Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: IKIRA - THE JATIKKO

Ikira climbed out of the Jatikko, shoving Arktinen aside as she jumped down, landing beside both Gamma and the pilot that they had been interrogating. She rubbed her eyes irritably, trying to shake herself out of the daydream she had lulled into during the battle. She really disliked being unable to aim her elemental cannon during combat. What she disliked even more, however, was remaining still. 

A sitting duck was always an easy target - and an easy target in this area was a dead target.

The Su-Matoran gave their damaged tread a glance before nodding to herself.

"The tank is still operable," she said. "Leave the pilot be and let's move - you're both obviously terrible at this whole 'interrogate the suicidal prisoner' thing, and while the rest of us wait for you, we're sitting ducks. I'd rather get out of the area before anything else shows up. We have no idea who might have heard all the racket, and this squad ambushed us easily enough while we were moving. Let's not allow any scavengers to pick us off."

Of course, she had no real authority with either Arktinen or Gamma; she was not the commander of their team. But Ikira valued her own personal safety.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 2

GM

A little bit of expository dialogue with Carth wouldn't hurt, would it? "Stiehl is the self titled warlord of Motara. Fancy, big headed pirate, ruthless tyrant, I'm sure you know the archetype." Before he could turn his attention back to verbally flogging Gamma and Arkie, Ikira interrupted his words. He nodded along approvingly.

"Good plan, you two fatuous blockheads ought to listen to her. Maybe get yourselves some books on social manners and courtesies while you're at it. Karz, you two probably don't even have library cards in the first place!" An outburst of raucous and pained laughter echoed through the dusty and increasingly smoky intersection.

It was cut off by the harsh tone of static, from the dangling earphone in Exo Red's cockpit, a simple message could be heard. "Red, this is Black. Do you copy?" The captive's bloodshot eyes darted to his captors, to his armor and back. "Well now, you two plan on answering that?" A faint grin [or snarl?] flashed over his face.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

GM

Pleaded or begged for clemency Exo Red had not and did not. Nor did he let nary a skreigh or screech pass his lips as the crossbow bolt pierced his malar bone at an especially lethal angle, splattering bits of brain and bone on the armor behind it.

The gory display on and around the armor was unceremoniously interrupted by another radio transmission. "Red, do you copy? Pink and I are on our way." The voice on the other end clearly belonged to an individual in the midst of gadarene charge towards their location. The Jattiko, her crew and her troupe were in enemy territory, any attempts at negotiation quite literally shot down.

Would they survive?

...but close to it

IC:

Always something.

"On my way, Boss." The Le-Matoran replied with a note of resignation, unplugging his headset from the terminal and returning it to his neck. It took only a minute to gather his military-issued jacket around him and take a swallow from the flask at his hip, and then he was climbing out of the Kale. The heavy armor's access point always took a little climbing to get down from, but he descended in a few jumps, landing on and sliding down from the treads.

Dusting himself off as he went, the Radio Officer headed into the administrative building where he would no doubt find both of his superiors.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

"Oh my actual Mata-Nui!" Zeleran had come running out. His usually calm demeanor was now one of obvoius rage. "What the karz did you think you were doing?! You ####ing shot him, Arktinen! Him! Our one ####ing chance! You two are the worst interrogators ever! This reminds me of that time back on the southern land when Commander Sidraxi and the Skakdi Warlord-- oh, never mind."

He seemed to have calmed down a little.
"But really? What were you thinking?!" He grabbed the radio. "Sorry Black, this idiot just shot the one being we could have interrogated in the head. Turn back, we've got 'em. We'll be their in the next half a sun-twelfth."

He glared at the rest of the crew, dusting off his coat and regaining a more Zeleran-y posture. "And you asked all the wrong questions."

IC: (Olis/Vingt)

Olis waited at the city gate.

Edited by 000

Kathok

IC: IKIRA- THE JATIKKO

Ikiria glared at Arktinen and Gamma as their captive was brutally executed by the former; as Zeleran made his presence known, she began to nod in agreement... right up until her commander tried to impersonate the prisoner that Arktinen had just murdered. She opened her mouth to say something before thinking better of it and rushing back to the Jatikko, banging her knee as she clambered inside and turned to her usual spot.

It was nearing time to go.

Her loyalty could only stretch so far in the face of a wide range of errors that were becoming increasingly likely to end with the Jatikko's destruction and its crew - including her - dead. Ikira valued her own survival above all else. They had one more chance to prove that they were capable of keeping her alive before she struck out on her own. 

Can of oil? Check. Pouch of greypowder? Check. Dagger? Always. Pistol and Shotgun? Check.

It was not much, but it was everything she personally carried. If worst came to worst, she would at least be armed if she had to abandon the rest of the crew.

