The Asylum - IC Topic

IcarusBen

IC: Lana

"You want me to deliver a note? Okay..." I didn't question it, I simply left with the note. I wasn't entirely sure what it was all about, but it didn't really matter. I went toward the front entrance, which wasn't very far from where I was. When I got their I handed over the note and just like that I was on my way back to the doctor. 

I arrived back in the office and sat back down where I had been before, looking at the doctor expectantly. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Navuru (Receiving and Visitors)

Clambering off the transport, I see the Vo-Toa (Sal) who got off before me. I survey my surroundings. The guards must think I'm some sort of monster.

From what I have heard, most Toa in this asylum went crazy due to the toxin, or trauma, or just aren't crazy at all.

Not I. I went crazy of my violation. Although crazy is a crude word, I prefer enlightened. This place may be impenetrable, but I can wait. I've always waited. You can't rush decay.

Though clearly the patients inside cannot wait to kill each other, as there's some sort of commotion inside...

Perhaps this won't be boring after all.

GM IC

"Good! now, since that wasn't so hard, you'll get a small addition to your room." Halmos said, standing up and reaching into a higher drawer on the wall. He pulled out a large box and set it on his desk. He seated once more and opened it, revealing a set of colored paper inside.

"Please, choose the color you like best." He said, waiting expectantly.

GM IC Nyhe:

"Well, Scriva, I wanted to talk to you about our deal. I'm hoping to get you out of here within a week or two, depending on the Turaga's ruling. I was hoping, once you're out, if you would come work here. Like, with an actual job."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: Scriva - Patient Counselling.

She opened her mouth to speak, closed it again. She cleared her throat, then finally spoke up, her voice husky. "What kind of job?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Pick a color huh, what could it hurt? 

"I like this bright orange." I mean if I was gonna be stuck in this karz-hole for who knows how long I might as well have colors I liked to look at. 

I tried not to think of how long I might be stuck here.

She opened her mouth to speak, closed it again. She cleared her throat, then finally spoke up, her voice husky. "What kind of job?" 

GM IC Nyhe:

"Essentially, you'd be doing the same thing you're doing now, but instead of being cooped up in a cell, you'll be assigned to a support group I'm starting for our more... aggressive patients. You'd be paid, of course, and we'll provide quality accommodations for you. What do you say?"

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

She was about to agree, but her mention of aggressive patients gave her pause. "Karboa?" she croaked out the name. She had a feeling he wouldn't take too well to seeing her again. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Scriva - Patient counselling. 

"Guards?" Scriva suggested. 

IC: Iyanu

The girl wasn't looking at him. It didn't matter, it would happen eventually. A sudden gust of wind took Iyanu off his chair and threw him on the ground. He got up and went to help the girl but she was already gone.

He hadn't even gotten her name.

Still though. He got up and sat back on the chair.

GM IC

"Bright orange? very well!" Halmos aid, snapping the box shut in a fashionable manner. He got up and walked to the Communicator. "Supply room, this is Dr. Halmos. Please bring up the bright orange wallpapering and rug immediately, thank you." He hung it back up.

"The construction team will be up shortly to add those things in, so I must ask you to have your bed in the hall for a minute. It will make their job easier." He smiled.

She considered the question for a few long moments, then shook her head, smiling brightly at Nhye. "Thank you." 

IC: Caetus - Recreation Area.

Being dead sucked. 

• Upvote 1

I nodded. "Thank you doctor." I wasted no time leaving the office, I had a lot to think about. For one, I was more than a bit devastated that my stay here was indefinite. For all I knew that meant I'd never leave this place. 

That's it...isn't it? I'm never leaving. I trembled at the thought of this, I could spend the rest of my life here. 

No, that won't happen, I refuse to accept that. There was no way I'd stay here forever, the doctor said he didn't know when I'd be able to leave, well I'd just have to keep asking him till he had an answer. That was it, I'd ask him once every day I was here. He'd get tired of my questions eventually, then he'd have to do something. 

For now though, I headed back to the rec room. 

GM IC Nyhe:

"Okay. Well, I'll see you tomorrow. We do need to make sure you're not being affected by any mental illness, otherwise you're not getting out of here. Still, I'm sure you're 100% O-K. Now, if you don't mind, I need to see what Toa Kotak's going on about."

"Toa Kotak, you needed to see me?"

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC Kotak:

He walked in. Well, Walked was a light word. Maybe stomped, or even stalked in. Regardless, it was evident that he was unhappy.

"Yes. I'd first like to know where you get off attacking Toa who are doing their jobs. Second, I need to ask to leave, and get back to my Island, so I can continue serving my people. An lastly," He leaned in just he had before. "I need to know what the creature is. And how to stop it."

IC: Scriva - Recreation Area.

Thanking Nyhe once more, she left Patient Counselling and started walking back towards the recreation area. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Caetus - Cell.

He paced back and forth in what had once been his cell. He could still smell his own flesh burning, hear the crackle of the lightning, feel the psionic energy tearing his brain apart. The pain had never left him, even in death.

Caetus was dead.... but not gone.

As I was walking I spotted the girl that had been attacked in the rec room earlier by the larger Toa. All I knew was I never wanted to give her a reason to stab me with a pencil. 

I thought about going up and talking to her. I knew I couldn't avoid everyone forever, especially if my stay there was indefinite. I needed a friend...or at least an ally. 

I just needed to...actually approach her first. I was finding it more difficult to do that I'd thought it would be. This is why I've never had a lot of friends.

Edited by Grochi Cat
  • Upvote 1

IC Kotak:

He walked in. Well, Walked was a light word. Maybe stomped, or even stalked in. Regardless, it was evident that he was unhappy.

"Yes. I'd first like to know where you get off attacking Toa who are doing their jobs. Second, I need to ask to leave, and get back to my Island, so I can continue serving my people. An lastly," He leaned in just he had before. "I need to know what the creature is. And how to stop it."

GM IC Nyhe:

"Toa Kotak. Look, I'd love to help you. Most of the patients who come by are completely healthy, inside and out. Give it a couple of weeks and I'll see if I can pull some strings with the Turaga to get you released early. If it's of any comfort, when we learned you had been protecting an island, we commissioned a few Toa we had already helped and sent them to your island while you're gone."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC Kotak:

"Hopefully? Hopefully isn't good enough! You have helpless Toa here, Doctor! Toa who under normal circumstances could defend themselves, but now are at the whims of a monstrosity that has all of our elemental powers!"

He frowned, his brow furrowed. He'd been a liar and a killer once. He knew the type. This Doctor was not to be trusted.

"If you aren't going to do something about it, then I will."

He turned, stalking out of yet another conversation.

OOC:Kotak open for interaction.

IC: Scriva.

Startled, Scriva turned towards the newcomer. "Hi there," she rasped. Hopefully this conversation would go better than the last one....

IC: Navuru (Solitary Confinement)

My cell. Decaying walls, two previous owners, needs a little work. The guard shuts the door and leaves hastily.

I wonder what exactly goes on in here. If they are being completely honest and are genuinely trying to rehabilitate the Toa then they clearly are terrible at it. Or they're deliberately keeping all Toa here for all eternity, for some ridiculously over-complicated master plan.

I may not understand their motives, but they may never understand mine. The Matoran race needs me. Someone to forge strength out of weakness, cowardice and doubt. That is my destiny. That is what I mean to this world. Or giant robot, whatever.

And I'll be back. There is no other logical outcome. The asylum is already showing signs of weakness. Give it a few pokes and prods, a thousand years or so and this place will crumble.

My time will be here soon. Very soon.

I can wait.

"I'm Scriva," she croaked, smiling. 

"It helps me...." she searched for the right word before settling on, "....cope." 

She skimmed back through her notebook. It was easier to record things on paper than keep them all cooped up in her head. When she was satisfied that the idea in her head was the same as what was written in the book, she answered the question. "Only two days." 

So much had happened in that short amount of time.... it was hard to believe that it had only been two days. 

So she hadn't been her all that long either, I felt like that was a good thing. If we were in the same boat then we had that much more in common. 

"I saw what happened in the rec room earlier. I hope that kind of thing isn't the norm around here." 

"Worse." Scriva said grimly. "Someone died last night." 

Murder wasn't the right word.... She's seen the body. It had been destroyed almost beyond recognition, torn apart on the inside and outside by rampant elemental energies. She held up her notebook and pointed at the sketch she'd made of the.... thing

It had been misshapen, formless, crackling with lightning. "Halmos said it came out of the Siphon somehow."