Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: (Olis/Vingt)

Olis crept towards the fractionally open door, knife raised.

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

"No you don't." Zeleran aimed the disk launcher at the fleeing crew of the collapsed Fikou, firing a powerless metal kanoka that was nonetheless sharpened into a deadly razor-edged projectile.

Kathok

IC: Shard/Burial

I knew I shouldn't have done it. But my self-control faded away when my left hand became struck with small amounts of acidic mucus-like substance. With a roar, I used the sword again with both hands, rock, brick and sand, being absorbed by the blade, along with some armor plates from my nearby suit, and I attempted to kill the beast.

"GRAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

IC Kat:

"EL cannon up." I spoke, my voice hard.

Fire burst from the under slung cannon, this time in a wide swath of flame, lighting up the tunnel as well as likely scorching any thing in its path.

I'd made a rookie mistake, walking straight into an ambush.

IC Carth:

The grisly sight which met my eyes was not a new one, though I admit I've never seen the effects quite so close.

My stomach turned, but I still had to keep moving. Moving kept me alive.

With a groan of metal, the Bolt righted itself, and I quickly moved away from the fallen blue Exo.

"Hang on, fellas, I'm coming!"

Even without the Kakama boost, my Exo is a fast one. As such, Exo Yellow would find itself being charged by a blur of yellow and white, electricity humming at its arms.

IC Mazex:

Mazux deflected the plasma bolt with his EDD as he kept going.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Kaleva

Kaleva had halted his movement as he saw the Bolt's EL Cannons fire. He whistled as he viewed the results. Well, with that one down, there was only the yellow one left. Turning the Jäger towards the tank, Kaleva saw the flying exo fighting the yellow machine. It'd probably be a bit too dangerous to join the fight on top of the armor, even though he could probably use his thrusters to get up there. So, the Ta-Matoran simply had the Jäger swiftly approach the tank, raising its left arm to defend himself with its shield, and to fire on the enemy exo if it came down to the ground.

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

GM

While Shard's first attack had utilized the nearby castle wall as fuel, this one turned to the ground. A huge gouge opened in the island, stretching down the shore below as dozens of cubic bios were heated into white hot plasma to form the blade. The serpent tried to escape backwards, but as it retreated, more of the island was consumed by the sword. It's blade now resembling a giant blow torch more than anything else. Like the ground, it was atomized by the attack. Leaving only charred hunks of bone and metal.

It seemed the island itself had tired of the abuse, low subsonic rumbling emanated as chunks began to break away, falling into the acrid waters below. Charging out of the smoke, Logan picked up Shard by his waist. The matoran was lucky his allies weren't on the side of the island now covered in molten sludge. "We are leaving!" The burly vortixx had once been a kohliiball champion, the manner in which he ran down the island was eerily reminiscent of running a ball to the endzone.

Down below, Kain's assault had proved effective. Fearful of both the sword and panicking about the tremors, the serpent dove off the causeway, retreating into it's watery home. Just in time for the sergeant, still carrying the burnt cy-matoran to charge by. "Men, on my six! We're getting the karz out of here!"

Zeleran's disc found some of it's mark, slicing a deep gash into one of the pilot's legs, sending him crashing and suffering a nasty looking concussion. He lay there stunned. Unfortunately, the other one was able to escape.

Exo Yellow wasn't brave or stupid, so they simply ran away. Hopping off the Jattiko and retreating into the suburban maze with great haste. Well, until they and their retreat route was blown sky high by Arkie and Gamma, turns out enough petrol had been underground to set off quite the explosion. A plume of black ash rising into the sky as bits of concrete and plumbing fell around the battered tank crew.

Despite his exo-suit being powered down (kanohi destroyed, remember?) Sora had seen fit to fire on Exo Red. Muffled screaming could be heard from outside as her psionic cannon did rather unpleasant things to the pilot. Other than the screaming and a couple ancient car alarms going off, the clearing was now silent.

What would've been more worrying, a tunnel full of hostiles or an empty one?

That was up for the party bound for Codename Dragon to decide, as Kat's fire showed the later.

...but close to it

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial.

"Karz!" It looked like the others were running away as well. I'd have to wait for another opportunity to cut and run. I slowed down and turned around, laying down a burst of cover fire towards the retreating serpent, making sure it stayed at bay.

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"That aint good." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

"No, I daresay it ain't...."  

I didn't like this. Why only one attacker..?

I spoke to the perimeter teams, "You lot see anything....?"

IC Carth:

As the yellow Exo tried to run, I fired the EL cannons, the smell of electricity and ozone was like a pleasant friend greeting me once more as the twin bolts shot out. They would never hit their target, however, as the fuel station exploded, taking Exo Yellow with it.

"Karzahni, now that's what I call an explosion! Nice work, fellas!"

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Shard/Burial

I had to abandon my suit...

"My apologizes for abandoning orders, sir. Lack of judgement clouded me," I said this while I was carried by the Sgt. "What do we do about my suit?"

As my suit was on the molten sludge, it was burning and breaking apart. Perhaps I'd have to call for an early retirement after all.

IC: Arkie (Jatikko/Motara)

"Nice work." Clambering down out of the turret, palms still sweaty and shaking ever so slightly from the adrenaline rush, I reply to Zel- "Why the karz do we want a prisoner? He'd just be a liability- I vote we leave him out during the night. He's injured badly enough that ifwe leave him out, the snakes'll get 'im without much of a fight," I continue, leaning casually against a bulkhead.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Mangaia Temple)

I peek past Oblitus and Olis and try to get a glimpse of the grounds around the temple. The place looks largely empty.

I flick my gaze to Oblitus. "Don' know. It loo's empty a' da momen'. We migh' jus' be able tuh slip aht."

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Temple).

"Alright...." I extended my powers around the three of us, dampening the sounds we made. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Mangaia Temple to Mangaia Office Complex)

It is hard to describe, but I can feel the effects of Oblitus' powers as he extends them to me and Olis. I know we will make less noise, though I also know we must still be careful. Dark though it may be, we can still be seen.

"Ah s'pose ah'll tek da lead," I whisper, slipping outside. I scan the area around me, trying to see if anyone is around. I want to get moving, but I'm not sure how far Oblitus can extend his powers. I don't want to get too far way from him.

I motion for Oblitus and Olis to follow me toward the fence around the temple grounds.

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Temple). 

I shuffled after Einefus, eyes sweeping our surroundings. I couldn't use the sonic weapon while I was concentrating on the sound dampening field, so I stuck to my trusty disk launcher, keeping it raised and ready. 

GM

Naona was almost sent flying by the crocodilian spine-tail of Grunbeld as he turned. For whatever reason, the fact that his subordinates were by and large, quite small, had never registered with him. "A situation?! You're bloody well right it's a situation. I've got half a dozen dead foreigners coming to rest in an area of my jurisdiction!" You could almost see the piles of paperwork reflected in his rather bloodshot eyes.

"Perimetr yasno!" Came the reply, all three native squads moving from firing position to a more fluid position of alertness. The translator for the surface dwellers relayed that that had meant "all clear." Explaining that the hadals often set these sorts of ambushes, they liked to leave their prey on edge, picking at them slowly. Even if it meant losing several of their own to tip the odds in their eventual favor.

Half a kio away, a lone camouflaged Fikou sat in the park's tree-rimmed border. It was watching the trio of graverobbers through Ruru-enhanced systems. Radio connected with the pompous Skakdi. See, after having been held up and embarrassed by Oblitus and his party, he hadn't merely went back to his work and sulked. He had had a De-matoran on the entrance for hours, waiting for the noise of the returning party. Whatever they had been doing had took them hours, plenty of time for the guard captain's curiosity to pique. When they had been detected, he withdrew the guards to their minimal and furthest away stations, aiming to lure them into a false sense of security. The same Fikou watching them was to be part of a duo that was to trail them, figure out exactly what they had been doing down there.

Exo Red's pilot had finished screaming. He looked to the Jattiko and her allies with resignation clear on his face. Kanohi destroyed, cockpit smashed shut. Karz, even his suicide pills had gotten lost in the tumble!

Perhaps Black and Pink would show up on a wing and a prayer? Probably not, he mused. At the very least, they might avenge their squadron he thought tearfully. Saluting his far off teammates.

Sword was dangerous, had to run away

Little people, dangerous too. Sharp little rocks

Tell him? He's dangerous too...

Still hungry

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

I scowled, keeping my crossbow leveled. The translator's words had done little to allay my fears. The opposite, actually, since he'd basically outright stated that we were definitely walking into an ambush.

IC: Oblitus - Vingt.

"This isn't right," I said, my voice loud enough for my companions to hear me. "Where are all of the guards?" this place had been crawling with them during the day; it made no sense that there'd be none around at night. 

IC (Outside Neuf's East Gate):

Well, today wasn't very successful.

Real shame, I'd had a hunch thinking there'd be something nice and shiny I could peddle to scrounge up a little more cash than normal with in that little fissure. Turned out hunches had a nasty habit of being wrong with nothing behind them beyond, "hey, that place looks dangerous enough for something nice to be in it!".

Nope. Just bones. Wonderful. Looked like I wasn't eating very much tonight...

How typically Po-Matoran of me, too. Just a few scant kio off from an ocean teeming with life, and you can't muster up the courage to fish, you might tell me. Well, at that, I'd snort and tell you right back that the water's sorely overrated, and anything big enough to eat was gonna be further out than I cared to venture, thank you very much. Geez.

And before you ask about hunting on land for a change, lemme shoot that one down for you too. I stick to the area between Neuf and Seize, meaning I'm comin' in from the east. And if you aren't familiar with what Neuf's done with the land around this area, boy is it a doozy. In their haste to declare that they're the hardest sons of guns on the island, they've:

• Leveled
  • Razed
  • Salted
  • Probably somehow poisoned
  • I'm convinced burned, just as a completionist thing

A huge stretch of land outside the East Gate. Nothing grows or lives there unless they let it, and in times like these they'd prefer clear sightlines to any sort of vegetation.

Could I have hunted? Well yeah, but I'd rather only be alone at night if I had to. Even with the two great nations this chunk of dirt was sandwiched between constantly on patrol, it still wasn't safe for a single Matoran with minimal preparations. I'd rather get back inside the walls and try my luck with a reliable food source than risk going hungry outside at night because I didn't find something quickly enough.

That, and rappelling down in there was work. People underestimate how persistent gravity is unless they're trying to beat it, and when it's you, a length of rope, and a sheer cliff you're using to do that, it's tough.

So forgive a guy, then, for being lazy as he drew up the final stretch towards the massive East gate of Neuf, ready for the same old shakedown.

I mean, they could be intimidating at first, but soon you got used to it. Nothin' like a crew of Skakdi pirates leering down at you.

That was something to be worried about. This was just part of doin' what Mit Nives does.

OOC: Mit Nives open and all that.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC:

LIare wasn't having a bad day. 

Feet kicked up on the radio console, hands laced behind his head and headset over one ear, he had about as many responsibilities that day as Dehka did smiles. Which is to say, none. The radio officer of the Kale, Heavy Armour of the 13th Autonomous Division,

as he took a sip from his flask, idly listening to the radio channels. 

In Neuf, not all that much was going on. Naona was off to see one of the higher ups, something about a ship, and Le-Matoran was just watching the tank. Unless someone came back with a critical mission or he was unlucky enough to pick up some distress signal, he was going to have a nice, lazy day.

Not a bad day for life in the Aggressors.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Mangaia Office Complex)

"Yuh think yuh maht b' able tuh hear an'thin' 'roun' heyuh wi' dose eyuhs o' yuhs?" I whisper in return. I don't really care all that much--death has never scared me--but I also see no reason to let myself be killed without a fight. If someone's going to try to kill me, I intend to make them work for it.

IC: (Olis/Vingt)

Olis was tempted to say 'It's a trap!' for some reason, although he couldn't quite place why. Instead, he said: "I have a feeling we're being watched...let's get out of here."

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

"We don't need to keep him a prisoner, Arktinen, he'll just be a liability. Simply get the information and leave before his allies turn up."

Kathok

IC Kat:

"We take it nice and slow, then. Eyes on, keep me covered. I'm moving up."

The ground shook with every step, and I swept my gaze around. I didn't want to be caught off guard again. Periodically, I sent a flash of flame out, to light up areas that I couldn't see for the others.

"You guys need to collect anything before we leave town?" I asked them. "I just need to grab my exo then I'm good to go." 

"Good...." I continued moving forwards, keeping close to my allies. "If we are being followed, I say we should just skip town now. We don't want to lead them back to our.... contact." Vert had always done good by me; I didn't plan on selling him out to anyone. 

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt)

I place an unlit cigarette between my lips. "Only prollum deyuh is dat ah lef' Irene ou'side hi' shop. Unless yuh can contac' 'im an' have 'im bring her tuh me, ah's gon have tuh go deyuh."

"We could split up?" I suggested. "I was the one who threatened the guard; if anyone's following us they'll probably prioritise pursuing me over tracking down the two of you." 

GM

Clay colored eyes regarded Naona. Whatever earthenware gears occupied the Skakdi's brain were audibly grinding away. "Well, evidence on the ship suggests some smuggling operations quite out of line with any treatises or truces we've got at the moment. Problem is, official military doctrine here all but forbids messing around in Nomansland. We keep our farmland well protected of course, but all this treasure business spooks all the old salts."

A gesture to the ship in question. "If you're interested, I can show you the evidences and interests on board in person. Only seems reasonable if you're offering to investigate." The ship in question was at the northern most dock, a short walk from their position. Her bow read "USN Ornstein." One of the old ironclad battleships, in all likelihood a retrofitted whaling vessel.

Oh graverobbers, so genre savvy... As had been the norm, the general intelligence of NPCs had been underestimated. One half of the Fikou duo broke off, working it's way around the park with it's Volitak enabled stealth. Eventually, it's pilots would disembark to follow Olis and Einefus. Oblitus would be tailed at a distance by the Ruru-bearing Fikou, all the better to track him if he decided to depart in the night time, cover of darkness.

Now in a slightly safer location, Logan put Shard down. "Your suit is the least of my worries, soldier. Assuming we live through this, procuring you a new one won't be a problem." He gave the cy-matoran a quick once over. "You good to walk out of here? We're gonna have quite the trip."

"Well, unless Kain or the others volunteer to give you a ride."

...but close to it

IC: Shard/Somewhere safe

"I'm good. Lemme try something."

I formed various crystal pieces and using the sword, and whittled each one as we continued walking. It took a while but the crystals would start to become parts of what those younger Matoran called...wheelboards or something like that. The small parts would be put in my satchel, and the board I would make last.