Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Fang - Nynrah

"I may look... beat up," Fang called from a bed, "but my... audio receptors... work just fine. Come... on in." He couldn't even lift his head to see who it was, but it had to be Bullseye. "What Omega said... Ghosts aren't happy... with us right now... who can... blame 'em? Now... what about you?" Fang turned his head, trying to see Bullseye out of the corner of his eye.

IC: Anubissium

Anubissium saw Fang and Vaalku leave and decided to follow them, as she knew nobody else. They arrived at the infirmary, and few minutes later, Anubissium knocked on the door frame. "Mind if I come in?" she asked.

OOC:

For the visorak keelerak assignment I turned in, I will edit out the part about the safety of the Matoran when I can. I was thinking as a human and true personality of Anubissium, not as a Rahkshi and the cover personality of Anubissium.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Flash Rahkon

You find yourself stationed in a small village in the northern continent with no reinforcements. A rogue horde of Keelerak Visorak begins attacking it and steadily abducting the Matoran. How do you, all alone, neutralise the swarm?

Keelerak ... Keelerak ... Keelerak ... from these books, it was clear to Flash that this breed of Visorak was highly unpredictable, as well as some having rather strong ambitions. Had she been in such a situation, it would be rather improbable that she could neutralise the entire horde by her lonesome if she were to engage in combat (though it was possible she could deal quite a bit of damage to them). She would die.

However, if she could appeal to their ambitions, to provide assistance in their quest to achieve great power, then she could possibly prevent them from attacking the village, and redirect their attentions to elsewhere. After all, the Northern Continent was a terrible place for conquest or whatever plans the Keelerak may have. Icarax had made sure of that, after all.

Time to write though.

As a single Rahkshi of Teleportation, it is unlikely that I would be capable of completely neutralising the Keelerak assault, and my specialty in hit-and-run tactics will not be incredibly useful in delaying an enemy that is not heavily reliant on infrastructure. However, it must be noted that the Northern Continent is in ruins, and has been since the failed invasion of Makuta Icarax. As such, it would not be an overly attractive target for any would-be conqueror. I would attempt to appeal to the ambitious side of the horde, seeking to redirect them to an area other than the village I am stationed in. If they are seeking to become the most powerful of the hordes, stealing away Matoran in this village would be detrimental, as my presence means that the Brotherhood holds influence here - daring to go against the Makuta will lead in their destruction soon after. Yet if they wish to prove their might, Metru Nui to the north would be an attractive target. I would aim to convince them of doing what the grand horde failed and holding onto the City of Legends, which according to recent data merely holds a Turaga, six mutants and a powerful Rahi. Simple prey for the Keelerak. It would be far better to their interests to take a prestigious, yet highly undefended, island than intrude on Brotherhood territory. And with Metru Nui under control, their power would grow so much more. That would be the argument I would seek to make.

You have been captured by a Frostelus raiding party and are imprisoned upon one of their iceberg city-ships. Your prison is in the centre of the glacier, surrounded on all sides by the fearsome warriors. How do you escape and return to civilisation?

This would require constant application of her powers.

It is not within the capabilities of the Frostelus to nullify powers, so my access to teleportation will not be limited within the confines of the city-ship. In order to escape, I would likely need to exert it constantly and carefully, moving quickly throughout the iceberg without notifying any of the warriors. However, this is also incredibly difficult to pull off while the cityship is floating upon the seas. I will need to wait for the proper opportunity, such as when the residents of the iceberg are launching a raid on a coastal village, to escape. This reduces the amount of guards I may have to deal with, and upon exiting the cityship I will be able to reach land instead of finding myself surrounded by ocean.

Now it was time to hand it all in.

Edited by Purple God

IC Vector:

Vector began to think about what problem to do next. Deciding on one, he began to write.

You were part of Spiriah’s guard on Zakaz, and in the Revolution have been driven from his lab. You have with you one fellow Rahkshi, of the Power Scream genus and not possessing enhanced mental capabilities as you do, who has been heavily injured during the fight, to the point that they’re having trouble walking and cannot fly. What is your evacuation strategy?

We would hide in the lab, and use the resources to repair the fellow Rahkshi's armor. If that fails, we will construct a vehicle or transport to escape.

He then attached this to the other and handed it in.

An exiled Steltian prince has been acquiring power for himself in a distant land, using misinformation and charm to win an increasing number of followers to his cause. You have been commissioned to eliminate him, but not only does he have an impressive array of powers of his own (both formidable telekinesis and a Rhotuka that will steal another’s power for himself), he is sure to surround himself with the most fanatical of his followers at all times. What steps would you take to remove him?

I would first procure a few small explosive devices. Then I would place them in specific locations and set their fuses to seem like an air strike is happening near the Prince's chamber. Hopefully, this will cause him and/or his followers to leave the building. I will wait outside the building with a powerful air-gun armed with a poison dart. If the Prince is not there, I will order an awaiting task-force of Keelerak and Exo-Toa to storm his palace. While he dispatches them, I will speedily relocate to the position where they penetrated the defenses, and take him out there with a perfectly aimed shot.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Vector:

Noticing a rahk sitting alone at a table, Vector walked over. Sitting down, he said, "Hi."

OOC: That's you, Roman.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Illusive - Library.

Illusive looked up at the unexpected voice. He nodded in greeting. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Vector:

Vector tried something. He signed, in basic De-Matoran sign language, "My name is Vector"

IC: Illusive - Library.

Illusive and Silencer had developed their own personal sign language, but Illusive had also made an effort to learn the basics of the De-Matoran version. It gave him an advantage in actually being able to communicate with the Matoran. I am called Illusive, he signed back. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: On mobile for my last post.

IC: Bullseye

He walked in and looked at the three.

"Karz. It must've been brutal. I was alone for the whole time selling some of my Brakas jerky on my way back to the Academy and no one attacked me. And they got to Level 3, too. I guess it was somewhat worth it. If I or Stronghold were there, we could've helped by providing a perfect distraction." He thought about this. "How many Matoran were there?"

OOC: Also, assume that all my characters' essays have been turned in.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Fang - Infirmary

Fang stared at Omega's back guiltily. It was his fault. He had dragged them into this, but he wasn't going to be the one to break the news. He nodded at Anubissium before addressing Bullseye. "Didn't... count... Lots..."

It hurt. More than the Twins. More than the Lightblaster. Every part of him was either in excruciating pain or shutting down to preserve itself. He could feel consciousness slipping away, despite all of his attempts to hold onto it. Before he could go, he had to choke out one thing. "Bullseye... I'm... sorry."

And with that, Fang fell limp on the bed, ready to be tended to.

• Upvote 1

OOC: Might as well respond to this as well.

He sighed a breath of relief. He and Fang were equals...somewhat. He made sure Fang was unconscious before he begun to speak again in a sincere tone.
"Look. I'm going to say this on the assumption that you are asleep. I don't hate and you honestly still have my respect. I guess we encountered each other at the wrong time and things came out like that..." He trailed off, not knowing what else to say. He turned to Anubissium.
"So you're the Mata Nui worshipper," he whispered. "Your brother told me to look for you. My brothers and I want to join your group."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Era/Exxan/Xara – Library.

“You’ve decided what questions you’re answering?” Exxan asked, picking up another scrap of paper to write her answers down onto for her.

Era nodded, and told him. Exxan made sure to write down everything she said, exactly word for word. Her answers were pretty good, he had to admit.

You find yourself stationed in a small village in the northern continent with no reinforcements. A rogue horde of Keelerak Visorak begins attacking it and steadily abducting the Matoran. How do you, all alone, neutralise the swarm?

