Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC; Revenge-Library

Revenge had just picked out a new book and was looking for a good spot to read when he spotted claws.  "Hey there, little guy.  Where is Rider?"  He noticed claws was upset.  "Is something wrong!?"

IC: Melody-Refectory

Melody grabbed a tray of food and sat down in a secluded corner of the Refectory.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: (Snake/Courtyard)

The Kaulsirahk observed.

He had nothing much to do with his time at the moment - he definitely didn't feel like fighting, he wasn't sure where everyone else was, and was content to simply sit here.

Likewise, he had little ambition to make much impact on the school as a whole. Some time in the future, he'd escape this place and...then what?

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Kathok

IC: Hoto - Empty Dorm Wing

Whoever was calling her seemed to have moved on, so Hoto breathed a sigh of relief as she put her clickers back. Jayar was facing her, and he was getting faster. He seemed to be progressing better than could be expected. Hopefully, it wouldn't be long before he was ready to just be thrown into a dark room and...

"You're doing well," she commented, a little less enthusiastically. "Jayar, I... I have a confession to make. I can't teach you to fight blind. I'll... I'll do my best to help you find your way around, but... for that, you'll have to talk to Era."

She wasn't sure what hurt more. The knowledge that she couldn't fight or that her training sessions alone with Jayar would eventually come to an end.

IC: Fang - Cauldron

Even though it was just him and Kat, his mind couldn't stop thinking. All the events, all the implications, all the consequences raced through, and he was left to try and catch up. Hopefully Kat could forgive him for being a little distracted.

He barely managed to catch the bar at the last second, and he just stared at it, debating on whether or not to just stick the metal into his mouth. Then he realized that the food was inside the packet. He hadn't seen many foods like that. He scratched at the foil, trying to get it unwrapped to reveal the brown... whatever it was.

He looked up to ask Kat where she found it, but stopped at the sight of paint. He backed up in a panic, nearly dropping the bar. "N-n-no!" he choked out. "I'll... I'll keep it like this."

Karz, he was still acting like an idiot in front of Kat. She was trying to be kind, and he shouldn't reject her offer so quickly.

He attempted to compose himself and explain. "It's... it's what we have left... of Omega. That night, on Nynrah. We all fought together, and... I didn't realize how soon he would be gone."

IC Kat/Cauldron

I gave him a look, one of sympathy.

"Some of those are much older than the business on Nynrah."

I traced the curve of his head plate, still blackened from... I actually didn't know what had happened there.

"I think its time you moved on from some of those battles, at least."

He flinched under her touch. "Lightblaster," he replied to her curious look. "I... er... I got in the way of an assassination in the first assignment."

He's become so used to that seared metal on his faceplate. It was a symbol to him for what he stood for. And... his gratitude to Mahrika. Where was that Rahkshi? ...Focus... His faceplate had just become a part of his character.

He pushed back and gestured to the scars on his sides. "And here, where the Twins nearly gutted me when I tried to stop Exxan in the second assignment. Here," he turned his back to her, "Nynrah. This one," he held out an elbow, "Caoutchouc. These," he touched his shoulder pads. The deep gouges there had been covered as best as they could be, but the paint had begun to wear off to reveal them once more. "... I did that... with my old suit, before it was taken. And this," he pointed to a dent in the corner of his chest armor, "where that Matoran got me... before I killed her.

"I remember all of them. Every fight, every lesson learned the hard way. I... I don't know what I would be without that."

IC - Gym

You take a seat next to The Snake-Faced Kid and goldierahks.

"My spine is still feeling beat from that E L B O W, so looks like today'll be an arm day for me. Brahs."

You proceed to hit up the dumbbells and cable machine, working through 1/24th of your eight-hour arm day before sipping some water.

...but close to it

IC: Jayar / Empty Dorm Wing

A confession? Jayar braced himself for some dark secret and was, thankfully, disappointment in that regard.

"When I first met you," he said gently, "you told me you weren't a fighter, and I said that was okay." The memory was as clear as the toll of a bell. "And it still is. I don't need to know how to fight, I already do. It's you - your teaching, about navigation, I need."

Another memory occurred to him: Hoto, lying on the ground, struck down by a training dummy. He didn't see anything wrong with Hoto being unable to fight, but in a school where many found combat as natural as breathing, it would be easy for her to think there was. "This is really bothering you, isn't it?" he asked, concerned.

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

"Pain defines all of us!" he snapped. "There is no other way to learn the important lessons. Stay away from fire. Don't wander into a Rahi den. Don't eat that rotten thing. My pain has taught me to never trust a Rahkshi, even one as intelligent as we are, to do the smart thing! Not even me."

He looked down to see Kat once more. Despite his hesitation, he did like her. He may even love her, and here he was losing his temper with her. She was trying to help. She was showing genuine concern.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Kat..." he groaned. "Just... just get it over with. I... I won't struggle."

He stepped back through the Cauldron's scrap heaps and found a comfortable place to sit down. He stared at the bar of food and tried to open it very much like a pouting Matoran.

Besides, if he was supposed to be Kat's... what, boyfriend?... Ugh, it still didn't sound right... then he would need to look his best. For her sake.

She was relieved that he didn't mind, but it didn't make it hurt less. She just nodded, but then realized he probably couldn't see it. "Yeah... Era tried to teach me, but..."

she was growing tired of saying "I can't." There were just too many things, fighting being the worst of them.

Edited by Click

IC Kat:

I flinched slightly when he snapped.

Less this time, but still.

I looked him over.

"Tell you what. I'll paint around the scars if you want. But that head plate needs some TLC. You'll look fiercely spiff when I'm done."

I dabbed some paint on the front of his face, where the nose would be on other beings.

And then I did something I wouldn't have dared do in front if anyone else.

I giggled.

OoC: this is probably the best RP I've ever done.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Jayar / Empty Dorm Wing

Jayar tried to imagine how that had gone. Had she been unable to fight, or unwilling?

"...but you couldn't, or wouldn't?" he asked quietly. Jayar wanted to help her, but to do that he had to know which was the case. He fervently hoped the question wouldn't cause her more pain than what she was already in.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

The paint felt cool in the damp cavern. He almost winced as it went on, but he tried to keep his word. No struggling. He had the odd thought that she had never seen the designs that he had on his faceplate before. Oddly enough, they were similar in style to her own. The same curving, pointed lines, dangerous in their very appearance. If he was going to get painted, she had better do it right.

He looked up as she laughed and tried to speak without smearing her brush. "What's so funny?"

"I... I don't know," she responded after thinking it over. "I wouldn't, I guess. I was ready to swing. I knew what to do, but I couldn't bring myself to go through with it."

IC: Bullseye, Toxin, Stronghold/3rd Person/Bullseye - Library; Toxin - His Dorm; Stronghold - Infirmary

Each of them were awake.

And it was at this time at which they felt extremely alone.....

Bullseye saw Fang and Kat pass by all giddy for some reason, and he felt a sense of longing...he sat there, his book cast aside, a downcasted gaze at the table.

Toxin hadn't seen any of his friends and he hadn't talked to his brothers. He felt alone sitting in his dorm...

Stronghold had watched Rider come in and how Bullseye and Toxin cared for their friend. He realized that he didn't have friends himself...and now he was partially schizophrenic...

OOC: much depressed, so sad