Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Xara - Dorms.

Xara looked up at the sound of Mahrika's voice, just in time to avoid having Vir's door shut in her face. "What do you want?" 

IC: Era - Refectory. 

"This was deliberate, though. It wasn't an experiment. It was deliberate cruelty. They expected me to suffer." 

She hated them. All of them. But one day, she would prove them wrong. The tables would turn, and she'd be the one making them suffer. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Hoto - Refectory

Hoto backed up a bit as Era's voice turned bitter. She'd long since given up being angry at the Rahkshi she traveled with, or even the Makuta that hatched her. It didn't make it hurt any less, but she couldn't do anything about it anyway. It was clear Era still suffered for this. Hoto decided to drop the whole "my life is worse than yours" argument, and tried to be a little kinder.

"Hey," she began gently, "at least you got the chance to prove them wrong. If they crushed you then and there, they would never know. You would be just another broken Kraata, not worth keeping alive. But now, you get to show them you are worth something. We'll make sure of that. You need anything, from directions to the Dorms to taking on a Makuta, let me know. I don't want to sit by the side and watch."

The Matoran she met always had a little thing they did to show friendship or unity. Hoto held out a fist, hoping Era could recognize it. She didn't care if the Makuta would be angry about some Mata Nui promoting gesture. Right now, Era just needed a friend.

"Prove them wrong?" Era laughed bitterly, "Oh, I intend to." She noticed Hoto move her arm, holding out a fist. "What are you doing?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Of course she wouldn't recognize it. "It's... uh... a Matoran thing. I picked it up when I walked through some of their villages. They bang their fists together. It's to show... friendship... or something."

"I don't see how punching each other's hands shows friendship..." Era admitted, "...seems kind of violent." 

Hoto set her hand down. "Yeah, I guess you're right. You don't have to, I just thought..."

These are Rahkshi, not Matoran. You shouldn't expect them to know that.

"I don't think wacky hands signs are really needed to show that you're friends with someone," Era continued, "kind words are enough." 

IC Kat: it occurred to me that now, of ever was as good a time as any to bring Hoto to see Fang.

"Keep an eye on him for me, huh?" I said to Omega, walking out.

P

Now, where to find my clicking red friend.....

I wandered by the Library and peeked in, but she was nowhere to be found. Looked like the assignment was an essay of some kind. That was unexpected.

Any way.

It wasn't until I stepped into the Refectory that I saw the red and silver menace.

"Hoto!" I called out, walking over.

Ic: Hashan

Hashan was about to join the party when everyone left. He let out a small sigh and then looked around the library. He got up and walked over to the section on Visorak and picked out a book and started to read.

Ic: Siren

Siren let out a small chuckle and went back to waiting.

Ic: Rotary

Rotary had just arrived and was in his dorm when he heard a rather large amount of crashing and shouting. It sounded like fun and so he looked outside to see multiple Rahkshi kicking down doors and shouting to each other. If this Wales a daily occurrence then this place would be great! He ducked his head back in his dorm and waited on his bed like a small matoran waiting for naming day.

Ooc: everyone is open for interactio.n

IC: Xara - Dormitory Wing

"Well, I can't hear any shouting..." Xara noted, "...have you tried looking in the infirmary? I think that's where he told Exxan he was going after their last chat in the library. Oh yeah, Fang a level three now, in case you hadn't heard." 

• Upvote 1

IC: Palma gave Bullseye a look like a lemon, a little bit sour and very sharp. 

"I have actual important work to be doing here. Worrying about one arrow is not high on my list of priorities."

By now she had fixed up Fang (how many times had that one ended up in here over these last few days?) enough that he was in the clear. The healing would have exhausted him a little, regenerating that much armour and tissue wasn't easy, but a meal or two at the Refectory should sort that out. That just left Deadeye.

"Have you been doing the exercises I talked to you about?" she asked, walking over to the psychotic Rahksh

IC: Suvak kept going with the essays, reaching Illusive's answer.

Being a Rahkshi, I’m immune to Hordika venom. I’ll let myself be captured by the Visorak, then break free and destroy them at the source. If this rogue swarm is acting in an organised way, they must have a leader. If I kill the leader, they’ll probably return to being wild.

Showed knowledge of how a Visorak swarm generally operated in the end goal of taking out a leader, but neglected to take into account what would happen next. The swarm would not just go away because their command had been killed, they stay in the region and continue to harass the populace.

We use the terrain to our advantage. The Suukorak can set ambushes all across the enemy front line, picking the attackers off one by one in order to slow their advance. At the same time, I will personally lead a small contingent to harass the enemy supply lines, slowing them even further. This should hold them long enough for the villagers to make their retreat.

Kalmah is also known to be callous and cruel. I imagine that he would keep blindly throwing more men at my forces until he gets what he wants. If my plans work, seeing more of their comrades being slain and their leader not seeming to care may serve to demoralise the enemy forces, maybe even making some of them turn agaisnt Kalmah.

Another competent answer for this scenario. It even anticipated a possible outcome of the guerrilla tactics upon the invading troops. Good use of strategy and psychology.

Since it is a fact that De-Matoran do not like noise, knowing that there will be a battle will entice them to get everyone else to leave quickly. The army will have to go through the forest to get over the mountains. Suukorak love to sneak attack and jumps at their opponents by hiding from cover. So with a few well-placed explosive traps to give the impression of throwing bombs, it will be easily to break the formation of Kalmah's army and have the Suukorak assault them as they try to run away. Any survivors will be captured, paralyzed, and thrown into the acid falls.

Trying to quickly disrupt the army with a hammer blow at the very start was an admirable tactic, demonstrating a pragmatic style of seeing things, but its actual effectiveness was questionable. If the army felt it was under attack it was more likely to take up defensive formations, not flee into a forest. The armies of the Barraki had conquered most of the known universe, they were not to be underestimated.

I would need a distraction first to distract the followers, which can be easily done by sending the platoon of Vohtarak to attack and make it seem like a wild Rahkshi attack. Their berserker charges and their aggressive assault will provide the perfect distraction for me to sneak past the battle and fire a barbed arrow at the Prince's neck while he's too busy trying to fend off what seems to be a wild Visorak attack. The Vohtarak will be able to handle the rest and kill the dying and bleeding Prince if he lasts that long.

The theory was sound, using a battle to both draw out the prince and keep his bodyguards and retainers too busy to protect him. Likewise the methodology, keeping a long distance and striking unseen and unknown to prevent the target using his powers. The only question was whether the Visorak could hold long enough to actually keep the prince occupied or whether even their berserker rush would be overcome by the defences. More thought needed to be put into the distraction and the way it would attack.

Since Suukorak are natural strategists, I'll be able to give them orders and they'll effectively do them. I would force the army through tricks and traps to go climb up the beautiful mountain slopes, which is the better alternative than going through the forests and past the acid falls. The mountains are also a good place for us since Suukorak like high places. Then by taking advantage of the higher ground, and the razor sharp crystals on the mountainside our squad will ambush the army with the help of the Suukorak's special Rhutoka abilities. Those traps by the electricity fields will be captured and executed and those who become paralyzed by the normal Rhotuka will be sliced and killed by falling on the crystals.

This one had the gist of how the defence against Kalmah might be held, but missed one key point; With only one platoon under their command they were vastly outnumbered by the Barraki's army, and even with the advantage of terrain and surprise an attack like this was not going to succeed.

Escape will take lots of stealth and lots of nauseous slime. I will escape first by ejecting my Kraata on the guard, nauseating him enough for him to not be able to walk properly allowing me to get the keys to escape. Then I will kill said guard and began my escape. As I go I will collect my slime, because if I were to encounter more Frostelus, I will sneakily get to the ceiling and dump my slime on them, as they nauseatingly try to figure out what happened I'll make my escape out to the surface. Then, I'll fly, making sure to avoid the incoming Rhotuka with some epic midair ninja skills.

Suvak wasn't entirely sure what he was looking at here. It started off well, using a kraata to get through bars were a Rahkshi could not was an intelligent and creative first step. But then it seemed to descend into some form of fanfiction, where this months-old Rahkshi was outwitting, outmanoeuvring and dodging every Frostelus challenge thrown at him. No, this had not been well-thought through at all

Using a sixth-stage Illusion Kraata in my pack, I will disquise myself as a young Steltian. Wearing a teleportation disk, I will also have a powerful explosive in my pack. I will go to the prince's castle and appeal to his pride by demanding to fight him in single combat, no powers. Due to my expertise with an obscure weapon, I will likely overpower him. When his crowd of followers attacks me, I will activate my teleportation disk. The sixth-stage kraata will set the bomb for one minute and find a  safe place as fast as possible.

The problem with this was that the prince was unlikely to accept the challenge. He ruled by being seen as a mystic of strange and unknown powers, not by being an honourable warrior. In all likelihood he'd just squash the student with telekinesis as a display of power in front of his followers. Suvak didn't know whether this was a fault in the student's research or his view of the world.

The answer is absurdly simple. I will pretend to linger in my cell, building up Shattering energy. When I have enough, I will destroy my cell and  fly upwards until I am out of their range. I then fly away.

Well this wasn't going to work. With his current powers it would take Shatter a long time to break through even one wall of his cell. To break all the way through the entire glacier from his cell to outside would take an obscene amount of time, and would likely result in recapture, this time with more security measures.

I would appeal to his cause, but challenge him to a sparring match. Fists vs. my special boxing gauntlets. I'll let him get the first hits, cuz' I'm nice. Then when he is getting tired, I'll swing the side of my gauntlet in front of his neck and eject the hidden blade making a clean cut through the neck. Now is the fun escaping part. I'll just use my dodge powers to avoid and perhaps kill some of his fanatics on my way out. Perhaps seeing the blood of their leader will convince them to give up their faith in him.

Hmm, another one who seemed to assume that just because the challenge of a duel was given it would also be accepted. This one was even less likely to work than the last, as why would the prince agree to a duel where he was put at a disadvantage from the start, with only fists against actual weaponry? Again the student was likely to just be crushed, dodge powers could do little against telekinesis.

I would get him to use his powers on a wall, perhaps forcing him by turning to Counterpunch. Then I'll take his Kraata out Then with my Dodge powers I would carry him in front and strap the armor to my back and fly away. At most the other suit will be more damaged than before, but both Kraata and suit will be okay.

Well this was a unique twist on the scenario. Other students had either taken the kraata and discarded the armour or just left the injured Rahkshi altogether. Taking the kraata and armour separately, using the latter as a shield to absorb fire during the retreat with option of jettisoning it if it became too heavy was fairly inspired.

I would gather all of the Matoran in one place, enclosed in the village’s largest structure. Sooner or later the Keelerak will come, and when they do, I’ll let them inside. As a level two Chain Lightning Rahkshi, I can electrically jolt anything that comes into contact with me. In the narrow confines of the building, the Visorak will be unable to effectively utilise their agility or their acidic spinners, allowing me to engage them in close combat.

Those that mange to strike me (unlikely) will be damaged by my electricity, allowing me to finish them off with ease. I will repeat the process until all of the Visorak are dead, or they give up and disperse. As my objective was to neutralise the swarm, I consider any Matoran who are injured or killed to be acceptable losses as collateral damage.

Mostly a workable strategy, but there didn't seem to be any thought into what would happen if the Visorak simply used their acidic Rhotuka anyway, regardless of how many of their own they'd also hit. Or if the spiders burrowed through the building's walls, again with their corrosive spinners, to attack Xara from multiple angles. Visorak, Keelerak especially, could be cunning little devils when they had to be.

