Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Temple).

This god heart had better be worth it.... Oblitus continued warily down the tunnel, keeping his disk launcher and smart tablet light pointed in front of him. The creepy dead arm had been pointing back down this branch of the tunnel, so he could only assume that this was the right way to go. 

"How much further?" I said, mostly to myself. These tunnels have to end somewhere, surely? 

IC: Cor Saeva - Camp

I picked myself painfully up off the ground, ignoring the pain in my back, and leveled my blunderbuss. "Come and get me!" I snarled at the monster, trying to catch its attention. All I needed was one clear shot at its face...

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken (Subterranean Sea).

While Kat explored the tunnel, I kept my back to the entrance, eyes sweeping through the cavern. This place was huge, and I swore I could hear something or things moving through the water in the distance. But they hadn't come near us yet, so I wasn't going to seek them out.

"Found anything yet?" I called over my shoulder. This place was starting to give me the creeps....

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

The combined efforts of Kain, Zekev and Shard were enough to cause the beast to retreat, wounds sizzling in the open air as acidic blood splashed onto the environment. Dropping to all fours it galloped into the cover of the forest, leaving wreckage in it's wake.

Those in the camp were silent and apprehensive for several minutes, but as the sounds of trees and brush being disturbed grew further away, the pressure dropped and the oppressive roar of the ocean grew quiet. Sgt Logan approached the survivors, rifle in hand and trained on the tree line.

"Let's get a headcount! Are we all in one piece?"

Underneath Mangaia, the red lightstones became less frequent. The tunnels were bathed in inky blackness, the only source of light were the trio's tablets, pale blue reflecting off the paler white of the vines. Giving them an eerie, bioluminescent look. The diary had proven to have little information of worth, it had documentation of several days of research in the antechamber far above, then several more pages of illegible ranting.

Ahead, light could be seen, soft and pale.

In Oblitus' pocket, the battery object would have began to thrum and vibrate, growing warm and illuminated.

So to, would the device in Einefus' pocket. In the low light where they had found the corpse, it had been easy for him to mistake the curious battery shaped device as another one of the handgun's rounds.

"Hey! Is this... Money?" In Ertrunken's cave system, one of the lower ranking soldiers bent to pick up a handful of shiny objects. As he scooped up the handful of coins from the ground, a soft click and a whooshing sound were heard as a trap was sprung, he and Mokeron were lifted off their feet and now hung suspended in a net.

...but close to it

OOC: Ingrayv doesn't actually have a smart tablet. He shuns such modern conveniences. :D

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Mangaia Temple)

The tunnel is growing increasingly dark. Despite my claims to the contrary, I have taken to reading the mad ramblings with in the diary as we walk. I can't make heads or tails of what was written, except for some boring and unhelpful early entries. It doesn't help that the light is growing dimmer.

Finally, I give up and pull my pack around in front of me to put it in my backpack. As I'm doing that, my hand brushes the pocket in which I deposited the odd rounds. The pocket is vibrating, and now that my attention is focused on it, I can hear a low hum. I put my hand in the pocket and scoop the rounds out.

One of the rounds is vibrating and glowing. It is warm to the touch. I bring my hand closer to get a better view of the object, and in doing so, I realize that it is not a round. I don't know what it is.

I pick that thing out and dump the rounds back in the pocket. As I swing my pack around to my back, I hold my hand out, palm up, the object resting in plain sight.

"An'one know wha' dis t'ing maht be?" I ask.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Kat/ Ertunken:

"Nothing, just.... A real long tunnel. Lotta those old lightstone posts you see in museums and such. Should we go in further? It might link up with the main highway."

whoosh.

"The karz was that?" I said, frowning and turning to shine my spotlight on the now suspended Mokerun and soldier.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

"Give me a look?" I held up my tablet, illuminating the object. It looked similar - not quite the same - to the battery device that Ascension had given me. I dug it out; it was warm, and vibrating in a very similar was to what Einefus' device was. "You might want to hang onto that," I suggested, "it could prove to be useful." 

There was some kind of light up ahead; it seemed we were getting close to... something. 

IC: Cor Saeva - Camp.

"I'm not completely in one piece," I grunted, sitting down and reaching a hand behind me. My coat and armour were.... missing.... where the void attack had hit me. The skin underneath was raw and bloody. "Ouch...." I lowered my hand, "....we still got a medic?" 

IC: Lufon Vance - Etrunken (Subterranean Sea).

"We can try...." I started to call back to Kat, when Mokoran and one of the idiot soldiers got hoisted up in a net. "....for karz's sake..."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kain - Base Camp

"I think I'm good," the Ta-Matoran said, staring off in the direction that the creature had escaped in. "Might need to restock the ammo reserves, though."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM

After one last turn, the tunnel widened and opened into a vast cavern. They must have gone a lot deeper than they had realized, for the cavern was filled with a great tree. It was composed of the same gnarled, pale wood and twisting vines that had snaked all throughout the catacombs. Vibrating with the pale green bioluminescence that had painted the tunnels.

The floor was covered in a alternatively soft and crackly layer, a mulch of soil and biomass with dried bone-like branches and dried branch-like bones scattered about. If you craned your neck up, you'd be able to see the tree was at least fifty bio tall, and the base of it's trunk was a third of that in diameter. As the trio of grave robbers entered the room, a soft rustling came from behind them. The entrance was now blocked by three golems composed of the mud, sticks and bones that littered the floor.

Eyes of pale green light flitted around what could be called their facial area, giving a message hard to misinterpret ; Leave or Die

Sgt Logan and the others had gathered what remained of Uno and his exosuit, he pocketed the soldier's dog tags and redistributed his ammo and supplies amongst the others.

"Well, whatever that was, it's likely out there somewhere." He gestured to the thick forests to the north. "We need to keep heading southwest along the old road, this forest thins further on. If it's chasing us, it'll be chasing us through an open landscape. Anything that bleeds can be killed. We just need a more favorable arena."

He had the remaining medic patch up Cor Saeva, luckily she had dodged the worst of the cutting void.

Soon, the party was ready to depart. The wind had died down during the hour spent at camp and the sunrise couldn't be more than another hour away.

"Alright, head out!" Logan ordered before clambering back into his armor and closing it's hatch.

Out of the the silent black waters beneath Ertrunken, a dozen figures surfaced. They wore suits of thick woven plantlife, covered over with bits of shell, rock and sand. After the two matoran had triggered their trap, they made their move. Quickly surrounding the member's of Vingt's Expedition, brandishing all manners of cobbled together weapons and equipment.

At their front was a particularly tall one, he held a cruel looking crossbow, armed with some sort of rigged up explosive. A small sprite of fire hovered near the charge's wick, a product of the ancient EDD adorning the matoran's head.

"Bros'te oruzhiye!"

...but close to it

IC Mazex:

The Icy Knife boosted into the air, following Bolt and the Jatikko.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

"Well.... this is new...." I'd never seen anything quite like this before, and if it weren't for the fact that the creatures looked ready to kill us on the spot, I would have loved an opportunity to get a better look at them.

As it was, I simply raised my launcher and fired a razor-edged disk right at the nearest one's face.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Cor Saeva - Camp (Ash Hound

I sat down in the driver's seat, hunched forwards so that I wasn't leaning on my injured back. "What was that thing?" I asked Zekev. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The big one seemed to be trying to communicate. Unfortunately for it, I don't negotiate with hostage takers. I fired my crossbow, the armour-piercing bolt crossing the few short bio between us as it flew straight towards the creature's throat. 

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Mangaia Temple)

I had previously thought highly of this Oblitus--he did, after all, show great skill in dealing with the gate guard and that captain--but he dropped a bit in my eyes. I mean, his reaction to seeing three large creatures of unknown origins and power was to shoot at them?

"Ain' yuh da smah' one, huh," I mutter drolly.

I slowly light another cigarette and place it between my lips. I then reach down with my left hand and grip the pistol on my right hip, but I don't draw it just yet. I want to see what happens first.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Cor Saeva - Ash Hound.

"At least I had your back..." I replied, "....or.... it got mine, or something." 

"That might be a problem," I replied, "it looked angry, not injured. I think it'll be back." Which was why I'd let Zekev take the turret. I was tired, injured and angry. Not the best headspace to be in while manning the heavy gun. 

"You better have my back this time," I warned him, "or I'm not going to be happy." 

I stepped forward and yanked my bolt free of the exo-suit, before using it to reload my crossbow. "Well then, since you seem so fond of them, you can bloody well try to translate!" I snapped, angered at her interference. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC Kat:

I cocked my head. I didn't recognise the language.

On a whim, I popped the hatch, crawling out of the mech. The spotlight still shined, casting a wide circle of light onto the floor.

I wrote a few character's in the dirt. Standard Matoran, most everyone who could read at the very least understood it.

:h: :e: :l: :l: :m_o:

Edited by The UltimoScorp

GM

A quizzical look flashed on the natives face before he turned to the left, barking an order out. "Prinesi mne, Dmitry!"

Out of the group came another native, much shorter and smaller. His voice marked him as younger as he conversed with the first matoran in low tones.

He turned to Kat and spoke. The pronunciation was a little off, and the tempo jumpy, but it was legible.

"You are offered, speaking on equal ground." He kicked some sand on the exosuit's feet. "Good, ja?"

...but close to it

"My happiness is always a priority," I protested, "unless you want me to drive us off a cliff, that is." :D

"You really want to make me facepalm while I'm driving?" I growled. "Because the way you're going,  I will. And then I'll lose control and then we'll crash and die, and it'll be all your fault." 

"Zekev.... you can't fly."