Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: No worries. You've made things hard on yourself by declaring Drift can't read, though.

IC: Vlad / Library

Vlad began to walk through the shelves, finding first the section on sciences, then attempting to find chemistry from there. Ivan flew to the other end of the shelf, beginning his own quest for the needed books. "So... vhy do you need to look up chemistry?"

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Drift - Library

I observed, thankful for Vlad's help.

"You know the glowing paint I have on me? Well, I only have a really small amount of it left. I want to see if I can create more of it with the stuff I can find here." Suddenly, the bird flew up to me, calling me over to something on a faraway table. It was a large tome, on the cover of which I could see a large picture that could vaguely be interpreted as... translation. I grinned and opened it.

"It says, 'Gukko,'" explained Vlad. "I guess zat is vhat sort of a bird it is," he continued, pointing to Wings.

Ivan gave off a squeak that seemed to say, "Here's some chemistry." (though how it said that, Vlad didn't quite know.) "I think Ivan has found vhat you vere lookink for," declared Vlad. Indeed, the Ice Bat fluttered out from the shelves, carrying a decent-sized book entitled A Beginner's Guide to Pigments and Dyes.

"Ivan, zat is not chemistry!" declared Vlad, annoyed, as he relieved his pet of the book. Ivan squeaked a rebuttal that probably meant "He wanted to make paint, didn't he?"

Edited by Johnrahk

IC: Illusive - Tridax's Office. 

I nodded, grateful that he'd finally understood.

IC: Sontiri (Era).

Emotions. So many of them, swirling around me like a maelstrom. This time, though, I didn't fight it. I let the tide wash over me. Hoto's regrets, her love for Jayar, Jayar's own confusion and elation at being part of a Kaita. 

And then it was my turn, but the only thing I could feel was.... uncertainty. I didn't know what to expect this time, or what to feel. Was Hoto just doing this for Jayar? Did I really deserve to be here after everything I'd put her through with Dekako? I didn't know the answers. 

There were a lot of things I didn't know. 

But slowly, inexorably, my feelings faded as our minds melded. And then I knew something for certain: who we were, what we were. We had arms and legs and eyes and... wings? Awesome! We were a force to be reckoned with, a Kaita.

We were Sontiri. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: i accidentally broke the quote. So, here's a not as terrible replacement thanks to Nato.

IC: Phantom paused for a moment when confronted by Kat...then simply vanished from view again. Kat was taken aback for a moment, almost as if the enormity that was Phantom suddenly disappearing left an actual hole in her mind, but snapped out of it just as a voice spoke up in her ear.

"Step."

The punch felt like she'd been hit by a train. She could feel the fresh dents in her faceplates pressing against the shadowflesh of her kraata. And more worryingly, Phantom had stayed invisible. His next attack could be coming right now and she'd have no way of knowing...

IC Kat:

Ow. I stumbled hard to the right, nearly falling over, an earnest grunt escaping my mouth.

I felt my face. Dented. Brakas.

I righted myself, sheathing my blade, and getting into combat ready, the same stance I'd used when I'd fought Cao. Feet spaced evenly, arms up, protecting my torso and head.

I kept my eyes open, scanning where I'd just been, looking and listening for any sign of the strange being.

"You see him?" I asked Cao.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Toxin's Kraata/Into the Cave

I remembered what I said.

(OOC: Cue the paraphrased quote!"

I will defend my friends as they leave. I will save their lives, in exchange for my own.

I immediately went into the cave, after I crawled down the tree. I got myself on the ceiling where I was shrouded in darkness. Inside I noticed the scattered footprints, looks like the Matoran were scared ****less.

OOC: Do I need a GM thing to approve entering the cave?

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"Maybe you should start on somethink less complex," suggested Vlad. He got up and went over to a shelf normally frequented by level ones. Come to think of it... how did Drift get to level two without being able to read? At that point most Rahkshi were more or less fluent.

No matter. He grabbed a book he'd read, back when he was a level one. It was more pictures than words, and the story was flamboyantly inane, but then that was why it was so perfect for beginners. He returned to Drift and set the book on the table. "See if you can figure zis vun out. It's rather simple."

IC: Sontiri (Jayar) : Empty Classroom

Sontiri, as one, looked around the room, exalting in the fact that they could see. Even the portion of the mind which resembled what Jayar once was had come to realize just how lucky they were to look around the room and just see, without the need to rely on echoes and memory to navigate.

But they were still capable of seeing without sight. At the portion resembling Jayar's command Sontiri closed their eyes for a moment, shifted its wings. The beautiful note rang out, filling the room, and returned to Sontiri's sensitive hearing, recounting its travels in detail. It was incredible, and yet incredibly typical, at the same time.They open their eyes again. The sensation of sight, beautiful color, was too valuable to miss even a second of it. Even that which had been Jayar, which had seen all its life, understood this. It could not deprive the others within itself of that gift.

Edited by Johnrahk
  • Upvote 1

It was simple enough. I could figure out exactly what was going on - big black-armored guy is ruling with an iron fist, a group of multicolored heroes come and try to fight him, he smites them easily. Moral of the story: obey black-armored guy or die. I strained to read the letters on the bottom - I could understand a part of them, but the spellings of many seemed so unnecessary. From what I could glean, the black-armored guy was called Tridax - ah, the headmaster of the school. So that's what he looks like. His colorful assailants - Toa. I turned to Vlad and recounted my discoveries, feeling rather embarrassed over my lack of reading skills.

Edited by Aerixx: Gukko Lord

"Oh... yes." Obviously. Vlad flipped through the tome to a list of letters and began to pronounce them one by one. Unfortunately for Drift, his pronunciation of W was skewered by his accent. "Makes a vvvv sound." Of course, the glowy golden Rahk didn't notice.

Edited by Johnrahk

IC: Sidonas - Dorm

Sidonas woke up. Unsure of what time it was, he laid back for a few more hours, thinking to himself.

After getting stabbed and leading a team on Nynrah, it feels good to have some rest. As for my problems with tools, I might put up some posters, see if any of my brethren have supplies I could use, seeing as how I do not have much after the incident with my legs.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Something seemed... different... about the way he had pronounced it. He was pronouncing it... absolutely perfectly! Vlad had only ever heard himself speak with such accuracy. "Indeed it is," he said, proud of his student. "Unt zis vun is a Vater Vraith," he said, pointing to a picture of the great Teridax's gruesome creation.

OOC: Sorry, Vlad's probably not the best pronunciation teacher XD

Edited by Johnrahk

I found a page marked 'luminescent elements in common substances, and read out loud,

"Ay common place to vind zer luminescent elements ist zer nameless, zemi-nutri... nutish... nutrishus substanze known by zome az zer 'ingestible vitamin'. It ist zer dull, colorless and skvishy gruel often zerved az zer lov-kvality vood." I looked at Vlad, my eyes wide. Surely...

OOC: I'm not breaking any rules by doing this, right?"

Edited by Aerixx: Gukko Lord

OOC: I don't suppose so. It's been hinted that the gruel contains something pretty bad, luminescent stuff's probably the least of it.

"You mean you are thinkink zer Refectory food ist containink zer chemicals you need?" It sounded ridiculous... well, no, not really actually. The food in the Refectory was so utterly bad that Vlad wouldn't have been surprised if he picked up a book called Slow-Acting Poisons and Their Uses and the first page described the slop.

IC Blest / Hallways:

What was this place?? The Rahkshi stumbled as she was turned round and round by an aggressive cluster of students. Well, she lost her bearings again. [\i] Blest sighed in frustration. uncomfortably adjusting the sack strapped across her back, Blest picked out and strode in a random direction.

OOC: up for interaction.

IC: Sontiri (Hoto) - Empty Dorm Wing

Hoto suddenly realized how lucky she had been with Kat and Era. All of her emotions, amplified by sheer panic, broke over them, and they had held Dekako together for her. She never realized how much of a challenge it could be until she was under the same brunt of Jayar's emotion. Maybe it was just that she didn't... feel for them in the same way she did with Jayar. His guilt became her own. It was her fault, after all. She caused it, and now she must bear it. And it hurt. How could she have caused that to one of her... well, more than just a friend?

She didn't think she could bear Era's feelings as well. She could barely hold together under just one. But all that came from the corner that was Era's mind was uncertainty. All brought on by her as well.

I'm sorry! she cried into the mind, even though she knew it was unnecessary. They understood, they didn't need her apologies. They just wanted her happy. She reached out to mentally embrace them, allowing all of herself to bond with them... No, with...

We open our eyes on the world once more, seeing all before our gaze, yet still conscious of all that surrounds us. We are new to this world, but already it welcomes us, reverberating our song back to our hearing. The sense is familiar to most of us, yet a part still marvels at its power. It is true that our sight is far more than any of our components had ever expected. We can feel every detail of the large room, even with our vision turned from it.

For now, we wait, sitting in the room like a timeless statue, content to observe and to wonder at our new found power. And yet, beneath the calm surface lies far greater skills, untapped power waiting to be released. And it would be, in time. Our minds would discover our fullest capabilities. But they were not things to fear, as our parts have worried.

IC: Sontiri (Era) - Empty Dorm Wing. 

We straighten to our full height, and a frightened squawk reaches our sensitive hearing. Era's bird, Zivon, flutters fearfully near the ceiling, shying away from us. We reach forwards and push open the door, and he quickly flies out into the open corridor. 

We try to follow; we wanted to test out our own wings, but we're unable to fit through the doors. We're too big, too powerful, so we decide to find our own way out. We turn to the outermost wall and spread our wings wide, unleashing a devastating amplified sonic burst that rattles the walls, causing dust to rain down. 

We raise our arms. They have shackles attached to their wrists, trailing blades that the part of us that is Era recognises as her own weapons. We lash out ta the crumbling rock, smashing it apart, and climb through into the open....

