Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Bullseye, Toxin, and Stronghold

Bullseye and Toxin looked at each other regarding the question for number 4, then they looked at Stronghold, who was done. The three brothers understood each other and began laughing out loud earning some disdainful looks from others. Luckily, however, they were in the corner hidden behind some bookcases, so no one would know who they were.

Why were they laughing? Because the three had originated from the Tren Krom Peninsula, and knew about it's treacherous geography, the wildlife, and the sensitive hearing De-Matoran. Some of those Matoran were even friends, if only because they kept quiet around them. Even if they had only stayed there for a week they still knew a lot about the place. So the question was easy to them.

During the campaigns of the League of Six Kingdoms you find yourself responsible for defending the Tren Krom peninsula against an onslaught from Barraki Kalmah. With only a platoon of Suukorak at your disposal you must hold him at bay long enough for the Matoran refugees to flee south across the sea. How would you accomplish this?

Toxin did the following:

Since Suukorak are natural strategists, I'll be able to give them orders and they'll effectively do them. I would force the army through tricks and traps to go climb up the beautiful mountain slopes, which is the better alternative than going through the forests and past the acid falls. The mountains are also a good place for us since Suukorak like high places. Then by taking advantage of the higher ground, and the razor sharp crystals on the mountainside our squad will ambush the army with the help of the Suukorak's special Rhutoka abilities. Those traps by the electricity fields will be captured and executed and those who become paralyzed by the normal Rhotuka will be sliced and killed by falling on the crystals.

Bullseye did the following:

Since it is a fact that De-Matoran do not like noise, knowing that there will be a battle will entice them to get everyone else to leave quickly. The army will have to go through the forest to get over the mountains. Suukorak love to sneak attack and jumps at their opponents by hiding from cover. So with a few well-placed explosive traps to give the impression of throwing bombs, it will be easily to break the formation of Kalmah's army and have the Suukorak assault them as they try to run away. Any survivors will be captured, paralyzed, and thrown into the acid falls.

We both got messaged permission by Ultron. I would say the reason Omega leveled up was because he was not "serving" anyone, he was simply protecting his friends.

OOC: Well in your case its because you're our most prolific poster, bar none. I did say I would reward activity and contribution, and I meant it. Omega has been around since the beginning and you've been doing a lot with him, and l probably would have boosted him up along with the first three to level up if he hadn't failed at the assassination game. Think I held that against him a bit too much, to be honest.

With Fang its because he's been through a lot, done a lot, experienced a lot, and just recently got invested in a new skill: metallurgy. And Click's posts are always a good read, which works in his favour too. 

And yeah, I couldn't resist the narrative flow of the two of them levelling up just when they needed it most, just when they were on their last legs, just when their danger was direst. Its a classic trope, how could I not let it play out? :P

IC: Palma needed help from a couple of freshly-healed students to get both Omega and Kat onto beds. Not due to weight, but due to care; she wasn't sure how extensive their injuries were and wanted to make sure they suffered no further harm, so had them hoisted onto beds as gently as possible. The faceguards around Kats were cracked and splintered and Omega's back...well it was gone. The carapace had been blasted to smithereens by the fire he'd taken and his kraata was almost entirely exposed. The medical Rahkshi got to work fixing up their injuries, but there were limits to what even she could do. 

Omega had mentioned a Matoran attack, which couldn't be good. The Ghosts were a tricky sort but they knew their trade, and any weaponry they built was exceedingly lethal. There could be any kind of side-effects to the pair, some cunning poison or virus, or minute shrapnel designed to tear the tiny pathways of the body. She'd just have to discover that as she worked through them. 

