Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Cor Saeva. 

"I give up," I sighed. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

Lufon might've taken a few down. But being outnumbered, outgunned and in the enemy's home turf, he most definitely wouldn't have made them regret too much.

He, Kat and Mokeron (the last of these three had somewhat confusingly ended up with the first two instead of feasting and drinking in the barracks) were led into the chassis-house after handing their weapons over. If any of the natives were surprised with the Ta-Matoran's gender, they did not show it. Inside the structure was a rather cozy and comfortable dwelling. Rugs and furs covered the bare metal walls, old train innards and upholstery provided seats and walls to the home.

The entrance also comprised the living room, a bookcase sat on one wall and a fireplace was opposite it. The dank chill of the tunnels was counteracted somewhat by the cracking orange-maroon flames. In an old conductor's chair near the fire sat a wizened figure. He was a matoran of... some type. His organic muscles and tendons were wirey and thin, coloration pointed to either Magnetism or Iron as elemental affinity, he wore an old grey Hau that hid soft blue eyes behind a sort of visor that had been added on.

"Welcome, outsiders. I've heard of your entrance and meeting with our people." He gestured to a row of seating opposite him. "Please, take a seat."

Against all odds, the hike up to Burial went off without a hitch. The quintet of Cor Saeva, Shard, Zekev, Logan and Dix had reached the island by noon. They had not needed their climbing gear as the stone stairs had been left completely exposed by low tide, this saved them from dealing with the toxic waters as well.

The island was a fair bit higher and larger than one would've expected at a distance, they were likely half a kio above sea level. The waves crashed into the rocks far below. The shoreline was marked far away by a line of damp sand and marine life that had been stranded by the retreating waters. All in all, the island was a good kio across at low tide. Logan had speculated it was volcanic in nature, rather than a reef island, basing it on several things he had noticed and explained with long paragraphs of speech.

Sunlight had penetrated the entrance way, it opened into a building that was completely out of place in time. Swords, axes, bows and rusty pieces of crude armor lay scattered about. One crate even had tools for food processing that were thousands of years behind current technology. As far as the party could tell, no electrical wiring or indeed, electronics of any sort were present. The antechamber branched off with three paths, one of the north, to the south and to the west. The west likely led to the central courtyard. Perhaps the others led to the outerwall and buildings.

"Alright," Logan handed out sheafs of paper. "Cor Saeva and Zekev, you'll be heading down the northern passage. I'll be taking Shard and Dix with me on the southern passage. My guess is that they'll eventually meet up or open into the courtyard. Please map everything you can see, take notes of anything, well... Out of place would be the wrong term, given the fact we're in a prehistoric castle. So just take notes of anything that strikes you two as especially out of the ordinary."

He shouldered his greypowder rifle, taking point and moving to the south. "Safeties off, anything hostile gets a double tap to center mass."

One by one, the golems fell. Fire was something the author had forgotten the party possessed a powerful tool of destruction against beings of such a flammable nature. The golem that Oblitus had fired upon went down as it's legs collapsed, it's body slowly burning to ash and tar. The last one rampaged towards the two matoran nearer the tree, luckily for them, it was easily avoided. It ran into the tree with a dull crack and -

Fell through.

A great chunk of the tree's bark had been broken, the trio heard the golem tumble and crunch it's way... Down?

Peering into the new entrance, the matoran would find quite a peculiar sight, the tree's great trunk was hollow. Inside, a network of thick vines and branched continued downwards for at least a hundred bio, bioluminescent light filled the great cavity. Far, far below, a reddish glow was present. The same as the lightstones that had guided them through the first part of their journey, augmented by the faint ember of the guttered out golem.

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken (House)

"I'll stand," I said gruffly. 

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (North Passage)

"I've got a bad feeling about this," I muttered, drawing one of my blunderbusses and holding it at the ready. "You lead." I told Zekev. 

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Temple)

"Someone want to jump?" I suggested, only half-joking. "Or perhaps we could use some of those vines as ropes." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (North Passage).

I trailed along behind him, covering Zekev and casting a glance behind us every few seconds just to make sure nothing snuck up on us. I wasn't paranoid. The void lizard monster that had attacked us wasn't dead. I had a feeling it would be back sooner or later. I didn't want to be taken by surprise this time.

"See anything?" I asked Zekev. 

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (North Passage).

"That's me in the corner of your vision," I remarked dryly, resisting the urge to shoot him myself. "Please take this seriously; we don't know who or what we might run into down here." 

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken (House).

"I don't trust anyone," I growled, tapping my mask. "I have my reasons." 

GM

"We have no reason to harm you, surface-dwellers!" The old man spoke rather jovially, using powers of iron or magnetism, the chieftan called forth a tea kettle from the fire, pouring a cup for each of his guests.

"So, do tell me. Why have you sought us out? Or did you come here through accident? It is not often we receive outsiders and less often that we have sent scouts to the surface."

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"It's funny," I mused, taking the offered drink but not sipping from it. "Our scouts said these tunnels were supposed to be empty." 

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (Skeleton Bush).

I stepped forwards, trying to figure out what species the skeleton was, then prodded it with my gun to check if it really was dried and ancient to the point that a stiff breeze might crumble it.

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

The Ta-Matoran blasted his radio as he stayed behind to watch the vehicles, forming an air-guitar with his hands as he did so.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Mangaia Temple to The Great Hollow)

As I pull a new cigarette out, I drop the remnants of my last one in the hollow tree and watch it spiral downward.

"Vines'd be bes', ah think."

I put the cigarette between my lips and grab a vine. With a laborious grunt, I ease backward into the hollow tree and begin rappelling downward.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: (Zeleran/Jat, Nomans)

"Yes, you are technically second in command." Zeleran replied to Arktinen from where he was scanning a map at the front of the tank's cramped interior.

IC: (Olis/???, Vingt)

Eventually freeing his feet by reversing the gravity around him until the rocks and vines "dropped" away, Olis eyed the new opening, nodding at Einefus' statement.

Kathok

IC: Derkahn (Entering Nomansland)

After a while we begin to descend from the mountains, the road becoming incresingly steep and windy. The white clouds remain above us, allowing me to see the wide brown expanse of Motara and the mysterious towers. The others don't get to see this, except maybe Arkti and Gamma, who are in the turret and thus have easy access to the hatch. As I drive the tank and enjoy this exclusive scenery, I ask the commander "There should be a small settlement amongst the ruins some distance away. Shall we head there next?" I remember from my last trip that there were still some people living amongst the ruins.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Zeleran/Jat, Nomans)

"Yes, we shall head there." Zeleran answered, looking at the map. "And as for Carth joining us, I will say yes, but he will have to prove himself with both loyalty and skills. Soon we may reach the greatest treasure our group has ever encountered, but I have no doubt that dangers will be present. It is against these perils that Carth will demonstrate that he contributes more to us than the supplies he takes up."

Kathok

GM

"Scouts can be wrong, can they not? My people are well versed in remaining unfound. As are the Hadals." His tone drained of jovial pretense, obviously Lufon was not the sort to entertain niceties or be entertained.

"I'll be blunt, my people told me you triggered one of our traps, an unfortunate situation. But nothing to start firing at my people for. We've not killed or expelled you from our caves because you can prove useful to as, and, I believe, we can prove useful to you. So, tell me. Are you here by accident or purpose? If you're... Searching for something, we might be able to set up a deal."

At Cor Saeva's prodding, the skeleton did indeed crumble.

On the other side of the ruins, Dix responded to Shard, "not yet, buddy." The corridor around them was slightly dissimilar to the one that the other pair had taken. It did not open to the inner courtyard and had a dank, dark appearance and atmosphere. As with the entrance room, crates and chests of weapons and armor sat in corners or were hung from the walls. All of them were ancient, metal pitted and dark. The most complicated one was a longbow.

"Weird stuff here, eh? I'd have assumed the ruins out here would all be great old tech-y looking buildings like Motara has. This place is a dump even by our standards." The Su-Matoran mused to Shard. Ahead of them, Logan called a halt.

"Looks like a dead end over here." The bulky Vortixx stood in a circular room. Perhaps under the tower that had seen towards this side of the castle? The walls were blank and empty of devices. The ceiling was lost in darkness, so if anything was present, it could not be discerned. If only one of them could make some light...

The vines were quite sturdy, some of the strands as thick as rope. Intermittent branches and limbs snaked their way around the hollow, providing places to rest and reassess the next move. It was a fairly safe way to getting down, though it begged the question of how the ascent would fair. It was also quite slow and boring to write about, a great hollow (underground) tree trunk extending over a hundred bio into the ground was quite the interesting concept, but the actual appearance was quite vanilla.

So instead, perhaps the slow series of rappels and rests would be interspersed with conversation or speculation.

...but close to it

IC Elerc:

Elerc looked around for a bar or tavern of some sort. Then he got an idea. Surely 'twould be a better idea to post an ad somewhere then to look on foot. Turning his smart tablet on, he began designing an ad poster.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Suko (Treize)

Well, it's not at all like hashtags hit the fan there, is it?

A punch to the left.

Dodge.

Kick with right foot, aiming for the groin.

Get back up again.

Duck.

Finish with an awesome flying kick. There we go.

"I'll be having another one of those beers now," I rumble, turning away from the unconscious body and settling back down at the bar.

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC Elerc: -Trieze

Elerc looked up from his work to hear ka-thunking from a nearby bar. Looking back to his tablet, he made a few modifications to his notice. Then he walked into the bar, towards the bartender. "Excuse me, sir, but does this place let people put up ads? I need to find a gunner, and need to find a place where I can pay to put a few posters up.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Elerc:

"Eh?", Elerc turned around. "Oh, hello. You want to be my gunner? Deal, I guess. Just so you know, my tank's a scout, and not too heavy-armored either. I hope that won't be an issue."

IC Elerc: -Treize

"Right now, I suppose. Just have to get to the Venture and call the Treize officials.

"Let's be on our way then." 

I turn around as we walk out of the door- well, I'm not walking as such; more like swaggering- and, with a theatrical bow, say to the other patrons, "So long, and thanks for all the HASHTAGing fish." 

They simply stare at me as I strut out into the snow.

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

I involuntarily flinch as the bottle sails through the air.

Unfortunately for this patron, I don't like having bottles thrown at my head. When I duck out of the way, it smashes against the wall.

"Cheers for that, mate," I wink, chucking a shard of glass his way.

IC: Arkie (Jat/Nomans)

Hearing Zel's verdict, I MAGICALLstop sulking. I stick my head back down out of the turret again. 

"He's worth the supplies!" I pipe up.

VBWj75sh.png

"Maybe we should go now.", Elerc said, trying to hurry Suko out the door.

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

While I might be arrogant, ignorant, and antagonistic (I freely acknowledge all of these things) I wasn't stupid. I did notice things, and what I was noticing now was a word that I'd heard several times now. "Who - or what - are Hadals?" 

___________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial.

"Oh.... well that's boring," I sighed, digging out a whiskey flask and taking a swig. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Oblitus - Mangaia.

"What do you think's down here?" I asked as we descended. 

"The Venture's just around the block. Follow me.", Elerc said, walking down the sidewalk(If such things exist in Treize).