IC: Kaleva - Motara

The Ta-Matoran was just sitting in his exo with a grin, watching the attempted interrogation fall apart, being thoroughly entertained by the scene. Personally, he hoped they'd have a few more run-ins with the forces of this Stiehl guy. Going up against some pirate overlord sounded like it would lead to tons of great fights. Wasn't his choice though. That was the choice of the commander...er...what was his name? Actually, on second thought, he didn't really know the names of any of the folks in the tank, or either of the two matoran in the other exos. Let alone anything about them. Huh. Probably should at least learn their names. That could wait until they were on the move again though.

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Sora

Sora blinked at Zeleran's little stunt.

"... You do sound like the Red man, right?"

Was that incredibly smart or incredibly stupid?

Incredibly stupid.

"We should, uh, go. Now. Before we start being chased again. Sooner we're outta here, the better."

IC: Arkie (Jatikko/Motara)

"So what if I shot him?" I say with an injured expression, retrieving my crossbow bolt from the corpse and returning my crossbow to its spot on my back. "He was an idiot- and a smug one at that. He deserved everything he got from me- a middle finger salute, and a bolt to the head and the stomach. Also smooth is boring," I continue, moving over to the Jat's tread. "She's a bit broken- our speed'll be diminished, but we'll make it." I create an impromptu tread out of ice, slotting it into place to hold the track together as I climb back into my seat.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Oblitus - Vingt.

I reached the city gate and kept going, marching forward into the dark forest. I'd try to regroup with the others once I figured out whether or not I was still being followed. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

If it was possible for emotions like suspicion to emanate over a radio set, then it was certainly emanating now. The radio of Exo Red stayed silent for several moments, the voice spoke in a more measured tone. Perhaps his charge had halted?

"That you, Red? You sound a little off."

...but close to it

GM

Dix had lowered his weapon earlier. Now he made his way over to Shard. Setting his satchel on the ground and arranging a couple crates to sit on. "Let's get yer leg up here, lad. Take a look at that foot of yours."

"Thrice karz brakas flipped the trail.." The pilot of the Ruru equipped fikou continued to curse under his breath. His charge out the gates had been an ill made move. Their mark had slipped out of his hands.

Though the other Fikou had lost Einefus and Irene, the had found new prey. Olis and his suit.

...but close to it

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

Kain warily disengaged his Exo-Suit, making sure that some distance was made between the Matoran and the Vortixx before climbing outside and taking a look at the maps containing the other two sites. After looking at them for some time, he pulled out his flask and took a fairly long swig before eventually heading back towards The Dreadnought.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

Not answering the voice on the radio would be sure to make the others come and investigate, whereas answering, though it was risky, created a chance that they would not.

"Yep, it me-- hang on, Blue's telling me that the other one has spilled the beans...wait a sec...apparently another group is circling round towards your position from the north west - be ready to defend. We'll try to intercept them, but be on the lookout for an attack. Gotta go."

Zeleran dropped the radio onto the ground, swiftly bringing a foot down upon it with weight and force enough to pulverize it's delicate inner workings instantly.

Through the entire conversation, Zeleran had tried his best to impersonate the late Red's voice, which, in his years of battle, he had become quite adept at. Still, it was time they got moving...

"We need to investigate that clock tower, but two of you and the exos stay here and defend against the other two enemy exos. We won't be more than half an hour."

Edited by 000

Kathok

IC: Kaleva - Motara

"Gotcha!" Kaleva said enthusiastically, nodding. He moved the Jäger into position opposite to the Bolt, at the tank's left flank, with a grin on his face as he did so. News that there could be another fight excited him.

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

GM

Dix grabbed a bottle of isopropyl alcohol, pouring it over Shard's wounds. Aside from the graze-wound, he had several burns and miscellaneous scrapes from the journey and battle. "That might hurt a little, so grit yer teeth." The medic began the process of debridement with lightly abrasive and adhesive gauze. Clean and disinfected, he applied a thin beige salve and finally, a dry bandage.

"Be sure to keep it clean and dry, your pack of rations and supplies ought ta have some gauze and basics inside." Taking a seat across from the Cy-Matoran, he took a long drink from his canteen. "So, whadda you think of all this? I never woulda dreamed there were this many things out here."

In a separate area of the camp, one of the NPC mooks approached Kain and his minatory armor. He was the younger of the two, henceforth known as... "Hey, Kain! I'm Radicchio, that was awesome back there!" Had he not been a ga-matoran with a sizable lung capacity, his speech t'would've been breathless.

Black's knuckles whitened as further hailing went unanswered. While the last transmission had been a quality deception, the destruction of the radio prompted eventual suspicion due to the silence. He turned his gaze to his cerise companion, a deaf and mute female skakdi. She wore a heavily modified exo-suit, more akin to powered armor than anything else. It's segmented plate and burnished Huna had emblems of flowers etched unto them with exquisite detail.

"It was a ruse." Black spoke simply, conversations were a moot point with her. "You move ahead towards Circadian, tail them. I'll bring Big W around the southern side. Last transmissions of Yellow suggested they were near that abandoned petrol station." He turned his eyes to the horizon, for a brief moment. Smoke was beginning to coil into the sky, acrid and black.

"Environment suggests that is true. Brakas must have blown it sky high."

A single nod in response. She was off, padding through the suburban environs on soft rubberized feet and polymer-muted servos. Black glanced down at his EDD, wrought in the shape of a wristwatch, he turned the dial and spoke into it. "Woden. It's showtime."

Deep rumbling could be heard and felt from the north-east.

Kat would find nothing she hadn't already passed.

...but close to it

IC: Grēgorios (Treize)

Grēgorios was bored, and after a failed attempt at tinkering with his Exo's gears, he decided to have a walk around the more mountainous areas at the top, slightly more dangerous, but with a wonderful view. He climbed up the thinly wrought stairs and stood on the edge, taking in the view and chilling breeze that came up the mountain from the bottom snow, with the horizon stretching out towards Nomans-land, the sun stretching over the dusty and broken area he once called home. He turned to go up, but saw a room with a good view that was in a slightly better position.

He might get a better view there, so entered in the door. He then saw three figures sat around a table in the center of the room.

"Oh, sorry. Am I interrupting something? I can come back la'er if ya'll don't mind."

OOC: Interacting with Elerc, Suko & NPC Vortixx.

IC Elerc:

Elerc sighed. He was really beginning to be annoyed by this person, Suko. Sighing, he turned his tablet on and began to browse through the few applications that Treize offered.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

GM

Sonia observed the duo as it turned into a trio. She recognized Gregorios as a mechanic-for-hire sort of person. His presence was unexpected, but might be helpful.

"You are interrupting nothing, sir. Please take a seat."

After he was seated, she passed them each a small stack. It contained a map of the southern Entrunken region in great detail, alongside a map of the surrounding regions. Less detailed, but still better than most civilian cartographers managed.

"You," she spoke to Elerc and Suko. "Are being assigned as a small rescue and reconnaissance team. A larger force was sent into Nomansland to investigate a ruin called Burial. They have failed to return or contact us. We need to know what is going on out there, and, if they are deceased, we need to recover anything they may've found and any valuables they took with them." She gestured to the beige matoran beside here. "Pe Ell here is to accompany you. He is an accomplished scout and tracker." She turned to Gregorios. "I am aware of your occupation. As luck would have it, a fourth member of this mission is within budget. You will be paid well to act as the mission's mechanic."

Tor would soon find a matoran deep in the stranglehold of vexation and ressentiment towards his chosen career, that of a mailman and part time sweeper.

"That madman over there is blowing up the whole town!!!" He exclaimed, pointing towards Lohi.

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Vingt.

Once outside the city, I started walking, staying just inside the jungle but keeping the city walls within view at all times. The other two had to be around here somewhere....

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Aaaaaand I just realized I haven't actually posted here in a while.

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt)

I am still just off the road outside the city, but I am growing tired of sitting around. While I normally enjoy a sedentary lifestyle, when I'm on a mission, I like to be on a mission, mainly because it's too easy to not want to do anything else if I sit around for too long.

I stand up with a grunt and pat Irene's leg, just above the barely legible engraving that labels the Exosuit as The Rosteimer. I can't recall why I had originally named her that, but while it's fitting, she's too close to me for me to call her something so... ugly. Irene fits her better, I think.

"Don't know where the others have gone," I sat, pulling myself up into the cockpit. "And I haven't the foggiest idea where they might be. Maybe..."

They probably used different exits, which means they could be anywhere outside the city. I guess there's one way to find out.

I begin moving around the city in a counter-clockwise direction, scanning the walls as well as the jungle immediately around me.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Elerc:

"All right.", Elerc said, glancing at the map for any rivers or bodies of water near the destination. " The Venture should be a decent scout, but any cargo or rations should be taken in another Armor if possible. Otherwise we could upset the bouyency of the tank."

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

Kain turned his attention towards the Ga-Matoran known as Radicchio who had, for some reason unknown, decided to randomly strike up a conversation with him. Deciding that there was enough hostility amongst the team already, he figured that it would be best to try and remain civil.

"Oh, yeah? Are we talking about the fight with the giant lizards, or when I broke up Cor and Shard's little lover's quarrel?" he said, his mouth forming a small grin as he finished his sentence.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial Camp.

"I can hear you, brakas!" I snapped at Kain.