Omega was first, as the one most in need of stabilising. She managed to hit him with enough power to fix up the damage to his armour, but she couldn't return his lost spines. He'd be stuck as bald unless he could fix replacements of his own. With him out of immediate danger, she turned to Kat, sealing up her torn head and faceplates. She took extra time with this to make sure there was no internal bleeding into the brain, as that would prove deadly if not dealt with. She carried on like this, alternating between the two, fixing up little things here and there then allowing a little time while she switched to see if her healing worked or needed more attention. It was like rebuilding a wall, you started at the foundations then patiently worked up, you couldn't just slap things on in the middle or throw everything together at once in a massive rush. She'd fix the two of them up, it would just take her time

• Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Chekquars (Library)

The Darkness Rahkshi just glanced over Punch/Wraith and nodded as she left, turning his attention to regard the group as a whole. His blood-red eyes skimmed over the crowd, noting who was done and who was still writing, and those not interested at all. Finding Tube looking quite lost and confused and leaning against a shelf wasn't entirely unsurprising, considering the mental nature of the assignment and the distinct.. lack of mental aptitude Tube had shown thus far. 

Stepping over to the Slowness Rahkshi, Chekquars spoke. 

"No luck with this assignment, dear minion?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Anubissium

"Do you think you might go back to the smith sometime soon, Fang?" Anubissium asked. "If so, could I come? Forging and making weapons is kind of interesting."

OOC: the fact that new skills may contribute to leveling up gives me extra incentive to do this. Abyssium post tomorrow, when I've written his essays.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC:

With Fang its because he's been through a lot, done a lot, experienced a lot, and just recently got invested in a new skill: metallurgy. And Click's posts are always a good read, which works in his favour too.
And yeah, I couldn't resist the narrative flow of the two of them levelling up just when they needed it most, just when they were on their last legs, just when their danger was direst. Its a classic trope, how could I not let it play out? :P

Aww, thanks Ultron. I've been trying to put a lot of thought into these characters, Fang especially. He's kind of odd to write, just because he's so... multifaceted. I hope he gets the chance to pursue metallurgy. It could be good for him.

That does make me feel bad Kat didn't level up though, but I guess she hasn't been through as much.

IC: Hoto - Library

Yes, that was right. She had heard about the Suukorak. Their powers were giving her some ideas, but she didn't quite have a full plan yet.

"What about Kalmah? What's he like?" Her voice was gaining confidence as she finally could put her mind to use.

IC: Tube - Library

Tube froze mid-smash as they heard Checker's voice. "Master? Oh, good! I don't know what to do. Could I just... help you with yours? I'd do anything you ask!"

Independent thought wasn't exactly their norm.

IC: Fang - Library

Fang lacked the energy to say much, but at the mention of the smith, his eyes burned brightly with excitement. "Hope so... Worried... he might not... be there."

Those Matoran were angry, and the kind old smith was harboring Rahkshi. Fang feared something might have happened. All of this from just a simple trip for disks.

Edited by Click

IC: Whakatio

Whakatio was planning to help Tube, since she decided not to participate in this assignment. "Tube, I could help you if you want."

IC: Rider

Rider had left the library a while back, seeing Fang walk in. He went to his dorm, to see a sorry message left by Bullseye. HE sighed and went to bed.

He chuckles and replies, with a hint of fondness in his voice.

"No need to fret, dear Tube, I have already completed the task set before me. It was, sadly, an independent assignment, and as such I took the time to do it myself. But, as that is behind me, do you have any intentions of trying to complete this assignment? Or would you prefer to simply relax or go elsewhere? I realize planning and plotting isn't your strong suit, so.."

He shrugs and smirks before continuing.

"..Whatever you prefer, dear minion. If you're fine not participating, we can stop by the Refectory to eat and perhaps scout out any potential recruits."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC Clockwork:

Inspired, Clockwork quickly went looking for a book on Doom Vipers.

IC Mar'jik:

Mar'jik smiled as he found a book called Visorak: A compendium on their skills, abilities, and weaknesses. Authored by Chirox. Edited by Tridax.

The Visorak are truly incredible creatures, capable of massive destruction, yet also having the intelligence to capture the most brilliant adversary.