.....and we're falling. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Sidonas - Dorm

Sidonas shook himself, feeling that it was time to get up. He started to grow hungry, so he got up and grabbed the box beside his bed that contained the fruits he had 'attained' in the Cauldron. When he opened it, he was disappointed to find that it was empty.

Must have eaten it all sometime or another, guess I'll have to settle for some of the slop the Refectory serves, seeing as how I shouldn't head out past Phantom-On-The-Water to grab anything while Kat and her lot go do whatever they were doing. How long have I been asleep?

Sidonas, reminding himself of food, quickly dismissed the questions from his head. He grabbed his bag and placed his Codex inside it, along with Hook. Then he left his Dorm and headed to the Refectory.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC Vaalku

Thinking Palma had patched him up well enough, Vaalku got up to leave. Oog, he was hungry. So hungry. Maybe it was because he had been stabbed, a before-mentioned side effect of Palma's healing, or that he had lost weight racing around all day. Whatever it was, he was starved.

He slowly lowered himself to the ground and began crawling to the refectory.

IC Clockwork:

Clockwork arrived at the school, having flown through teh Causeway. Tinkering with his spare parts, he walked down the halls.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Short / Gym, Sparring with Shark \ IC:

Perfect, Shark was offering himself on a silver platter to Short. Instead of dodging the elbow or swinging her mace into it, the little Rahk grabbed her opponent's elbow to catch his attack with both hands. The difficulty of this was notably amplified by the fin-blade coming right for her face. She turned the mace handle to be flush with her left arm as reached around it, pressing the shaft against the blow to simultaneously block the blade and provide an avenue for her power to channel.

Alas, however, he was much stronger than her, and the shaft slipped slightly, letting the blade shallowly slice into her lower arm. With a small grimace she immediately activated her power, leaving his reaction time greatly diminished, and reached with her right hand to grab his lower arm just below the elbow joint. Finally, the Slowerahk attempted to swing herself up, above his sword, fin, and arm, and aim a kick with all of her momentum (and letting him keep his own) at his face using her handhold as a pivot.

Metal / Library, Talking to Vlad and Drift \ IC:

Nobody had answered Metal's call for assistance as of yet. Not to be disheartened though, the Powerahk walked up to two friendly-looking Rahkshi as they headed toward the door. With his mildly horrifying friendly grin, Metal greeted the fabulous Rahkshi and his companion with, "Hey, guys! How's it going? The name's Metal, and I'm helping to put on a school-wide talent show; would you two be down to help me set up a stage in the Courtyard? It should only take a little bit of time if I get a few stagehands such as your fine selves to help."

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Sontiri / Outside

Oh... that hadn't gone as planned.

A moment of fear jolted through them as the rocky shore below rose up aggressively. But the descent slowed with a golden sound as Sontiri instinctively spread their singing wings wide, turning the fall into forward momentum and avoiding a collision with the ground. The crest of a wave licked at their feet as they pulled up, flapping their wings to regain lost altitude, each wing-beat its own ethereal song.

Here over the water it was calm. Not silent, like the empty dorm wing, but the endless repetition of waves and wingsong was peaceful. And no longer did the noise interfere with their vision, for they could see, see the blue of the ocean, flecked with white foam. A curtain of black night sky, but not the darkness two of their member lived in, it was a darkness with depth, texture, enthralling to look upon, speckled with shining stars. It was beautiful, and they exalt in vision, that they possess it or might bestow it.

But flight began to tire them, and the swooped around, back towards the school, landing on the roof with a dull stony thud, and grabbed onto the ledge with their long arms. Their wings curl around them. From their perch they observe all; the sky, the waves, the island in the distance. They want to see as much as they can. Gone is fear, there is no anger, all is forgiven and understood.

Sontiri is at peace.

• Upvote 2

IC Vaalku

Upon reaching the Refectory, Vaalku's stomach threatened to kill him. He reached up and pulled out a bowl, same as he did before, and put in only a half-full amount. He then ate to his heart's content.

Blehh, it tasted like muddy corpses, but it was filling his stomach. He quickly placed the bowl away and left into the halls.

OOC: Vaalku open to interaction.

OOC: Here you go, Toa of Dancing.

"Er... vhat is makink you think ve are stagehands?" replied Vlad, a bit confused and intimidated by Metal.

IC: Shark / Gym

Power: slow. A bit late to realize that, unfortunately. Shark was at least smart enough not to fall into the old pratfall of swinging his sword towards his head and whomping himself when Short dodged away. Rather, he attempted to pull his arm (and the attached attacker) away from him.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Short's power of slow made it impossible for him to move his arm quickly enough, and he got a face full of foot, knocking him backwards. He got started bringing his other arm around to grab Short and push her off and to the ground, but that was going to take a while.

Curses, this little Rahkshi was actually really good.

OOC: Last post of night.

Edited by Johnrahk