I would have the villagers hide together inside during the day, presenting a hard target to deter the spiders. I would let them go out only after dark, to lure the Visorak from hiding. In the dark, without their webs to properly communicate, the spiders would be at a disadvantage. On the other hand, I will be able to “see” just fine, allowing me to surprise attack the Visorak and pick them off one by one.

I would repeat the process each following night until there are no spiders remaining, or they chose to find easier prey elsewhere.

You have been captured by a Frostelus raiding party and are imprisoned upon one of their iceberg city-ships. Your prison is in the centre of the glacier, surrounded on all sides by the fearsome warriors. How do you escape and return to civilisation?

The interesting thing about ice is that it shatters very easily, when the right sort of technique is applied. If I’m imprisoned, it means the Frostelus do not intend to kill me, at least not straight away. This means I’ll have the time to explore my immediate surroundings and find suitable weak points within the structure of the glacier ship.

Once I find gaps in the ice, I can bounce low-frequency sound waves into them, causing the larger structure to resonate. Applying this effect in multiple places around me simultaneously should open up more cracks, allowing me to exploit larger weaknesses, eventually causing the glacier to break apart. This will either give me room to escape, or sink the iceberg altogether.

If it sinks, I will still be able to escape, since Rahkshi can hold their breath far longer than any Frostelus, and sound waves can travel better underwater, allowing me to turn my echolocation into sonar and navigate out of the wreckage. While this plan has its risks, I think it, if I had the time to implement it correctly, would be my best bet for escape.

“Not bad,” Exxan mused, handing her the paper, with her name written at the top. “I trust you can hand that in yourself.”

“Sure thing.” Era said. “Thanks for all of your help. Oh, and good luck.” She left him, and wandered up to the front of the room to hand in her assignment.

Exxan meanwhile, returned to his personal corner of the library and sat down. He didn’t pick up any books; instead he pulled out Blossom, turning the knife over in his hands, flicking it from one to the other, being careful not to set it off. All the while, though, he kept watch on the front of the room out the corner of his eye. He was waiting eagerly for Suvok’s word for when the assignment ended.

Perched high up on her bookshelf, Xara watched with disinterest as more students came and went, discussing their works, putting them up the front of the room, and so on. Like busy little Rahi insects, always scurrying from place to place. She leaned backwards, lying on her back and looking up at the ceiling. “Ugh…” she groaned, impatience already making itself felt. Now the waiting began.

Xara hated waiting.

Her assignment submitted, Era carefully navigated her way through the crowd until she found an empty seat at an unoccupied table. She already knew that the waiting was going to be the worst part of this entire assignment…

OOC: Finished! Xara, Era and Exxan open for interaction. 

IC: Era - Library.

Era felt a vibration run through the table as someone sat down. "Hello?" she asked, "Who's there?" 

"Unfortunately, yes, Omega. I'm not quite sure how to say this, but. . . your spines are gone. I guess they just couldn't be saved," Anubissium carefully told Omega.

Bullseye turned to her and said, "So you're the Mata Nui worshipper. Your brother told me to look for you. My brothers and I want to join your group." Anubissium panicked. Somehow, despite her many levels of secrets and personalities, someone had managed to guess her true nature! She started going back over the past few hours in her mind, trying to figure out what gave it away, when something else Bullseye said registered with her. "Wait, you said my brother? When'd you see him? Did he tell you that? What group? Do you know where he is now?" she asked rapid-fire.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Chekquars (Library)

He grins back at Tube before slipping closer to him and speaking in a hushed tone so only he and Whak could hear. 

"This, my dear minion, is one small, probably somewhat stale piece of cake. It had been apart of my original plan to capture my target in the assassination game, but as you know," The Darkness Rahkshi chuckles harshly and softly, "I had to improvise and adapt to eventually succeed in my task."

Chekquars steps back a bit and speaks again.

"I propose we wait here for a bit, and it Suvok hasn't announced a winner or made any sort of announcement, then we can leave and share this prize before returning later to hear the results."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC: Wait. I think the Mata Nui worshiping wasn't mentioned by Abyssium. Karz.

IC: Bullseye/Infirmary

"Whoa, whoa! One question at a time!"

I saw him with my younger brother Toxin as they both entered the library. He didn't tell me, but Toxin repeated word for word what he said, and that got me thinking. Why would anyone want to leave this wondrous academy built by the great Makuta?" he said that question sarcastically. "Because they want to sever ties with the Makuta, that's why. I just assumed that anyone who hates the Makuta are worshipers of the Great Being, but if it's true for you, I will gladly keep your secret. He created a group called the Abyss, and he is still currently in the library. I can go and take you to Toxin who can take you to him, if you like." He whispered.

IC: Toxin/Library ---> Infirmary

He wondered why his brother hadn't arrived yet from the infirmary. He essays already turned in, he went to the infirmary and walked in just in time to hear the whispered conversation between Anubissium and Bullseye, and was surprised to hear that she might be a Mata Nui worshiper. That wasn't important as she apparently wanted to find her brother Abyssium.

"No need to find me, brother," he said, "I'll go take her to Abyssium."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

OOC: I was kinda under the impression that no one would hear cause he was still whispering.

"Alright, you do that. But first..."

He sensed something was amiss. Fang was definitely not conscious and so was Kat with her injuries. That left...Omega, who was fully conscious. He walked up to him.

"You heard that didn't you," he whispered into his ear with a grave voice.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

He locked his steely gaze into Omega's eyes.

"Well? What do you think? Are you going to report that to Phogen or something like that? Because if you do..." He looked at Toxin who had a small pouch of slime guareenteed for 15 minutes of nausea.

"You don't want that do you. And don't think I won't know. I always have a way of finding the truth."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Abyssium

Abyssium went to a table and began to think and plan his responses. He would obviously answer the first one, his powers were excellent for it. Perhaps the fifth one as well? Ah, he'd cross that bridge when he came to it. Having figured out the first question, he began to write down his answer.

You were part of Spiriah’s guard on Zakaz, and in the Revolution have been driven from his lab. You have with you one fellow Rahkshi, of the Power Scream genus and not possessing enhanced mental capabilities as you do, who has been heavily injured during the fight, to the point that they’re having trouble walking and cannot fly. What is your evacuation strategy?

"I would hide myself and the Power Scream Rahk in the nearest ruins with a field of shadow. Rubble and ruin are bound to cast large shadows. When night falls, we will begin walking to the nearest coastline, still inside a field of shadow. If we have not reached the coast by the time dawn nears, we will hide in more ruins, again with a field of shadow. We continue this pattern until we reach the coastline, at which point I contact the Brotherhood and request an escape ship. We do not attack anybody at all, for that would spell our doom. In the event that we are found out, then I would try to fly the injured Rahkshi out. If the whole suit and Kraata weigh too much, I begin pulling the arms and legs off to loose weight while keeping the less-expendable parts. If push comes to shove, I abandon the injured suit and simply fly out, carrying the Power Scream Kraata."

Satisfied with the answer, Abyssium began thinking about the other scenarios. After some thought, he decided to answer the fourth scenario.

During the campaigns of the League of Six Kingdoms you find yourself responsible for defending the Tren Krom peninsula against an onslaught from Barraki Kalmah. With only a platoon of Suukorak at your disposal you must hold him at bay long enough for the Matoran refugees to flee south across the sea. How would you accomplish this?

"I would first direct the Suukorak that if they have a better idea of how to defeat Kalmah, to do so and defy my orders, as they know their powers, abilities, and strengths better than I do, and as tacticians, know better than I how to best apply them. I would then give them a basic skeleton of a plan: Do their best to force Kalmah's forces onto the mountains, where the air is thin and cold, where Suukorak prefer to live but where other species are affected negatively. I would attempt to recruit the De-Matoran to defend the valleys, playing on their sense of loyalty to their village and their love of quiet. I would tell them that if Kalmah were to take over, there would likely be no quiet, as we have allowed them to maintain. If they do not wish to fight, then I would direct slightly more than half of my Suukorak to defend the valleys, using their paralysis and stasis spinners and occasionally allowing the enemy to 'defeat' most of them when they have actually slowed their life processes. Once the enemy forces pass them, they would then revive and catch the enemy in a pincer movement. The Suukorak in the mountains would use the same tactics, in addition to using the stasis fields to hold enemies over cliffs then deactivate them, leaving the enemy soldier to fall to his doom."

Satisfied with his answers, Abyssium got up and handed the paper in to Suvak, hoping he did well.

OOC:
Abyssium open for interaction.

"My thanks, Toxin," Anubissium said as she heard Bullseye threatening Omega. "Hey, now. While I appreciate your threatening him on my behalf, there is no need for that. I'm sure Omega wouldn't betray me, would you Omega?" she asked. "However, if you do. . ." she trailed off, unholstering and examining her capacitor gun. "Volts don't kill, it's amperage that kills. Get the drift?" she asked menacingly.

OOC:
Basically saying she trusts Omega but can deal with him in the (to her, at least) unlikely event that he does betray her.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Toxin

"Let's go," he said to Anubissium, "Hopefully we can catch up to him before he finishes and decides to leave."

"And don't forget. I can try and kill you now...Or at least cause enough brain damage for you to not be able to remember this conversation."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Omega

Omega laughed quite a bit. They didn't know. "What? You're gonna gently nauseat me? Don't worry, even if I told Phogen she wouldn't believe me." He coughed, staring right back at Bullseye. "Spy." He said back to Anubbyssium, grinning. He wasn't in a great mood to be honest.

Edited by VahkiDane

"Alright, lead the way, Toxin," Anubissium said as she holstered her capacitor gun.

OOC:
What about Anubissium's threat thingy to Omega? Did he not hear her?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Hoto - Library

At last, she had it. Hoto looked over to Jayar and quietly asked, "Could you... help me write it up?"

Though her speech was quiet, there was a hint of confidence and excitement behind it. She could do this. It could work. That only left the other scenario: the assassination.

IC: Tube - Library

"Cake?!" Tube squeaked out before they could stop themself. They clapped both hands over their mouth and looked around to see if anyone heard. It looked like most Rahkshi were too busy with the assignment to pay attention to the obnoxious minion. They let their hands fall and leaned in to speak in a quieter voice. "What's 'cake?'"

Edited by Click

IC: (Snake)

After some consideration, Snake decided to choose the following scenario first:

Snake frowned...there was one obvious solution, but Snake still felt bad about choosing it.

Why? You won't actually have to be in a similar situation.

How do you know? At some point, you may have to choose between a friend's life and your own.

We're rahks. The closest things we have are allies.

Snake began to write:

The only logical solution would be to leave the other rahkshi behind. This is because if their condition is that bad, they will likely not survive anyway, or will, but will have to have a new suit created. Because of this, it would be more efficient for the Brotherhood to simply create a new rahk to take it's place. Carrying the suit back as I fly away will slow me down a lot, while carrying the kraata alone will likely damage it. At best, it could be used as a distraction while I escape unseen. I would tell it to Scream at any attackers it encounters after I have left.

Because of all this, I fly away, leaving the injured rahkshi.

Snake sighed, and began to start the next piece.

Kathok

He knew exactly what he was trying to imply, he took the pouch from Toxin.

"The nausea's so you don't feel my cold fingers running through your kraata. And Fang learned that I wasn't a spy. I was telling the truth that I didn't know Exxan and he didn't know me. And Fang found out."

IC: Toxin/Infirmary ---> Library

He led her to the library and found Abyssium.

"Hey, friend. I think you might want to say hi to your sister."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17