RPG Forum Contest 22

Black Six

Oh heavens no!I'm voting on the ones I want to play.Heck, if The Captain makes an RPG that doesn't interest me, I'm not voting on it. :PUnlikely, but possible.As I've said, I love the selection so far this contest, and will be playing at least two RPG's, maybe three.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Which is why he has Lloyd working with him. Lloyd is a fair sight more active than The Cap.

Not lately he isn't. He's suffering computer troubles apparently, and hasn't been able to get online for a few weeks.Now if you'll excuse me I must continue my doom-mongering elsewhere XD
Besides that. =P Lloyd is usually a fair sight more active than The Cap.But yeah, I'll only vote it if it holds my interest. Also if it doesn't conflict with BaR, DR, and TIoP.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

CJ? Is that Crimson Jester?I RPed for much of 2007 and 2008, but I was essentially gone from this forum for 2009 and most of '10; so there are a lot of people I lost track of. XP-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Lloyd is better at hosting and ( I would assume) co-hosting, though. =PSpeaking of old RPers, anyone seen CJ, Tira, Xeriak, or any of the others lately? It'd be interesting to have another AMD sequel-kinda-ish-thing.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

I don't know if I should be asking this here, but would anyone be interested in co-hosting Techna with me? I only have one other co-host at the moment (Dovydas), and each co-host is supposed to control one Toa Techna, so I'd like to recruit at least a few more.

Are you trying to derail your popularity by saying my name out loud like that? I'm hardly the most well-liked person on this site, you know.-Dovydas

I did say another. =P Good point, though. But any RPG from them/some of them/one of them could be fun. Like an others, of course...Also, you're fine, Dovy. Not nearby as disliked by some as I am.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

Lolz.Dovy is a fellow Stormcloak, so I'm with him. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

AHAHAHAHAHATAKE THAT IMPERIAL SCUMTHIS IS FOR HOUSE INDORIL, SUCKAS... okay I'm done.@Darkon: It's not particularly necessary, judging by your entry, but if you want to, it certainly won't be a detriment. I only made a map (that is, edited a map of Metru Nui) for GoMN back in the day when I had nothing better to do, lol.-Dovydas

Winter break is here, and school is over. I am free to do whatever I want! :biggrin:......*plonks self down in front of computer, refreshes RPG page every 5 minutes in hopes that Captain will post his submission* X)Waiting in a state of breathless anticipation,Shyyrn

Edited by Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

For me, SkyrimThen, it's going to be (a site that plays music videos and is censored by the word filter like everything else) in one tab, BZP in the other, twelve books all set up around my desk on top of another twenty books, four or five Word documents open, and me saying, "What the Karzahni have you done with your life?.... did I really just say Karzahni in real life?"Sad.Then I cry myself to sleep after a few hours of that, wake up an hour later and try to relive my terrible Elementary school years by watching Transformers episdoes from those years and complaining about how bad Energon was, despite me eagerly awaiting to watch each episode, which concludes in me trying to make another map and going back to the music.Then I play Skyrim, after it crashes because of Steam or the internet messing up, I complain about how video games used to be free of the internet, think about Morrowind, and spend fifteen minutes looking for my long lost disk and wondering if my parents would let me spend 20$ to buy another hard copy of the GotY edition.Add in checking on the 4-H pig, the chickens, and checking out every kingdom of animal except for Amphibian, and that pretty much concludes my sad, sad life.Oh. And Skyrim.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Ugh, I was thinking of getting Skyrim for PC, but it has been sucked into Steam? Man I really don't like Steam.But anyway... RPGs...I end up spending a lot of time reading RPGs and not so much time actually writing in them. I have gotten lazy over the past week. :PBut then again I have so much crazy stuff going on for the holidays that I don't even have time to write the reviews I actually want to write. :P

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Ugh, I was thinking of getting Skyrim for PC, but it has been sucked into Steam? Man I really don't like Steam.

It's best for PC, but I hate having to use internet to play the PC more than I hate the neighbors cats on the front lawn. You don't want to know what this neighborhood does when feral cats come into their yards.I am sorry that I have not reviewed Day Run; it's just me being lazy. I'll try to get that done. Some day.I shouldn't promise dates.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Also, what's wrong with Steam? It's awesome. And if you really hate it, there's offline mode.

My first experience with Steam was not very good. And I hate having to have an internet connection to play a game that I own on a disk. That's just really dumb to me. What is this offline mode you speak of? If you mean like hiding from friends, I don't care about that.And that's just great, another RPG I still need to read/review. You're pushing my workload! Naw it's great to see you finally got it up.

Oh, hey, that dancing game.

At first I was like "what?". But then I was like, "lol".

My first experience with Steam was not very good. And I hate having to have an internet connection to play a game that I own on a disk. That's just really dumb to me. What is this offline mode you speak of? If you mean like hiding from friends, I don't care about that.

Agreed. If you purchased it from Steam, I would understand, but I got a hard copy and I want to be able to put that sucker on as many computers to play as I want. I couldn't care less about achievements. My biggest achievement was killing a Netch with a fork, and I don't need to see it as a trophy. People who achievement hunt make me sad. Not that it's a bad thing, I don't want to offend anyone, but seriously, it's a game. Like those people who're playing their Pokemon game and find some rare one and start stressing out and getting all happy.I'll just review BaR and Day Run like this... Check the Archive and look at the last review, I doubt anything has changed significantly since then. :P

And all in MS paint.

Since you're just recoloring the MU map, it works well enough. But try making your own custom island? Dear lord. Might as well use a crayon; it'll look twelve times better (you know who you are). It looks pretty good though, so no offense directed over.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

My first experience with Steam was not very good. And I hate having to have an internet connection to play a game that I own on a disk. That's just really dumb to me. What is this offline mode you speak of? If you mean like hiding from friends, I don't care about that.

Agreed. If you purchased it from Steam, I would understand, but I got a hard copy and I want to be able to put that sucker on as many computers to play as I want. I couldn't care less about achievements. My biggest achievement was killing a Netch with a fork, and I don't need to see it as a trophy. People who achievement hunt make me sad. Not that it's a bad thing, I don't want to offend anyone, but seriously, it's a game. Like those people who're playing their Pokemon game and find some rare one and start stressing out and getting all happy.I'll just review BaR and Day Run like this... Check the Archive and look at the last review, I doubt anything has changed significantly since then. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Actually, I did a bit in the areas of which you spoke. =PAnyways, basically, when the log-in window pops up to type, there's an option that says "Offline Mode." If you really don't like the internet part of it (to which I say "waaaaaaaat"), then you can just look at your library. Also, be sad at me, then. I'm an achievement hunter. XD

Agreed. If you purchased it from Steam, I would understand, but I got a hard copy and I want to be able to put that sucker on as many computers to play as I want. I couldn't care less about achievements. My biggest achievement was killing a Netch with a fork, and I don't need to see it as a trophy. People who achievement hunt make me sad. Not that it's a bad thing, I don't want to offend anyone, but seriously, it's a game. Like those people who're playing their Pokemon game and find some rare one and start stressing out and getting all happy.I'll just review BaR and Day Run like this... Check the Archive and look at the last review, I doubt anything has changed significantly since then. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Actually, I did a bit in the areas of which you spoke. =PAnyways, basically, when the log-in window pops up to type, there's an option that says "Offline Mode." If you really don't like the internet part of it (to which I say "waaaaaaaat"), then you can just look at your library. Also, be sad at me, then. I'm an achievement hunter. XD
Yeah, despite Steam, once I get the money, I think I'll be getting Skyrim. You know, cuz I heard it was an ok game that might be a little fun. :PWell, I don't seem to have too much going on this morning. Expect another of my reviews up soon. (No promises XD)

@Steam discussion: there is such a thing invented as replacing your .exe file with a steamless crack downloaded from the internet, as far as I'm concerned. Not that I see the point, because I honestly don't see what, besides a bad internet connection at times, could possibly screw you up with Steam.@everything else: I'd probably review something, but all the RPGs this season seem at the very least solid, so until I find something terribly shaky, like that entry (you guys know what I'm talking about) I don't see much of a point.-Dovydas

Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

Entered.Although written collaboratively by Lloyd and myself, Exalt (CJ) will also be GMing. I wanted to get this posted before the due date, and although it is 95% complete, the entry itself may need a bit more clarification so expect an edit or two in the coming few days.We'd love to hear any kind of feedback or constructive criticism. :)We're very excited to unleash this on you guys. :sly: Edited by The Captain

Wow, not too bad in size. Will likely read tomorrow.Also, CJ is a co-GM? Oh dear...

He's our designated In-Game Punisher :sly:And yes, we tried to keep the text-dump manageable. The game will expand exponentially, but we understand for the contest's purposes accessibility is a key factor for voters.

A question on the overall contest:Barring a flood of submissions during the final days, the number of contestants this season seems pretty low. How many rounds are we looking at? Are there still enough to warrant multiple rounds, or is there a chance of all of it happening in a single go?-Shyyrn

I want so many of them to win. :|Captains looks fun, and is the most original idea of the contest, but (GASP!) it's not the one I most want to play.So :And :|And "Don't shoot me"It'll probably still be two rounds, just because it makes it more exciting.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Don't bother with the polls, The Captain has entered.XpI guess I can do another RP here... even with one of my own that I'm starting on another Forum. I love making character profiles. <3

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

A question on the overall contest:Barring a flood of submissions during the final days, the number of contestants this season seems pretty low. How many rounds are we looking at? Are there still enough to warrant multiple rounds, or is there a chance of all of it happening in a single go?-Shyyrn

Only ten entries can fit into a poll, so as of now we're looking at a minimum of two rounds of voting.