BZP'S GAME OF THRONES

Voltex

Oh my son will want his father's throne.

I just hope he doesn't go nuts like I did. :P

I already cannot wait to see how your son's ghost will "haunt" us :P.

Also, I think there should be some way to prevent a mass, sudden death like the one the Stone region got. Maybe have some kind of little warning that something is a bit "suspicious or strange" or something.

Edited by Shadow FF
  • Upvote 3

pWPTu7m.jpg

Alright, that was awesome. I'd like to thank everyone for playing and making this whole game a ton of fun. :) I fully expected myself to die way back in episode 3, but Rollor took me all the way to the end.

Anyway, here's a list of suggestions/criticism I made a while back. Pretty much everything I didn't list was done really well.

-Combat was unbalanced. Instead of a simple RNG roll it should be more play-by-play. Voxumo vs Jed, for example:

Lucina : You successfully approach Voxumo. What will you do?

Jed: Wrap my arms around him, attempting to pull him to the ground.

Lucina: You find invisible arms wrapped around you, trying to throw you to the ground.

Voxumo: Call for help.

Lucina: He yells in an attempt to attract Skull Spiders.

Jed: Cover his mouth.

You get the idea. Everything else involves a large amout of choice, and combat may be the most important part of the game, and it has little to no choice.

-Tag scenes with IC notes. The whole game, I was unsure if my character was supposed to know of everything that happened in scenes or not. So, tagging scenes with names of people who would be aware would be helpful.

-Describe areas more beforehand. I get that mystery is a large part of any Bionicle story, but it did feel unfair to Voxumo when the Temple of Time kept magically fighting back at him, almost like it was made up on the spot.

-Introduce stats to a sequel. Strength, speed, luck, and skill. Each region is specialized in its own way, and players could be given a few points to upgrade their stats at the beginning. Over time, different things could increase, like killing someone once would increase skill and make it easier to kill again. This could factor into RNG.

-Diversify trade.

It seems like a lot, but really most of the game was handled really well. :)

Firstly I agree with this fully. While rolls are rather unbiased and as such 'Favoritism' can not be yelled, they do lack for any kind of response. And ultimately what fun is it when your character can die to something you have no control over. I do believe there should be instances where an action should not be able to have a reaction. For example poisoning somebody. Unless there is a reason for the receiver of the poison to expect the poison or to be paranoid, they wouldn't know about the poison and a dice roll should be made at that point to determine effects.

In regards to armies, I don't think we should be allowed to use armies in the sequel except in 'behind the scenes' things. Like we can have armies fighting, but that is purely behind the scenes, where as the actual determination of events will be done by players fighting each other. Like what Lucina had planned originally. They never planned for the use of armies, instead intending on more subtle acts. I think the game would have been more balanced if this was kept true. Afterall I wouldn't be able to complain about Jed managing to sneak through an entire three armies worth of people, and no one managing to see him as he killed me, in broad daylight with fires going on all around us, thus preventing the use of shadows! Yes I'm still salty about the circumstances of that death. It was highly improbable.

Speaking of Actions, I think the actions one is allowed to take in a round's timeframe should be limited to 2 per region, with one allowed for individuals should they wish to accomplish something secretive or without the rest of their region knowing. It seemed like alot of people were able to get so many actions done in a round while others were left waiting on other people just to accomplish their actions. I'm just one person, I didn't have three other people I could assign tasks to to make the most out of time.

Overall, while there were many instances where I was banging my head against the wall, such as my skull seemingly lacking any common sense whatsoever because I did not specify common sense in my actions, such as the skull warrior revealing plans infront of Burnmad's person... really you would think common sense would be there but nope, I did ultimately enjoy the game.

• Upvote 4

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

One idea I have for Season 2 is to involve DND-type rolls, but only if the player remembers and has reason to IC.

So if someone meets with an ally for a daily drink (and that drink is poisoned) it'll be their fault if they don't make (and succeed) a perception check.

I'm still deciding on exactly what the stats will be and how points will be setup so it's still a work in progress.

• Upvote 1

One idea I have for Season 2 is to involve DND-type rolls, but only if the player remembers and has reason to IC.

So if someone meets with an ally for a daily drink (and that drink is poisoned) it'll be their fault if they don't make (and succeed) a perception check.

I'm still deciding on exactly what the stats will be and how points will be setup so it's still a work in progress.

I think that would be a good idea. As I mentioned before, this seems almost like a DnD type set up.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'm quite excited for the improved second season, especially given how immensely I enjoyed this one.

I can't recommend much to improve upon that has not already been mentioned, except that I'd like to see some incorporation of the general public. For example, public approval for rulers, or perhaps parts or summaries of scenes written from the perspective of the rumor mill, representing knowledge that would be common to all players.

As for stats, I, personally, really like Fallout's S.P.E.C.I.A.L system-- Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck.

All in all, this was a great and well-run game, Lucina, and I'd like to thank you for hosting it for us.

Additionally, I must offer my sympathy to Voxumo, for his getting such a raw deal on all those rolls, and my sincerest apologies to Smoke Monster, for royally botching the offer of surrender with that 24 time limit.

GG to everyone, both friend and foe.

All glory to the Undying Flame, and to Rollor!

- :burnmad:

• Upvote 3

Oh my son will want his father's throne.

I just hope he doesn't go nuts like I did. :P

I already cannot wait to see how your son's ghost will "haunt" us :P.

My son will hopefully learn from my mistakes and put the people before himself. That's what I should of done.

(What I really should have done was leave those three prisoners of mine locked up with nothing but death berries to end there misery.)

Well I hope you'll all come back and bring many new players, because at the moment it looks like Season 2 will require 28 players :P

(Although I could probably cut it down if I need to)

Well if you had to you could always cut the Earth region again.

It's already abandon.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

No, the Earth Region is rather too important... if any region has to be cut more than it already has been, well....

Okay Okay.

Forget the idea. :)

Hey you never did mention if you cared for my idea for the mask of creation?

Edited by ToaTimeLord

All glory to the Undying Flame, and to Rollor!

Can I just say, I absolutely love the way everyone's jumped on board the Rollor bandwagon. If I accomplish nothing else in this life, I can die content knowing that my lame punny joke spawned an entire religion. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I guess it's the official religion of all Okoto then. :P 

Should've said this earlier, but I too enjoyed this game immensely, and I consider this one of the best if not the best game G&T has had. I'll echo what Burnmad said about public approval for rulers and scenes written from public rumour, and what FF said about some way to avoid a sudden mass death like the Stone Region got. They barely got a chance to avoid it.

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I guess it's the official religion of all Okoto then. :P

Should've said this earlier, but I too enjoyed this game immensely, and I consider this one of the best if not the best game G&T has had. I'll echo what Burnmad said about public approval for rulers and scenes written from public rumour, and what FF said about some way to avoid a sudden mass death like the Stone Region got. They barely got a chance to avoid it.

Thank goodness they all weren't there at the time... just three of them.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I have to echo Pulse in saying that this was one of the best G&T experiences I've ever had. I have to agree with what everyone has said so far for improvements, but that doesn't mean that was probably one of the most engaging stories I've been a part of.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Good game, everyone. B-)

I really enjoyed it as well. Its definitely one of the funniest games I've played in the G&T Forum. It wasn't a perfect game though, but others have already posted about what I think could be improved. 

I'll be back for season two. And since I'll have more free time when it starts, I'll have more time to plan something crazy to do. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Oh, two more things I wanted to mention:

1. The next game, what with all the new content and mechanics, will almost certainly want for longer rounds. I would say start by trying out 5 days.

2. While I can't speak for others, I think you did a very good job of characterizing, translating game actions into events in the episodes, and picking up on intent and meaning in anything I did. I never, personally, felt that my thoughts in an episode were particularly misrepresented, at least not beyond the extent allowed in taking creative liberties. So, good job, because that seems like it'd be difficult to accomplish!

• Upvote 1

2. While I can't speak for others, I think you did a very good job of characterizing, translating game actions into events in the episodes, and picking up on intent and meaning in anything I did. I never, personally, felt that my thoughts in an episode were particularly misrepresented, at least not beyond the extent allowed in taking creative liberties. So, good job, because that seems like it'd be difficult to accomplish!

Yeah, I'd have to agree that Lucina did a good job giving our characters, well, character. With all the plotting I did early on I was happy to see my guy get a few evil grins here and there.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I'd have to agree that Lucina did a good job giving our characters, well, character. With all the plotting I did early on I was happy to see my guy get a few evil grins here and there.

I think I messed up with one or two players - Smoke Monster basically turned a complete 180 after the trial, where I had expected that he would actually decide to join Pulse; I had the same issue with TimeLord before he died, as he made a few rather extreme direction changes as well.

I think my only real regret in regards to this game is that I never got a chance in-game to say why I'd chosen to turn against Voxumo (he decided to shoot at me before I got the chance to explain). 

As a player, I knew that one of my fellow Ice players was a loyalist, and that the true heir was somewhere in the Water Region, so I thought putting the old heir back on the throne might be a cool plotline to try to follow through with.

But that was just an idea; I didn't want to go ahead with it until I had some kind of in-character justification, however petty it might be, for doing something like that, since I hadn't been pre-designated the role of loyalist. Fortunately, the first round gave me enough material to throw something together.

For those of you who don't feel like going back to check exactly what happened, the Stone Region asked to enter the Ice Region to arrange an alliance, at the same time as Voxumo requested that Ice Region representatives go visit him in the Ancient City to do exactly the same thing. From the perspective of my character, this showed that Voxumo couldn't even communicate or organise with his closest allies, and thus wasn't fit to lord it up over the rest of Okoto.

There was also the matter of Voxumo's message referred to us as the Ice Tribe, rather than Nation or Region, which at the time I felt was pretty disrespectful. But, having just run a search of this topic, I've discovered that a whole lot of people have done that throughout the game, so I guess that isn't as strong an argument as I thought it was at the start. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Uprising of Ice and Fire (And Water).

Oh yeah, I almost forgot I was going to make a wiki for this.

Ehh.... does anyone really find it necessary?

a wiki might be neat, but I won't push for one :P

I guess I'll do it when I get the time, then. My main concerns are coding an infobox for characters and getting people to write their pages. :P

(And getting pictures of the characters, too, I suppose)

It's Game of Thrones. 

When all is said and done, the wiki is basically going to consist of "and everyone died, the end."

• Upvote 1

I think I messed up with one or two players - Smoke Monster basically turned a complete 180 after the trial, where I had expected that he would actually decide to join Pulse; I had the same issue with TimeLord before he died, as he made a few rather extreme direction changes as well.
Yeah the Old Master really put a monkey wrench in my plans. As I stated after my death I had a secret plan for world domination. :devil:

(Put evil laugh here)

But a certain rock killed my plans along with me.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

I think my only real regret in regards to this game is that I never got a chance in-game to say why I'd chosen to turn against Voxumo (he decided to shoot at me before I got the chance to explain). 

As a player, I knew that one of my fellow Ice players was a loyalist, and that the true heir was somewhere in the Water Region, so I thought putting the old heir back on the throne might be a cool plotline to try to follow through with.

But that was just an idea; I didn't want to go ahead with it until I had some kind of in-character justification, however petty it might be, for doing something like that, since I hadn't been pre-designated the role of loyalist. Fortunately, the first round gave me enough material to throw something together.

For those of you who don't feel like going back to check exactly what happened, the Stone Region asked to enter the Ice Region to arrange an alliance, at the same time as Voxumo requested that Ice Region representatives go visit him in the Ancient City to do exactly the same thing. From the perspective of my character, this showed that Voxumo couldn't even communicate or organise with his closest allies, and thus wasn't fit to lord it up over the rest of Okoto.

