You'll Be Here For How Long?

Toa Smoke Monster

As long as there is a BZPRPG, if that ends I may visit the CoT RPG's. After that I'll begin to frequent the BBC and Stories. Then maybe Artwork(I shudder to think I may draw. My artwork is hideous.) Then I'll move to programming of some sort, I actually started programming games so who knows that may be sooner than I think. In short I'll be here for a while and I mean a while.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I don't forsee myself leaving BZPower anytime soon. Later, when I do go to college and get a job my activity may go down a little bit, but I'll probably never leave this forum unless it goes off-line.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I don't know anymore.I consider my interest in BIONICLE to have remained the same for a long time (incidentally, I'm actually trying to MOC more now than ever), but my interest in discussing it here on BZP has rather decreased. It's sad and a little paradoxical that I lack any wish to discuss what is probably my favorite single LEGO line of all, but probably true.Funnily enough, I can't even muster any enthusiasm for the COT games I used to frequent. For a while, they were all that kept me here, and that's no longer the case at all.I come back for my friends and the interesting people here, though, and I do a lot of lurking. So I'm bound to be around for a while... but perhaps as a nonentity.

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

I'll stay until either: 1. I lose my interest in Hero Factory, 2. The site goes and stays down, or 3. Something happens in my life that eats up my free time.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Last time I checked, BZPower is based out of Virginia, not California. :-)

I imagine only about another year or two. I was starting to lose interest in BZP after Bionicle died, and the downtime certainly didn't help any.Besides, now that Bionicle is done, this is really just a Lego forum, and there are some much better Lego forums out there.10001010 BC 10001001

Personally, I like BZPower post-downtime a bit because, given its origins, it approaches LEGO from a very different perspective. I'm a member of some other online LEGO communities, and most of them don't take "story themes" nearly as seriously-- much less "constraction themes".As an example, here on BZP in the LEGO Discussion forum, there is a topic about Knights' Kingdom with a lot of people posting how fondly they remember the theme, or how they wish they had gotten more sets. In many general LEGO communities, Knights' Kingdom is hated by a lot of people for the so-called "jellybean knights" who formed the main cast, the plentiful fantasy elements, and the action figure sets. Hero Factory and BIONICLE have earned some respect with the general LEGO community since they started, but there are still a lot of AFOLs who in general don't consider action figure themes "real LEGO".BZPower's history as a BIONICLE site therefore gives it a sort of uniqueness. Themes that break from LEGO traditions are often celebrated rather than condemned. The perspective of the most recent generations of LEGO fans is appreciated, even if back in the days of BIONICLE people often blamed seven-year-olds in focus groups for all the decisions in that theme which they disliked. And of course in general LEGO discussions fans of BIONICLE are often used to not being taken seriously, so they won't necessarily assume that their preferred LEGO themes are the only ones that people can enjoy.
Bionicle fans seem to appreciate Lego's innovation more, but that is largely because we are younger. We are the future of consumers today, the future AFOLs, and I think those people are an important demographic to appeal to, now and in the future. I mean, we are the people who grew up in this technological climate, we are the ones who will take innovation technology to the next level, and I believe that you have to use innovation technology to appeal to us. Or at least this tech appeals to us more. Anyway, I will be here until the last secret is revealed, the last plot point resolved, the last word said. I will be here until there is nothing left to discuss about Bionicle, nothing left to say about it. When it is really, truely, finally, beyond a shadow of a doubt dead and gone, then I will leave.Unless BZP dies first.

Honestly, I'm not sure. This time last year I thought I'd be here for years and years, but in the last month alone my library activity (specifically Comedies for the most part) that I've been a part of has virtually grinded to a halt due to school work.I'll definitely be here for at least another year; I have plans for new comedies and short stories, plus I'm running a game in Games & Trivia. But my interest in Bionicle as a whole has waned, evident by the fact that one of my biggest upcoming projects is Transformers and not Bionicle.So definitely one more year. After that, I'm not certain.-ibrow

Wait? It is? Awesome. Next time the server's busy or down I think I'll go find it and bang on it until it works again! :lol:Anyway, I may or may not stay. Due to a personal project I have been deeply interested in Bionicle since the beginning of October and am learning all the details that I had missed the first time through (for example, did you know the Morbuzakh's King Root has a distinctive stripe running its length?). I am in the middle of finishing one epic (The Herald) and starting a new trilogy that approaches Bionicle from a different angle. Plus Bionicle: Next Generation (yeah, we're still alive, though slowed down). I expected to leave a while ago, but now I see myself as sticking around for a little while longer. Even after 10-11 years, Bionicle still has me hooked - even when it's been discontinued and we've had all of three story chapters.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Florida, actually.Also, I plan to stay here until the site's over. I just can't bring myself to leave BZP,It's the main reason I'm on the internet a lot.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

My interest is really not returning to me as I hoped it might, I'm only sorta lurking around, but the fact is most of my good friends on here are long gone, and I'm not really working on anything that would increase interest in being here. Not really much reason in me sticking around...and yet I'm still here?So, answering the question, probably not that long. Year tops? Though wouldn't be surprised if I stayed longer.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

wwell i cant evver see myself leavvin permanently but my activvity kind a wwaxes an wwavesfor example i once pretty much didnt post for a monthand nowwadays i post a lot herebut yeah basically i think im on here until BZP or my interest in lego goes awway

Edited by caligulasAquarium

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

Oh I'll be here for a LONG time to come! Count on it!

That's the spirit! I'll stick around for a while too.

As long as there is a BZPRPG, if that ends I may visit the CoT RPG's. After that I'll begin to frequent the BBC and Stories. Then maybe Artwork(I shudder to think I may draw. My artwork is hideous.) Then I'll move to programming of some sort, I actually started programming games so who knows that may be sooner than I think. In short I'll be here for a while and I mean

Good, I need you in Bionifight. Edited by kanohi_master

I don't know how long I'll last. Right now I plan on leaving maybe after 10K posts, but I may leave sooner, depending on circumstances. Education and personal matters prevent me from getting on as often as I would like, and my interest is waning in BIONICLE, so... honestly, who knows?

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*