Without trying to sound cruel or heartless, I’d have no choice but to leave the wounded Rahkshi behind. It’s a liability, and as an intelligent Rahkshi, I’m more valuable to the Brotherhood than it is. While I fly away, it can remain behind to cover my escape. This way, at least one of us will survive.

An accurate assessment of the situation that allowed an almost guaranteed survival of the student. The reason it had been a power scream Rahkshi selected was due to their inherent nature as walking alarm clocks, the perfect distraction to cover a getaway.

With this last batch done, Suvak continued reading on

OOC: 115 done, onto 116

• Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Xara - Dormitory Wing.

"Out of the way!" Xara roared, advancing. "He's mine." She didn't bother drawing her swords; in the close confines they'd do her no good. Instead, she drew one of The Talons, before bringing her foot up, and kicking the door inwards. 

• Upvote 1

IC: Jayar / The Refectory

Jayar swallowed another bite of the Refectory's gloriously gourmet slop. His journey to Corpus Rahkshi had been easy. He was starting to realize that his entire life, so far, had been easy. Perhaps that why he enjoyed helping others out so much. "And of course actions," he added. "Friendship is nothing if you say nice things to someone, but take no action to assist them when they need it."

IC: Vlad / His Dorm-->Hallways

Vlad's tranquil (and unusually oriented) slumber was interrupted by a chorus of shouts outside of things along the likes of 'he's mine' and 'there's the pyro!' from the hallway outside his room. He reached up and deactivated his bed and fell to the floor unceremoniously. He really did have to work on that.

Rising, he said a few comforting words to his grumpily awakened Ice Bat, Ivan, who was also hanging from the ceiling before storming out the door and finding that the dorm next to his had had its door knocked open and two Rahkshi were inside, attacking its occupant.

He strode in, the luminescent Cloak of Umbra spread over his arms, which he held aloft at his sides, and demanded, "Vhat is goink on here?"

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

OOC: Well, I thought Fang would be more severely injured, but I'm fine with this. :D

"Kat!" Hoto cried as she jumped up and ran to the voice. "I was just about to check if you were back yet. How was Nynrah? Did you get everything?"

It took Hoto a moment to notice Kat was limping. "Are...you okay?"

IC: Root - Library

We find our hero within the halls of Corpus Rahkshi Academy, in the Library, Section III, Row 12, Shelf B, Fifth shelf from the top, to be precise, engaged in a noble quest to reach... the last page of his story. In fact, he was so engaged that he had not moved from that spot for days, supplying himself with basic needs from the plants on his back. His leafy covering had grown down the sides of the shelf, leaving readers to wonder if it were even possible he could escape.

As it were, our noble Root was in the section of his epic adventure dealing with Frosteleus when Suvak made that glorious announcement. Yes, a daring escape from a monster-infested prison would be worthy of his heroic acts. But first, he had to finish the quest he had already embarked on.

The fire a few shelves over gave our hero no small amount of... wait, heroes don't feel fear. Trepidation? No. Horror! Heroes feel horror!... the fire gave our hero no small amount of horror, but his quest was set, and his persistence infinite, and he could not just abandon this book to sit on the shelf, alone and unread, while he went off in search of justice! Justice must come later! After writing his daring escape, and perhaps getting another snack.

Of course, his heroic narrative was completely hidden to the... baser folk below. They would learn of his deeds, to sing them to their children and their... What's a "children?"

OOC: Root open to interaction.

IC: Vlad / Torch's Dorm

"But that does not answer my question," replied Vlad. "I asked vhat vas happenink here, not vhat happened in zer library. Vhat are you doink? And can it not be done qvuietly? Ivan and I were tryink to sleep." He noticed that Ivan was under attack. "And restrain your Ussal, please." He grabbed Ivan and held him protectively to his chest.

IC: Jayar / The Refectory

Hoto knows everyone, it seems thought Jayar as Hoto ran over to the newcomer - Kat, she called her.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Squid

Squid had been studying the blackboard intently. Now, he had his answer to two of the questions.

An exiled Steltian prince has been acquiring power for himself in a distant land, using misinformation and charm to win an increasing number of followers to his cause. You have been commissioned to eliminate him, but not only does he have an impressive array of powers of his own (both formidable telekinesis and a Rhotuka that will steal another’s power for himself), he is sure to surround himself with the most fanatical of his followers at all times. What steps would you take to remove him?

I cut off his supply lines- which includes anything he can use to help his cause. Lay siege to his location and prevent him from accessing any resources. Then I will allow a gift basket through so he thinks we are trying to bargain with him. He will certainly eat the food in the basket, which will contain a slow-acting poison. Within three days, the prince will be dead.

You were part of Spiriah’s guard on Zakaz, and in the Revolution have been driven from his lab. You have with you one fellow Rahkshi, of the Power Scream genus and not possessing enhanced mental capabilities as you do, who has been heavily injured during the fight, to the point that they’re having trouble walking and cannot fly. What is your evacuation strategy?

I will help him to escape with me by giving him a knapsack carry or the walking assist. If we run into foes, he will use his powers to keep them away. If they get close, I’ll use mine. We will try our best to walk out at a brisk speed, but if he gets tired I shall instruct him to eject his Kraata. I will carry it and fly out the window and to a boat or another method of transportation.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Pyre:

Pyre, who had been searching in the dorms as well noticed the commotion and barged into the room.

"Step aside guys. This guy set fire to books. INNOCENT BOOKS WHO PROBABLY HAD FAMILIES OR FRIENDS."

Pyre continued his  insane rambling about the awesomeness of books and why they don't deserve to get burned.

"Ok. I took the liberty of burning finger wide holes in almost every single dorm door to find this guy. I want to get a chance of hurting him."

"I want to challenge this punk to a duel."

OOC: I like books. Books are awesome. Also he set the book Pyre was holding on fire.

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

OOC: Compared to the rest of the posts, this one starts a few minutes earlier.

IC: (Torch Frost and Wraith Punch Kick)

Torch looked up angrily from his lighter as someone burst through the door, slamming it after them. It was a tall, well armoured rahk, black and green in colour. They strode forwards purposefully, stopping in front of the Fire Resistance rahkshi.

"Um...who are you?"

"You can call me...Kick." the Density Control rahk replied. "Right now, you're in a lot of trouble, but it just so happens that you're the exact ally I need." he continued. "If they find you, you'll be torn limb from limb. Luckily they won't find you, or not "Torch" at least - that is, if you can play your part."

"Never been much good at acting..." Torch mumbled. Who was this guy, just barging in here like he owned the place? And what had Torch done to deserve being "torn limb from limb"?

"In the next minute, you need to be paint-free and ash-free. Understand?"

"But I like my- " Torch began.

"Do it!" There was something about the voice that went straight to Torch's muscles, without consulting the brain first. Torch got up, and started washing the paint off with his dorm's water supply until there was just his natural aquamarine armour.

Shouts had begun to filter through from past the dorm area...

Wraith looked around...the room was covered in fire-related objects - matches, torches and lighters of all descriptions, while burn marks covered the walls.

"Clean." Kick instructed, pointing to the charred smudges. With only a second's hesitation, Torch got to work scraping the marks off, dumping the dirty rags out the window and into the sea, while Kick did the same with the fire-related items, much to Torch's despair...

Finally, Kick produced a Latrunculorum board seemingly from nowhere, placing it on the stool and rahkhandling Torch into a chair opposite. The sound of splintering wood was getting closer and closer...

"Right. You're called...Frost, alright?" the strange Density-Controller informed him.

"No I'm not! I'm Tor- " he began to protest.

"You're Frost for now." Wraith countered, relaxing into his chair. "Remember that."

"This is like one of Palma's therapy sessions..." Frost replied dreamily.

"Oh, and before I forget, you did not set fire to the Library, or anything else, for that matter." Before Torch could reply, she cut in: "No, you did not."She smiled, and added: "Frost."

The smile disappeared, and she said: "If you tell the truth about any of that, I will hurt you.Understand?" Frost, the never-made-fire-in-my-life rahk, nodded obediently.

"Red goes first." Frost said. It took Wraith a second to understand him until he gestured towards the board.

"...right." Kick replied, moving the game piece.

That was when the door exploded inwards.

IC: (Snake)

Although the fire had burnt a grand total of six books, only singeing some, this fire-starter was gonna pay. 

Snake followed the group to the dorms...

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC Pyre:

Pyre noticed that one of the rahkshi's armor was clearly wet. Also parts of the wall were cleaner than others. Showing obviously the room had had been quickly cleaned with objects taken down from the wall and thrown out.

"It's this one. He clearly washed the ashes and things off his armor."

Pointing at the aquamarine clad Rahkshi Pyre began to grin evilly.

"You know what. Lets take em both. I'll enjoy burning their faces until one of them tells the truth."

"Here, Lemme dry you off."

Pyre activated his plasma coating (which covers his hands too) and proceeded to try to grab, burn, or even melt both of the Rahkshi's faces.

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

IC: Revenge

Revenge looked up and saw that there had been a fire. But it was almost already out.  He wrote his second answer.

An exiled Steltian prince has been acquiring power for himself in a distant land, using misinformation and charm to win an increasing number of followers to his cause. You have been commissioned to eliminate him, but not only does he have an impressive array of powers of his own (both formidable telekinesis and a Rhotuka that will steal another’s power for himself), he is sure to surround himself with the most fanatical of his followers at all times. What steps would you take to remove him?

This task, while hard, is not impossible.  However, I do not believe I could pull this off on my own.  As such I will not write about what I would do, but rather what I would need.  I would need a team to help me pull this off.  First of all I would need a trained assassin, a dark hunter would be the best candidate but their services come at a high price, so I might have to settle for someone else.  I would also want a spy/scout that could help me figure out the Prince's movements.  This person may be the same as the assassin.  I would also need some muscle to serve as back up in case the plan fails.  Ideally I would prefer Toa.  I would convince them to work with me by convincing them of the threat posed by the prince.  Toa are extremely powerful but they would limit my options, Toa would refuse to work with certain other members of my team and I would have to work around their no-kill oath.

There are a couple team members I would specifically prefer.  First I would want a high level Hunger Rahkshi  as long as it listened it's intelligence would not matter.  He would be great for draining the prince's energy, making him an easier opponent.  I have also read about a legendary rahi named Ketongu, he is known for his ability to purge visorahk venom, but he also has the ability to capture an opponent's Rhotuka and send it back as his own.  With a little luck this rahi could quickly bring the prince to his knees.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Bullseye/Dorm Halls

After some search and asking around, he found Abyssium who told him that Anubissium had gone to join the hunt. He found her. Tiredly he got her attention.

"Hey, Kat's awake. You want to go and see her?" he paused for a bit to catch his breath. "Fang might wake up by the time we get there."

IC: Toxin and Stronghold/Library

He and Stronghold looked at each other with smiles. Both were waiting to see the results.

IC: Punch/Counterpunch/Torch Frost's Dorm

He stopped Pyre from burning off their faces.

"We want to judge them, not melt their faces off."

He proceeded to try to grab the acclaimed Frost.

IC: (Wraith)

Wraith ducked, grabbing the plasma rahk's throat and lifting him up to her full height until his feet dangled. 

"I don't know who you are or why you're here, but this is my dorm, so get out." The words were spat with such venom that Frost flinched.

Wraith threw the rahk backwards into the crowd of other beings behind him, sitting back down.

"Exo-Toa to A4." she instructed the board, which shifted the piece magnetically into the allotted square.

Kathok