Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Liar - Gym

Casually glancing at his opponent as they made their approach, Liar could already tell that things were about to get interesting. Despite the new coat of paint, he had been skulking around in the shadows of the school for quite some time, even longer than the one he despised, in fact, so singling out the stronger students from the rest wasn't quite so difficult any more. The way they carried themselves, how they were sizing him up, and that infamous color scheme was all he needed to see to know that he never even stood a chance. He couldn't be too sure of if that was exactly who he was facing, however - rumor in the halls was that Rahkshi supposedly died on assignment, after all - but what he did know was his own instincts, and since he hadn't personally seen a body, he wasn't ready to rule it out just yet.

It was actually kind of amusing now that he thought about it. He was always a sucker for irony.

Still, Stripes here was never the intended target, and that objective was as complete as it was getting... for now. If he was going down, he was going to at least make it look good; a few minutes of being tossed around like a ragdoll was definitely worth what he had already achieved here today, and all in all, he seriously doubted it would even compare to what his body had already gone through. Reaching for his scimitars, he stopped himself for a moment before eventually deciding against it.

Eh, what the Karz...

Widening his stance a bit, he settled for merely raising his fists out in front of his face, getting in one last maniacal grin before he would no doubt become reacquainted with the taste of his own blood.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

"Okay, then," that crazed grin, and the way he'd forsaken drawing his weapons in favour of his bare fists, left me with little doubt in my mind that this wasn't a rahk I wanted to get anywhere close to. Not that I liked getting particularly close to anyone, but still...

Not shifting from my current stance, I sent a concentrated blast of air rippling from my armour, towards my opponent. 

Edited by The Good Guys

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

And there it was.

Not realising what was happening until it was far too late, the wind sent him flying back towards the edge of the arena before slamming him up against the pillar behind him. The sudden impact had succeeded in rattling his skull, forcing his mandibles to close and causing him to end up biting through a section of his own cheek as he continued to ricochet off of the construct, only to fall to his hands and knees amidst the sand. Picking himself back up, he took a moment to assess the wound with his tongue, discovering that the missing section was still hanging on by a thin strip of flesh before deciding that he didn't want it bothering him throughout the rest of the fight and quickly finishing the job that the other Rahkshi started.

Turning his head to the side and spitting the bloody chunk over into the water, Liar once again flashed a now crimson smile as he casually shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm here all day, pal. Might as well start showing me what you've really got."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

What the karz is wrong with this guy? I raised one of my hands, firing off a more focused air blast from my palm. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Shock / Gym

Shock spun hastily aside, not quite fast enough to evade Percy's kick but enough and in the right direction to substantially lessen the blow, which caused him to stumble a little. Recovering as he came to face his opponent again, he whipped his sword at Percy's side.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

As his fights began, Thurisaz had the Gym remold his dias into a raised seating area, with a box for himself and his vassals and further excellent seating to either side for anyone who wanted them. Satisfied with this vantage point, he gracefully took his seat and looked over the duels, beckoning Tube and Aerahk to do the same.

So far only a few had actually begun, but already blood had been drawn, that of Liar in his apparently lopsided fight with Exxan. Thurisaz would keep an eye on that one (along with all of them, of course); Liar didn't seem the type to gracefully concede.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

OOC: Where to begin...

Ooh, now we're raising our hands... Guess taunting works after all. Who knew?

In truth, Liar wasn't even really paying attention to the gesture at this point; the other Rahkshi's reluctance to move within striking range meant that, by itself, it hardly constituted a threat. No, the gust of wind aiming to force him back into the pillar again was the real issue here, which would've been more of a problem to the unobservant, due to the nature of air being a completely transparent substance.

The sand on top of the platform the duel was taking place on, however, did not happen to share that trait.

Glancing down briefly as his opponent prepared to fire, he simply stood and watched as the arena telegraphed the move for him. When the substance began to rapidly part in his general direction, all it took was a rather quick application of his Dodge abilities to safely remove him from harm's way, coming to a stop a few feet to the right and raising his launcher as the attack itself was divided in two by the column of stone.

