bed as carefully as his arms could manage. He turned to see the Rahkshi of Fear from earlier keeping a careful watch as Palma stood over Hoto. His face grew serious as he stood next to her.

"Is she going to be alright?" He asked, his wide eyes never leaving Hoto.

Phogen appeared in the doorway, a small grouping of flowers in his hand. It was intended to woo the injured Rahk and show his genuine concern for the wellbeing of such an investment. He looked at Hoto and Fang for a moment, calculating. It appeared Hoto was taken already. Sometimes the best peace offerings are crimes of opportunity. With a sympathetic grimace and a nod to Kat, he walked over and handed the flowers out to Fang.

He said with a voice of genuine sympathy "Here. You could use these better than I." He managed a wry, sad smile.

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Fang stared at the flowers as if he'd never seen them before. Then he looked up, his face set in a cold, impassive stare. "Why do you care?" He spat. Exxan was dealt with, for now, but he wasn't in the mood for Phogen's pretentious schemes. If he was trying to get on Fang's good side, it was going to be a long, hard journey.

Fang stared at the flowers as if he'd never seen them before. Then he looked up, his face set in a cold, impassive stare. "Why do you care?" He spat. Exxan was dealt with, for now, but he wasn't in the mood for Phogen's pretentious schemes. If he was trying to get on Fang's good side, it was going to be a long, hard journey.

Phogen shrugged. "In case you lack to intelligence to pick up the obvious, Hoto likes you. And in case you lack the introspection to pick up the obvious, you like Hoto back. Believe it or not, I actually care about those who work for me, and Hoto is quickly proving to be an excellent employee." He looked to the Rahk lying on the bed. "You will obviously make her happy, and vice versa. And that is a process I think both of us wish to cultivate. If you want the help with that, I'm offering it, free of charge. If you would rather take the chance spit in my face, thats your prerogative."

Phogen held out the flowers to Fang, questioning with an eyebrow. "So, what will it be?"

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Kat: I sighed. "You two have terrible bedside manners, y'know. Save the argument for when we leave, okay?"

I took the liberty of plucking the bundle of flowers from Phogen, and set them on the Table beside the bed.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Fang stared at Phogen, gears turning in his head. "I will ignore your motives for now. For Hoto's sake. But when she wakes, I want you to leave her out of whatever you have planned. She's too trusting for her own good, and your act has her with you for now, but you do anything to hurt her, or push her into something she cannot do, and I will find you."

He found an empty seat and sat in it, his eyes still burning. But then he looked up at Hoto, and they softened just a little bit.

• Upvote 1

IC:

Siren groaned and got up. Well, she would have done, had she not been missing an arm, and fell on the side of the bed with a loud crash. After getting back up in an awkward position, she looked around and saw a Rahk sitting on a chair next to the blind Rahk.

Shame if she was injured further. Siren thought to herself.

She would have been a great warrior, despite being blind. Oh well.