"Hmm." Mar'jik thought. Flipping to the Suukorak page, he found a lot of arguing in the footnotes between Tridax and Chirox, but eventually found Powers.

paralyzing and electrical cage Rhotuka

Ability to convincingly fake death via slowing of bodily funtions

Resistance to cold

Webbing creation

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Illusive – Library.

You find yourself stationed in a small village in the northern continent with no reinforcements. A rogue horde of Keelerak Visorak begins attacking it and steadily abducting the Matoran. How do you, all alone, neutralise the swarm?

Illusive tapped a claw on the wooden top of the desk, before getting up and scanning one of the bookshelves, looking for his favourite section. Visorak had always been interesting to him, so he knew a thing or two. Unfortunately, he’d been busy of late, and he needed to refresh his memory. He quickly found the book he was looking for, and sat down at the desk once more, reading the section on Keelerak.

Keelerak are undisciplined and wild, and also the most unpredictable of all Visorak species, wanting to fight one moment, then disappearing to do something else the next. Members of this breed are known to become schemers, and have plotted in the past to overthrow the leaders of the Visorak Horde, and replace them with one of their own kind.

Interesting… If the Keelerak in this situation were steadily abducting the Matoran, that meant there was a driving force behind them. One of the swarm had to have taken charge, and was likely giving orders to the other Visorak. If that leader were removed… He started working on his response, scraping it roughly into the surface of the stone tablet with his claws.

Being a Rahkshi, I’m immune to Hordika venom. I’ll let myself be captured by the Visorak, then break free and destroy them at the source. If this rogue swarm is acting in an organised way, they must have a leader. If I kill the leader, they’ll probably return to being wild.

Satisfied, he moved on to his second chosen scenario.

During the campaigns of the League of Six Kingdoms you find yourself responsible for defending the Tren Krom peninsula against an onslaught from Barraki Kalmah. With only a platoon of Suukorak at your disposal you must hold him at bay long enough for the Matoran refugees to flee south across the sea. How would you accomplish this?

This one was easy. He quickly got up, finding an atlas that told him what he'd already half-remembered: the Tren Krom Peninsula was entirely inhospitable for an attacking force. Razor-sharp crystals, acid falls, mountainous terrain. It worked perfectly for the preferred hunting tactic of Suukorak, relying on sneak attacks and ambushes. Finally, he dug around for what little info he could find on the Barraki Kalmah. Knowing his enemy would prove invaluable in a situation like this one.

Once he’d found what he needed to know, he started writing.

We use the terrain to our advantage. The Suukorak can set ambushes all across the enemy front line, picking the attackers off one by one in order to slow their advance. At the same time, I will personally lead a small contingent to harass the enemy supply lines, slowing them even further. This should hold them long enough for the villagers to make their retreat.

Kalmah is also known to be callous and cruel. I imagine that he would keep blindly throwing more men at my forces until he gets what he wants. If my plans work, seeing more of their comrades being slain and their leader not seeming to care may serve to demoralise the enemy forces, maybe even making some of them turn agaisnt Kalmah.

He reread his answers, making small corrections here and there with quick scrapes from his claws, but was, overall, satisfied with his responses. He got to his feet and went up to the front of the room, depositing the stone tablet with the other responses. 

OOC: Two down, two to go. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Raptor

Raptor grinned. This was gonna be fun. Number five seemed the most interesting.