"Missed," he said, practically yawning as he fired off his razor disk towards his attacker's thigh, partially in an effort to attempt to maintain his speed advantage.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Percy:

Once more the sword came for him, and once more, Percy held his ground, putting his own blade in the way, and swiping his clawed free hand toward the arm holding the zamor launcher.

Truth told, he could probably dodge the zamors easily enough, but it never hurt to be sure, right?

At least, that's what Percy thought.

IC Fountain

He had hoped they would swing the hammer.

Fountain's fan axe slid forward with the nimbleness of a javelin, his grip fastening suddenly as the tip of the weapon slammed hard into the top of the warhammer, killing its momentum and possibly offsetting its opponent. As that occurred, he almost grinned at how Geuua had made this even more reasonable. His hand, which had retreated slightly to better stab with momentum, now snapped forwards again, his foot sliding gracefully along the clunky stone until it bit down hard into the ground. Electricity coursed between his fingers as he came within inches of touching the hand-machine, all the while keeping a dead and rotting stare into Geuua's soul.

I wonder if just launching my opponent out of the ring is all I need to do...

The karz? He hadn't even been looking at me when he'd evaded my attack. So how, then? As he raised his launcher, I summoned up another blast of air to buffet the incoming disk off course, and shifted from my relaxed stance into a defensive one. 

As I did, I felt it - the soft crunch of sand sliding underfoot. Of course. I'd been focusing solely on my opponent, on his actions and movement, and not our surroundings: pillars, platform, sand, and water. Surely there was something I could do with all of that? For now, though, I remained in a wary stance, waiting to see what my foe's next move would be. 

IC: Geuua - Gym.

Apparently my opponent seemed to think that using his glorified halberd - an impractical, middle distance slashing weapon - to poke feebly at my warhammer - an efficient, close range melee weapon - while it was in the midst of a powerful two-handed swing, would somehow be enough to dissuade or nullify the momentum of my strike.

He was sorely mistaken. 

Although he'd seemingly managed to pull his sparking hand back out of the hammer's path, I still put inertia to good use, stepping forwards in the follow-through to meet him as he slid towards me, and bringing up the armoured elbow of my dominant right arm - still with most of my swing's strength behind it - in an effort to smash it across his face. 

IC: Silf - Gym

"Well, come on then!" I burst out into another small fit of laughter. If he really thought I was going to go rushing in at a karzing sword, he was going to have to wait for awhile. I had a feeling these "honor bound" rahks weren't going to fare well in the game. I'd probably get out pretty quickly too then, but not before this prestigious sack of mahi dung. 

Ooh, he riled me up.

'Goody.' I thought as a chuckle rolled through my shoulders. My eyes burned with excitement, but I waited. I was better at defense, and I had to hope his patience was the thinner between the two of us..

IC: Sim - Courtyard

"If it's all the same to you," I say to the squishy... mess, in front of me, "I don't think I can grab a hold of you."
I wiggled my arms in their imprisonment for emphasis.

IC: ??? - Ruins on the Water

Well, they've certainly been lying there for a while. Maybe it's time to wake them up?

'Thud'

There was a thud.

A loud thud.

A definite, audible, thud. Did it wake the sleeping white rahk? No, no it did not. Did the second thud? Or the third? Fourth, fifth, sixth?

Nope. It was around thud number eleven when the repetitive nonsense pounded through the fog of sleep. And the literal fog too, because wow, that's a lot of fog.

Blinking open their ghostly, dead eyes, they tried to pick out the sound that had distrubed them. Why did it keep coming back? Why was it so determined to keep them awake?? Their frustration kindled, and curiousity piqued, the white rahk decisively rose from their lovely spot of dirt and made it's way to... whatever that noise was. And that noise. And that.

They began to keep a tally for the thuds they heard, which put them at... fiiiiive? Seven? Probably seven, although they weren't sure if they had missed a thud while trying to think....

They decided not to keep a tally. Which was alright actually because they had just discovered the source of the thuds! It was another rahkshi, putting large chunks of stuff in a row, and putting mud on it. Their frustration melted entirely into intrigue, and they sat only two or three paces away to observe the spectacle. Best not interrupt whatever they are doing, they seem very focused.

'-aCHOO' The white rahk sneezed, if only lightly. Oh dear.

OOC: ??? interacting with Gaever. Ghid, I'm still waiting on a Spindle post

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

OOC:

Ghid, I'm still waiting on a Spindle post

My apologies. I'll get to that right now.

IC Spindle

The thinnest Rahk in existence stood up with a shrug, slamming down into the bed with surprising force and letting out a barely audible cry, even though it clearly hurt way more then he expressed. "n-nice..." With an effort, he sat up in an uncomfortable manner.

IC Fountain

He grumbled as the fan axe was feebly knocked downward, the much stronger warhammer carrying the swing past where his arm had been. However, now the warhammer was down too, and in the same direction as his glorified dungeon trap device. As the elbow shot forwards from the significantly taller Rahkshi, Fountain barely had time to decrease his height by a few inches, preparing for the splintering sound of his decorated fins.

Wait.

Another movement pushed him to the side, but not in time to avoid the elbow. It bit hard into his elegant spine-decorations, sending pieces shattering and his nerves stuttering. However, enough of the first spine was still there for Fountain to send as much of a charge as he could manage through the remaining fins into the student's elbow, hoping it connected to the arm well enough.

His hand, during this, reconnected with his fan axe, and tried to catch it on the back of Geuua's leg as he went to the side.

Ic: Slif - Gym

There it was, the first move. It felt more like a test strike than anything, not a whole lot of power. I brought my forearm up quickly to deflect it, bouncing it off my reinforced armor. The reach of the sword didn't really worry me, he was still a little distanced from me so his arm could only extend so far. I hunched my body forward, really getting into the defensive, and cocked an eyebrow.

IC: Fate - Infirmary
I nodded, appreciative of his quick cooperation.
"Firstly, I'm going to have to remove your shoulder casing to see the internal damage. If you move your shoulder at all while I'm working it could become dislodged, or worse. So I'd advise you to keep still."
In a few quick steps, I had his damaged casing removed and set on the cart. Despite my stony face, I was internally grimacing. The shoulder joint was shot, but the real issue was the operating tentacle. What was left of it was jammed deep into the pneumatics, which were having problems maintaining control anyway. This would be difficult, but destiny had brought me this challenge, so I would face it head on.

"Hu-who?" What a strange question. They were just... them. That's all.

"Muh... Me." Did they really need to say anything more?

IC: Slif - Gym

I brought my fist back down, slamming into the sword as it came swooshing up. The sword bit into the armor, despite it's strength. I had to try blocking with just my arm bands more, this wouldn't be good if I had to keep up with him like this. Without stopping, I forced the sword as far down as I could and threw my shoulder forward, hoping to catch him off guard with my bulk.

I stumbled back with a yelp, elbow stinging from the brief jolt it had received on impact with my opponent. I felt something snag at my leg as I moved back, almost tripping over it completely, before steadying myself and settling into a defensive stance in the centre of the platform once more. 

Well, this was certainly going nowhere fast.

Without his disk, Liar had no other means of ranged offense besides his firecrackers (which he'd have to use carefully, lest they be blown back towards him), and if neither of them were going to close the distance, then the battle would simply devolve into him repeatedly dodging gusts of wind until one of them bacame too tired to continue. And if he really was dealing with who he thought he was, odds were that it would likely be himself in that particular scenario, which would be a pretty lame way to end the fight. No, proceeding any further would require a bit more creativity on his part if he was going to keep the match interesting, and he had something up his sleeve for this exact situation.

So much for starting off with my fists...

Activating his powers once again as he drew his swords, the Rahkshi of Dodge began to flit back and forth around the edge of his side of the platform, thrusting the tips of the blades into the sand in order to kick enough of it up into the air to obscure his future actions.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Taking my hand away from Remembrance's hilt, I began to draw the surrounding air - along with the particles of sand drifting in it - in towards my open palms, before releasing it once more in a wide blast, aimed towards the arena floor.

Spread out as it was, it wouldn't be nearly as powerful as my earlier concussive blasts, but it'd certainly be enough to blow the sand back towards the far side of the platform, and prevent my foe from being able to use it to spot my vacuum blasts in future. Karz, maybe I'd get lucky and some of the flying sand would get in his eyes. 

But I knew me - I rarely got lucky. 

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

"Okay..." That was hardly informative. Oddly though it didn't seem like this Rahkshi was being evasive, but rather that he had genuinely given his best answer, though admittedly Gaever wasn't the best at reading people. She decided to move on to her next question anyways. "For what reason have you been watching me, then?"

IC Fountain

Karz.

The device appeared completely stable. His attempt to conduct through the elbow had failed miserably, and his spines were damaged as well. But more importantly, they hadn't seen the fan axe until afterwards...

Not wasting any more time, he gripped the axe hard and swung the blade towards Geuua's midsection.

IC Spindle

Spindle didn't know whether to faint or scream.

He had never had parts of his armour removed. Ever. In the history of ever. And more importantly, he never felt the feeling of not having it there.

Instead of one or both of the above, he stared off in a numb trance.

Parrying the axe blade with the shaft of my hammer, I brought Blazebreaker around in a wide, two-handed swing, sweeping the spiked head up overhead and out to my right, before bringing it back down, angled towards my foe's left shoulder. 

Edited by The Good Guys

IC: Glass

The Chain Lightning Rahk stepped up to the aforementioned platform, he couldn't help but start to get excited. The thrill of battle...

Since when has that been thing for us? It's... Weird that I'm feeling it.

Shh, just let go and enjoy it.

Glass pulled out his main staff, his macuahuitl Terrortooth resting dormant on his hip.

"So who's this Rail?"

Edited by Norik Apple Juice

IC: Slif - Gym

See, this is why I was worried about the shield. My shoulder slammed into the top of it, shoving the both of us forward, but not very far. I had to figure out a way to get rid of the shield. The moment we both skid to a stop, I pulled back my arm that was connecting to the shield and tried to catch it on the hard edge of my gold band. Even if I couldn't peel away the shield right off, if I could wear down that hand I could get him to let go eventually.

IC Fountain

Hammers. Such big, clumsy, slow weapons.

As the hammer came up, Fountain went forwards, his fan axe still facing to the side as he lunged his entire body, sparks flying, right towards Geuua. His pose was slightly downwards, letting the top of his head and shoulderblades make contact first. My poor fins...

Another almost useless answer. And again, unless the newcomer was acting or Gaever was badly misinterpreting, it was genuinely his best. That supposed to be the sound putting a block in place made, Gaever supposed. There wasn't anything else around making a thudding noise. "So... you are simply curious as to what is being done here, then?" she asked, less distrustful now that she was growing confident that he bore no ill will.

As my foe lunged forwards, I braced myself, digging in my feet and readying myself for impact. Given how close we already were, there wasn't much strength or momentum behind his blow, but the sudden jolt of electricity - even through the thickened plates of my heavy armour - certainly didn't tickle. 

Fortunately, my hammer was still in motion, inertia and gravity doing most of the work. My foe seemed to be underestimating the speed of a warhammer; given how fast the lightweight weapon was moving, it was already on the verge of striking him by the time he'd made impact with my body, and it took nothing more than a simple turn of the wrist to tilt Blazebreaker's head away from his kraata case, and angle it down towards the small of his back.

We weren't supposed to kill each other, after all...

