Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC Elerc:

"Eh, it's nice. What you should really see are the engineering workshops. Those are cool.", Elerc said, as the Venture slid to a halt in front of the building.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt)

Irene continues not-clunking toward the gates. I maintain a steady speed and I throw on my most bored expression, which really isn't that hard when that's my default expression. The gates loom in front of me. I give a nod to a guard and just keep walking.

I'm passing through the gates, and so far, nothing has happened. I may just get out of here. Now I just have to wait for Oblitus and Olis to show up.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

"Loader, interrogate the prisoner." the towering steltian instructed Gamma. "I'm sure he'll be willing to co-operate." There was an edge of a masked threat in Zeleran's voice that was directed at the red exo's pilot.

IC: (Olis/Vingt)

Olis had nodded when Oblitus instructed on them splitting up, making his way to the outer wall as quickly and quietly as he could. Once outside the complex, he made his way to where Purple stood in a neighborhood a little to the west of the Mangaia. He briefly considered equipping the agile mech with the stolen Huna for stealth, but decided that it would be pointless in the urban cityscape, opting for it's traditional Garai, elemental mask of Gravity. Once inside the suit, he headed for the city gate with the exo's surprising speed...unknown to him, this was a gate to the east of the one Einefus and Oblitus were headed for.

Edited by 000

Kathok

GM

Throughout the little scuffle, Logan had not been given a chance to act. So the stasis/EDD canceling pistol found its way back into the holster under his rather large arm.

"Dix. Get Shard patched up. Shard, do not under any circumstances use that sword without order from me. Cor Saeva, try to restrain yourself in the future or I will be forced to take action."

The vortixx in question had spoken, but that round of orders had been more important... "As for your question ma'am, I am leaving it up to all of you to decide on a course of action. If you feel this expedition is a waste of time, or have doubts as to your continued sanity and lucidity out here, we will turn back. If not, we have adequate rations and supplies to visit the other two ruins."

Are you going to let insects like them control you, Shard? You have the most power here. Make your authority and strength known next time. If either of those vacuous idiots attempt anything more... Kill them

Exo Red had passed through the first four stages of grief. He now simply waited for this slow loader person to get the karz on with it.

On top of the mountain and inside the observatory , Suko and Elerc would be greeted by a tall vortixx clad in the snow camouflage uniform of the Treize military.

"Take a seat, please." She gestured to several empty seats around the main table. One burdened with military and scientific paperwork, starcharts and documents. Beside her sat a wiry beige-blue matoran.

Kat's shot wentry unanswered. Underneath the structure, Lufon's group would find evidence of not defense, but mass exodus. Hastily cleared side rooms and litter of all types. Ahead was a ladder ascending far into the dark above.

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Etrunken Tunnels.

I pulled out a lightstone and flung it up the ladder to see if anything would come jumping out at us. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial Camp. 

"That depends, do we have accurate Intel on the other two ruins?" I snapped, casting my eyes towards the water, where the gigantic serpents had vanished. "Shard said most of the information supplied for this mission had been from him, so unless your Intel on the other two locations has been corroborated with a more reliable source, I'm inclined to vote that we call off the mission."  

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Incapacitated how?" my eyes narrowed, "What's in that place?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Shard/Burial Camp

I was disturbed by the voice in my head. As much as I would have like to make Cor pay, my morals told me no.

"I'm sorry, Burial. I won't let you do that."

"The information didn't necessarily come from me. It came from ancient tablets I found in some ruins in the desert. And Sarge...," I felt that it was right for all to know. "The sword is speaking again. It says if any of you try to do something to me...the sword wants me to kill you all."

GM

Gamma's wrenching managed to free up the cockpit's opening mechanism. In a semifinal act of defiance and enervation, the pilot hit the COCKPIT OPEN button. The edge of the ballistic glass enclosure smacking Gamma in the face.

"Took you long enough."

Logan blinked twice at Shard. "How about you lay down for a while, soldier? It's been a stressful day, I understand." He gently took the matoran's shoulders and turned him in the direction of Dix the Medic. Turning back to Cor Saeva, he produced a manilla envelop from his pack, passing it to the other vortixx.

"Sketches of the building's exterior. It is built into a shear cliff side, sonar and radio suggested it is set at least a hundred bio into the cliff face, and goes half again as far downwards. The front doors are locked tight, the squadron's demolition expert estimated they would need a hundred pounds of high-explosive greypowder to blast it open. As loath as I am to abuse it's powers, the sword could likely open them up quite easily. Sonar suggests a great deal of wreckage and rubble inside." He grimaced before finishing. "And unfortunately... We do not know if any lifeforms are inside."

The manilla envelop contained five sheaves of paper. A faraway sketch, two recreations of the sonar readings, an up close sketch of the doors and a topographical chart of the three square kio surrounding Ascension.

"We know more about Circadian, though it is much further away, in the northern reaches of Motara. It is a clock tower with three extensive basement levels. A self-titled "pirate warlord" called Stiehl has claimed it as his own and attempted to gain access to it's vaults. Our inside eye last reported eight days ago, informing us he had been so far unsuccessful. There are some curious unsubstantiated claims regarding a small degree of time-space and magnetic anomalies around the area."

Kat would not see much new behind the first and only opaque wall. The other two walls were razor wire, gates locked but not an issue for Armor. Ahead of hear, the compound was unchanged. No sirens or return fire, nor signs of people moving in front of the scarce lit windows. The whole cavern was drenched in silence.

Lufon's lightstone made a soft clinking noise as it fell on the floor of the room above. No sounds of movement or machinery and no strange shadows were cast in the light. The translator turned on his radio, "I am contacting surface team." He announced before tuning into their band, the soft sound of static filled the chamber.

"Legion, Bronya Kostyum. Come in, this is infiltrating team. Any activities topside?"

Genre savvy, are we? Perhaps I should have stuck with the subtle poison route.

...but close to it

"Okay, so we know there are pirates at Circadian," my mind was calculating the risks. "But we don't know what's waiting for us inside Ascension. Is anyone else likely to be sending expeditions to either of those locations?"

______________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken Tunnels.

"Understood," I started climbing the ladder, twisting around every few moments to keep an eye on the others with me. We were being played, I was sure of it. But that begged the question: who was playing us, and why?

GM

"Other expeditions? That depends on several things. With any luck, competitors will be chasing dead ends. You get your hands on any of those maps that circulated through all the backrooms and speakeasies a couple months ago?" He put on a subdued grin. "That was my handiwork. All of 'em are bunk. Took quite a bit of networking to get those into the right hands."

...but close to it

"Okay...." I picked up my blunderbusses from where I'd dropped them and started loading them onto the Hound. "So I guess we've got to decide on which risk we'd rather take. You said that Circadian is further away, but we have a pretty good idea of what we'll find inside, while Ascension is closer, but we have no idea what might be waiting for us on the inside." 

IC: Shard/Burial

"...Yes, sir."

I walked over to a rock which allowed my to gaze at...whatever's left of Burial. I sat down.

"I'm sorry for ruining your home."

It talked to me back there. It tried to rile me up and tempt me into killing others. But...is it a test of worthiness? Or is the sword named that way because...I don't want to think about it.

The others were discussing about where to go next, but I just wanted my suit. Gemcycle was the first of its kind, and I treasured it like my gems. I also needed some training. Although I could use the sword in creative ways, the lack of an open hand, or the fact that I've haven't really used a sword before, are problems.

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Just outside Vingt)

I stifle a yawn as I sit on the ground and lean against Irene's leg. We are a short distance from the city gates, and so far, I have seen no sign of Oblitus. I consider the possibility that he was followed and captured, but there is no way for me to know that for sure, and I don't fancy going back into the city to try to find out. Besides, I'm trying to keep an eye out for anyone following me.

So I sit and wait, smoking. And yawning.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Xairez - Vingt Forest

Ekial trudged through the forest, the Elda searching for any cloaked bounty hunters. I wasn't wanted, as far as I was aware, but it would not be long before the authorities found out I stole my mech. Ah well, just more cannon fodder. 

GM

"Correct." A short reply was all Logan felt was necessary. As the exposition was, for now, over. "I want a unamaious decision on this matter." He added.

The pilot of Exo Red hopped out. "No need for the grabbing, kid." If he was worried about the crossbow, he didn't show it. "What do you curs want?"

At the top of the ladder, Lufon found the first body. An elderly looking Hadal with a brace on its left leg. Probably a cripple. It held one of the dark glass knives, blade still buried in its abdomen. The room was nondescript otherwise, more supplies and empty dust free voids, areas that had been full and we're now emptied. The hallway outside was of similar appearance. A thin trail of blood went from an adjacent room to the bend at the far end of the hall.

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"What the karz is going on in here?" I pulled out my radio and contacted Kat. "We've got dead Hadals up here. Something isn't right." I started shuffling forwards, following the blood trail. 

"Okay...." I picked up my blunderbusses from where I'd dropped them and started loading them onto the Hound. "So I guess we've got to decide on which risk we'd rather take. You said that Circadian is further away, but we have a pretty good idea of what we'll find inside, while Ascension is closer, but we have no idea what might be waiting for us on the inside."

IC: Zekev

"So would we rather risk ambush or get sore feet?"

"I'm not picky...." I have a feeling we're going to regret whatever decision we make....

GM

"You want your bloody tank, do you?" The pilot folded his arms and took up a slightly lopsided stance. "I ask you want you want, and you point to a piece of armor you're clearly already in possession of... did you hit your head as a babe?"

Lufon turned the corner to a set of large double doors. Round fogged glass windows showing little of the interior. Blood stench was thick in the air. The captain took the lead then, gingerly walking to the doors. He turned to Lufon and Mokeron before pointing to his eyes and then the corners of the room before placing one hand on the door. The other held his crossbow, trained forward beyond the door.

Watch the corners.

...but close to it

GM

The pilot had quick reflexes, grabbing his utility fork and sticking it deep into Gamma's foot in a flash.

"Because you lot came into Stiehl's territory and shot first.. er, maybe we shot first. Getting a little blurry here."

One hundred and seventy

One hundred and sixty nine

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it