To take out the Steltian prince, I think using powerful, quick strikes would be the best shot- no pun intended. While other people will be trying all sorts of conniving and sly infiltration missions, a direct attack would be best. Why? Because the power combination of the prince grants the attacker, me, an awesome advantage. So his first power is telekinesis, and his second is the army of followers he’s surrounded with. The Rhotuka is another plus, but it really comes in later. The advantage is that these two powers are self-contradicting; If he tries to use his telekinesis, all the different minds around him will act as a sort of barrier, creating mental static in the prince’s head. Everything would be too scrambled for him to locate who’s attacking him. The attack itself? First off, I need gadgets, and they shouldn’t be too hard to create. Some self-destructing, stasis-generating automatons or the like. Nothing fancy. Have them at the ready just outside the range of the followers, as close as is safe. Then send ‘em in! Most of them won’t get close enough to the prince himself, but it’ll bring down most of his minions and leave him open. Another awesome thing is that this will generate so much panic, that the prince won’t be able to think at all! The downed fanatics, though incapacitated, will still be able to churn up some mental chaos. And when he’s not thinking straight, he most likely will fire an absorption Rhotuka at one of the automatons, and- BOOM! Self destructs himself. Even if that doesn’t happen, he’ll still be an easy picking for a small squad of Rahks.

Raptor snickered. If the next one was gonna be as fun, he was all for!

Edited by Gukko Lord

OOC: Third person because Kat is unconscious.

IC Kat-Infrimary:

Palma's work was masterful, it was a wonder that the Makuta didn't use quick healing Rahkshi exclusively.

As it was, the young Turahk was quickly healed up, wounds stirching themselves closed, shrapnel working their way out, blood vessals reforming, bringing color back to her face. All that remained after Palma was finished was a long scar over Kat's right eye.

Her breathing became more regular, and it was not long before she was resting peacefully.

OOC: If this is bunnying, let me know and I'll change it. Also hope the scar is okay.

IC: Jayar / The Library

"I don't have a book on him. Let me go get one." Jayar reentered the maze of bookshelves, homing in on a book about Kalmah. He grabbed it, and a book on Matoran craftsmanship. It was vital to an idea he had. He also went ahead and acquired a free sheets of paper and a quill.

Returning to the table, he deposited his gathering in the middle and flipped open the book detailing Kalmah to the table of contents, then the Traits section. "Here we are... 'Cold and ruthless,' 'excels at showing little emotion,'" Jayar read. He flipped back to the table of contents, then to the section on the composition of his army. "'Kalmah was unconcerned with what species his soldiers were. As a result, he amassed an army of most anyone he could hire,'" he read. "It goes on to mention Skakdi, rogue Toa, and many other obscure species. Even some Matoran." He could practically see Hoto thinking.

He was thinking as well, of course. He flipped open the book on the geography of the Northern Continent, then a section on the Tren Krom peninsula.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

OOC: That's a good idea to start learning skills. Bullseye only has enough knowledge in forging, crafting, and engineering right now to develop arrows, a boomerang, and a grapple gun. I plan to give him fire arrows (a more perfected version than the makeshift ones he used against Siren and exploding arrows.

I should actually get him to go to a forge and actually learn and create stuff. Hey Ultron, later after the assignment can I go get Bullseye those arrows? I'll explain in a PM about the details/amount.

IC: Bullseye

He determined everything he would need to take the Prince out. All he needed was a platoon of Vohtarak, as he found the Visorak very useful when doing his previous essay.

An exiled Steltian prince has been acquiring power for himself in a distant land, using misinformation and charm to win an increasing number of followers to his cause. You have been commissioned to eliminate him, but not only does he have an impressive array of powers of his own (both formidable telekinesis and a Rhotuka that will steal another’s power for himself), he is sure to surround himself with the most fanatical of his followers at all times. What steps would you take to remove him?

He wrote the following:

I would need a distraction first to distract the followers, which can be easily done by sending the platoon of Vohtarak to attack and make it seem like a wild Rahkshi attack. Their berserker charges and their aggressive assault will provide the perfect distraction for me to sneak past the battle and fire a barbed arrow at the Prince's neck while he's too busy trying to fend off what seems to be a wild Visorak attack. The Vohtarak will be able to handle the rest and kill the dying and bleeding Prince if he lasts that long.

IC: Toxin

You have been captured by a Frostelus raiding party and are imprisoned upon one of their iceberg city-ships. Your prison is in the centre of the glacier, surrounded on all sides by the fearsome warriors. How do you escape and return to civilisation?

He wrote the following:

Escape will take lots of stealth and lots of nauseous slime. I will escape first by ejecting my Kraata on the guard, nauseating him enough for him to not be able to walk properly allowing me to get the keys to escape. Then I will kill said guard and began my escape. As I go I will collect my slime, because if I were to encounter more Frostelus, I will sneakily get to the ceiling and dump my slime on them, as they nauseatingly try to figure out what happened I'll make my escape out to the surface. Then, I'll fly, making sure to avoid the incoming Rhotuka with some epic midair ninja skills.

OOC: One more character to go.

IC Shatter:

Having gotten his answer, Shatter sat down and began to write:

An exiled Steltian prince has been acquiring power for himself in a distant land, using misinformation and charm to win an increasing number of followers to his cause. You have been commissioned to eliminate him, but not only does he have an impressive array of powers of his own (both formidable telekinesis and a Rhotuka that will steal another’s power for himself), he is sure to surround himself with the most fanatical of his followers at all times. What steps would you take to remove him?

Using a sixth-stage Illusion Kraata in my pack, I will disquise myself as a young Steltian. Wearing a teleportation disk, I will also have a powerful explosive in my pack. I will go to the prince's castle and appeal to his pride by demanding to fight him in single combat, no powers. Due to my expertise with an obscure weapon, I will likely overpower him. When his crowd of followers attacks me, I will activate my teleportation disk. The sixth-stage kraata will set the bomb for one minute and find a  safe place as fast as possible.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Fang began to look around warily for his next target. Rider was on his way out as Fang walked in, but he couldn't talk to him yet. Something else had to be resolved first.

There, next to Suvak. Fang stood up suddenly, cringing a little as his injuries resisted. Still, he stumbled forward, wearily, painfully, but with purpose and a new confidence in each stride. He stopped and rested a hand at the nearest table, trying not to look like he'd been trampled by a Zivon. "Exxan," he called, "why don't we sit down?"

"Really? You could help me? I don't know though... maybe I should sit this one out. It's not as fun as breaking decorations." Tube's shoulders slumped, and they looked the very picture of disappointment and failure, but it wasn't long before they sprung up again, bright and cheerful. "I wonder if the Refectory has any Naming Day Specials left over?"

IC: Hoto - Library

"Thanks," she mumbled, lost in thought. So, cold and ruthless with a large variety of soldiers against tacticians that prefer surprise and entrapment? This could work. The pieces began to click into place in her head, and she could almost picture herself at the head, the chittering of Visorak behind her, and the march of a massive army in front. She could think about the next one later.

IC: Exxan/Era - Library

Era looked up, senses once more on full alert, hearing someone call Exxan's name. "Someone's looking for you." 

"I'll take care of this," he assured her, "give me a shout when you need me." He stalked over to where Fang stood. There was something... different about him. He looked like he'd just gone through karz and back, but there was something about his voice, and the way he held himself, that reminded Exxan of...

"Oh karz... you have got to be kidding me."  

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Clockwork:

Clockwork began to write.

[here was a complicated diagram of a pressurized Doom Viper gas sprayer that could be easily concealed]

I would first commission artisans to create a statue of this prince with the sprayer on a two-hour time-delay. Then I would go to his palace, asking him to ally with the Brotherhood and presenting him with the gift in a wrapped package as a token of my friendship. I would tell him to open it alone. Then I would leave. Eventually it would trigger, hopefully when he opens it. The highly-toxic venom should kill him instantly.

Fang grinned painfully and gestured to an empty chair, collapsing into the one across from it. "So, you noticed. You have... no need to fear. I'm... not here to... get in your way. Just... need answers." He laughed a little, coughing a bit of blood into a hand. "I doubt... I have the energy... to get mad... anyway.

"So... to business. I need... to know if... you or Phogen had... any hand in Rider or Bullseye... approaching me. Don't... bother lying. I may look... a little worse for wear,... but I've got some... new tricks." He held up a hand and a weak fountain of plasma spurt from it, dripping off and onto the table.

IC Mar'jik:

Having found his information, Mar'jik began to write.

I would have myself and ten Visorak captured. While in prison, I would have the spiders begin their slowing of bodily functions, and tell Kalmah that the spiders are succumbing to a fictional disease that is highly lethal and very contagious. When his rabble attempts to get the VIsorak out, that will be their cue to wake up and kill their movers in isolated places. They will then web the entirety of the prison cells, and break me out. They will mutate any guards that come in,  and I will leave as fast as possible while they continue infestation. The Hordika-mutated guards will cause enough distraction to delay Kalmah's forces significantly, and the rest of the Visorak and I will help evac the Matoran.

• Upvote 1

IC: Jayar / The Library

"No problem," he replied. It was a small difficulty compared to blindness.

He turned to his book, on the geography of the Tren Krom peninsula. It was quite hazardous, with acid falls, spikes, and the like. Clearly not a fun place to invade with a large, inflexible force such as Kalmah was likely to muster. The obvious solution was obvious and as such unappealing, at least unless Jayar could put a spin on it no one else had thought of, and that was unlikely.

No, he thought, the winning response would be an effective one that not only his competition had not conceived of, but the assignment's creator. Clearly Suvak had an answer in mind for each of these, but if one could develop a strategy even he had not perceived, it would be indeed impressive.

Of course, it was easier said than done. Jayar spread all three books - one on Visorak Suukorak, one on Kalmah, and one on the Tren Krom Peninsula - in front of him, and began to think.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Exxan - Library.

"I don't know who Rider and Bullseye even are," Exxan said honestly, "sure, everyone in the school seems to know my name, but the reverse is not true. I haven't seen Phogen since our last talk, and you know full well that spying isn't my style." This admission annoyed him more than anything. It would have been more relieving to know that Phogen had been spying on Fang. Because if she hadn't been, it meant people were seeking Fang out. "But, like I said," he added hastily, "I haven't seen Phogen in quite some time. I have no idea what she's been up to..." 

IC Shatter:

Shatter wrote his next essay.

You have been captured by a Frostelus raiding party and are imprisoned upon one of their iceberg city-ships. Your prison is in the centre of the glacier, surrounded on all sides by the fearsome warriors. How do you escape and return to civilisation?

The answer is absurdly simple. I will pretend to linger in my cell, building up Shattering energy. When I have enough, I will destroy my cell and  fly upwards until I am out of their range. I then fly away.

Shatter then clipped his previous one to the other and handed it in.

Using a sixth-stage Illusion Kraata in my pack, I will disquise myself as a young Steltian. Wearing a teleportation disk, I will also have a powerful explosive in my pack. I will go to the prince's castle and appeal to his pride by demanding to fight him in single combat, no powers. Due to my expertise with an obscure weapon, I will likely overpower him. When his crowd of followers attacks me, I will activate my teleportation disk. The sixth-stage kraata will set the bomb for one minute and find a  safe place as fast as possible.

OOC: BTW, Roman, Exxan knows nothing of my characters. Just so y'know. And I see that you know that yourself. Darn ninjas.

I also have begun referring to my first three characters Toxin, Bullseye, and Stronghold as "the Brothers" or "the Trinity."

IC: PunchCounterpunch/Library

"LEMME DO THIS! I know how to cheat!"

"Dude! No cheating!" He then realized that he said that aloud and hid to where his mentor was to avoid people from noticing him. The Brothers understood his predicament and kept silent.

"HAHAHAH! The look on your face was hilarious."

"Alright. I'll let you do the 5th question. Cheating and talking is more of your specialty, after all."

Counterpunch took control and wrote the following:

I would appeal to his cause, but challenge him to a sparring match. Fists vs. my special boxing gauntlets. I'll let him get the first hits, cuz' I'm nice. Then when he is getting tired, I'll swing the side of my gauntlet in front of his neck and eject the hidden blade making a clean cut through the neck. Now is the fun escaping part. I'll just use my dodge powers to avoid and perhaps kill some of his fanatics on my way out. Perhaps seeing the blood of their leader will convince them to give up their faith in him.

Punch took back control for the 1st scenario:

You were part of Spiriah’s guard on Zakaz, and in the Revolution have been driven from his lab. You have with you one fellow Rahkshi, of the Power Scream genus and not possessing enhanced mental capabilities as you do, who has been heavily injured during the fight, to the point that they’re having trouble walking and cannot fly. What is your evacuation strategy?

He wrote this:

I would get him to use his powers on a wall, perhaps forcing him by turning to Counterpunch. Then I'll take his Kraata out Then with my Dodge powers I would carry him in front and strap the armor to my back and fly away. At most the other suit will be more damaged than before, but both Kraata and suit will be okay.

OOC: OH YEAH! Finished. All characters have done their essays.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

He gives Tube another grin and motions for the door, speaking again.

"Sometimes you can play to your strengths, other times it's best just to move on and accept a setback. In this case, I would recommend setback followed by slightly more decent than usual slop."

The Darkness Rahkshi takes a step forward, then remembers something. He searches through his cloak for a few seconds, then pulls out a small metallic container. Chekquars stares at it for a second or two, grin growing larger, before bursting out in chuckles, shaking his head slightly. 

Whatever that tin was seemed to amuse him, for whatever reason. 

He turns back to Tube and Whak and roguishly grins at them, motioning for them to come. 

"If we are done here, then I have something that might be a bit more appealing than nutritional slop."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Xara – Library.

You find yourself stationed in a small village in the northern continent with no reinforcements. A rogue horde of Keelerak Visorak begins attacking it and steadily abducting the Matoran. How do you, all alone, neutralise the swarm?

Xara wasn’t much of a strategist, nor did she particularly care about Matoran. The scenario said her task was to neutralise the swarm, not protect the Matoran. The solution was simple: use the Matoran as bait. Fighting the Visorak themselves would be a little trickier. Keelerak were fast and agile, and their spinners were acidic. She needed to rob them of those advantages.

A cold smile spreading across her narrow face, Xara started writing.

I would gather all of the Matoran in one place, enclosed in the village’s largest structure. Sooner or later the Keelerak will come, and when they do, I’ll let them inside. As a level two Chain Lightning Rahkshi, I can electrically jolt anything that comes into contact with me. In the narrow confines of the building, the Visorak will be unable to effectively utilise their agility or their acidic spinners, allowing me to engage them in close combat.

Those that mange to strike me (unlikely) will be damaged by my electricity, allowing me to finish them off with ease. I will repeat the process until all of the Visorak are dead, or they give up and disperse. As my objective was to neutralise the swarm, I consider any Matoran who are injured or killed to be acceptable losses as collateral damage.

You were part of Spiriah’s guard on Zakaz, and in the Revolution have been driven from his lab. You have with you one fellow Rahkshi, of the Power Scream genus and not possessing enhanced mental capabilities as you do, who has been heavily injured during the fight, to the point that they’re having trouble walking and cannot fly. What is your evacuation strategy?

The question was very specific. What is your evacuation strategy? Without hesitation, she began writing her next response. 

Without trying to sound cruel or heartless, I’d have no choice but to leave the wounded Rahkshi behind. It’s a liability, and as an intelligent Rahkshi, I’m more valuable to the Brotherhood than it is. While I fly away, it can remain behind to cover my escape. This way, at least one of us will survive.

Xara rolled up the parchment, tied it with a pretty little ribbon, and scribbled her name on the outside. He dropped down from atop the bookshelf and headed up to the front of the room, leaving her completed submission with the others in front of Suvok. 

