Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Kaleva - Motara

A grin spread across his face as the Ta-Matoran felt the earthquake. "Oh man, that sounds like a big one! This'll be gr--" He was cut short as the titan came into view. Now, Kaleva loved himself a fight. He loved to challenge himself, sometimes even go up against impossible odds. But some...thing that was at least 8 times the size of his exo? That was about the time where he turns the Jäger around, starts backing up, and prepares his thrusters to get himself away as soon as the tank starts backing away itself.

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

"What is that monstrosity?"

Zeleran stared up at the gigantic metal mech thundering towards them.

"Anyway, let's go!" He leaped into the heavy class tank. "Driver, leave!" Unbeknownst to the Jatikko's crew, they would begin to head in the direction from which the Pig was arriving.

Edited by 000

Kathok

IC Thak:

With a flash of orange glow, he activated his thermal vision....Just in time to see the massive Mechanical monster come into view.

he gave a low whistle, and the teltale sounds of Exo's moving could be heard.

"Looks like this is our lucky day, Zarx."

He gunned the engine, the vehicle tearing across the dunes once more towards Circadian.... and away from the Jatikko's path.

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt)

I cannot decide if I should be impressed or annoyed at this individual's rather acute hearing (I suppose he could be a De-Matoran, but the vines would seem to suggest otherwise). I consider going for another attack, but the Exosuit shoots at Oblitus, and Oblitus shoots back, and now there's a lot of shrapnel flying our way. I don't want to get caught in the blast, so I backpedal quickly and wait to see if the attack lands.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Xairez - Vingt

I managed to jolt out of the way, dodging the majority of the blow but my left ear screaming with pain. It eventully went quiet, my left ear apparently losing its hearing capabilities. I activated the EL cannon on Ekial, firing a large vine bolas at the De-Matoran, hopefully entangling the mech.

IC: Zarx

Zarx put her feet up and finished the can of Nui-Cola. "Well, I gotta say, I should have trusted ya." She said.

Edited by Sharkydane

Judging from the effect that the blast from the EL cannon had on the discs, it was safe to assume that the driver was a De-Matoran. 

No, it isn't. This seems exceedingly metagamey. An invisible force knocks his disks off-course and he immediately correctly guesses Oblitus' element? Even though there's a half-dozen different elements - air, gravity, magnetism, iron, etc. - that could have had the same effect?

IC: Oblitus - Vingt.

Again with the vines? That had to be the single most useless weapon. Ever. Of all time. I let the bolas hit me, tangling around the exo's waist and pinning the arm bearing the elemental cannon to the Lupus' side.

And then, with an almost-casual burst of Pakari-assisted movement, I ripped myself free and fired at the enemy exo's chest. 

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"The Hadals are all dead," I reported to Kat, "some one or thing got to them before we did."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

"Karz.... That would explain why my sector was empty. I'm making my way to your position, don't go too far ahead."

IC Thak:

He laughed boisterously, "Yer' right! Now, let's get us some treasure, eh?" The jeep roared along, singing the desert tune, still blaring Music at full volume.

GM

"I don't think it is violence, Lufon." The native had a little difficulty with the foreigner's name. "These cups of blue liquid are what we call 'Nightshade'. It is an extract from mushrooms, highly poisonous but a very peaceful way to go." He pried one of the stone-glass knives from a corpse's grasp, holding it up to the, admittedly dim, lighting. Various permutations of an orb like figure were visible.

"These represent Starshe Staryy. Their god. In surface tongue it might be..." He worked through the words in his head. "Older than Old. This is some kind of ritual or sacrifice. These are all non combatants. Their warrior caste isn't here. Hopefully they stay gone." That was quite a mouthful. Maybe being around the surface dwellers had helped his linguistics.

Inside the Woden, Black smirked. They scattered like ants before him. With a single mighty fist, the armor ripped a chunk of building out, tossing the concrete and glass mortar at Carthage and Kaleva.

...but close to it

A ritual sacrifice? And none of the warriors were here? I had an exceedingly bad feeling about this. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Fine," I was barely paying attention to what he was saying; I was too busy trying to connect the dots in my head. Ritual sacrifice.... all of the warriors missing.... the convenient timing of it all.... it finally hit me. We were walking into a trap. 

Somehow, they'd known we were coming.

The sacrifice had been to their god; most likely they'd been praying for divine intervention in the battle to come. The warriors were probably gathered deeper in the facility, waiting for us to come to them. 

Hearing the sound of the armor's fist on the building, Kaleva looked up, and noticed the incoming chunks of concrete. "Woah!" Kaleva said, pouring his elemental power into the exo's thrusters, shooting himself out of the way of the falling rocks.

Pu32xij.png

IC: Sora

"... That thing exceeds all known standards of engineering."

"... Seriously. How did they work around the square cube law? How did they get a walking mech that big? How is it that it can walk without sinking into the ground?!"

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC Carth:

I look up to see about half a skyscraper being thrown at me.

"Boy, if this day get's any worse, I'm just gonna head for home!" I yelled, gunning my mech full tilt to swerve away from the large house sized projectile.

"May as well hit back!" I said, charging the EL Cannons.

"Run and gun, fellas!"

GM

Woden's cockpit was a rather spacious affair, the pilot's seat similar to modern exo-suits in many ways, but far superior in terms of construction, durability, handling and of course, aesthetics. An array of switches surrounded the pilot, as well was a variety of screens that showed them the battlefield from front and rear facing cameras. Contrary to what one might assume, the cockpit was in neither torso nor head, but somewhere in between. Where the neck and trapezoidal muscles would reside on a organic humanoid. Below the viewing screens was a plinth with a smaller screen, inscribed into it's base was the designation MEGADEUS II / V. The small circular screen was lit as well, displaying a cryptic message to the pilot.

Unfortunately, Stiehl had wanted these trespassers caught (mostly) alive, so Black wouldn't have a chance to use the truly dangerous weapons. He hadn't expected the chunk of architecture to connect, it had merely been a test. They got a B- on that one, he'd seen worse.

He slowed from a jog to a walk, they possessed no method of harming them. He merely had to render them immobile.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Arkie (Jatikko/Motara)

"Alright, let's bring this guy down," I growl, setting my sights on the seemingly more delicate knee joint. "Fire in the hole!" I yell as I send a shell off towards the mechanical joint, gesturing for Gamma to reload.

IC: Suko (Treize Observatory)

I continue half-snoozing in my chair.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Gamma

Gamma reloaded the chamber, the shell grinding against the metal of the cannon.

IC: Xairez

I had just enough time to be prepared for the blast, due to the vines. Again, I lurched out of the way, firing a weaken disc at the Matoran

IC: Zarx

The two got closer and closer to Circadian. Zarx had pulled out another Nui-Cola, and was currently drinking it.

I sidestepped the disk and lunged in close, swinging out at the enemy exo's cockpit with all of the force my Pakari-assisted claw arm could muster. Talons splayed wide to tear into the metal of my foe, I had every intention of finishing this guy off.

I laughed, knowing that his exo's hand was most likely completely ruined after taking the full force of my strike. I raised my elemental cannon, using the long barrel of the weapon to deflect the oncoming fist rather than take the brunt of its force. 

With both arms occupied, I brought up my exo's clawed foot and lashed out at the enemy exo's chest. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Metal grinded as the foot slammed into Ekial's chest. I would have to look at that later. It seemed to making an unhealthy sound, but for now, i could make do. My elemental cannon was free, so I activated it, firing a thorny missile straight for the cockpit of the enemy exo.

Edited by Sharkydane

Wood versus protodermis?

Protodermis wins. 

The thorn flew towards my cockpit and I twisted slightly, turning what would have been a direct hit - which might have slightly scratched my screen - into a harmless blow that ricocheted off the side. 

I pressed forwards, aiming to shove him backwards, and stomped down at one of his feet as I did so. If all went according to plan, I would pin his foot to the ground, preventing him from being able to do anything to stop himself from being shoved over. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

From inside the tank, Zeleran shouted to the rest of the crew: "Gunners, aim for the legs, more specifically the leg joints! Sora, see if you can attack the minds of any of the pilots!"
As a final note, Zeleran said: "And Driver, get us further away from that thing. Also, can someone get me on a radio line with the exos?"

IC: (Olis/Vingt)

It had been about ten minutes since Olis had thought 'I'll wait another ten minutes', and therefore, by amazing skills of deduction, you could come to the conclusion that he was no longer prepared to wait. He headed for the forest, hoping to find the others there.

Edited by 000

Kathok

Kaleva came to a stop, as he turned the Jäger around to face the behemoth. He'd gotten a decent distance with that burst of speed, and the thing had slowed down. He had to admit, this thing was impressive. A machine this massive was something he hadn't thought was even possible: but here it was right in front of him. He was honestly a bit jealous.

Regardless, this was an issue. Kaleva's exo wasn't designed for ranged battle. His only ranged weapon - an EL Cannon built into the suit's arm - was compressed and weakened extremely so that it would fit within the arm and not weigh the suit down. He doubted it could do much damage to something this massive. If he was going to do any damage at all, he would need to get up close, strike at joints up close with the Heat Blade.

"Karz," Kaleva said to himself, "This is going to be tough."

He set off in the Jäger, activating its thrusters once more, speeding towards the colossus.

Pu32xij.png

I wrestle with Irene as her backpedal triggers a lockup in her left knee, which prevents it from fully extending. This keeps us stumbling backward until we hit a tree, at which point I struggle to get her upright on her right leg. I bend the right knee and plant the left foot in the ground, and then I begin trying to straighten it again, this time wiggle it back and forth, using the ground for leverage. All the while, Oblitus and Plant Person continue fighting.

When Irene's leg finally works its kink out with a frightening snap and grind, I am able to straighten her and move properly. I run forward and swing my drill arm overhead, aiming to club the Exosuit as it falls to the ground.

GM

The electromagnetic projectile and the electromagnetic bolts were deflected as they approached the colossus, a faint orange array of hexagonal energy shielding activated several bio from the Woden's body, sending the railgun's payload careening into a nearby building with an amazingly cool *waaaPOOOSH* sound, the onomatopoeia of which was quite difficult to write out. The EL cannon's electrical barrage seemed to race along the roughly oblong surface of the energy field before scattering into the distance behind it.

Inside the cockpit, Black took a glance at the kanohi powering the Megadeus, a disturbingly organic looking mask that Stiehl had called a 'Crast.' It had been unearthed along with the ancient armor and reminded him of the feral rahkshi that plagued some areas of Motara and Ertrunken. The pilot was not sure as to the limits of it's power, but it's deflecting capabilities were a boon in combat. Allowing him to close the distance to targets, of course, it had it surely had it's limits, but he had not yet encountered them.

...but close to it

I raised my foot one more time, and stomped down at the enemy exo's exposed cockpit. 

IC Carth:

There was really only one thing to say in a time like this.

"."

Still retreating, I let loose three razor discs, charging the EL cannons again. An over charge shot would potentially melt the priming forks, but at this point, it was all or nothing.

"Hit 'em with everything ya got!"

I raised my foot up, brought it down again. And again. And again.

We couldn't afford any unwanted witnesses at this point in the operation. There was too much at stake. 

"Quick, help me get rid of the evidence," I told Einefus, reaching into the destroyed exo's crumpled cockpit to scrape up whatever mangled mush remained of its unfortunate, idiotic pilot. 

I'm not exactly sure how this is evidence, or why it's evidence, but I use Irene's claw hand to try to pry crumpled bits of cockpit out of the way so Oblitus can reach in to do whatever he's planning on doing.