Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

Ic Tor:

"Downtown Seize. Local police forces are en route, but they'll need some back up, and that's us. Suit up and be ready in ten."

She saluted and turned on heel, headed back to the garages.

IC: Vaxel - Seize garages

The Matoran was ready and waiting at the designated spot. He couldn't wait to get back to work.

IC: Zekev - Burial

Karz, I am soo confused.

"Cor, we kinda should retreat too!" I shouted over the din if her weapon.

IC: Mokeron

"Sir, I think we might've just fell into a trap."

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial.

"That's what I'm doing," I loosed a few more rounds at the retreating beast, then turned and hurried after the others. "I still say we should ditch these guys first chance we get," I whispered to him. "No one mentioned sea monsters or god swords." 

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"This whole place is a trap," I replied, keeping my crossbow at the ready as we followed Kat forwards, deeper into the tunnels. "This is exactly why I prefer not to go into enemy territory with Armour." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"We aren't going back, not yet," I whispered to Zekev, "I think, when the time is right, we should take one of their maps and visit a few more of these ruins. They want to use us as cannon fodder to get whatever treasures are inside...."

A rare smile flitted across my features. "Imagine their despair when they realise we've beaten them to it." 

Was I being greedy and spiteful? Undoubtedly. Did I feel bad about it? Nope. 

"I doubt these "hadals" and their glass knives could take on the Inferno, for example." 

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kain - Burial (Rocky Causeway)

Kain, who was not too far away from Shard and the Sergeant, smiled a little bit during their conversation.

Yeah... Good luck with that, buddy, he thought when the Sergeant suggested that the Matoran ask one of the mercs for a ride.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"It's called wishful thinking," I sighed, "now keep your guard up, unless you want to wind up getting killed by these glass-wielding savages." I kept my eyes locked on the ever-shifting shadows of the tunnels. I had a really bad feeling about all of this....

"You've got a deal," Zekev was so easy to negotiate with, "it's settled then. First chance we get, we'll cut ourselves loose." 

IC: Shard/Somewhere Safe

And this is when I learned how hard it is to use a two-handed sword to cut up crystals. After a few....30 times more or less, I managed to make something similar to wheels. After picking up a few shards that could be used as rods, I began to make a crystal board. I was almost done.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Elerc:

Elerc groaned, before stopping at the North Observatory. "Suko, we're here!", he called up.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt)

After passing through the gate around the temple, I part from Oblitus and stride across to the right side of the office complex. I hold my hand out against the walls on the sides of the buildings and begin walking, using them as a guide of sorts. I want to light a flame for some light, but I don't want to be too obvious.

As my hand leaves the third wall and connects with the fourth, I think back to Oblitus' plan to split up. Not necessarily a bad idea, but I'm not convinced it will work. I don't think we are dealing with amateurs. Whoever is leading these military folk knows what he is doing.

I jerk my hand away from the wall as one of my fingers is nicked on a crack, but I place it back and continue walking.

I am out of the complex. Now, I just need to get to Irene.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Tor:

She was pleasantly surprised to find the two already in the Garage. She hopped up onto on of the tread pods, and turned to address the others.

"Alright, boys, here's the long and short of it. Some maniac is running around our fair city with a custom Exo. Bladed hands. Piloted by a Ga-matoran. We're gonna bring him in with the help of local law enforcement. Vax, I want you on comms, try and talk the guy down. Kulk's, I need you to keep his attention on us. No kill shots until we know what we're dealing with. We're gonna try to lead him away from the city, and take him down."

She clasped her hands behind her back.

"Saddle up, boys! We leave in five!"

IC: Oblitus - Vingt.

Once I made it out into the streets, I released my field of suppressed sound, and reversed it, enhancing all sounds nearby. If someone was following me, in the near-complete quiet of the empty streets, I'd be able to hear them. 

IC: Vaxel

"Got it Captain," Vaxel nodded. He clambered in after Kulkakahn and seated himself into the comms station. He started to do a pre-mission check of all his tools.

IC: Zekev

"I almost forgot, I want half the gold too. Bud that's inconsequential.

"So when can we stop running?" I was really out of breath by now. I'm built for speed and looks, not stamina. Well, not speed, either, come to think of it. Or looks.

IC: Mokeron

Mokeron looked around, scanning for threats. He hated being unprepared and not in control of his situation.

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC: Xairez

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" The Skakdi yelled in pain as I stabbed him clean in the gut. The big guy fell over, leaking blood everywhere. I flicked my blade to get the blood of it, and searched the Merc's pockets. A couple of widgets, a can of Nui Cola and a cigerette. I shook my head and climbed back into Ekial. I popped the can of Nui Cola in my glove box and pocketed the widgets. I set off, the warm Vingt jungle enveloping me in heat.

OOC: Open for interaction.

We'd almost reached the camp, it seemed. "Even if I didn't let you have half the gold you'd just take it after we loaded it into the Hound," I pointed out, straightening my hat as I slowed to a brisk walk. "Besides, who needs gold when you can have guns?"

In case you hadn't figured it out yet, I really like guns.

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial Camp.

"Aw come on, look how awesome this thing is," I protested, brandishing my new rifle. "I just wish I'd found one of those shotgun things I've read about. I hear those are really bloody lethal." 

"You wouldn't have a mouth - or a face - anymore if this thing went off." 

IC: Shard/Burial Camp

I looked up to see the approaching forms of Cor and Zekev. I looked back to my creation. Of course, without nails or actual things to attach the parts, this thing wouldn't work, but my crystal/gem powers would keep it together. I put the parts together and then stepped on it, allowing my powers to maintain the constructions. Unfortunately the experience was new to me, and I slipped and fell, the board flew off the axles and before it could hit anyone, I had a crystal spike form along it's path and the board crashed into it, shattering the both of them. I sighed as I formed another crystal beside me, sword in hands. Time to make the board again.

Of course, since Zekev and I had started running back towards the camp before Kain and his reinforcements had even joined the battle, we made it back long before Shard did. "What the karz is that thing?" I regarded his crystal contraption with a raised eyebrow as he approached. 

I can't believe anyone's stupid enough to use me as cannon fodder for the sake of someone like him....

• Upvote 1

I finished my board. And with a some practice and extreme concentration, I managed to balance myself and move around. I kept my thoughts to myself as Cor interrupted my concentration. I boarded over to her, or rather, made my way till I was 2 bios away.

"A makeshift method of transportation. If you haven't seen what I've done, I incinerated my suit."

I considered carving up some thicker, harder crystals for makeshift armor.

It took a lot of effort and concentration not to burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter. He wouldn't last more than a few hours on that thing, at best. He'd given in to exhaustion, whether from physical exertion, of from draining his elemental energy reserves. 

"You planning to go on that thing for the rest of the expedition?" I sneered. He's dead weight now....

She got me thinking. Should I really waste my elemental energy on riding a board that could easily fall apart? After thinking for a while, I got off and played around on my tablet. After looking at the unused crystal shards, I realized that I could probably make things to attach the parts together. 

"Perhaps there are other ways to move without exerting myself so much. Thanks."

I began to make modifications to the board, using the blade on crystals to try and get the right sizes for the screws. Unfortunately, I made awkward cuts that prompted me to start over. But my swordsmanship, or rather actually holding the blade for longer periods of time was slowly getting easier. Using the sword for combat, however, would be another thing.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"Maybe three or four if he stays hydrated," I whispered back, "five tops." 

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

Kain opened the hatch to his Exo-Suit, letting the mech's arms hang limply off to the sides as he fished around in his glove compartment for another pack of smokes.

"So, giant lizards and bipedal snakes, huh? What next? Talking squids? Flying turtles? Psychic undead levitating two-headed elephants?" he mumbled to nobody in particular. "I'm getting too old for this..."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Luckily for Zekev, I wasn't within hearing distance, because if I heard what he said, then let's see what they'd do without their method of transportation. And I was more fit than they seemed. My suit required me to practice running and jumping and stuff like that in order to adapt to the agility of the suit.

I finished the board. And because I didn't need to use my elemental energy to hold it together, it saved a lot of energy. I already planned to board on open areas that were easier to traverse, but around here right now, it was a bit dangerous. After I heard some hushed voices, I glared at the two, who were looking at me and were obviously talking about me. I held my breath for a minute and calmed down. I was a scout with a few months of experience (and then again, giant serpents, dragon things, disappearing trees, and an amazingly cool sword weren't really part of the job description) and they were more experienced. I turned to Kain.

"How about some cool gear?"

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 1

GM

Exo Red continued to sit there helplessly.

Sgt Logan watched the trio warily. Surprisingly, Kain was well behaved. The others clearly didn't get along, intervention may have helped, but it was not part of Treize procedure to butt into interpersonal issues. Unless one of them opened fire, it wasn't his place to step in. Sounded odd, right? But in a military as loose and modular as theirs, independence had to be fostered and reinforced. This included letting soldiers solve their own disputes.

Base camp was nearby now. We'll away from the treeline. Hopefully the lizard had ran off. The burly vortixx didn't fancy seeing that sword used again. It might have saved them once, but things of it ilk were dangerous. Too dangerous.

At the present, it might have gone unnoticed. But usage of Burial had been accompanied by a release of endorphins into Shard's brain. It was content to see how this simple form of control worked, it might not need to do anything more drastic.

"Yes," Grunbeld grumbled gutturally, eyes on the Ornstein and ghastly paperwork. "It'd be good to have all of you briefed on the situation. Just keep it quiet, understood? I trust your unit is the tight lipped type."

The following Fikou pair kept a sizable distance from their marks.

Eventually, Kat would come open a large round grate in the floor. The native Exo called a halt. Explaining that this was the splitting point for their operation. The exosuits would take a few heavily equipped natives to the gates, knock via explosives and pray. Lufon, Mokeron and the rest would follow the sewer system into the facility and locate the ventilation systems.

"Understood, ja?"

...but close to it

IC: Shard/Following the Sarge

Noticing that the Sergeant was about to head off, I sheathed my blade and began to follow by his side on foot for now. I began to feel slightly relieved, probably because we were going home. I wouldn't mind taking a break before I would ask the Sgt. to head out to the next place as described on those stones.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

I looked up from my new rifle to see the Sergeant finally arrive at the camp. "There you are, sir." I spat the word with disgust, and glowered at him. "You've got a bit of explaining to do."

Hopefully he realised the weapon in my hands meant I wouldn't be taking no for an answer. 

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt)

The Mangaia Office Complex behind me, I begin walking through the city. I have lit my cigarette and am moving somewhat slowly. I figure that at this point, if I'm being followed, I'm not going to have much luck losing whomever is following me. No need to rush--I hate rushing.

I come across Irene, still resting outside Vert's place. She's as ugly as always. We're a perfect match, and I love her for that.

I hoist myself up into her cranky form and start her. One of the good things about her is that she sports a Volitak. Useful if you want to get away from someone. Not so useful if said someone has one of those masks that totally negate a Volitak's powers, but for all my blandness and boredom, I like to think of myself as an optimist.

I guide her toward the edge of the city, quietly humming "Irene, Goodnight" and musing over the fact that our little group had never set a meet-up point.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

As I was at his side, I immediately barred her way with my blade. But as I didn't feel as anxious, I didn't intend to cut her where she stood.

"Perhaps you can ask a question without drawing a weapon to someone's face."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

I looked down at the rifle hanging loosely in my hands, then back to Shard. "I'm not pointing it at anyone, idiot." 

Blind as well as stupid; I'm surprised he's lasted this long....

"Yet."

• Upvote 2

I did not budge, my hands remained on my blade.

"Yet," I repeated. "I didn't say you were doing it, though. And don't come up with anything cunning either, because I said it as an expression. If anything, I'm the one pointing my weapon at you."

Of course I wouldn't hit her. I would be punished if I did hurt a soldier. But that didn't stop me from defending my superiors.

"Get out of my way," I snapped, "this is none of your business." I fired a couple of rounds down near his feet, knowing if he had any sense he'd back the karz off before I started putting bullets in him instead. 

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

"Cool or not, gear's just that, kid; gear," Kain said, lighting a fresh cigarette with the flame protruding from his finger and acting completely oblivious to the tension around him. "How you use it is more important than what it does, and it certainly isn't worth risking your neck for."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: