Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Era/Exxan - Library.

"Yes!" Era chimed happily, before reining in her emotions. "Sorry, just excited that I'm starting to get the hang of this. Although..." she turned to Exxan, "...you're the level three, aren't you? I suppose that makes it easier..." 

Exxan was momentarily baffled. Exactly how many blind Rahkshi were in this school? "Pleased to meet you, Era. I'm glad to see you found a friend." He was definitely going to have to talk with these two later on. "As for Phogen, I'm afraid I have no idea where she is." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: ninja edit: nevermind, the filter kicked in.

IC Kat: "Well, I salute your valiant efforts." I threw an ironic salute his way.

Then I noticed the small crowd of matoran behind him. 

Heavily armed matoran.

And boy, did they look displeased.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Jayar / The Library

Phogen missing? Good. Unless of course it was up to some devious plan.

Aloud Jayar held out his hand for the vacuum Rahkshi to shake and said, "Exxan. An honor to meet you in circumstances less embarrassing for me than last time."

OOC: last post for tonight

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Fang fell silent as Omega was found, thinking about what Kat said. Yes, it was a choice, it was his choice, and he was going to stand by it.

But it was quiet. Of course, the village would always be quiet at this hour, but there was something... threatening about it. He looked to Kat to ask for an explanation, and found her staring at a group of Matoran. Without any hesitation, Fang jumped up and ran inside the hut. "I need my sword now!" He demanded, already reaching for it.

IC: Hoto - Library

Hoto was puzzled. She had expected Phogen to be here, almost as if it were required. To have her not be here was... jarring. Still, she took the chance to share in Era's joy, all the while carefully listening for that quiet hum of Phogen's armor.

She turned back to Exxan. "What's going on? Have we missed anything?"

IC: Exxan/Era - Library.

"All you've missed was me trying, and failing, to humiliate that pest Omega," Exxan said bitterly, "Oh, and apparently most of these people actually listen to me when I tell them to be quiet. I'm sure you two appreciate that." 

"Excuse me," Era piped up, "but who is this Phogen you all keep talking about?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat: I held my hands out, palms open. Universal sign of harmlessness, and of wishing not to fight.

"Eaaaasy now. Let's not do anything rash."

NPC Matoran(inside shop)

"It's just as well I'm finished, then," the old man said, holding out the gleaming weapon which was now a milky silver color, polished and honed to a strong, sharp edge.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

"Phogen is a Rahkshi of Sonics who... well, she's smart. Really smart, and kind, and... he's never willing to step down from a fight, but she'll find a better way to do it. I guess I don't really know how to describe her. That doesn't quite do her justice, right Exxan? You just have to meet him, and you'll see what I mean."

Fang snatched the blade and ran out to Kat. There wasn't time to admire it just yet, he just hoped it worked. He held Veniom at the ready, but didn't ignite it yet. Let them make the first move, then regret it.

OOC: A small kindness does go quite a long way, doesn't it, Funky? :D

Fang stopped, glaring at the Matoran, daring him to try something. He searched for any faltering, any weakness, any indication that he could win this fight... but there was nothing. He was ready to charge in, Venom blazing, and stop all of them before they could hurt his friends. He was ready to be hit by the cannons. He was ready to die...

But he wasn't here to hurt the Matoran. He had been trying to help. So Venom fell, clattering against the ground as Fang raised his hands. "Please," he began, simply. "We are not here to cause damage. If there are any Rahkshi you would regret attacking, it would be us. I... I tried to help you in the last mission!"

"Yeah... that doesn't quite do justice to..." Exxan coughed, shuffled uncomfortably, "...Phogen... but it's a start."

"You're doing it again," Era pointed out to Hoto, "calling Phogen him and her. What's with that?" 

OOC: Not entirely sure if they would know Fang was trying, but we'll go with it.

"NO!" Fang pushed himself forward in front of them. "We are not your enemies! Any of us! What can we do to prove this to you?" 

He could feel the anger pushing up, readying his hands to release Plasma. It seemed so easy to just step forward and destroy the weapons before they could fire. But first, he would try to be nice. Getting angry could only make things worse.

"I... don't know. Phogen just... kind of... changes, I guess. It's hard to tell what gender he is at any time, so I just call her both." Exxan seemed nervous for some reason about Phogen. He must be wondering where she was.

IC: Exxan/Era.

"She's... different, I'll admit." Exxan said dismissively, "bottom line: she's not here, I don't know where she is." He really wanted to change the topic now. 

"Okay..." Era let it go. Hopefully she'd be able to make more sense of things if or when she met Phogen for herself. But there was one thing that caught her interest. Perhaps no one else had noticed it, but Exxan had referred to Phogen solely as female the entire time they'd been talking. 

• Upvote 1

Why weren't they listening? Why couldn't they ever listen? "PLEASE!" He shouted, but the launchers were already being brought around. "You don't..."

A flash. A Rhotuka span to through the air. If he dodged, it might hit Kat or Omega. Not that he even had the time. He threw himself into it, and the energy wrapped around him, burning hotter than anything he had experienced. Some kind of acid. He looked up to see Omega trying to fight them off. "GO! They'll kill you!"

He pushed himself up, gritting against the pain. Plasma slipped into his hands. At least I'll buy them time, he thought.

Hoto could sense Exxan's discomfort and remained silent. What was his deal?

Edited by Click

OOC: Ooh, a chance to use Scourge!

IC Kat: The disc shot toward me, and on instinct, I whipped Scourge out, sending it flying toward the disc, with my mental commands, it wrapped around the metal disc, and with a flick of my wrist, it was redirected into the ocean. 

My mind had kicked into military command.

"FORM UP!"

Fang watched them fly off, only turning back to the mob at another flash. They weren't going to let them just leave. Another disk was fired at Kat, and Fang was left to just wish he was level three so he could fire plasma and stop it. Instead, he ran over to the launcher and grabbed it with a white-hot hand, melting the mechanism and preventing it from launching. Other shots ricocheted off his armor, blasting with almost every power Fang knew of.

He spun to another Matoran and sealed their gun, but another one caught him with an explosive shot. He skid to a stop next to Venom, but he lacked the energy to even grab it. Everything hurt, so Fang did the last thing he could. He'd watched that other Rahkshi cover themself in plasma, then sink into the ground, but never had a chance to use it. Now, it might just save his life. With a last burst of energy, plasma erupted from every part of his armor, and he sank into the street. The Matoran stood back, afraid to touch him. As he continued to sink, darkness closed in around him, hopefully blocking the Matoran from reaching him... or just his broken body once again collapsing.

"Anyway, was there anything else you guys wanted to k-" Exxan began. 

"Yes." Era suddenly cut in. "What are we waiting for?" The question wasn't really directed at him. It was directed at everyone.

IC Kat: , they weren't with me. After we got out of here, we were so working on squad movement.

If we got out of here. 

Omega went down under a hail of discs and Rhotuka. Fang did, too, and melted himself into the ground. 

And then there was me. with Scourge, I could intercept just about anything. but en masse, I was steadily giving ground. I grabbed omega, slowly retreating to Fang's position.

Now I really wish we'd had some backup.

Or an extraction.

IC: Xara - Library.

Xara, still sitting on top of one of the bookshelves, watched with curiosity as the crowd quieted at Exxan's shouted command. It seemed his reputation was spreading quickly. The other students were beginning to respect him. Soon they would fear him, and then his transformation would be complete. Jealousy bubbled up inside her, but she pushed it down. She had nothing to fear from Exxan; they were on the same side. 

"For now..." 

IC Kat: Moving Scourge to my other hand, I pulled my own staff from my back, flicking it to it's ful length, and began whirling it in my hand. It was difficult maintaing the two weapons together, but someone had to get Fang out of the street, and that person needed cover.

"Omega! Get him up out of there, will ya?" I cried, discs still whizzing past as I did my damndest to keep them from hitting anything, most importantly us.

• Upvote 1

IC: Only when the mob in the library had been calmed did they hear a rhythmic tapping coming from the corridors. It didn't take long for it to, predictably, turn out to be Suvak, his metal leg clanking against the stone floor of the academy. The reason for his apparent lateness became obvious as soon as he entered, when streak of light formed in the walls of the library, following him when he kept going. He must have been delayed setting the effect up. As he came to the assembled horde the lights, which must have been molten rock beneath the solid skin of the walls, started collating behind him, steadily darkening as the magma cooled.

"Thus far you have been tested on many things," the Skakdi began, words keeping time with a metronomic clicking from somewhere in his cyborg components, "On your ingenuity, on your strength, on your leadership, on your ability to work as a team. This test will be one of raw intelligence, of perseverance, of your grasp of strategy." He paused and turned to the wall behind him, where the magma had solidified into obsidian or onyx. It looked like...

...well, it was a giant blackboard. 

As Suvak gestured at it, more lights flowed onto board, forming words and, in turn, sentences. 

"You will be given a series of five hypothetical scenarios. You are to pick two of those and write a short piece on what your actions and solution would be in such a situation. You are allowed to help each other in terms of doing the research and brainstorming ideas, but the submitted essay must be your work and your alone"

Behind him the five scenarios had fully formed on the blackboard:

You were part of Spiriah’s guard on Zakaz, and in the Revolution have been driven from his lab. You have with you one fellow Rahkshi, of the Power Scream genus and not possessing enhanced mental capabilities as you do, who has been heavily injured during the fight, to the point that they’re having trouble walking and cannot fly. What is your evacuation strategy?

You find yourself stationed in a small village in the northern continent with no reinforcements. A rogue horde of Keelerak Visorak begins attacking it and steadily abducting the Matoran. How do you, all alone, neutralise the swarm?

You have been captured by a Frostelus raiding party and are imprisoned upon one of their iceberg city-ships. Your prison is in the centre of the glacier, surrounded on all sides by the fearsome warriors. How do you escape and return to civilisation?

During the campaigns of the League of Six Kingdoms you find yourself responsible for defending the Tren Krom peninsula against an onslaught from Barraki Kalmah. With only a platoon of Suukorak at your disposal you must hold him at bay long enough for the Matoran refugees to flee south across the sea. How would you accomplish this?

An exiled Steltian prince has been acquiring power for himself in a distant land, using misinformation and charm to win an increasing number of followers to his cause. You have been commissioned to eliminate him, but not only does he have an impressive array of powers of his own (both formidable telekinesis and a Rhotuka that will steal another’s power for himself), he is sure to surround himself with the most fanatical of his followers at all times. What steps would you take to remove him?

"Any information you need can be found in the books around you. You just need to find it. Begin!"

OOC: Sorry for not posting earlier, yesterday was unexpectedly busy. Anyway, for this task you just need to pick any two of those questions and come up with a solution. In-universe this'll be a full essay but you only need do a paragraph or so. Just try to get some good detailing in there since otherwise Suvak'll call you on it

• Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Exxan/Era/Xara/Illusive - Library.

Up on the bookshelf, Xara thought things over. She'd already decided to go with the first of the five scenarios, but had yet to decide which of them would be her second. The solution seemed simple to her. Abandon the injured Rahkshi. He was dead weight, and not even one of the intelligent species. Worthless. But there was a niggling feeling in the back of her mind. What if it was Glass? She tried to push the thought aside: that wasn't what this was about. 

But the thought refused to go away, hanging over her like a shadow, even as she began to write down her answers.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Era found herself a table to sit down at. She was at a disadvantage since she couldn't read any of the books, or the questions themselves, nor could she write down her answers. Exxan had already agreed to help her all of those, assuring her that he would have plenty oftime to write his own answers while she thought things over. After being told what the scenarios were, Era let her senses dull, focusing on the situations, and not her surroundings. Across from Era, Exxan was already scribbling down his own answers; her fingertips could still feel the vibrations on the tabletop as quill scratched at paper. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Despite looking calm to the naked eye, Exxan mind was exploding with activity, taking into consideration the extent and limitations of his powers. He hadn't fully decided which of the hypothetical situations to go along with, but he had ideas for all of them.

The trick now was deciding which of those ideas was the best. 

Having no one to communicate with, Illusive sat alone, picking up a stone tablet and beginning to scratch his answers into the surface with his claws. He wasn't great with words, nor was he the best at coming up with plans without having Silencer to help him, but he had to try his best. 

IC Poly: Well.... that was different.

~disappointing~

Oh hush, not all our assignments have to be about fighting. We gotta exercise our brains once in a while.

I immediately started grabbing books, having vague ideas already formed on which two scenarios I would write on, and what my answers would be. I smiled to myself. Time to put my skills to good use.

OOC: Poly open for interaction.

Also, is there a deadline on this?