The Asylum - IC Topic

IcarusBen

IC: Lana

"I have a better idea..." I turned toward Sal, Astrapi, Celii, and whoever else cared to listen. "We go find the monster that's been picking us off one by one every night, and kill it." I used my mask to look  through the entire facility, if the monster was in the Asylum I'd find it. 

"Then after that's done, we deal with the one responsible for the monster, and for putting us all in here." Halmos' time would come soon enough. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

GM IC

Lana would quickly find the siphon shut down, and difficult to see through. Somehow, Halmos had lined the interior of the room in a material that blocked some of her mask powers. But she did notice a being... Unidentifiable at the moment, inside pounding on the door. It was trapped.

She had already skimmed past Halmos, so It definitely wasn't him.

Scriva, on the other hand, immediately felt three other beings with telekinetic powers; one so faint she barely picked it up, another seemed artificial, but the third was undoubtedly the monster. "Yesss... Sweet... Scrumptious..."

The disturbing thing was the fake-feeling one and the monster's came from the exact same place.

IC: Ikinu

Huddled in the corner, forgotten, but not gone. 

"IIIIIII'MMMMMM STILLL HEEERREEEEEE!" A voice screeched through the hallways. The music box echoed.

Ikinu was chuckling. Then then the laugh turned into a hysterical cackle. 

*You don't have to do this. You can escape.*

I'M DONE WITH THAT NOW.

A vortixx lay next to him, his mouth open as if to smile. His suit was a crimson red and orange.  Then Ikinu turned him over, and pulled out the knife. The blood oozed onto the floor. 

Ikinu picked up the tazer next to him and smiled, taking off the suit of the vortixx. He put it on, and chuckled. It was time.

Edited by Sharkydane

Ic: Iyanu

The Toa walked through the hallways, crushing things that he didn't like the look of, crates, lights, cameras, anything. As he crushed a nearby can under its own gravity, a guard came past. He looked, then double looked. He went for his commlink, but was cut off by a sudden blade through his hand and the wire. He was speechless, and looked up at the face.

The twitching face, with a haughty smile on the mask of quick-travel.

Iyanu closed his hand, and the gurad screamed out in pain for a second as his brain was suddenly its own gravity source, before exploding violently, blood and brain splattering the walls floor and Iyanu. The body fell, and Iyanu retracted the blade. He stopped twitching and looked forward again, before using his mask to get to the place where there was usually people.

The canteen.

He closed the door behind him with a loud bang and looked towards the group that was sitting at the table.

He laughed.

IC: "Five-Knuckled" Sal - Cafeteria

"While a good idea in theory, the Siphon shouldn't be an immediate priority," Sal said, shaking her head and closing her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest. "If we were to escape, we could just get someone to remove the devices connecting us to it from our bodies anyway, and it still wouldn't have any affect on us afterwards. Of course, the other patients brought in later on wouldn't be as lucky, but that's their problem, not ours."

She tried to refrain from laughing at the Po-Toa's suggestion to kill the monster, but in the end, ended up failing miserably.

"And how do you suppose we do that? Convince it to commit suicide through an attempt at conversation? I was there when that thing took out the entire Solitary wing, watching our good friend the Chief of Security throw everything he had at it, and believe me when I tell you this, but he might as well have been attacking it with a feather duster. No, if brute force could have taken it out alone, it would've been done a long time ago. What you're suggesting would require us to find out more about it, learn about the actual specifications concerning its strengths and weaknesses, and formulate a plan around that data, provided we don't just attempt to leave and let Metru Nui deal with the fallout of their own leaders' idiocy instead."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Lana

"The siphon is it's weakness, that's where it's power comes from. Without the siphon draining our power it's nothing, we can beat it." The siphon was what created the monster in the first place, with that source gone it's power had to be waning. 

"Whether you come along or not is up to you. That's where I'm going." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Fade - Cafeteria.

"No one is going anywhere," while the other guards had been blocking the entrances, Fade had been walking through the room, keeping a wary eye on the patients at all of the different tables. He'd reached the table with Lana, Sal and the others just in time to overhear the end of the conversation. "You're all staying right here until Doctor Halmos or Nyhe arrive and decide how this situation is to be dealt with."

He looked over to Scriva, who seemed to be staring off into space. "What's wrong with her?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kotak(Timeskip to Nuju's meeting)

It had been difficult to get this meeting, and Kotak was not about to waste his oppurtunity.