There was also the matter of Voxumo's message referred to us as the Ice Tribe, rather than Nation or Region, which at the time I felt was pretty disrespectful. But, having just run a search of this topic, I've discovered that a whole lot of people have done that throughout the game, so I guess that isn't as strong an argument as I thought it was at the start. 

Regarding communication... I am one person, yet again. If memory serves me right, I issued the order to have ice representatives meet with me in the ancient city during the first council, by the way worse council ever, so technically I did request to meet with the ice region before the stone region, and the council member of the stone region, whom I forget who that was, should have relayed something like 'Hey yeah, Voxumo is also wanting to meet with them, maybe we should make it a double date?" 

Also to be truthfully honest, the reason for my initial trying to meet with FF, was because I wanted to form an alliance with them to steal the Mask of Fire from burnmad, thus relatively declawing the fire region. That was originally my goal at the start of the game, but other things threw a monkey wrench into that.

Also this just occured to me... but what the heck would be the plot of the sequel? This one had a very clear plot of 'The heir might pose an issue' presented at the beginning. With the heir on the throne and really no one else having any reason to want the throne except for selfishness... Well I just don't see much of a plot for the sequel since there won't really be anything for people to work together towards.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Regarding communication... I am one person, yet again. If memory serves me right, I issued the order to have ice representatives meet with me in the ancient city during the first council, by the way worse council ever, so technically I did request to meet with the ice region before the stone region, and the council member of the stone region, whom I forget who that was, should have relayed something like 'Hey yeah, Voxumo is also wanting to meet with them, maybe we should make it a double date?" 

Also to be truthfully honest, the reason for my initial trying to meet with FF, was because I wanted to form an alliance with them to steal the Mask of Fire from burnmad, thus relatively declawing the fire region. That was originally my goal at the start of the game, but other things threw a monkey wrench into that.

Also this just occured to me... but what the heck would be the plot of the sequel? This one had a very clear plot of 'The heir might pose an issue' presented at the beginning. With the heir on the throne and really no one else having any reason to want the throne except for selfishness... Well I just don't see much of a plot for the sequel since there won't really be anything for people to work together towards.

I think it would probably be all that army of darkness stuff we got hints about.

Or, who knows. It could just end up like this one, where everyone has their own plots.

E: Wiki is up! At the risk of being narcissistic, I made my own page for others to use as a template. Feel free to add a page for your character, but I'd leave locations and items for Lucina in case there are any deviations from canon.

Edited by Terrorsaur

Well, there was something about a zombie army that's supposedly only held at bay by a spell that relies on Okoto's Unity to remain intact. And whoops, we kinda went to war a bunch of times.

My money's on zombie army for Season 2. 

Well, there was something about a zombie army that's supposedly only held at bay by a spell that relies on Okoto's Unity to remain intact. And whoops, we kinda went to war a bunch of times.

Sweet! We're going to be playing The Walking Dead then!

pWPTu7m.jpg

I dunno, I'll bet dried out corpses burn pretty well.

• Upvote 2

Hey Terrorsaur here's my character bio for the wiki.

ToaTimeLord

Leader of the Jungle region.

In the beginning of his rule he tried to create alliances with all the regions to accomplish his secret plan for taking over. His most famous alliance created was the SETA or South Eastern Trade Agreement. After the attack on the stone region his actions became erratic and seemed not in his right mind. After imprisoning the Old Master and Terrorsaur he named Smoke Monster his heir for his son was to young to take his place. He was killed during the prisoner transfer of the Old Master and Terrorsaur, by the Old Master's hands.

I'm not that familiar with wiki so I don't know if my bio is to big or not.

For my picture use my profile pic.

In my mind I was a Rahkshi looking Protector.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

I'll be completely honest, given the number of other things I'm having to write currently, specifically for the MUD I play, I probably won't get around to making a page for my character in this, so if somebody does want to take a crack at it, you certainly will not see me complaining about what you choose to say.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu