Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Kororia - BOOKS

Kororia gasped in wild, bewildered wonder at the room beyond. Books! There were so, so many books! Her parents had books, and they had a lot, but this was just incredible! She could sit in here for hours and still not have read them all. She made a tiny, high pitched squeak, shaking with excitement as she took it all in.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Gaever / Ruins on the Water

The solemn situation would not prevent Gaever from explaining her response to Phantom. "The dead are buried so that their bodies cannot be marred by Rahi," she described. "It is a... respect... of sorts."

Perhaps that explanation didn't do the concept of a funeral justice, but Gaever was not a poet.

"First, though, shovels should be produced." It would be easy, and make the digging much more so; it wasn't as though the body was going anywhere while she did. All she had to do was take a metal shaft and plate - she'd already collected a few of each - and then, hand glowing with green plasma, melt the plate onto the end of a shaft, then bend it and shape the edge into the contours of a shovel. Then, dropping the crude and still hot shovel on the ground to cool, she repeated the process. "There, a shovel," she declared, extending the earlier shovel, now touchable, to Phantom.

IC: Vlad / Library [probably]

It was getting to be an awkwardly long duration they had spent just taking in the Library. "Er... vould you like to stay here, or should ve go somevhere else...?" Vlad asked Garrotte. Did they still have anywhere to go? Not in the school, he was fairly sure...

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Tear - Library

She was so happy... but she wouldn't stay that way if Tear was there. She silently began edging toward the door.

IC: Garrotte - Library

Garrotte took her eyes from the books and stared blankly at Vlad. "What did you have in mind?"

IC: Kororia - You Can't Escape Without A Hug

Tear would find her retreat marred by a small, squishy, soft Rahkshi hugging her legs. "Thank you so much for showing us how to get here!!! There's so many books!!! You're the best!!!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Cuutuk - With Melody

He holds her close as they walk, feeling very calm and at ease. This was great. Him and his... female... friend... were going to practice together for the first time in months. There was just one problem, though...

Rogue notes. Tough bass notes could be heard being thumbed from the exact hiding spot they were headed to.

Krieveks - The hiding place of Melody Rahk

He was gently playing some sad bass guitar, almost mournfully. His day wasn't going too well. He threw up his lunch in the bathroom because he could never keep anything down, his neighboring dorm members had started complaining about the noise, and he was hungry. That was always a big one for him. As he thumbed out bass notes, he began trilling lowly and softly some lyrics to a song he was writing.

"Ship off... sail here... all but abandoned, but stay tough... don't fear... feet in the sand from the peer~.... So hear me, see me, I'm not invisible. The secret to happiness is to just be able to speak.... and be heard~." he softly and quietly sang. Since he was alone, he could pour out his emotions into his music. His bass lined perfectly with the music. He had been practicing for quite some time out here alone.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

IC: Kororia - Library

"Can you show me your favourite books?" She looked to her other new friend. "We can find your favourite books, too!"

IC: Melody - Cauldron

A haunting melody echoed out from the Cauldron, and as Melody led them closer to her cave, it only got louder. "W-what is th-that?" she asked nervously.

"W-well, I don't really... read." Tear admitted, before suddenly wishing she had said nothing at all. She'd never get out now.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry, I've been a bit busy lately.

IC: Kororia - Books With Friends

Her eyes went wide, and she gasped. "You don't read? But what do you do before bedtime? Oh, I know!!! Can I show you my favourite books?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

"B-b-but... I d-didn't show it t-to anyone else..." she stammered, getting more and more nervous the closer they came.

Her head tilted to the side, her blank eyes searching Vlad for answers. "Courtyard?"

Tear wavered, knowing this would be her prison for the next few hours. What if... something happened, and someone got hurt? How could she live with herself? "I... I sh-should really be... g-going," she said, taking a half step back.

Cuutuk - Getting a bit angry

"Come on. Let's go meet this punk, whoever they are." he says, taking her hand and walking over.

Krieveks - Hearing people

Krieveks stops playing. He heard someone. He had to escape, but there was only the one entrance. He backed up to the wall, hugging his bass for support as his eyes widened.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

• 2 weeks later...

She tugged back softly, trying to meet his eyes with her own wide, frightened ones. "B-b-b-but... wh-what if it's f-f-friendly?"

"Yes." She nodded, giving no sign that she was asking to be taken there nor simply acknowledging the definition as acceptable.

IC: Kororia - Library

"Awwwwww, why?" Kororia was very saddened by this. "We didn't even get to finish the tour..."

• 2 weeks later...

"Will it be safe? Most Rahkshi don't like going outside."

"Y-you... w-wanted to see the L-Library, didn't you?" Tear stammers, stepping back another half-pace.

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Tube - Infirmary

Tube seemed to think deeply for a moment. "Well, he had shadows, but otherwise he was..."

That was when their patient suddenly started yelling and jerking around. Tube happily obliged with their request, releasing them to fall the short distance onto an Infirmary bed. "Oh! You're awake! Get better soon!"

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

It would probably be a good time to kick off the final round of the tournament, except that Glass was yet to return. Hopefully he wouldn't be too much longer.

IC: Glass

Well, should be fine now. Let's go back before they start.

Agreed, and before he starts he lashes at us in this state.

Glass slipped out and jogged back to the gym, spotting Thurisaz near the doors preparing the last round's announcement.

Can't believe we're in the finals! We're not completely stupid!

No thanks to you...
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Kororia - Better Late Than Never

Kororia tottered after her, but respectfully kept her distance. "Yeah, but there's other cool places, right?"

IC: Crate - The library

The way my mind works is odd.

I'll occasionally get the urge to do things or go to places my character archetype would not do or even consider doing usually.

Sometimes I'll ignore it, though often these days I'll find myself following this odd feeling.

I'd say today is one of those days, but there somewhat of an actual reason for why I'm at the library today.

There's a particular type of "Intellectual" I find often in this area. You know what I'm talking about, the know-it-all bookworms that rot away in a forest worth of books and studies, rejecting combat training or even social interaction for festering in an old paper and wood city. 

I believe the term is "Ripe for the picking"?

In any case, the library is where I decided to dwell for today. I guess I could get some reading done if I couldn't find anyone to antagonize today, not that it matters considering there isn't anything to even study for anymore.

I'm not complaining. 

A particularly tall and thick book case looks to be the perfect place to get a good vantage point. I'm not the biggest rahk around, but there's a reason I manage to get away with most of the stuff I do to people. I scramble up to the top, unapologetically knocking over a few books, earning a quiet grunt or a sigh from a few of the nearby bookworms. As much as I like easy pickings, I want to see if there was anyone in particular I'd like to prey on today.

I squat at the top, looking down at the library.

OOC: Crate is officially open for interaction.

IC: Paladin - Infirmary

"Wait, Glass!" I called out, to no avail. I coughed more, blood still infesting my windpipe and mouth. I drifted off to sleep again, alone.

Edited by Okuyasu Nijimura

IC Diode:

With an annoyed huff, she made to scoop up the fallen books and replace them. Truth told, the Porters were more than capable of doing it, but there was a certain level of respect that Diode had for the leather bound pages.

IC Burn:

The Burnmeister had antagonistic plans of his own, quickly focusing quick shots of bright light at the eyes of a few readers around every couple of seconds before returning to his own readings, barely stifling his chuckles.

IC: Crate - Library

Hmm....

Slender, clear signs of losing multiple fights, unlikely to fight back...

Mata Nui, I did tell you this place was like heaven on earth for whimpering nerds, right?

I grab a nearby book from under me, titled "Rahkshi and their variations", and experimentally throw it at the shock-slug.

OOC: Crate harassing Diode

Edited by Okuyasu Nijimura

IC: Dissent - Awakening

Dissent groaned. How long had she been out? As she opened her eyes, the blackness she had awakened to was replaced by a stone ceiling. The stone ceiling of a small... dormitory room? Where the karzahni am I?

Getting out of the plain and uncomfortable bed, Dissent's suspicion began to grow. They didn't... they couldn't have. Opening up the door to the room, Dissent glanced around the dormitory hallway. Those no good pieces of-

As she exited the dormitory into the courtyard, her suspicion was all but confirmed. She'd been dropped off in the middle of Corpus karzing Rahkshi.

Oh, you knuckleheads are going to regret this. Making her way for the nearest way out of the courtyard, Dissent began walking the hallways of the compound, looking for an opportunity to stir up some trouble.

OOC: Dissent is open for interaction

"U-uh, well... y-you don't really w-want to see the Gym... or smell the R-Refectory, d-do you?"

IC: Tube - Infirmary

Seeing Glass was getting back to the Gym, Tube decided it was their time to go as well. They gave one final shout of "Palma! This guy's dying!" before running out the door to return to their Master.

She spins on a heel and starts walking toward the door.

IC Diode:

Said book was sizable, what with 42 variations to cover. It struck true, and Diode yelped, more out of surprise than any real pain.

He shot Crate a dirty look, but didn't react otherwise.

Had the shelves been metal, she might have sent a nasty numbing shock to teach the guy a lesson, but as they weren't, he decided to let the matter go. Petty antagonism was hardly the worst she'd endured, after all.

IC: Crate - Being annoying

Some low life loser might have gotten upset at the lack of a reaction, but that was like a challenge to me.

This is where I start having fun.

The small tesla-charmer is just below me, well within the range of my level 2 powers of Illusion.

Suddenly, a rather mischevious looking rahkshi of Illusion appears in front of the bookworm. They wave their hand in front of the tesla-charmer's eyes before disappearing in another second.

I grin and stifle a snicker, still sat above the bookworm.

IC: Quark - Dormitory - Here at last!

Quark sighed as he sat up.  He bounced on the cot for a moment, admiring the fact that it was neither uncomfortable or comfortable; a perfectly bland, absolutely unremarkable bed.  He was still in bed due to how late he had arrived at Corpus last night.  Even Rahkshi needed a solid eight hours.

He stood up, wincing as he almost scraped his spines on the low ceiling.  Boy, they really designed for the minimum here, didn’t they?  He stretched (careful not to punch the walls or ceiling by accident), letting out a massive yawn.  He was careful to keep said yawn quiet, knowing that his Power Scream ability could give his neighbors a really nasty headache.

He slung his bag across his body, his twin shortstaves clinking reassuringly against his waist as they swung from their straps.  He wasn’t really hungry, and didn’t exactly know when his first class was, so he decided to do some reading.

Quark danced to his own rhythm.  Literally.  Keeping the rhythm of a normal walk, he rotated his shoulders to the beat of imaginary music.  At one point, he kicked off of one wall, leaping all the way across the hall before mirroring his earlier action, then kicked off of the ceiling, flipping down and (barely) landing on his feet.  It was a miracle he hadn’t decapitated anybody.

He entered the library, shutting the door behind him quietly.  He scanned the room, then the shelves, quickly finding the section devoted to his favorite subject - natural sciences - and plopped down on the floor with a book on the mechanics of elemental powers.

OOC: Quark open for interaction in the library.  TL;DR: Quark is hyperactive and likes physics.

IC: Crate - Still being irritating

For such a pathetic looking electro-slug, this rahk is taking longer than the average bookworm to give any sort of reaction.

A spark flies past my face.

Perhaps the direct approach might work for once.

I lay down, sliding down the bookshelf and hang downwards next to my latest victim, like some sort of snake rahi. I move my head towards his/her head and whisper.

"Pssst."

The snicker escapes my mouth this time, and I jiggle slightly as I hang downwards next to the bookworm, this time the laugh is clearly hearable by most people nearby. 

I didn't care or mind.

IC: Crate - Starting to have fun

I swing away from the scratch, a few sparks from the hand again miss me.

My chest begins to hurt as my giggle turns into a cackle.

I quickly calm myself. I'm supposed to be a professional at this.

"W-what are you-hehe-reading?" I manage, before sliding off the bookshelf completely and landing next to the bookworm.

IC Diode:

He scowled, once again annoyed that she'd let his past get the better her.

"Nothing, actually, I came here for some quiet after fighting in the tournament."

It wasn't a bluff. He -had- fought in the tournament. He hadn't won his fight, though that was in part due to the unfavorable match up.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

The stately tournament master observed that the final combatants had now readied themselves.

"It is time for the tournament's final round," he declared. "Both remaining participants have fought exceeding well thus far, and though the rules remain the same, I expect this last fight to be the most interesting yet."

"The final match - Exxan versus Glass - may now begin!"

IC: Vlad / Library

Vlad hurried after Garrotte. ...Wasn't he supposed to be giving the tour?

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Exxan - Gym.

"Well, this is..." I broke off, considering what words might best describe this situation, "...ironic, I guess."

I clambered up onto the platform, settling into a defensive stance near the edge of the arena. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xara - Gym.

I was jealous. 

It was stupid, and insensitive, and selfish, but I couldn't help it.

Glass and Exxan were the last rahks standing in this tournament. Two of the oldest students in the school, students I'd fought against and alongside on multiple occasions, students who I'd known since the very first assignment. They'd fought their way through the entire bracket to wind up on that stage together...

...and there was still a tiny, childish part of me that wished I was up there in their place. Karz, Xara, grow up. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Illusive - Malebranche.

It was mid-afternoon when I finally decided it was time to return to Corpus Rahkshi. I'd enjoyed my time in Malebranche, discovered a great many things, learned even more, but I knew I couldn't stay. If I lingered too long, I had no doubt that Icarax would send someone after me, and that whoever he sent would be a being far more formidable than I. 

Armed with the knowledge I had sought, I made my way to the city outskirts and switched to flight mode.

It was time to return home.

IC: Sliver - Infirmary. 

It felt like forever (almost three and a half months, to be precise) since I'd first been tasked with the demeaning, menial task of assisting in the infirmary. Fortunately, this place was slightly less busy than the refectory had been, and since my... skillset... wasn't exactly suited to medical work, there were periods where my intervention wasn't required.

I spent my breaks skimming through the documents the other healer rahk trainees had been studying. Some of them were treatment notes relating to other students from the school, although the names and other identifying details had been redacted. Severed limbs, lacerations, mutilations; the warriors of Corpus Rahkshi had endured an impressive, extensive slew of injuries.

But then, I came across a file about a rahk who... forgotten he could fly... and jumped out a window... and broken his legs... and somehow built himself new ones out of scrap metal he'd salvaged from other student's rooms. After that, I found a document about a mentally unhinged rahk who'd claimed to be friends with Toa, had some kind of unknown implant embedded in his arm, and had subsequently gone on to lose an arm and a leg in a Matoran attack. And the madness didn't stop there. There were many students here who'd been maimed and mangled due to their own idiocy, or driven to madness by their unfathomable mental inadequacies. There were even multiple blind students enrolled here!

I'd made a single mistake. A big mistake, a potentially devastating mistake, but one that had ultimately caused no lasting harm. But here I was, being paraded around and punished while these wretched, worthless wastes of antidermis were allowed to roam free, instead of being euthanised and recycled for the good of all rahkshi kind. It was appalling, disgusting, an insult to all of the hard work that had gone into creating and running this place.

More importantly, though, it was an insult to me.

What had I done to deserve punishment? I was perfect. Powerful and imperious. Cunning and callous. Everything I'd been raised to be. Everything a rahkshi was supposed to be. I was pure karzing evil, and I loved it.

This punishment was an injustice, and someone was going to pay dearly for it. 

But not now. Not yet.

I would have to endure this misery a while longer. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dissent - Library

After navigating the nondescript hallways of the compound, Dissent finally came across something that looked different. Walking inside, she almost bumped into Garrotte as she was walking out. "Whoa. Hey. Is this..." Dissent waved to what basically amounted to the entire school. "-place Corpus Rahkshi? Please don't tell me it's Corpus Rahkshi... Actually, do tell me if it is Corpus Rahkshi." She cleared her throat. "Sorry, I've... kind of been caught off guard just earlier."

OOC: Dissent interacting with Garrotte

IC: Helkyrie - Her room

"So..." Helkyrie inspected the empty tea cup she held in her hands before looking up at her guest, Lucid. "You done with your tea?" She asked.

IC: Rōzu - Refectory

Rōzu entered the Refectory alongside Rider. "So... refectory slop?"

Garrotte was just realizing she had no idea where the Courtyard was when a Kurahk appeared in her way. She came to a screeching halt, meeting the Rahk's eyes with an unsettling stare of her own. "Um, well... I... don't understand."

IC: Canvas - Library

They started with what they knew, which admittedly, wasn't a lot. Canvas explained how she knew Rain, both from home and from watching her on assignments and through the halls of Corpus Rahkshi. What surprised her, however, was Dormirahk's own experiences with her, none of them kind.

As it stood, Rain had a lot more enemies than friends, several of which had threatened her on one occasion or another. Canvas' head sank wearily into her hands. "Maybe we could... find some of these students, and try to get more details?"

IC: Dissent - Library

"This location. In general. Is it Corpus Rahkshi?" There was a faint growl of impatience to Dissent's voice, but she tried her best to keep it in check.

IC: Dormirahk - Library

"Maybe. But we have to be careful not to tip off the killer." Dormirahk had their arms folded. "I've never investigated a murder before... this is uncomfortably new territory for me. Any mistake could be fatal."