Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC--Beat--Gym

"Yeah." Beat carefully avoided looking at her quarry any more directly, keeping up the appearance of focusing on the heating forge. "They're. ..bigger than I expected."

IC: Blade-Gym

Blade Nodded, before turning to his half a sword that was left,

Needs to be... Sharper...

Oh great, you're back.

Well at least I return with a good Idea!

He then Heated up the end of it, to soften the metal, then began hammering at it,

IC: Illusive - Causeway.

I dropped down off the pillar and approached the two Makuta warily. Questions buzzed in my mind - Who are they? What are they doing here? - But of course, I said nothing. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC--Beat--Gym

Once the shield and the remnants of the sword were both red hot, Beat used the tip of her axe to cut a patch from the sword, and then began to hammer it into place.

IC--Footwork--Ouside

Footwork flew back down into the abyss to search for the Rahkshi's weapon. He had just found a huge mace, close enough to where the suit had lain to be assumed his, when he felt it. The ground shook, the suns dimmed, and a terrible voice rang out: YOU. TAKE US TO TRIDAX.

There was only one sort of being in the universe with a presence like that. And, as far as Footwork knew, there was only one person up there for them to be addressing. He silently prayed that his companion would just leave the suit to him, and have the presence of mind not to talk back to a Makuta.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC Flabbergaster

"You. Take us to Tridax."

That was the kind of tone to rattle apart the regenerating walls of Corpus. Although Flabbergaster never shook, showed any sign of fear, or anger, he was dying of fright inside. Irony, being a fear Rahk.

He rotated and slowly stood. "Take the suit to Palma in a few." he whispered to Footwork. Then, in a tone of meekness, but servitude, he spoke back to the Makuta.

"Follow me."

Converting into flight mode, he almost showed he was too fat to get into the causeway, but barely pulled off the deception. He then flew down the halls at a reasonable pace, not looking back to see if the Makuta were on his trail.

He recognized Gorast off the bat; she fit the description he had heard many times before. Oh good heavens, two more of them. I doubt it's a peaceable mission.

IC: Mutant

The rahkshi walked down the hallways slowly, taking in the blank walls, feeling along them with her fingers, smelling them, testing their strength, hardness. She turned a corner, her hands scraping a gash in the wall, to see another rahkshi, wide as she was tall, coming down the halls. She walked out slightly further so she would be in the way, and stood her ground. She wanted to see what this other being like her would do.

OOC: That would be Tubbycustard Ghidora.

IC: Lucid / Infirmary

Well, they had gone to get the suit. She could probably leave, but having brought Sepulchral here she felt a certain degree of responsibility for his well-being, and would like to keep an eye on him. Make sure he was feeling okay when he woke up. Until then, though, she would just be waiting here.

...Hold on, was someone hiding behind that bed? That was interesting. Lucid glanced around furtively to try discern who she was hiding from, but there didn't seem anyone worthy to hide from present. She went over to the well-painted Rahk and, her stance so pointedly inconspicuous that it probably looked very conspicuous indeed, and whispered down to Rain, "Who are you hiding from?"

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Fang returned to the others again, and wandered back to Kat. "Still all clear. No sign of the Makuta returning," he whispered. "We are safe for now, but we should keep moving."

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

Despite her conviction that she would not fall asleep, her exhaustion had overcome her fear, and she was sitting against the tree, quietly dozing.

IC: Rain - Infirmary

She lost sight of Lucid for a moment as the room began to clear. Rain glanced around, trying to spot that horrid swirl of colors...

"Who are you hiding from?"

Rain staggered back, wincing as another shard of glass was tugged out with the movement. It was her, but there was no sign of recognition. She should have known. "Me?" Rain asked innocently as she straightened up with another wince. "I'm not hiding from anyone. I just... thought the floor would make it easier on Palma."

"I doubt it... There are still empty beds," Lucid pointed out, raising a skeptical eyebrow. "Though I'm sure the floor is happy you appreciate it." She didn't really think so, of course; again, the floor wasn't alive. But you had to humor those who were clearly a bit out there.

Then she fell silent and contemplative for a moment. Somewhere in her cloudy memory, she recognized that voice...

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 1

IC: Illusive - Hallways.

I continued following the defective, deformed Rahkshi and the two Makuta.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Flabbergaster

"Listen." He spat through clenched teeth, switching out of flight mode. "If you don't get out of the way they'll knock you aside. You really want to get killed?"

He glanced behind his shoulder to see the Makuta entering. Hopefully Mutant would see how powerful they were and step aside.

IC: Gaever / Gym

"Disarming me will be found more difficult," Gaever replied smugly. You'd have to literally remove her arm, after all.

She considered bringing her Plasma or Rhotuka into play, but she really wanted to keep their usage to a minimum. She was here to test her suit, not powers. And anyways, she wasn't likely to get more than a few useful hits out of them; by his coloration her opponent was a Rahkshi of Adaptation and would quickly acclimate to her blazing attacks, so she'd best save them until she really needed them.

So as Grim's hand enclosed around her arm moved to throw her (lucky for him those darn gauntlets were impervious to the blades on her forearms!), she jumped in the same direction he was pulling and swiveled, which indeed allowed Grim to send her flying but also ensured she would land on her back.

The action wasn't going to be without reciprocation, though. She hadn't let go of his arm just yet. As her descent began, she gave a vehement yank upon it before letting it slip from her hands, which would both unbalance him and keep her in range for her next attack. And as she landed gritting her teeth against the painful jolting impact, she kicked up at him with spring-loaded legs - a powerful blow, leveraged against the floor, which should send him flying across the room, should it connect.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

"Fine," Rain sighed as she flopped back onto the bed again, grimacing as the impact jarred her injured back.

Then Lucid fell silent, an astonishing and terrifying feat. She knows... Rain would have to leave now, injuries, scratches, and all, or she would have to stay for the revelation. "Er... thanks Palma, I... I'm feeling better already!" She tried to grin through the pain as she stood back up and began moving for the door.

IC: Xara - Forest.

I sat quietly in the shade of one of the trees, watching Sand chasing some unfortunate rodent through the undergrowth. It was peaceful out here, away from the Makuta and their schemes.

As much as I loved fighting, it was nice to take a break from all of the violence, at least for a little while. 

IC--Beat--Gym

The shield was almost fixed. Beat summoned a basin of water next to the forge as she finished hammering.

IC--Sepulchral--Infirmary

Some unidentifiable stimulus woke him. Perhaps it was the lessening of the pain to nearly tolerable levels. Perhaps it was the sensation of the soft bed beneath his vulnerable form. Perhaps both, or perhaps neither. Regardless, he was in no condition to be doing anything productive at the moment. He groaned and burrowed deeper into the pillow.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Holistic

(Refectory | With Shark)

I follow the stranger's gaze and see a strong Rahkshi, its armour black and gold. They appeared to be quite irate, judging by their facial expression and the fact that they just pushed a smaller Rahkshi out of their way. I turn to look at the person opposite me and ask "Is that a friend of yours?" Last time I asked such a question from someone, the 'friend' had attacked them. I can only hope it won't happen again.

Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Hold on," Lucid told Rain firmly, recognition finally dawning. "You're not fooling me with that disguise. I know who you are... Dervaki."

Well, so maybe she hadn't quite gotten it right yet.

IC: Shark / Refectory

"No," Shark replied flatly. "He just wants a spar with me." His voice, though certainly emotionless, might have somehow betrayed a quiet but deadly confidence that this was a very poor choice of goals for Karzfire. Or maybe you were imagining it.

Though looking at Shark, you had to agree that it probably was a very poor choice.

Rain visibly tensed as Lucid prepared to make her announcement, only to let it all out in one soft sigh. "Yeah, you caught me," Rain muttered. "Karzahni. You're too good."

She limped out the door, hoping to disappear before Lucid really figured it out.

IC: Rider

Rider woke up, breathing heavily. That dream was horrible. He felt his mind spinning, and his vision blurred. He turned round, to see HIM, again. He backed up against the wall, covering his eyes and sobbing. "NONONONONONO. YOU'RE DEAD, I.....YOU'RE DEAD!" Rider spluttered, tears dripping onto his knees.

IC: Acinaces (Random Dorm with not-Raptor and Rider)

"I don't know," I begin, putting my hands on Rider's shoulders in an attempt to steady him. "Come on," I continue gently. "If you want we could go see Palma, get you cleaned up, ask her if she knows where your buddy came from. D'you wanna do that?"

IC: Nymph (Library)

Derkahn drove away with the Jatikko.

Tough luck, I guess...

VBWj75sh.png

Dervaki didn't sound very disappointed that she had pierced its deception. Almost relieved. Maybe she was wrong, and it wasn't really Dervaki after all.

...Or maybe the shapeshifting menace was just being especially sneaky today!

Yes, that sounded more realistic. And she couldn't let it get away, lest it continue its villainous machinations. "Stop!" she called out after what only appeared to be a well-painted Rahkshi, racing to block her way out the door before she could make it out. "If you are Dervaki, then recoil at the sound of your Word of Undoing!" She paused a moment for dramatic flair, and then spoke the word which she apparently believed had the power to defeat Dervaki: "Balos!"

IC: Too slow Mutant. Should have heeded Flabbergaster's warnings. Despite the size of the albino he was forcefully thrown aside, slamming into the nearest wall by some gravitational warping, hitting the living rock with enough power to send cracks spiralling out from around his impact. That was probably Gorast's doing. She had a bit of a thing for slamming people into masonry ever since it had been done to her by some upstart nobody on Stelt. 

With Mutant out the way, Flabbergaster was free to lead them to Tridax's office. They built up quite the following as they moved. Tridax was rarely seen enough that Makuta were an unusual sight in the halls of Corpus Rahkshi. Two was unheard of. Upon reaching the Headmaster's office the Porters keeping watch over it did about as well as Mutant at halting the guests, the pair of warriors sweeping them aside like crumpled paper off a desk. The door opened at a single push from Icarax, fragments of splintered wood flying in the air suggesting the lock had been broken right out of its sockets.

Tridax. We will talk.

The Headmaster looked up from his current task, investigating the mind of Vitesse. He had been scouring her memories for all he could about the Matoran 'saboteurs'. A scowl darkened his face as he thought over the reasons that might have brought Icarax and Gorast here and found none of them to his liking. 

"And just what, might I ask, is this about?"

Your repeated failures. The Brotherhood is...displeased. Change is to be wrought to try and improve things.

"Failures! I have governed this facility as best I can given I have an army of destructive children to try and keep occupied! And half of those are freaks sent my way because the rest of you have no idea what do with them!"

The gathered students noticed Tridax grimaced every time Icarax spoke. The warlord was imposing, yes, but Tridax was no lightweight and his ego had proven a mighty buffer against most threats. It was unlike him to quail away from-

You say you have not failed. I say you have not succeeded and I see that as the same thing. You have not yet produced even one shadow kraata from the new breed, and have foolishly wasted several of their lives. What did you hope to accomplish sending them to Visorak?

At this point, the brighter students started to catch on when they noticed Icarax's mouth wasn't moving with his speech. He didn't seem to even have a mouth at all. Which meant he wasn't speaking, he was using telepathy. Of such volume and range that every one around could hear. It must have been deafening for Tridax. 

"I took precautions. Besides, if you want to talk about Visorak ask her why there're still hordes running loose ten years on from their mutiny!" He pointed an accusatory finger at Gorast.

"Two fewer hordes now, from what I hear," she replied, looking at the tip of Tridax's talon as though it were the most disgusting thing she had ever seen. At least she had the decency to speak normally. "So you wound up loosing us the spiders and loosing us the students. Good job."

Regardless. There was a ring of steel in that command. Icarax did not want them wandering off the point, clearly. You are to be stood down as Headmaster. I will be taking your place, as you are now demoted to Master of the Sciences. Hopefully that is a position from which you will actually be able to teach.

A smirk spread across Tridax's face like an oil slick, "I see. This is your punishment too, isn't it? Teridax didn't like you trying to seize the northern continent so he's taking you away from your armies and your maps and he's sticking you here." A scowl was the only answer, which was apparently all the confirmation Tridax needed. "I just don't understand why she came too unless you're planning to make her Professor of Never Thinking Ahead."

"No, I was just on my way here to deal with that spider problem you said you were having. Since thats a bust, thought I'd drop by and see my boys, catch up on how they're doing." She smiled, revealing entirely too many teeth in her mouth. "Besides, I think there may be a score or two to settle around here. Whichever one of you actually controls the silly robots now, do have them round up my progeny. I think its time for a little...family bonding."

• Upvote 6

7AOYGDJ.jpg