Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Cor Saeva - Camp.

I tried to help Zekev up with my free hand, while the other now cradled my blunderbuss. I didn't like my chances of getting off a shot at whatever was attacking us, but I didn't intend to meet my maker without at least putting up a fight. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

At Oblitus' tug, move the vine did not. It was firmly attached to the larger body. Also, the narrator had mentioned a crack in the wall. It was roughly skakdi-sized and led to a tunnel, perhaps he didn't make it clear.

The tunnel led down and out of sight, vine pale as bone stretching down into the depths.

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Mangaia Temple. 

"Looks like this is our only way forward." I said over my shoulder, raising my disk launcher and stepping into the tunnel. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Mangaia Temple)

"Dat cap'n shuhly didn' min' sennin' us tuh 'is trash 'eap," I say, creating a flame in my hand to help light the room. "Olliously he jus' don' know how homely dis is fuh me."

I give the area an unconcerned scan, and then watch as Oblitus gives a root a yank.

When nothing happens, I blandly say, "Guess i's good dat wahn' no trap or som'in', eh?"

I follow him into the tunnel. I can't see very far down. I can see the vine tracing a path downward.

"Follow da vine, den?" Without waiting for a response, I begin trudging downward, lighting my half-smoked cigarette with the fire in my hand.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Temple).

"I guess so." 

OOC: According to GM im with Kain right?

IC: Shard/Engineer's Camp

I heard Uno shout as I guided Kain to the camp. I immediately rolled up to him...or rather what was left of his suit.

I ran to Sgt.Logan.

"Sir! Kain is back and Uno has disappeared!"

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

OOC: Your last post had seemed to imply you were heading towards the perimeter or something, Kain was heading  towards it as well, so... I put you guys together.

GM

As the party of Olis, Einefus and Oblitus descended, the vine become larger. The gnarled roots old and hardened to wood over some long period of years. It became apparent that the storage/trash rooms above had been added on to the temple, this tunnel seemed to be the original temple, the construction was much different. The walls of the tunnel earthen and natural. Perhaps this labyrinth had always existed, and had merely been used by beings in the past.

The red lightstones became more frequent, giving the burglars a better view of the environment. The tunnel had become quite a bit taller, maybe even warmer. How deep had they descended?

At a fork in the road, they found the first body. A dried out husk of a matoran, colors drained away to leave nothing but rusted metal and bits of bone. His pack lay on the floor beside him, the leather dried and darkened.

In the camp of Treize, the chaos and confusion was quite understandable. Last we had heard, a our party of intrepid adventurers, wily mercenaries, average everymen and hardy soldiers had been attacked by a thing. This thing had bored clean and perfect holes through several trees and one of the hardy soldiers. It was clear the narrator had either left things hanging on purpose, or used prose too purple to accurately convey what had happened.

What happened next was clear, visible to several of the party. The same void in space passed through the camp, carving holes through tents and stacks of supplies, then, it stopped. If you looked hard enough, you could see a faintly shimmering orb in the air, just then, something peeked out of it.

It looked like a humanoid snake of sorts, observing the premises with reptilian eyes. With a twisting of space, it exited the cutting void. Standing taller than even a Vortixx. It's tail thrashed around, bloodied and ragged. Dropping to all fours, it charged at the Ash Hound.

Underneath Ertrunken, the expedition out of Vingt made their way across the shores of the great underground sea. It's slate-gray waters stirred gently, the whole cavern was silent save for the noises of machinery and the soft mutterings of cautious soldiers.

On the radios of Legion and the crew of the Vengeful Inferno, Silat spoke.

"What are you seeing down there?"

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Temple)

"Ugh...." that was nasty. I bent down to look the body over, trying to discern anything I could about the body; how old it was, the cause of death, whether if it was carrying anything worth taking. "Someone search his pack." I suggested. "See if there's anything worth taking."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken (Subterranean Sea)

"Can you see anything in there?" 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Cor Saeva - Camp (Under Siege).

I saw the.... thing.... exit the sphere and charge towards the Ash Hound. I didn't know what the beast intended to do, and I didn't care. The Armour had saved my life more times than I could count, and I sure as karz wasn't going to let it be destroyed by some monster.

I got to my feet and charged into the creature's path, leveling both of my blunderbusses at it. The thing's tail was torn and bloody, so I knew it could bleed. And if it could bleed, it could die.

With that in mind, I waited until the monster was almost right on top of me, then emptied all four of my blunderbusses' barrels into it. 

I take a moment to digest this sight. The body looks like it's been there a while; I leave Oblitus to check it out.

At his suggestion, I take a look at the pack. I don't know much about leather work, so I have no means of discerning whether or not it is fairly new or old. I can see that it's rather dry and dark, though.

I bend down and grab the flap, flipping it open. The dried leather feels like it's about to fall apart, but what do I know? I pull the opening wider so I can look inside.

I shift my head just in time for a bit of smoldering ash from my cigarette to drop to the ground instead of the pack.

IC: Kain - Base Camp

The Ta-Matoran flanked the creature's side, rotating the other arm of his suit to reveal his second Gattling Blaster before firing a multitude of super-heated rounds in it's direction, hoping to tear its attention away from the Vortixx and the Skakdi so that they could get back in their tank.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM

Legion's floodlight illuminated a side tunnel. It snaked down into the earth, bearing the marks of use. Wear and tear from foot, claw and boot.

Inside the corpse's pack were several items, including;

• A pack of cigarettes, three missing
  • Sketch paper with rough drawings of the tunnel system they were in
  • Diary filled with crazed ramblings
  • A greypowder weapon? No, this was much smaller and more compact. It had an odd revolving portion in it's middle. Aside it, five rounds had fallen onto the floor. They resembled the rounds that armor used, propellent and projectile in one

The sketches revealed little, they seemed to consist of the tunnel they had traversed and little else. Somewhat expected of a cartographer that had died before making it further. Cause of death was hard to state. He had no food or water on his body, nor containers that would've held them. Inside his diary was page upon page of a madman's rantings, barely decipherable as letters in some places.

As if by divine providence, the trio's moving of the pack and general movement made the corpse topple over. His arm was outstretched in a grim arrow pointing down the left tunnel. Bones as pale as the vines.

Cor Saeva's shells sunk deep into the creature's flesh, it's eyes showed a mix of pain and anger, but it still advanced on the Ash Hound. It was distracted only by Kain's fire and Shard's crystal spears. It lashed out with it's tail at the duo before backing away, producing a sphere of empty, cutting void with it's left hand and sending it flying at Zekev.

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Etrunken (Tunnel System)

"Let's get moving then." 

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Temple)

"I guess we go left." 

IC: Cor Saeva - Camp (Under Attack)

Dropping my now-empty weapons, I threw myself at Zekev, shoving him aside and praying that I didn't get hit instead. I didn't want him to die, but I didn't want to die for him, either. 

• Upvote 2

IC: Arktinen (Jatikko/Near Neuf)

"Thanks!" I say, hopping back into the tank with the two big sacks of shells slung over my shoulders. I dump them in the back of the turret near the loading hatch for Gamma, then sit down in my gunner's chair and wait for the others to get inside so that we can get going.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Cor Saeva - Camp (still under attack)

I lay on my side, groaning. My back was aflame from where that weird void attack had grazed me. I struggled into a sitting position and reached over to pick up one of my blunderbusses, reloading it as quickly as my stinging muscles would allow.

I couldn't believe I'd taken a hit for Zekev. What the karz is wrong with me? 

IC: Kain - Base Camp

Kain forced his Exo-Suit to jump backwards, narrowly avoiding the creature's swinging tail.

Well, if that's how it wanted to play...

Streams of fire emerged from his suit's Flamethrowers as he followed the being's movements, intending to barbeque its backside.

"Would really appreciate some heavier firepower right about now!" he yelled through the mech's exterior speakers.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Was assuming that the tail was swiping at Cor and Zekev...but okay.

IC: Shard/Engineer Camp, Engaging the Beast

My exo-suit's versatility allowed me to slide under the tail. While Kain was trying to fry the thing with his flamethrower on the other side. I began trying to block off the beast's way to the Ash Hound with crystals and impale him with some other ones to help Kain create a roasted shish kebab out of it.

I toss the cigarettes aside--"Anyone wan' dese?"--but I tuck the map into my own pack. I don't see how it can be of much use, but I don't want to discard it on the off chance it does prove useful. The gun occupies most of my interest. It's smaller than my greypowder hand pistol, and it has a revolving cylinder in the middle that has six circular slots for--I'm guessing at this point--the objects on the ground next to the pack. They remind me of tank shells, except much smaller. I instantly wonder why these types of weapons aren't more widespread. I bet this thing could be reloaded in the same or less time than my greypowder weapon could be reloaded with a single shot.

I scoop up the rounds--what else would they be called?--and dump them in one of the smaller pockets on my pack. I tuck the gun in there with them.

The last item, the diary, I hold up. "I don' feel like tryna ma'e head or tails o' dis. Some'ne else, feel free."

IC: (Olis/Vingt)

Olis stayed silent, eyeing the corpse as they passed it.

The first reason for this was that he didn't feel he had much to say, and the second was that he couldn't actually understand what the guide was saying.

IC: (Zeleran/Neuf)

Getting inside, Zeleran instructed the driver to head for Nomans land.

Edited by Sil
  • Upvote 1

Kathok

IC: Derkahn (Near Neuf)

Alright, finally it is time to move on. I start up the engine, enjoy its cacophonic rumble for a moment and push the pedal with my foot. The tank soon obeys and begins to accelerate. "Hope you're sitting comfortably, because it's going to be a long ride folks" 

Driving can be boring when the scenery has little variation. That's the case right now, when we're travelling through the Ihu mountains on the Northern highway. Large, dark clouds hide away the beautiful and impressive mountains in the distance, and the road is a rather monotonous, winding path. Not much food for thought, really, so I decide to stir some conversation. "So, how long will we stay in Nomansland? There's not much to do nor many people to rob. What's the plan, Commander?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Kaleva - Neuf

Noticing the Jatikko was starting to move out, Kaleva walked over to Jäger and got into the suit, starting the exo moving and following the armor once more.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Arktinen (Jatikko/Noth Ihu Highway)

"Whatever we're doing, we should move more quickly," I say, again flopping down so that my head's sticking out of the bottom of the turret. "This pass is too narrow; we could be attacked at any moment. It'd be like shooting Ruki in a barrel with a coilgun."

VBWj75sh.png