The Asylum - IC Topic

IcarusBen

IC: "Five-Knuckled" Sal - Solitary

Sal readied herself to lash out with the metal fragment, only pulling back at the last second when she found herself face-to-face with Halmos, another patient, and what appeared to be one of the guards.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" she mused quietly, taking a peek through the doorway in an attempt to locate the monster's position. "Mata Nui must think very highly of me if he saw it fit that I share this area with two of this place's finest examples of bloody incompetence."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Fade - Solitary.

Once more Fade reached out with his powers, increasing gravity around the monster tenfold with the intent to slow it down or possibly even pin it in place.  

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC

Surprisingly, the ice blade didn't bounce off its target - it swept clean through it like butter. Only problem is, it didn't hurt the creature at all or even leave a scratch. Fade's gravity powers pushed the creature tight to the wall, when the creature did something extraordinary.

It fused into the wall.

"Kotak, get over here!" Halmos screeched out, infuriated. A black mass moved across the wall to the ceiling.

GM IC Nyhe:

The chute pulled into the Colosseum station.

"Colosseum Maxima! Full stop!"

"Well, that's us. Come on, guys."

Nyhe stood in awe of the tall spire. So sleek and elegant. It was a welcome reprieve from the cold halls of the Asylum or the rustic stonework of Ga-Metru.

Several Vahki stood in the large entrance. One stepped out of line to "greet" the trio.

"STATE YOUR NAME AND INTENTION."

"Doctor Nyhe, Chief of Medicine. These two are Scriva and Lana. We're here to see the Turaga Council."

"PROCEED."

Entering the main hall, Nyhe turned to the two patients accompanying her.

"Well, that was about as warm a welcome as we could hope for. Come on, let's get to the elevator." 

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: Gida

Gida was awoken by massive crashing noises. Oh geez, it was happening again. Yeah, uh... that's been going on for awhile now. You sure do like to sleep. You can hear things while I sleep? Uh, yeah... I'm not you, you know. I don't always sleep when you do. She stood and walked out of her room, looking around. There was something going on at Solitary, she could tell by the noise. "Hmm..." she sighed aloud. Maybe she'd just... take a look. But she'd stay out of the way. So the Lightning Toa moved off down the hallway.

OOC: Gida's open for interaction at last. Again, sorry I've been gone for so long. I had a lot to do.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC: Scriva - Colosseum.

"That was warm?" she said, sceptical.  

He agreed with the patient. This had to end now. Activating his mask, Fade increased in size until his head was almost scraping the ceiling, then swung his oversized fist with bone-shattering force towards the black mass. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Sal continued to watch on in disgust. With her powers rendered non-existent, and her mask all but useless, she could do nothing but stand there and observe the eventual outcome of the battle.

And it absolutely ticked her off to no end.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC

"No No NO!" Halmos shouted as Fade's attack combined with Kotak's hit the ceiling. The monster took the blows, but as it did so, the ceiling came with it...

Black tendrils interlaced into the walling shot out across the walls, even into some of the floor. The monster let out a roar, capable of chilling to the bones - but not just because it was a scream in the Minds of those below,  not just because it was loud... It was the soft, innocent pleading cry of a Ga-Matoran. And Ga-Matoran are not known for having raspy or harsh voices.

The lights went out.

"Pathetic. Do you think you can defeat me? I am all and none, so much that you are pathetic beneath me. I am the nightmare that haunts your minds, the terror with which you flee from. I am one of you and none of you, all of you and some of you. I am the sweetest dream, I am your deathbed, and I am your blood. Can you not surrender your brilliant minds before me?"

"Brakas."

The lights appeared for a second as the monster shot out a tentacle of shadow, Halmos jumping at it as it knocked Fade to the ground. Out the lights went again.

Another half a second, Halmos was now clinging to the ceiling attempting to stab the thing. For a second a Matoran face could almost be seen in the thing. And the lights shut off again.

Ther lights turned back on for good, Halmos was on the floor with a large blackened area on his chest, breathing heavily. The monster roared and shot tentacles out to every part of solitary. It constricted, and a groan could be heard from the building itself as it slightly tightened.

Cracks began to appear in the walls. Doors fell off their hinges. The place was coming down on them.

IC Kotak:

He shot a look at the Guard.

"You. Gravity. Now."

With that said, he pulled all the remaining power he had, and began forming Ice in the crevices that appeared, Holding the building together. 

"Hear me, creature, we may not defeat you this day, but so will you not defeat us!"

"And you, Doctor. You shall not stop me."

Edited by The UltimoScorp

"You don't give me orders, patient," he snapped at Kotak, turning to make sure the other guards had made it out okay. Once done, he followed them out of Solitary, leaving the patients - and Halmos - behind. 

GM IC

"Nice try."

A heavy stream of rubble blocked off Fade from leaving as Halmos got to his feet. He was about to backtalk Kotak when he noticed all the electronic doo-das on him. Annoyed, he rushed down to a security box, unlocked it, and grabbed the microphone inside.

"Attention Solitary patients: This is Dr. Halmos evacuate to General confinement at once!"

Racing back in, he turned to Kotak. "Get moving! we have to clear that rubble out of the way before this place comes down on us!"

Increasing his size once more, Fade punched a hole in the crumbling ceiling and clambered out onto the roof.  

GM IC

As the guards pushed the rubble out of the way, patients in solitary came pouring out until it was fully evacuated. Except for Kotak and Halmos.

Sunlight burst through the hole in the ceiling, as Fade would find the roof rather boring-looking... Except for the view. None of the shadowy tendrils were on the outside, yet there was no safe way down. A drop from here and he was likely to break his legs, maybe worse.

GM IC

The guards on the watchtowers were much more intelligent and precise than the guards inside the building, one in particular having an odd-looking weapon shaped like a grenade launcher...

The Shock Cluster was aimed at the water where Kotak was. Taking close aim, the guard fired a single shot, powerful enough to easily knock out a Kane-Ra. Good thing water conducts electricity.

OOC: Nice try, buster.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC: Fade - Above Solitary.

Now standing on the roof of the solitary confinement area, Fade started stomping on the roof, trying to collapse it - onto the monster that had damaged it in the first place. I'm seriously not getting paid enough for this....

Now this entire section of the building was collapsing?! What the Karz is this thing?!

Sal bolted into the hallway, furiously assisting the other guards in their rubble-removal while activating her mask. When the way was eventually cleared out, she looked around, making sure that everyone else had gotten out first before turning and noticing that only Halmos still hadn't escaped.

Everything inside of her told her to leave him behind, but she quickly found her muscles doing the exact opposite.

Sprinting her way in his direction and dodging the debris falling from the ceiling, the Vo-Toa grabbed ahold of the collar of his lab coat and proceeded to forcefully drag his sorry hide back towards the exit.

You better be really appreciative when this is over, Karz-head.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

GM IC

"Wait a minute!" Halmos said, breaking free of her grip for a moment. He walked over to the wall and placed a small, octagon device on it. Pressing a button in the center, it began flashing immediately.

"Alright, let's get out of here. Kotak has attempted to escape, we need to find him."

IC: Fade - Above Solitary.

"You have got to be karzing kidding me...." he used the spring-like effects of the roof to launch himself away from Solitary and land just inside the fence, away from the collapsing structure. Cursing under his breath, he started storming back towards the entrance. 

He needed to get back inside and finish this. 

Sal nodded silently, pushing the doctor in front of her as she once again attempted to escape.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC:Kuraz

Kuraz arrived at solitary in time to see Kotak and Fade attacking the monster. She hid around the corner of a hallway and watched from there. She nodded to answer Kovika's question. Looks like the monster shapeshifted somehow. If a guard finds us now we're dead. When solitary started collapsing, Kuraz ran away.

IC:Nakton

Nakton was training when a guard came to his cell. Was he going to be free? No, but at least he would no longer stuck inside this small room. He followed the guard all the way to general confinement, looking at the remains of a hallway where a fight had taken place. That explains why he was evacuated, but how the karz did that happen?

My BZPRPG Profiles

Johk - Gerox - Skebran - Samoh

The Asylum: Nakton - Kuraz - Empu

IC Kodrix:

The opportunity for escape was not lost on Kodrix as he was evacuated, but he did not try. He knew they were prepared, and doubly so when there was such an obvious opportunity.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

GM IC Nyhe:

Nyhe entered the elevator with Scriva and Lana.

"Council floor, please."

Two-hundred and thirty stories high... This was was karzing huge. The Council was only on floor 150...

Wow.

"Floor 150... Open..."

"Well, let's go..."

The council chamber was a huge round room. The actual room was rather empty, but at the far end was a large raised section with nine chairs.

From left to right, the nine Turaga sat. Nokama, Matau, Onewa, Vakama, Dume, Lhikan, Whenua, Nuju and the "honorary Turaga," Teridax.

Dume, in his position as the leader of the Turaga, stood from his chair, though a more apt description would be his throne. 

"Doctor Nyhe, Toa Scriva, Toa Lana. I hear you have an urgent matter to bring to our attention."

Teridax also stood up.

"Yes, Doctor. You've made the claim that the Siphon should be... shut down..."

"Yes, Turaga. Here. I've complied the data onto a datacube."

Nyhe handed the datacube to the Makuta, who installed it into the computer system...

"We will leave to deliberate. Please wait here."

And so, just like that, the Turaga Council up and left.

"Well... That was... brief..."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC: Lana

I was standing before the leaders of Metru Nui itself. I felt like something was stuck in my throat, it was rather nerve wracking to be standing before people that had the power to change your future if they so decided too. I just stood there respectfully. I didn't dare swallow, not until they left and were no longer in site. 

"Well...they get straight to business it seems..." I said once the Turaga were no longer present. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"That's it?" she wheezed, incredulous. "Just like that?"

GM IC

As soon as Halmos was out of solitary, he called the guards again. "Listen, that Kotak fellow is now a threat. I want you to shoot anything you see moving in the water that appears to be a life form. That's an order."

Edited by Ghidora131

GM IC Nyhe:

"Well... They are fairly busy. Plus, not much I can do about that..."

An hour later, Turaga Dume walked back into the room, the rest of the council following behind.

"We have come to a decision. The Siphon will be deactivated for the time being. The data shows a population of 100 Toa inside the Asylum?"

"103."

"Very well. I will dispatch 75 Bordakh and 50 Zadakh to the Asylum as well as 30 more traditional guards."

"Thank you, Turaga."

"You are welcome. To your other query, yes. It will be done immediately."

"Excuse me?"

"The status of Toa Scriva. According to your evalutation, she has been determined sane and will be released immediately following the removal of her implant. Now, if you don't mind, we have other matters to attend to. Farewell."

As the Turaga left, Nyhe turned to Scriva.

"I... I haven't sent a request for your release yet. I haven't even finished writing it..."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

"Well who could have sent it, then?" there were only two options she could see. Doctor Halmos....

.....or the monster.

My mind whirled, apparently Scriva was no longer a patent, she'd be free from that awful place. I was glad for her, but I couldn't help but wonder about myself, did I have a chance of being freed? I didn't believe I was crazy, though I wasn't sure what Nyhe thought about me. Especially after I'd been locked up in solitary for the night. 

"Who cares who sent it, you're free from that place Scriva, that's a good thing."

Edited by Lara Croft

"No, I'm not," she told Lana, "I promised Nyhe I'd come back and work there. If someone - or thing - else has already arranged for my release, the only explanation I can think of is that they want me there, with my powers...." 

"Oh..." I felt happy that Scriva wasn't actually leaving, as selfish as that sounds. But she was the only real friend I had. "Well, at least you don't have to sleep in a cell, or get surgery you don't want." I almost glared at Nyhe when I said that.

"Yeah...."

"Oh..." I felt happy that Scriva wasn't actually leaving, as selfish as that sounds. But she was the only real friend I had. "Well, at least you don't have to sleep in a cell, or get surgery you don't want." I almost glared at Nyhe when I said that.

GM IC Nyhe:

"You do realize we use Surgery as a general examination room, right? Kotak came from an island that has a non-lethal but highly contagious disease on it. You'll be happy to know he's perfectly healthy."

Nyhe turned back to Scriva. "It's unlikely the monster sent the request. I don't doubt it's ability, but wouldn't it want more Toa hooked up to the Siphon?"

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

"It knew my name, it spoke to me, remember?" she hissed, "There are other Ce-Toa in the Asylum; it doesn't need me hooked up to the Siphon as well. Besides, who else could it have been? Halmos barely knows me, and you didn't do it."

GM IC

With a large melting of metal, the entire Solitary broke into pieces and was clumped by the monster. The remains fell to the ground as the monster teleported to another location. Smoke began to rise as riot guards furiously fought the flames. By now, Nyhe and crew could see it rising.

Halmos slowly made his way to Fade's location, breathing heavily still. "You.... No, not all of solitary! Where will the dangerous Toa go?"