Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Shard/Burial Camp

Now I knew something was wrong with me.

Normally I would quickly react and jump back from the gunfire, but I was too relaxed and I wasn't fazed by the bullets until they landed at my foot. One stray bullet actually grazed the side of my foot.

I didn't scream out in pain. Of course it hurt, and I winced, but at this time I was too relaxed to bother screaming. I simply withdrew my blade.

"You shot me," I said with a blunt expression.

I made my way over to the medic to get some medical attention. I needed to see a few people when I get back. Assuming that Cor didn't kill me before I returned. But I would be ready. I wasn't shot in the foot at least, so I could still walk normally, but I couldn't use the board for the fear of making the injury worse. I immediately discarded said board.

GM

Logan resisted facepalming. Who brandished (and then fired) a gun near a military officer when he had three men nearby? The remaining medic and the two NPC mooks trained a pair of crossbows and a nasty looked grappling-hook launcher on the belligerent Vortixx.

"And what exactly do you want to know? I had more or less the same briefing as you did. Old castle ruins, deep in nomansland. I might be head of this expedition, but it'd be worth noting that Sergeant isn't exactly the highest of titles." While he had just about had it with the mercenary duo and this mission, she did have a point with her anger, one he hadn't considered until now. Maybe it was not the mercenaries that were sent to act as cannon fodder, but the whole operation.

Shard would have to wait a little while for treatment.

...but close to it

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial Camp.

"Nothing in the briefing mentioned giant monsters, or idiot Matoran with magical swords!" I spat, ignoring the other soldiers. "I was unjustly blackmailed and bullied into going on this stupid mission, and I sure as karz don't plan on dying for it." 

I lifted my gun, not yet pointing it at Logan, but making it clear that I would do so if provoked. "So unless you've got some serious incentive for us to stay, Zekev and I are going. We have better things to do with our lives.... like staying alive." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Oblitus - Vingt. 

I reached my exo where it was parked right outside the temple complex and climbed in, powering it up and beginning to walk off in the direction of the city gate. I didn't bother with a silence field this time. Instead, I kept my powers focused on enhancing the sounds coming towards me, which would hopefully allow me to detect anyone who might have been coming up behind me.  

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt)

I was going to try to evoke a mental image and a mental sound of how Irene moved by saying she clunked through the streets of Vingt, but with her Volitak, she can't really clunk. It's weird, really, seeing a monstrosity as ugly as me but more than twice my size padding through the streets, but I don't care. I just let her carry me. I give her guidance, and she does a lot of the work. That's why we work together so well. And really, it's the only reason. She isn't much of a fighter.

The city gates come into sight, and I consider the wisdom of using them. I'm ninety percent certain I have the military on my trail, and it's very possible that they have alerted the gate guards of my existence. At the same time, the military has a lot of matoranpower. If they want to get me, I'm sure they will get me. Just, you know, with a fight and all that.

"Weh, come on, Irene, le's see if we can' ge' ou' o' dis city, eh?" I say, and we continue padding toward the gates.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"Alright, let's get this over with," I scowled, dropping down into the tunnel.

GM

Oblitus' tail tried a hopefully unexpected tactic. As the de-matoran's movements became more cautious, they threw out the idea of stealth and barreled right up to and past him. They were a military vehicle, why wouldn't they have business in the steamy jungles beyond?

Einefus' supiscions were half correct. This little tailing operation was military in nature, but they did not go far. It was merely the skakdi captain's cupidity and morbid curiosity that drove it. So he had not alerted the main gates, content to take his chances with the pair of Fikou.

"Well, I won't stop you from leaving. You have a fair enough point. Only thing I'll do is warn you, it's bloody dangerous out there. What makes you feel you'll be any safer by yourselves? A misplaced sense of independence or need to control your own actions?" Logan kept a cool tone of voice as he addressed Cor Saeva.

The Observatory Guards opened the gates for Elerc and Suko. "Get on through, quickly now!" An iron clang signaled the gates closing behind them. In front of them, a winding path led up to one of the islands ancient observatories. Telescope trained towards the heavens.

Grunbeld pulled out a sheave of manilla paper and began to fill out paperwork. Hopefully Naona would hurry. "Seven casualties on board..." He mumbled, trailing off.

Kat's path was a straight and narrow one. Eventually opening into a large cave. Perhaps as large as the one that had held the subterranean sea. In the distance, lit in some places, was a squat and fortified building. Ancient gun embankments bristled on the walls, several rows of razor wire covered the ground between them and it. The track they had come in on led through a series of checkpoints to the facility, long abandonned. In the far background was the gapping maw of a hangar...

Lufon's group was decidedly less interesting. A long series of ancient sewage tunnels stretched before them into the distance. The lack of guards could be considered unsettling.

...but close to it

IC Elerc:

Elerc gunned the motor, and the legs clanked as the Venture went through the gates, quickly making its way up the winding path.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Oblitus - Vingt Streets.

I watched the passing military vehicle with a suspicious glare. I hadn't heard it coming. One moment there'd been almost sound, and the next it had suddenly been right there behind me, then flashing past me in a blur of motion.

Maybe I was being paranoid, but I hadn't gotten this far in life without being very careful. I turned down a side street, deciding to take a different, more roundabout route back to the city gates. 

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken Sewer Tunnels.

I kept the light pointed in front of me, moving slowly and cautiously down the foul-smelling tunnel.

"We'll be safer because we're not walking around with an inexperienced, idiotic Matoran who has some kind of unknown superweapon fused to his hand," I jabbed a finger towards Shard. "He's going to get everyone killed, I hope you realise that." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Shard/Burial

"I'm not a novice soldier, and I'm definitely not inexperienced. If it wasn't for me, we wouldn't have most of the details that we know about this place at all. How was I supposed to know about a superweapon and serpents?"

I was honestly preferred working alone in the desert, then being here. I did have a month's experience in the military, but the Gemcycle was purchased by me before then, and I rode in the desert a lot as well. So I was definitely not inexperienced in adventure.

But I could be overestimating myself.

"Shut the karz up!" I snapped at Shard, "you nearly killed us all, so I couldn't care less what you have to say." 

She has no right to talk to me like that. She was a criminal, and was forced to be here. I was angry and my relaxed composure wasn't going to stop me. I stood up and I spoke with as much sass as I could muster.

"Well I don't give a Karz about what you have to say either. I'd actually prefer it if you packed up your stuff and left."

That was it. I'd had enough of this pompous, pathetic, pretentious little prick. 

I rounded on Shard, sighted on his chest, and held down the trigger, unleashing a volley of high-speed rounds at him. 

The moment she made any form of movement, I formed a crystal pillar from in front and rolled left, firing my crystal bullet at her. The bullets she had shot flew through the crystal. Immediately I intended to skewer her with multitudes of crystals, using my EE to summon a few crystal spears that I propelled at her.

Military rules had no effect on me now. I had to deal with her now.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

"The Sarge has a point, much as I'd hate to admit it," Kain said, exhaling a puff of smoke as he did so. "Had to factor that into the debate I was having with myself when I was contemplating ditching all of your sorry hides while you were still dealing with lizards."

Kain then turned his gaze over towards Shard.

"Wait just a minute... So you're telling me that you enter a crumbling ruin filled with Karz-knows-what, come across a completely unknown object that has been obviously set up in a position for people to try and take it, and your first instinct is to touch it with your bare hands without finding out what it does first? Got to say, kid, despite your claims to be knowledgeable, you're obviously lacking in the common sense department..."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I watched Cor to see what she did next.

"My first instinct was to examine it first. I used my crystal to try and extract it, and discovered that threats would be absorbed. I also found that bullets were absorbed too. It had no effect when someone was touching it as Cor poked it first. Thus, I could grab it. That's when all this happened."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Letting my rifle drop back across my shoulder, I fired off one of my blunderbusses, the buckshot blowing apart the crystal spears. The fragile shrapnel bounced harmlessly off my body armour, and I took aim at Shard, advancing on the feeble Matoran. 

"Kain's right. You're an idiot. You ripped that sword free and nearly took my fingers off, and didn't give a karz afterwards. You're just like Sonia. You think we're expendable, that our lives aren't worth anything to your research." 

I clicked back the hammer, pointing the barrel at him. "You're dead wrong about that." 

The moment she made another motion, I pulled up a crystal wall in front of her to stall her for a split-second. In that time, I withdrew my pistol and rolled to the side. I pulled out the sword.

"I don't think you're expendable. I'm not a researcher. And I don't care whatever Karz comes out of your mouth either. This is why I work alone."

For a stoic guy I am, I sure am getting emotional.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

I fired off the second gun barrel, shattering the wall in front of me. I tossed the empty gun aside and drew my second blunderbuss. "If you work alone, why the karz did we get brought along in the first place?" 

"Common sense and convincing words from the Sarge. I was expecting other soldiers, not mercenaries."

I willed the blade of the sword in my hands to grow three times its width, using the shattered crystals, bullets, and rocks as material. I held it like a shield making a crystal handle for an easier grip. Making the sword like this was quicker than trying to make a serpent sized sword.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"Put that thing away right now or I swear you want have hands left to hold it with!" I'd seen what it had done back at the fortress. In his hands, he'd raze this camp to the ground. "I was a soldier once, before I realised that I was risking my life every day for a cause I didn't believe in." 

I kept the weapon trained on him, ready to blow his torso into meaty chunks if he made another wrong move. "It's not a mistake I intend to make twice. Now put the sword down!" 

With the sword converted into a shield, I stood there. The shield blocked the chance of any bullet coming at me. From behind the defense, I spoke:

"But I can at least trust a fellow soldier. Put your gun down first."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"Weren't you listening to anything I said?" I scowled, "I'm not a soldier. Not anymore." I lowered the blunderbuss to my side.... then abruptly whipped it up and fired it at his feet, the spray of buckshot flying through the air like a swarm of kamikaze hornets. 

He couldn't react quick enough to dodge or deflect it, surely? Bullets were too fast for that....

OOC: He's holding the shield so that it's like a centurion shield. Should have specified that.

I peek around the blade to see the gun be lowered and fired as quickly as her arm was dropped. Expected. The sword, touching the ground, and basically shielding my body, absorbed all the bullets and debris that happened to occur because of the bullets.

"I know. That's why I don't trust you. Put the gun down. Now."

OOC: Last post of the day. Don't go and kill him while I sleep, kay? :P

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Before he could even place the cigarette back between his lips, the two were going at it like a pair of feral wolves.

Closing the hatch of his Exo-Suit, the duo would soon find rounds barreling into the ground between them, hopefully forcing them back before he attempted to drive them even further away from each other with a stream of fire.

"That's enough!" he shouted through the external speakers of his suit. "Back off now before I torch the both of you!"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I walked up to Kain's exo, towering over him. "Whose side are you on, Kain? You got blackmailed into this karz just like we did. Why are you defending this pathetic, moronic brakas?" 

"The side I've always been on," Kain growled, staring into the eyes of the Vortixx with an attitude level easily three times her height. "Mine."

"Like it or not, we're safer as a group, even if one of it's members does have Karz for brains. We don't know the specifics of the area, we don't know if anyone else is going to show up and try to kill us, and we don't know what manner of beings call this area home, be they flora or fauna. Right now, it doesn't matter why we're here, just that we are. So if you insist on maintaining that pig-headed manner of thinking, and really believe that you and that whipped Skakdi you call a companion have a better chance of surviving on your own instead of with a company of Karzing soldiers, then you can at least do me a favor and take off in a manner where I don't have to listen to you complain about it."

He then spun around, redirecting his ire towards Shard.

"And you! If you insist on continuing to use that... thing... you best be giving the rest of us some time to retreat to a safer distance, or I'll be the one personally putting a bullet in your skull."

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Scowling, I let my blunderbuss slip from my hand and fall down into the dirt. "Fine." Kain and Zekev were right, for now. I rounded on Logan. "So what now? Sonia said this was only the first mission, and her map had Circadian and Ascension written on it." 

I was seething on the inside, but I couldn't let myself grow any more out of control than I already was. 

"Thank you, Kain. And note taken."
Cor had dropped her gun, so I disengaged from battle as well. I knocked the shield handle off, and willed the blade to return to normal size. The superheated plasma that was once shards, bullets, and rocks all fell to the ground in front of me. I sheathe the sword. I sat down to wait for medical treatment for my grazed foot was still...grazed, but at least it wasn't bleeding now.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17