He Knelt to the Ko-Turaga's level, glancing at Matoro, his faithful translator.

"Turaga, you must understand that this... sanitarium is nothing more than an overtouted prison. No one is being treated, just held and occasionally being used for barbaric experiments." He gestured to the scars.

"What's more, there is a.... a creature, using the Siphon to use our very powers to murder us one by one. Inside, we are helpless, and the Doctors refuse to do anything about it."

"I'm asking you as an already reformed Toa to shut the whole place down. For the sake of the lives there."

IC (As Astrapi): "Killing..." The toa of lightning began to recall a memory. In her mind, she could see three other toa of lightning that were standing in front of a turaga. His exact words were unclear, but she could hear one phrase echoing over and over again. "A toa must not kill another sapient being such as their enemies, or they shall be seen as murderers...However, if the salvation of your enemy will result in your demise, then the code will be null and void for that specific situation..." The Vo-Toa slowly came back to reality as the memory faded away. *Even in my current state as an antisocial shell of my former identity, I still followed the toa code, simply because I wanted to hold to anything that would keep me from becoming a truly hopeless case like many of the patients here..." 

Astrapi turned back to Celii and Sal. "I only just met you two and I don't know the name of the toa of stone, but I'm getting this odd feeling that if we act like typical toa and use the two virtues of unity and duty, we can fulfill our destiny, which is to escape this asylum and set everyone free. Well, at least I believe that will happen anyway." The lightning toa turned back to face Lana. "My name's Astrapi. I used like my old teammates, but my time here morphed me into a antisocial and depressed toa. Nowadays, I spend a lot of my time looking for batteries and yelling at thin air about how much I hate this prison and the dark hunters." Astrapi finished speaking and waited for the stone toa to reply. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

OOC: Waiting for clarification on something before I post as Scriva. 

"Hey, moron?" he waved his hand in front of Astrapi's face. "I'm the Head of Security, and I'm standing right in front of you. Thank you for telling me your entire plan. Now I know to have extra guards posted on your cell at all times." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"And if you're wrong, and the Siphon is only part of the equation, you'd be walking straight towards your own demise," Sal said, not particularly caring how harsh she sounded. "Have fun with that."

Turning to Astrapi, she slightly raised an eyebrow.

"If my broken nose or my dislocated wrist weren't enough for you to notice already, I don't play well with others. My duty is to kick butt and take names, and destiny is for those who don't have the strength to forge their own path."

Without even bothering to acknowledge Fade's presence or to even notice Scriva's current condition, she simply shrugged.

"Fine with me, but you may regret not allowing me to use the little girl's room when you find me relieving myself on your leg."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC

"You can account for your blatant stupidity when I present you for examination to the entire Metru Nui council." Halmos snapped, cutting off the conversation. "any more of this nonsense will not be tolerated under any circumstance. Or did you completely forget your cells are equipped with lavatory devices?"

He turned to Fade. "I need you to find officer Kazak. He had disappeared and is not responding to his communicator. I've got word that the Vahki are on their way."

Nuju simply stared at the presence of Kotak. He looked distressed and mumbled out a series of clicks to Matoro, who simply whispered back something about saying it straightforward. Eventually, Nuju let out an incredibly fast series of clicks to which Matoro speedily memorized and repeated back to Kotak.

"I'm afraid that we already know of the goings on in the sanitarium, and there's nothing we can do at the moment. We have sent as many Vahki we can transport quietly, for it would cause unspeakable pandemonium in Metru Nui itself if word of a threat like this reached the ears of Matoran. We cannot send any Makuta forces to destroy it, because Teridax considers it too big of a sign that something is going on. The Makuta rarely come to the city at all, and swarming the asylum would drive conspiracy theorists up the wall. So, you will have to wait for Halmos to eliminate the creature, and if he fails, then Teridax will be convinced. Until then, e won't raise a finger against it."

Nuju looked sadly at him, hoping he understood, while Matoro adjusted his mask, feeling a little nervous from the situation.

"Just to clarify, sir," Fade turned to Halmos, "do you want me specifically to find Kazak, or for me to dispatch a search party?" 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Scriva - Cafeteria. 

The Ce-Toa suddenly snapped out of her trance. "I know where the monster is!" 

Edited by Locus

GM IC

"Whatever your preference may be." Halmos said, his tone of voice indicating a search party would be appreciated. He needed Fade personally to stay where he was. If he could keep the prisoners happy, he could control the chaos in this room.

He pulled out his communicator. "Officer Akada. What is going on? we need you to join us in the cafeteria for a moment. Hello?"

Officer Akada stopped as his communicator beeped. Halmos! if he found out he was in the siphon room -

"Sir, that monster is in the siphon room again! and he's got me too!"

"You three, go find officer Kazak," Fade snapped the order to a nearby trio of skakdi, "stay together and for the love of karz, keep your radios turned on. I don't want to be losing anyone else." 

GM IC

As the Skakdi immediately left, Halmos clicked off his communicator. "Lana, Scriva, you must keep things in order here." It was the first time Halmos had ever given an order he expected carried out to a prisoner. Fade, change of plans. Akada is trapped in the siphon room with the monster. We're getting him out of there."

OOC: Yeah, you have temporary control of those  three NPC skakdi, Locus.

IC: Scriva/Fade - Cafeteria. 

"Siphon room?" Scriva frowned, reaching out another mental probe, "that's not where the monster was before."

"You don't seriously expect me to let a bunch of prisoners be in charge of keeping this rabble in order?" Fade scoffed, indicating for the trio of skakdi to head off towards the Siphon room. Kazak would have to wait. 

GM IC

Not wanting to bother with Fade any longer, the doctor spun on his heel and followed the group of Skakdi out and to the siphon room. Quickly unlocking the door, they barged in with weapons raised.

"Thank goodness you came, sir!" Akada said. "The monster left a while ago, but I found out something interesting. Come look at this."

While Halmos resisted snapping at him for getting so close to the siphon as they walked to the hole in the floor, He motioned for the Skakdi to stay where they were. Akada snapped his fingers down the hole and called out at the murky waters. For a while Halmos glared at him, wondering if the monster had really brought him in here. But when he called up a cold, wet, cuter version of the creature, Halmos was amazed. Nothing like it had ever been seen before in history.

"I... You have made an extraordinary find, Akada." Halmos said, stroking the creature's head. It wiggled and made some cute garbled sounds, which completely distracted them from noticing that all three of the Skakdi had died.

Of course, Scriva noticed.

IC: Scriva/Fade - Cafeteria. 

"I'm not getting paid enough to take orders from that idiot," Fade scowled.

"The monster isn't in the Siphon room," Scriva repeated, returning to reality, "it's somewhere else."

"I didn't ask for your opinion, so how about you just shut up?" Fade'd had enough of wisecracking patients. 

"What a tosser," Sal said as Halmos left the room, turning her attention to Fade. "So how much does he pay you to be his own little pet Brakas, anyway?"

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Kotak:

"With all due respect, Turaga, Halmos isn't doing anything. During our confrontation with the creature, he ran and hid in a prisoner's cell! Leaving me, and one other guard to face it!"

He scowled.

"I formally request that a covert strike be made. We need to flush this creature out and destroy it before it get's out and wreaks havoc in Metru Nui. Mata Nui know's the sort of havoc it could wreak with it's stolen powers."

His eyes hardened.

"This creature can hold it's own against a single unarmed, Toa, but a team of fully powered Toa could feasibly defeat it once and for all."

IC: Fade/Scriva/NPC Guards. - Cafeteria/Siphon Room. 

"I don't recall asking for your opinions." 

Opening herself up to powers she hadn't accessed in a long time, Scriva attempted to send a telepathic message to Lana and Sal. We need to get out of here to deal with the monster. These idiots obviously can't do it themselves.

"Is that the monster?" one of the guards reached for his taser. "Quick, kill it!" 

Edited by Locus

IC

They had returned!

Returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned, returned! They had returned!

He furtively held Seven Nights, flicking open the switch blade to observe it's gleaming edge, trapezohedron edges glimmering in the sterile light of the sanatorium he called home. His arm raised, pointing the obelus shaped weapon at a wall and willed it to stab it. At the speed of thought, the metal elongated, jabbing into the wall with the soft susurration of sharpness. A grimace of pleasure traced his expressionless face, the lance retracted, metallic energies absorbed back inside of him.

He was thirsty, long uncountable units of time he had been without his powers. The spiderwebbed world around him throbbed with juices, he wanted to taste them.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

GM IC

Nuju clicked quickly and short. He then looked at Matoro for why he was not translating. Nervously, Matoro half-stammered out "Y-You wish."

He continued clicking for a minute, and then looked to his translator, who immediately began at it again. "It may have the powers of all the Toa, but please tell me where the Toa is that gave it the ability to teleport through walls? or have so much strength as to be nearly indestructible? Or bite a person in half, for instance."

"Obviously a simple attack by a hoard of Toa would be not only pointless, but impossible. Take a look out this window and let me know if you see a single Toa in the streets."

Halmos rotated sharply around. "It's not the monster! if it was we'd be-"

Three Skakdi lay dead on the floor, in front of the apparently stupid door guard. "Um, could you explain the three dead guards by your feet?" At this point Akada looked to the guards as well.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC: Fade/Scriva - Cafeteria. 

The rock struck him in the back of his head, sending him stumbling forward. Scriva followed it up with a telekinetic shove, sending the Head of Security sprawling. "Who did that?" he was already starting to get up once more, reaching for his taser.

Behind him, another duo of guards were rushing towards the commotion...

Fine, but only because I don't trust these wankers to ensure Kazak's safety. If you two still want to go on your suicide run afterwards, then be my guest, but I want no part of it.

Raising her injured hand, she attempted to manipulate the electricity inside Fade's taser, hoping to overload it and render it useless as she touched the floor and began sending a current across its surface, directing it towards the two approaching guards.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Fade/Scriva/NPC Guards - Cafeteria/Siphon Room. 

The taser overloaded.... just as Fade pulled the trigger. The spasmed, falling to the ground as electricity arced through his body. Since the floor wasn't metal or any other conductive material, nothing much happened, but thanks to Lana's shout, the two guards were distracted anyway. 

Well played.... Scriva decided to add to the pandemonium by creating a shadowy, flickering illusion of the monster that leapt from one table to another before vanishing. Pateints started panicking, shouts and screams filling the air and providing Lana and Scriva with an easy means of sneaking away....

"Are you sure we shouldn't kill it...." the guard who'd spoke stammered weakly, his two companions looking ready to agree with him as they too reached for their weapons. 

Edited by Locus

IC Kotak:

"If a team of rookies, can take down a Makuta, then a squad of trained Toa can certainly handle a rabid creature! And might I remind you, Turaga, that the only reason there aren't any Toa in those streets is because you rounded them all up and stuck them in a cage! If you aren't going to do your Duty as Turaga, then it falls to me to do my Duty as Toa!"

He gave Matoro a polite nod as he turned to leave, still fuming.

IC

Deep in the vorago of his madness, One-Thirty-Five took close to zero note of the illusory monster. Instead training his dysfunctional eyes on the scribbler, accompanied as she was by the rude tomboy and another he couldn't place.

Endless criss-crossing criss-crosses crowding his view of them, how unfortunate. He reached up and pulled the dark welding goggles over his eyes before running up to the trio of women, "are we escaping now?" He spoke in a dead a pan as he could manage in such a tumultuous state.

...but close to it

IC: Scriva - Cafeteria.

"Not you again...." Scriva stopped as 135 moved to block her path. "Please, let us go."

GM IC

"Never mind that now." Halmos snapped. "We have to return to the cafeteria, else more outcries from the restless Toa continue." Akada slipped the creature through the hole again, and with a sad look, it plunged into the waves.

Halmos, the Vortixx, and the guards walked back to the cafeteria after locking up the siphon room. As soon as they walked inside Halmos ordered Akada to draw a weapon. pulling out one of the four pistols he had strapped to his armour, he loaded it with a blank cartridge and fired in the general area above Sal's head. Just for fun.

The crack hit the air like a bomb, and for a short moment, all stood silent. Noticing Lana closest to him, Halmos asked her the question. "Having... Fun, since we've been gone?"

Cursing as her second attack did nothing, but realising that the guards were now distracted by the image of the monster that Scriva had projected, Sal was about to follow them out into the hallway when the sudden, near deafening noise caught her attention. Figuring that her last trick had worked so well on Fade, she activated her mask, picking up a table and jumping out in front of them while using it as a makeshift shield in the event that the Vortixx actually decided to switch over to live amunition. The Vo-Toa then concentrated really hard, trying to repeat her success by overloading their own tasers on them as well.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: