Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Paladin
I jumped up a little as the punch hit me, in turn yanking my shield back, too. I dropped my sword, grasping my abdomen, in pain. "You're-ARGH-going to pay for that, scum." Growling, I shot forward, and attempted to slam him in the face with my shield.

Edited by Roadhog

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Even as he cackled with glee, a part of Kaboom's mind was racing. The display of weakness was convincing, sure, but if she was really that incompetent, would she really be fighting here? It was just possible, but not exactly likely. But, whether the performance was genuine or not, she had loosened her grip on that staff. Kaboom drew in his chute blade and darted in with his cutlass, aiming to knock the weapon out of his opponent's hands.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Vyper - Gym.

I let out a cry, barely parrying the sword swipe, before falling back against the pillar. For the most part, my chosen response was only intended to maintain the act of inexperience, but it was also helpful to confirm that my foe's secondary weapon seemed to be lacking any advantageous special properties. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Fountain

It was all he could do to hold back his cries of pain.

He hadn't expected the hammer to be so swift. He felt his magnificent fins get flattened even more somehow. He barely caught himself from going flat onto the floor from the impact.

His left hand snapped upwards to grab onto the shaft of the hammer, while the right one brought the fan axe from the side in a weak but hopefully distracting attack.

IC: Geuua - Gym.

I started to heft Blazebreaker again, only for my opponent to reach up and grab onto its shaft. As he did, I felt his weapon clang against the armour of my thigh, scratching at, and partially denting, the top layer of metallic protodermis. 

Fixing both hands around the hammer's handle, I yanked on it, hard, while stepping slightly to the side in an effort to stomp on the hand still wielding the fan axe. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Fountain

Whoop

Suddenly, Fountain was flying. No, falling- no wait. The hammer. This Rahk was clearly much stronger physically than him if it could do that. He felt something brush against his hand as he went up in the air-

OW MY SHOULDER OW.

Not wanting to continue the pain, he had to let go, jolting as his feet made contact with the stone. Hopefully, he at least ruined the weapon, but with his luck so far he guessed it had actually gotten stronger. Not wanting to be the unfortunate victim of the return swing, He skipped backwards as fast as he could, but unable to move far, for the foot had landed somewhat onto the fan axe.

"Come on, stop this." I winced, taking a few steps back and settling back into my safe stance in the center of the platform, "Do yourself a favour, and just give up." I wasn't like Sugil, or the God Twins - I didn't derive pleasure from the suffering of others, and I certainly wasn't enjoying the slow process of beating up someone who was too stubborn to concede. 

But I wasn't going to surrender to spare him, either. This was what I'd trained for - to prove to myself, and my stupid karzing siblings, that I was just as strong as they were. Perhaps stronger. 

IC Percy:

Once more, he pressed inwards, coming up with an arm to intercept not the blade, but the wrist, as it swung down.

This brought his own blade too close for use.

The blunt pommel however, swept in, aiming for a blow to his opponent's head.

IC Diode:

I looked my opponent over. That green was exceptionally eye catching, and I wondered for a moment if it was to draw the eye away from weaknesses. I wasn't sure how clever others were, though, given past encounters at the Garden and Library.

Hard to say their variation at this point, but I had few worries in that regard. Their melee weapon sugggested they weren't Accuracy, at least. Unless it was a throwing weighted axe. Scratch that, they might be Accuracy.

I shook my head internally. No point wasting time like this. I stepped forward, more confidently, leaving my own weapon on it's hooked side.

"I'm ready if you are."

IC: Orimnoc

Although disappointed that she hadn't been paired with her preferred opponent, Orimnoc made her way to the same platform as Torc.

OOC: Completely dropped the ball on this. My bad, Onaku.

IC: Torc - Gym

Seeing that most of the others had started already, Torc simply shrugged his shoulders before turning his attention towards his opponent.

"Ready to begin?" he asked, figuring he'd give them a few more seconds to prepare out of courtesy.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

Taking my hand away from Remembrance's hilt, I began to draw the surrounding air - along with the particles of sand drifting in it - in towards my open palms, before releasing it once more in a wide blast, aimed towards the arena floor.

Spread out as it was, it wouldn't be nearly as powerful as my earlier concussive blasts, but it'd certainly be enough to blow the sand back towards the far side of the platform, and prevent my foe from being able to use it to spot my vacuum blasts in future. Karz, maybe I'd get lucky and some of the flying sand would get in his eyes. 

But I knew me - I rarely got lucky. 

IC: Liar - Gym

Working with sand was tricky, even more so when actively trying to use it as a form of defense. Because of this, Liar had taken the time to start squinting beforehand and to lower his head, just so he didn't end up accidentally blinding himself in the process of using it to his own advantage.

Upon noticing that the dust was starting to float ahead of him, however, clearing up some of his own vision in the process almost as if they were being pulled towards his opponent, the Rahkshi of Dodge instinctively skidded to a halt, closing his eyes completely and thrusting his swords out in front of him as he expected an impact from another blast of air. Feeling the substance begin to mound up around his legs all at once as most of it seemed to continue past him, he felt himself suddenly falling forward as his own two feet were swept right out from under him. Within moments, he found himself completely submerged, coughing up bile as he managed to accidentally inhale some of it in his attempts to breathe.

Despite being otherwise physically unharmed by the action, one thing had become perfectly clear to him; he was now more determined than ever to end this farce.

Truth be told, he was actually in a better position to enact his plan now than he would've been if Stripes had done chosen to do nothing at all; sure he no longer had a conenient indication for any future incoming air blasts, but to be perfectly honest, he didn't have much hope of pulling a victory out of his own Karz-Hole to begin with.

Time to get this over with, I suppose. I've got pranks to pull, people to torment, and all that jazz.

Inhaling slowly as he released his grip on his weapons, he reached for the bandolier strapped across his chest, removing two of the fireworks before striking the fuses against his arms and igniting them. The delay was a bit longer than he would've liked, and he doubted they'd do much damage on their own anyway, but he knew that long before he picked them up back in The Cauldron, and while his next attack did involve them, it didn't entirely revolve around them.

But if I'm going out, at least it'll be with a bang...

Waiting for a few more seconds in order to cook the explosives, Liar thrust himself out of his sandy tomb, only to toss them at both sides of his opponent as a form of distraction. As soon as they left his hands, however, he quickly crouched back down, grabbing his scimitars once again before taking off like a madman, using his powers to zigzag down the middle as the built up friction between the metal and the now sand-free platform left a trail of sparks in his wake. Best case, they'd divert their attention towards the projectiles, allowing him to at least get in one or two good strikes to their midsection before absolutely getting the Karz beat out of him; maybe even more if they were actually caught by surprise and became temporarily blinded. Worst, he'd be dragging himself out of a watery trench and heading to the infirmary with a few dents in his armor and covered in scorch marks after he was simply just blindsided off of the platform by a gust of wind.

Either way, he didn't really care anymore. He knew it would be over soon, which was precisely why he was still grinning and now laughing maniacally, bloody teeth and all.

IC: Rail - Gym

Letting himself watch the green and brown Rahkshi for a few seconds longer, Rail eventually cracked his suit's neck before heading towards his own platform as well.

IC: Glass

The Chain Lightning Rahk stepped up to the aforementioned platform, he couldn't help but start to get excited. The thrill of battle...

Since when has that been thing for us? It's... Weird that I'm feeling it.

Shh, just let go and enjoy it.

Glass pulled out his main staff, his macuahuitl Terrortooth resting dormant on his hip.

"So who's this Rail?"

Having already arrived for his duel, Rail furrowed his brow, pondering whether this apparent ignorance to his existence was merely an act in an attempt to get him to lower his guard or if his opponent was truly this oblivious to his own surroundings.

Either way, he was ready to fight.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Fireworks... what the karz... Stupid me. Even after everything I'd been through, it was clear that I still had a lot to learn when it came to combat. First I'd failed to take into account our surroundings, and now, I realised, I hadn't paid close enough attention to my opponent. I'd been watching him, his movements, his tactics, his expressions, instead of acknowledging the more obvious issue presented by the explosives strapped across his chest. 

My mind raced - we weren't supposed to interfere in other fights, so I couldn't just fling the incoming pyrotechnics off in random directions. Resisting the instinctive urge to lash out with full force, I instead buffeted the two fireworks with only light gusts of air, enough to push them off the edges of the platform, to (hopefully) land harmlessly in the water. 

Unfortunately, by the time I finished doing that, my opponent was almost on top of me, that same bloody grin splitting his features, and a maniacal cackle emanating from his mouthparts...

IC: Glass

"Hey, what's up?"

That's the best you can do?

It's not that easy.

Hush now.

Glass mentally quietened the voices. Now wasn't the time. Adopting a guard position, he started to circle his opponent, Chain Lightning flickering at his fingertips, ready to launch out through the staff.

Edited by Norik Apple Juice

IC: Slif - Gym

The shield slammed me upside the head, clacking my jaw together and possibly cracking a mandible. My brain rattled around in my head, and my vision doubled. Despite the ringing in my ears and the blood in my mouth, I still managed to force out, "Scum? You want scum?"

My vision still slightly blurred, I lashed forward, feigning to go for the shield, but I fell and let my body slide, reaching out to grab his ankle.

IC: ??? - Ruins on the Water

Uhm.... that was a lot of big words. It seemed that everyone they had met so far was much more,er, complicated than themself.

"O-oh..." They stuttered. 

"Ruhkshi... and mechmemist?" Could you be more than one thing? Could they be more than one thing?

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Kaboom scowled. For all that his opponent seemed frightened, he'd barely managed to scratch her, which supported the idea that her apparent feebleness was just a well-acted bluff. But she was vulnerable now, backed up as far as she could go, so he withdrew his cutlass again and whipped the chute blade toward her knees. If she avoided that, he'd know she was faking it.

IC--Beat--Gym

Beat nearly took a swipe at the guy right there, but she forced herself to keep still. In a situation like this, it was better to let the other guy go first, even if waiting around for it was boring as Karz. Her smirk widened, but she did not move or speak.

Okay, no more playing around. He'd called my bluff; it was time to dispense with the theatrics. As he bent down to swipe at my knees, I kicked up off of the floor, my modified legs allowing me to easily jump up over the swinging blade. 

As I did, I lashed out with my staff, sweeping the flattened edge towards the side of his head. 

• Upvote 1

IC Fountain

They had moved off of the axe. Thankfully. It didn't take long for Fountain to swipe it back into his other hand as well-

Give up.

Was this half-brained, Brakas-faced idiot dumber than this?! Is it physically POSSIBLE to be dumber than this?!? You don't just give up honor!! WHERE DID YOU GROW UP

Fountain seemed to grow a shade pinker, and his breathing got heavier. Not even his rather badly bruised shoulders anymore to him. He would make this fool know their place.

IC: Shock / Gym

"Again? Really?" Shock said, as Percy once more received a nasty shock upon contacting his arm. Sure, he'd stopped the blade, but that couldn't be much better. As for Percy's incoming pommel, he moved to stop it in almost the same way, throwing his other forearm against Percy's to halt the strike - and as a bonus, that was another point of contact through which to pour the voltage into his opponent.

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

This guy really was confused. Or... very new. Oddly enough dealing with someone so ridiculously inexperienced was almost refreshing for Gaever, in the sense that there was little need or sense in comparing herself to him, and perhaps it was why she was relatively willing to explain things to him. "Yes. Rahkshi is our species, and I am one who is a mechanist - who deals with mechanisms."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

"No?" I sighed, giving Blazebreaker a brief twirl to work some feeling back into my right arm, "Apologies in advance for what's probably going to happen next," I shifted into my usual defensive stance, grasping my hammer in both hands again. 

Following through with his attack as the explosives sailed towards the moat before detonating just over the water and splashing some of it into the air, Liar quickly crossed his arms before delivering two horizontal slashes towards his opponent's chest, the tips of his weapons still hot due to the time they spent sliding across the ground.

Chain Lightning... Haven't faced one of them since Xara...

Should be fun.

Considering how his opponent had decided to reveal their variation to him so early in the match, Rail felt that there was no reason for him not to extend the same courtesy. Thrusting his arms to his sides, he activated his powers, causing the trace metals within the sand around him to quite literally leap up off of the platform as they raced to uniformly coat his suit with their essence. While not as thick as the pre-forged armor some of the other students had been sporting, and not quite as protective as what another Rahkshi of Magnetism of a higher level would have access to, they would still provide him with at least some additional protection in the event that he found himself unable to properly avoid a blow, which would hopefully allow him to fight a little bit longer should combat break down into a straight up brawl.

Stepping in tandem with the other Rahkshi's movements, he tightened his grip on the handles of his Tiger Claws as he raised his fists out in front of his chest.

"Ready when you are," he said simply, trying to predict what their next move might be.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I did my best to jump back, knowing that the air-cushioning trick I'd experimented with during my training with Cao wouldn't be much good against this attack. Still, by the time I'd reacted to my opponent's charge, he was almost on top of me, too close to avoid. One of the blades tore a searing furrow across my lower chest, while the other was mostly deflected by one of the knives in my bandolier, tearing the throwing blade free of its holder and sending it skittering off the platform. 

Bracing myself against one of the pillars, I drew Remembrance, the green-tinged jian whistling smoothly from its sheath. No holding back, Exxan, I told myself, You've got nothing left to lose, and everything to prove.

My opponents foot cleared my hand just fast enough to not be grabbed, but not fast enough that he didn't feel my sharp claws dig through his ankle. I did feel a little bad about that one, that was a pretty cheap shot, but what can you expect from 'scum'? 

Suddenly a sharp pain ripped through my hand. I bellowed like an animal, anger and pain in my voice. Rage sparked to life in my veins, I felt hot. Hot inside my hand, in my head, I needed to get it out. My hand was stuck under his foot thanks to the friction from the sand. I felt my opposite hand, however, begin to harden in response. I don't have much, but I can be thankful for when my adaptation actually works for me. My other fist flew in from the side and straight for his ankle

IC: ??? - Ruins on the Water

They didn't know what a "species" was, but if being a species meant being a rahkshi, and being something else too, then that sounded exciting!

"Me... too? Moare?"

A grin bubbled up to their face like a sunrise after a cloudy night. The muscles felt stiff, but it was a good feeling to smile, still.

IC: Fate - Infirmary

A pair of tweezers in my hand, I plucked at his tentacle, gently. It would be very tender at this moment, after having been so freshly wounded. After seeing my patient interrupt his blank stare with a small whimper, I decided against trying to remove it. I'd have to shut off the pneumatics and pull them apart. Picking up a tiny screwdriver, I loosened the pressure to each individual pneumatic, allowing them to be freely moved. One by one, they were pushed aside to allow the tentacle to move. I was somewhat surprised that the control dock was intact underneath, I had assumed it would have been crushed under the malfunctioning armor.

"The odd thing about rahkshi armor," I mused aloud, "Is that it's both organic and inorganic, at the same time. Not like a matoran, or skakdi, or anything like that, it's entirely metallic, and yet it gives us an extension of feeling that we wouldn't dream of having outside of them..."

I fished a few spare parts out of the shoulder of my previous patient, and carefully inserted them into the shoulder.

"There. Your control dock is fine, so you should have full range of mobility in no time. However, your siphons have all but been destroyed, so I've given you a new set. The arm should heal now, now that it has a steady energy flow from your body. You'll have to stay well-fed and hydrated for it to do it's work though, can't run on an empty tank."

I took his old shoulder casing into my hands. For the most part it was fine, it's gash was only cosmetic, no important parts were broken. I gave my thumb a lick, and pushed firmly along the seem. The molecules comprising the armor slowly bent to my will, loosening to the point I could force them into place and reunite them with each other. After one slow pass was done, I smoothed the edges were my thumbs depression could be seen, until it looked almost as though it had never been touched.

I continued the process on his kraata case, albeit without the thumb lick. I borrowed a little material from the corpse to use as a patch; most of the original material was still present but there appeared to be small chunks missing from it. Better safe than sorry, in the end.

The sword connected, and stuck in the space between my wrist and forearm. It hurt like Karz, but it wasn't nearly as bad off as the other hand thanks to it hardening. My fist continued on into the ankle of the 'knight'. Though slightly slowed down, it should definitely make an impact.

" - oof." That hurt. (At least even that brief contact inflicted a few more sparks on Percy.) Shock rapidly retaliated with a sharp electric kick at his opponent's knee.

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

Smiling was not Gaever's forte, but observing the newcomer do so she raised an eyebrow, and sorta half tried to reciprocate. Those muscles were stiff for her, too. "Indeed, you have the capacity to be multiple things."

IC Percy:

Through blurry eyes, he saw his opponent make some sort of attacking motion.

He let his power pull him backwards into a clumsy back handspring that might have been a bit painful on his fingers, if he could feel them.

Back on his feet, he shook his head, clearing up his vision a bit, and assuming a defensive stance.

IC Fountain

They had the middle of the arena. Fountain glanced around at the arena itself. Sand, stairs, some water, all made from this mysterious living stone. Perhaps I could throw...

No. Not only was that very unsportsmanlike, it was definitely not very chivalrous. However, he had to keep up the fight. He could never lose.

He stood, half-defensive, unsure of what to do, looking death at Geuua.

"Fine, then," I sprinted in to attack, moving to bring my hammer down towards his already-injured shoulder, before lowering my own shoulders, turning my wrists, and sending it sweeping down towards his knees at the last moment.

Edited by The Good Guys

IC Fountain

Thanks to his stupid skirt, he wasn't as agile as he'd like to be...

As the hammer came towards his shoulder, he swept his fan axe down, and began to bring it up to intercept. But suddenly the hammer changed, coming off from the top still, but now aiming towards his knees. It wasn't a very smooth transition, and he brought the flat of his axe up to block it.

The result was... Interesting. Instead of grinding against the flat, it vibrated like a gong, no noise but a lot of vibration. The hammer's strength was also enough to break past the strength of his arms and slam the flat itself into his knees. His legs gave way under the hit, and he collapsed forwards, towards the now shorter Geuua, shocking himself on instinct, in an attempt to get on top of her.

Comtinuing his advance, Liar propelled himself onwards, thrusting his left sword towards the other Rahkshi's thigh as he sought to bring his right down on his arm.

IC: Torc - Gym

"Oh, really? Well in that case, we should probably forgo the whole "let's hold back during the start of the match" thing and just jump right in to beating the Karz out of each other," he said, channeling his heat through his suit and his blades as he casually shrugged. "Since you're so eager to be done with this as quickly as possible, I'll let you have the first move."

Seeing as how he was going to get shocked anyway, Rail simply responded to the attack by swiping the weapon off-course with a backhanded swing before launching himself forward in  an attempt to spear his opponent to the ground with a shoulder tackle.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Ha! I knew it!

...uh oh.

Kaboom hastily turned his lunge into a full dive, hitting the floor as the staff swept inches above his head. She seemed to have jumped more-or-less straight up, so he rolled onto his back and thrust his chute blade toward her airborne form.

IC--Beat--Gym

It wasn't a particularly tricky strike, and Beat easily blocked it on the shaft of her axe. She thought about giving a theatrical yawn, but decided that wold just be asking for it. She trusted to her unshakeable smirk to send the message as she twisted her weapon, attempting to wrench the hook from her opponent's grip.

IC Fountain

The result was... Interesting. Instead of grinding against the flat, it vibrated like a gong, no noise but a lot of vibration. The hammer's strength was also enough to break past the strength of his arms and slam the flat itself into his knees. His legs gave way under the hit, and he collapsed forwards, towards the now shorter Geuua, shocking himself on instinct, in an attempt to get on top of her.

In aiming for his hampered knees, I'd known there was a very good chance of my opponent falling over, perhaps even towards me. As such, I'd been prepared to move out of his path the moment he started to topple. 

I twisted to the side, shifting backwards and yanking my hammer free. I raised it high, before beginning to swing it down towards my opponent's head... and then I stopped, just short of striking. "It's over." 

Comtinuing his advance, Liar propelled himself onwards, thrusting his left sword towards the other Rahkshi's thigh as he sought to bring his right down on his arm.

I swept down Remembrance with my right hand, parrying aside the blade aimed at my thigh. Unfortunately, there was little I could do about the other sword except turn my arm, allowing it to bite into the more armoured portion of my outer forearm.

I clenched my teeth, refusing to give my foe the satisfaction of hearing me cry out. My turn... I lashed out with my powers, unleashing a focused blast of air towards my attacker's torso. 

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Ha! I knew it!

...uh oh.

Kaboom hastily turned his lunge into a full dive, hitting the floor as the staff swept inches above his head. She seemed to have jumped more-or-less straight up, so he rolled onto his back and thrust his chute blade toward her airborne form.

While my foe was flinging himself to the floor, I was grabbing onto the pillar that had been directly behind me, and hauling myself up on top of it. I had to give my opponent credit, though, he was quick to react. I felt a crackling stab of pain in my lower leg as his chute blade swept through it, the weapon having likely been aimed at where my torso had been before. 

Wincing, I finished my climb and balanced myself up on top of the pillar, tightening my claws and focusing my powers through my feet to secure my grip to the angled stone structure. "And I thought this was going to be easy..."

Edited by The Good Guys

IC Fountain

It wasn't over until Fountain said so, or at least, Fountain thought so.

The moment she had fully moved out of the way was the moment Fountain lost his surprise towards her. Pushing with one of his hands, he swept to the side as the hammer readied to hit the air, and fully convinced she intended to follow out the movement he made good spacing himself, his other hand readying to lash out at her shins with the fan axe the moment-

"...And who are YOU to determine the end?"

He shoved his fan axe into the ground next to him, starting to pull himself upright. "You coward. Even if I had been there you had not the courage to put me in my proper place. You are an example of why there are no warriors in this school."

Shock rapidly fired off a Zamor at Percy as he got to his feet.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

Thurisaz was keeping a close eye on the lopsided fight between Geuua and Fountain. If Fountain hadn't dodged, albeit barely, that last halted strike of Geuua's, he would certainly have ended it himself; even as it was he was pretty close to doing so. But it wasn't quite there yet; he'd give Geuua another moment or two to definitively demonstrate superiority.

OOC: Thurisaz is watching this closely and prepared to intervene quickly if necessary, so please don't inflict any fatal blows without giving me a chance to stop them.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Kaboom could tell he had struck his opponent, but it didn't seem to have been a serious enough blow to take her out. He curled his legs in, rolled over again, and went into a backwards somersault, spinning and brandishing his swords all the while. As he rolled to his feet on the opposite side of the arena, he continued twirling his swords as elaborately as he could manage--which would normally be a complete waste of effort, but it might distract her from the Madu Cabolo which had been cut loose during his somersault, and which was even now about to collide with the base of her perch...

IC--Shrapnel--Halls/Infirmary

Not bothering to go all the way back to her dorm, Shrapnel shuffled into the infirmary and collapsed on the first empty bed she saw, completely ignoring the rest of the room.

IC--Magnum Opus--Cauldron/Causeway

This, Magnum Opus decided, was ridiculous. He had spent far too much time dithering in this cave; he needed to at least see if Canvas was all right. If she wasn't, he could lend a hand, and if she was, she wouldn't need to know that he'd been checking in on her. Mind made up, he raced out the entrance of the cave and back towards the school.

IC--Nyarl--Gym

As he strode into the gym, Nyarl’s eye was instantly drawn to the tournament, flashy as its makeshift venue was. He was tempted to stop and watch for a while, but reminded himself that he had more important things to do. He tipped his satchel over, emptying the water into a basin that formed from the floor around it. As he replaces the chakram in their slots, the bowl of water flowed into a stone mold of roughly the same shape as a Kanoka disc. It was time to see how feasible this idea really was.