OOC: Three down, one to go. 

Fang nodded slowly. Spying was beneath Exxan, but it still left Phogen. Perhaps she considered him more of an adversary than he thought. He would still have to play safely, but that left one worry out of his mind.

"Thank you. Now... I had better... get to the Infirmary. Word of... advice: stay away... from Nynrah." Fang slowly eased himself up, pushing enough on Venom to drive the sharp tip into the floor. It was clear he was in a lot of pain, but he had to know straight from the source. He made a few faltering steps towards the door before collapsing onto the floor, too worn out to move any further. As much as he hated the idea, he needed help, and he looked around weakly to see who would offer it. Everyone nearby had some reason to hate him.

Tube eyed the container. Was that what Wraith had given master? Was it safe? They decided to ask. "What's in there?"

IC: Exxan/Illusive - Library.

Exxan hesitated. Part of him wanted to crush Fang here and now, destroy him before he changed his mind and became a major threat. But he couldn't bring himself to do it. Not here, in the middle of the library, with witnesses all around and Fang barely able to move. Exxan may have been cold and logical, but he wasn't coldhearted. He caught the attention of Illusive, who, for some strange reason, was on his own. "Take Fang to the infirmary, please." he told the mute Rahkshi, hoping he would agree to help.

Illusive hesitated, thinking things over. He remembered driving his claws into Fang's side, being more than willing to utterly destroy him if that meant he would stop attacking. He remembered the plasma Fang had splashed on his face, very nearly taking out one of his eyes. But Exxan hadn't steered him wrong yet. He nodded, and bent to pick up Fang. 

IC: Illusive/Exxan/Era - Library. 

Illusive looked ready to rip the head off of the Rahk who had slapped him, but Exxan intervened, placing a restraining hand on his shoulder. "Not worth starting a fight over," he told the mute. "Where's your brother?" He picked up a scrap of paper and handed it over for Illusive to write a reply. 

Injured. Sparring. Gym. Illusive scribbled quickly. Resting now. 

Exxan nodded. "Thanks for the help," he said gratefully. "I would have carried him myself, but I promised to help..." 

"Exxan, I think I'm ready!" he heard Era call out to him. 

"Tell your brother I hope he gets well soon," Exxan said to Illusive, before returning to Era. 

Illusive watched him go, then sat down once more, waiting to hear the results of the assignment. 

OOC: Illusive open for interaction. 

Fang looked up and would have started backwards if he had the energy. A Twin was leaning over him, perhaps ready to finish him off.

I suppose it is only right. Take them out when they're down. That could be the Rahkshi motto, right Exxan?

But he was surprised to feel them lifting him up. He looked over wearily at the reluctant face of the Twin. "Hey," he groaned. "I've... seen you... before."

Then Vaalku showed up, and Fang dumped his weight on the shorter Rahkshi. He tried to stand and make it easier, but his legs refused to cooperate, and Vaalku had to all but drag him to the Infirmary. He barely had enough strength to keep a grip on Venom. He couldn't lose it after all he'd been through.

When they got to the Infirmary, Fang looked down with relief to see Omega and Kat looking much better. Omega was missing some spines and they both had nasty scars, but they were lucky to still be breathing. "Have room... for one more?" He wheezed at Palma, trying to manage a grin.

IC: Bullseye/Library ---> Infirmary

He saw Fang and assumed from the reaction of what he presumed was Exxan, he had reached Level 3. He decided to be courteous and see if he was alright, but didn't know what to do. His brother Toxin shook his head, trying to discourage him from trying to talk with the one who accused him on the basis of paranoia.

"It's the right thing to do," he said.

He left his essays with Toxin, who was already finished as well, and went to the infirmary. However, he was afraid of going in. What if Fang got mad at him again? He might hurt himself even more. He took a breath and decided to take the risk.

He walked in.

OOC: DRAMA TIME!