Ic: Slif - Gym

Figured he'd try that. I turned my back to deal with the blow- as tough as my arms are, my shell can take a much bigger beating. As one arm struggled with the shield and my back tilted to face the sword, it put my other arm in the perfect position for an uppercut. My arm shot up for his abdomen...

They nodded vigorously. They really had to remember that word; Curious. They'd probably use it a lot in life. Like right now, as they clarified, "Curious!"

OOC: Sorry this took so long, been a bit under the weather.

IC--Beat--Gym

Beat gave her opponent the once-over as she landed on the opposite side of their platform. The blue Rahk didn't seem to have a great combat record, if his damaged spines were anything to go by, and his fidgeting had "nervous" written all over it. That didn't necessarily mean he wasn't dangerous, of course, but it couldn't hurt to give his anxiety a bit of a nudge...She smirked cockily, spun her axe once, then settled into a ready position and waited for her enemy to make the first move.

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Kaboom, meanwhile, was assessing his own quarry. Knives, staff, some gauntlet modifications that might or might not be weapons...no real way to tell her variation, unfortunately...and their platform, he noted with a slight grimace, was small enough that he'd have to be careful with the explosions. Still, he liked his chances, and as he drew his swords--cutlass in the left hand, chute blade in the right--his typical confidence returned. Not giving the enemy any more time to prepare, he lunged, his electric sword lashing out at her center of mass and his mundane weapon staying in close for defense.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Vyper - Gym.

As my opponent grimaced in my general direction, I allowed myself a moment to analyse our situation and surroundings. Our combat platform was elevated, with a number of angled pillars situated around the edges. Below was water, presumably intended to cushion the fall of those who were removed from their platforms, and the floor of the platform itself was coated with a layer of coarse sand.

Interesting choices, and all of them potentially useful, if one was creative with their tactics.

Now, for my foe... Two different blades, one seemingly ordinary, the other decidedly Xian in design. The tools of the Vortixx weren't exactly my area of expertise, despite my own reliance on a Rhotuka, but I did my best to have a passing familiarity with the wide variety of killing tools I might encounter during my eventual tenure in the Brotherhood's service. Not a Kanoka Blade, those don't work for us... and clearly not a Twilight Blade... It also lacked the bulky additional equipment that ordinarily accompanied an Energy Siphon Blade, leading me to surmise that this sword, with its swirling, blue-tinged surface, was probably one of those nasty, semi-intangible Electro Chute Blades I'd read about. 

How this rahk had come across such a sophisticated piece of technology wasn't worth wasting time to guess at. He had it, and there was little I could do to defend against it directly. I decided, then, as my opponent began to charge towards me, that avoidance or removal would be my optimum options. 

I tensed my legs to spring, analysing my foe's chosen strategy as he lunged. Right hand dominant, most likely, and definitely over-reliant on that fancy sword of his to end things quickly, judging my the way he'd immediately lashed out at my torso. I jumped back, deliberately too late, allowing the tip of the weapon to slice narrowly across my chest. It hurt, of course - electricity always hurt - and I even let out a pained yelp for dramatic effect, before stumbling back against one of the pillars near the arena's edge. 

"Ow," a whimper, just a little more fuel for my foe's fire of overconfidence. I twisted my face into an expression of fear, clutching weakly at my staff as if I'd never fought before. It was demeaning, degrading even - Mother would kill me for this! - but I wanted him to think I was easy prey, wanted him to think he'd already won. Confidence was such as a simple thing to build up, and so very satifying to bring crashing down... 

Edited by The Good Guys

IC: Shock / Gym

Shock jumped over Percy's blade, bringing his own straight down at Percy as he landed.

So it was the newcomer's turn to ask questions. Well, she could give a better answer than the ones she'd been given. "I am a mechanist. Devices, equipment, modifications, and similar are things I create. A place is needed to create them, so I am building such a place, to be free of distraction and well located for the collection of resources."

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff