IC: Kain - Outside Burial

"Oh, I know," The Ta-Matoran said. "I just don't care."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial Camp.

"Ugh..." I stormed back towards the Hound, wishing I could just kill every one of these idiots and get on with my life. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

Dix grabbed a bottle of isopropyl alcohol, pouring it over Shard's wounds. Aside from the graze-wound, he had several burns and miscellaneous scrapes from the journey and battle. "That might hurt a little, so grit yer teeth." The medic began the process of debridement with lightly abrasive and adhesive gauze. Clean and disinfected, he applied a thin beige salve and finally, a dry bandage.

"Be sure to keep it clean and dry, your pack of rations and supplies ought ta have some gauze and basics inside." Taking a seat across from the Cy-Matoran, he took a long drink from his canteen. "So, whadda you think of all this? I never woulda dreamed there were this many things out here."

IC: Shard/Burial

I grimaced as he applied the alcohol. Once he was done, I turned to face the scenery at the same time he asked the question.

"Much different from being in the desert. Sand, quicksand, heat, and death. And the occasional scavenging beast. And the illusions too. In fact, I integrated illusions into my suit, which was how I was luckily able to escape. And things may be an understatement for those serpents. They had elemental powers."

That reminded me of something. I turned back to him, and showed my left arm.

"By the way, my left arm was struck with some sort of acid. Mind dealing with these welts the best you can?"

IC: Shard/Burial Camp

"Yeah..."

I let my voice trail off. There was a reason why that sword was in disuse. And its sentience was probably the reason, and it was probably because of greed and abuse that those who received it made their own Burial.

OCC: BURIAL PUNS FTW.  B-)

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

"The Dreadnought? It's a custom job," he explained, inhaling the last bit of his cigarette before tossing it onto the ground and putting it out with his foot. "Built it myself from scratch shortly after making my way to Treize from Neuf. Took a while to save up for the training and the parts, but it hasn't let me down yet."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Thak:

In the desert wastes of Nomans, a low roar could be heard.

A strange, four wheeled vehicle flew over a dune of sand, landing hard upon the independently suspended tires, throwing up sand as it found purchase, tearing across the desert.

In the driver's seat sat a dull grey Skakdi, the built in Smart tablet playing music loudly, as his passenger dozed in the opposite seat. Normally, the green and White Vortixx would be driving, but everyone needed sleep at some point, and they both drove about the same.

As it was, they'd picked up on the trail of what was supposed to be a big haul.

Thak took a look out the windscreen, in the distance was the clock tower they were headed for.

Circadian.

Old world tech sold for a Karz of a lot.

His ever present grin widened, and he gave his partner a rough nudge.

"Almost there, Zarx!" He shouted over the roar of the engine.

Edited by Chumpu

IC: Zarx

Zarx's eyes cracked open a smidge as Thak nudged her. "...ugh. Can ya'll trah not to bother me when i'm sleepin?" She asked, in her usual grumpy tone when she is sleepy. "Ah hope this here old world tech is as good as ya say, I think we'll need this money." She opened her duffle bag and pulled out a Nui-Cola. 

IC Carth:

The ground shook underneath me, like a herd of kikanalo were near.

"Whoa there! Feels like a big one!"

IC Thak:

"You're gonna die drinkin' that stuff!" He said, taking a swig of some alcohol they'd found in their last hit. He drained about half of it in one drink, smacking his lips as he removed the bottle from his lips.

He turned to avoid a large boulder jutting out of the desert, worn smooth by time and sand.

On the back of the Jeep, clipped to a part if the roll bar was a rather strange Elemental Cannon.

It was in fact Thak's very own weapon, custom made for him, called Big Bertha.

"If our info broker is right, there's somethin' hot up in that clock tower!"

GM

"Good, good." Sonia smiled and clasped her hands. "Please gather your gear and head to the yards to gather any supplies you do not have." She tapped a map of the grounds with a clawed finger, the yards were a small barracks at the northern side of the mountain. "Pe Ell will be joining you soon."

Thak's information broker was sitting in a hot springs, enjoying his iniquitously earned money. One hand gestured to an imaginary Skakdi as he regaled a semi willing lady friend.

"And then the oaf pays me for it!" He was clearly enjoying his joke more than the company, who made a vaguely bored face.

Their location was near Neuf. The island's central mountain range had a number of mining claims, several of these featured underground hot springs. The owner of such fortunate lands would often turn these tunnels into subterranean resort hotels. How better to get away from jobs, people and responsibility than to run away to some cave? It was even better if said cave featured comely workers and boasted the finest glowshroom whiskey this side of lost Onu-Koro!

As the lecherous info swindler made an unwanted advance, a noise was heard deep in the cave. Outside the dim mood lighting, his date shoved him off and pointed, calling out.

No response.

Gathering his courage and his liquid courage, the info broker grabbed for his pistol, maladroitly getting out of the pool. He grabbed the small lantern and moved into the darkness...

Several days later, news of the mine's communications blackout reached the ears of authority in Neuf. Vexing news indeed...

With a powerful and trained movement, the native captain threw open the doors. Inside was a gruesome sight.

Row upon row of bodies. Neatly lain on small bedrolls. Some of the victims seemed to have opted for disembowlment, studiously performed with razor sharp blades. Others had glasses of liquid next to them, pale blue and almost iridescent. The corpses had little in common, besides all being Hadals.

Though, on closer inspection. One would note they were all old or infirm, crippled or young or otherwise unfit. It seemed eerily like all the strongest among them had been selected and the rest had simply committed mass ritual suicide.

But, selected for what?

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"What the karz...." I'd seen a lot of nasty stuff in my time, but this was the worst. I rounded on the native, crossbow at the ready. I was certain that he was keeping something from us. "What is this?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zarx

Zarx cracked open the can of Nui Cola and took a quick swig, before putting into the can holder next to her. She span her pistols on her fingers. "Ah just hope that someone ain't got there first." She said.

Edited by Sharkydane

IC: Oblitus - Vingt.

I continued moving forwards through the forest, listening out for Einefus or Olis. Part of me just wanted to cut and run, but Vert was too useful an ally to betray his trust like that. This mission had the highest stakes of anything I'd ever attempted.

I'd come too far to risk throwing it all away now. 

My De-Matoran hearing had alerted me to the newcomer's presence long before they finally came into view. When they did, they would find the Lupus' elemental cannon trained on them, primed and fully charged, ready to fire. 

The moonlight cast dappled shadows through the canopy, making my exosuit's armour glint with silvery light. "Who the karz are you?" I demanded, immediately suspicious of the stranger. Anyone who was stomping around the jungle right outside the city in the middle of the night had to be up to no good. 

"Nothing that concerns you," I spat, not lowering the cannon, "Now leave me alone." 

"You're really going to start a fight when we're right next to a city full of guards?" This guy was all talk; I knew his type. 

I stifled a yawn. "You have no power in this situation, so you can't make offers like that," I replied with a sneer. "I could call out to the guards right now, or you could attack me, in which case the guards will hear and come anyway."

I won either way, and he knew it. "So how about you give me some kind of incentive not to turn you in." 

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt)

As I move along, I hear, in the distance, a ruckus not unlike an Exosuit stomping around. I know immediately that that is not Oblitus. He's too smart for that. However, I am curious as to who else might be out here. They could make things... difficult.

Just about the time the ruckus stops, I angle in the direction I last heard the Exosuit. As I near the area, almost certainly undetected due to Irene's Volitak-induced quietness, I can barely make out voices. I don't recognize either, but I can't hear them well enough to identify them. Could be Oblitus or Olis, or both, or neither.

Then I see them: Oblitus' Exo, across from me and facing me, and another one that I don't recognize, facing away. Could be Olis.

But then, unless I seriously misjudged Olis, he wouldn't attack Oblitus.

I don't like fighting--too much work on my part--and I technically don't owe Oblitus a thing. However, at this point, I'm too invested in this weird "heart of a god" thing to just walk away. I want to see where it goes.

With the blankest expression I can muster, I charge silently from between two trees behind the mysterious Exo, drill arm extended to ram into Oblitus' attacker.

OOC: Ingrayv attacking Xairez.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

GM

Sensitive De-Matoran ears let the guard pick up the faint sounds of a rumble in the jungle. He checked his watch, his shift ended in seventeen minutes... it'd take far longer to deal with whatever was happening out there.

He lit a cigarette and leaned back, admiring the stars and moon. It was a beautiful night. He traced some of the constellations, he'd read that in the old, old days, thaumaturges and philosophers had used them to tell the future. They sure weren't telling him anything....

The native captain gave Lufon a quizzical look. "This is good, ja! Hadals are gone or killed, we win!"

...but close to it

A gun that shot vines? That was just horrendously impractical.

I twisted away from the clumsy, slow moving stream of plantlife and returned fire with my own elemental cannon, aiming for the enemy exo's cockpit. I used my EED to muffle the sound of the cannon firing, meaning my target had no way of knowing about the high-intensity sound waves ripping through the air towards him...

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"Isn't it awfully convenient that they all turned up dead just as we came in here to kill them?" I snapped, not lowering my weapon,"What happened to them?" Something was definitely wrong down here.

I saw a tree snap sideways as my sonic blast blew its trunk apart. The stupid brakas had managed to evade my strike, but I doubted that his luck would hold the same way twice. I fired once more, the sonic blast ripping through the disk volley, sending the ruptured metal projectiles spinning off course. The sonic blast kept going, spearing towards the enemy exo's cockpit... 

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

Whatever that vibration was, it was unlikely to be friendly. "You're right - let's get moving. Come on!" Increasing his pace, Zeleran began to run towards the Jat as the rumbling became so loud and strong that it almost knocked him off his feet, dust cascading from the walls of nearby abandoned buildings as they shook themselves apart.

"Let's try and hold them off before we attempt to enter the tower!" he shouted over the immense sound.

IC: (Olis/Vingt)

It had been ten minutes, and neither Einefus nor Oblitus had arrived. Olis cursed...either they had been stopped by the guards or they had exited the city somewhere else. Either way, he would wait ten minutes more, but Olis was constantly aware that guards who had spotted him might be getting closer by the second. Still, he wasn't ditching the others just yet - he hadn't fought golems and got a weird fleshy mask stuck to his face, not to mention a creepy voice inside his head, just to run off.

Kathok

IC Thak:

There was a low rumbling as the ground quaked lightly.

"Bioquake, ya suppose?" he asked, Orange eyes scanning the horizon as he brought the Pig to a sliding stop.

ICKat:

"Lufon, you there? What's goin' on?" I asked, moving the throttle up and moving into one of the tunnels.

GM

[earthquake onomatopoeia intensifies]

The Jattiko was still at the intersection near the petrol station when one of the scouts might have caught sight of the source of all the noise and rumble. A towering, jet black protosteel titan. Enormous and austerely designed, all flat angles and heavy armor. Vaguely humanoid in proportions, but with huge shield like forearms and a barrel chest. It's footfalls were the cause of the shaking as it made it's way towards the intersection and it's enemies.

It's visage was wrought in the shape of a maskless matoran, inscrutable and emotionless. It made no attempt at discussion, negotiation or villainous speech. It merely caught sight of the tank and it's envoy and began to quicken it's pace, breaking into a giant's jog and raising it's shielded forearms to ward off possible attacks.

...but close to it