Question About Washing Bionicles

TOAOFCOMEDY

Um, yeah, haven't posted anything in a while.XDAnyway, I was just wondering, can soap (liquid, foaming, or bar), or water do any damage to Lego?I was wondering because I recently washed one of my Bionicles with foaming soap (cause it was smelled weird) and when I put it back together, I noticed that 1) the pieces were looser, and 2) when I pulled apart one of the joints to properly dry the knob, it seemed unusually stiff, and it stopped almost halfway apart (not good; almost snapped). So, anyway, grateful for any help. :)

I don't wash Bionicles, because they don't exist.As for washing Bionicle pieces and LEGO pieces in general, I first disassemble everything, rinse in luke-warm water, and perhaps apply a little bit of ivory dishsoap if they're actually dirty.Let them dry thoroughly, and they should work fine.I'd advice against hot water, because heating up any form of plastic is a negative, both for the pieces themselves and your health. Plus, heat expands and cold contracts, so I would avoid either extreme altogether, as they could alter the stability of the pieces.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

Only a few times has washing parts been necessary for me, but when I do, I take all of the parts apart and run them under cold-to-lukewarm water. Then I just use regular hand soap and rub the affected area, then rinse again, thoroughly.Then I surround them in a towel and shake.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

If a Lego's dusty, spray it down with water, and pat-dry it off. It'll be fine afterwards.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I don't wash Bionicles, because they don't exist.

He can call them "Bionicles" if he wishes, not doing so is only your perspective; there's no need to be snide.Anyway, I don't wash my sets, Bionicle or not, I usually just dust them, otherwise they get really disgusting. :unsure: Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

bzp_banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Joints probably got slippery because of the soap. I usually just wash them with water, maybe use liquid soap on them and wash them nicely. I've never really found any problem, to be honest.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I always use cold water, sometimes hand soap. It's always fine for me. As long as the stuff comes out. And keep it away from toothpaste! It stains it permanently. :biggrin:

I recommend regularly washing rubber parts like Krana and Kraata. Makes the colours brighter.

I don't care how bright its colours will end up, I'm not washing my sterling-silver Krana-Kal. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I always use cold water, sometimes hand soap. It's always fine for me. As long as the stuff comes out. And keep it away from toothpaste! It stains it permanently. :biggrin:

I recommend regularly washing rubber parts like Krana and Kraata. Makes the colours brighter.

I don't care how bright its colours will end up, I'm not washing my sterling-silver Krana-Kal. :P
Then it might end up a Sterling Black Krana-Kal. But you know, it is possible to electroplate a WMKK, VMKK, or SSKK and make it gold, but I digress, PM me if you want more details. But for dusting electronics, where a moist dustcloth is not an option, you can always see how far blowing hard and mashing it into the carpet gets you.

aouROFb.png

Then it might end up a Sterling Black Krana-Kal.
Which is exactly why I'm not washing it. Ever. Period.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Did I mention the word 'rubber'? :P Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Did I mention the word 'rubber'? :P
The Sterling Silver Xa-Kal is rubber, but it's silver plated.I found out it was special when I did what I did with all my other Krana:I tried to eat it.Owwwwwwww... Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Did I mention the word 'rubber'? :P
The Sterling Silver Xa-Kal is rubber, but it's silver plated.I found out it was special when I did what I did with all my other Krana:I tried to eat it.Owwwwwwww...
And they called "Do you eat your Lego Bricks?" a stupid question...

aouROFb.png

My only key advice is, when washing -any- LEGO in general, don't go overboard on the chemicals, especially disinfectants like Pine-Sol or imitation brand.Use too much, and you can actually fade the color. It has happened before.I'd say half a capful to a large quantity of water will disinfect the entire lot. As for scrubbing, Dawn has proven to be safe on animals, it'll be safe on your LEGO too : D

bzpsig2015.png

Hot water is a major no-no. I've never tried using soap on LEGO pieces, but I have submerged them in cold water before, sometimes for hours on end, and it had no harm done. (I used to play with Gali/Gahlok/etc. in our swimming pool when I was little).:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

• 2 weeks later...

Being a thrift-store-shopper, some LEGO and Bionicle sets I get are a bit, uhh, gross. So I wash them off.On a funnier note, I remember when I had a bath in a hotel (with lots of jets) and I put my Turahk in the tub and he just floated around and around and around......It was really funny.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must say that i take some spray bottles and do a light misting because my bionicles collect a whole lot of dust. like my antroz from the jetrax is covered in dust, but besides that i don't wash them.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.