A Clockwork Night

Voltex

Nato is guaranteed to survive this round. If he chose correctly, he chose correctly; if he chose wrong, well, FF is protecting him.

I find it amusing that a person on a completely different path can protect someone on the opposite path... just saying. I imagine it's like spidey sense.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Nato is guaranteed to survive this round. If he chose correctly, he chose correctly; if he chose wrong, well, FF is protecting him.

I find it amusing that a person on a completely different path can protect someone on the opposite path... just saying. I imagine it's like spidey sense.

In this particular scene, FF just beats him up and drags him along.

• Upvote 3

EPISODE 07: Makuta City

In the end, every member of the group except for three agreed to go to Makuta City – and after that, Roman still ended up along for the ride after FF knocked him out and began dragging him.

-

When Unit and Underscore reached the realms of House Patrus, they found an empty ruin – one swarming with Undead.

They lasted minutes at most.

-

When the rest of the group finally reached Makuta City, they were worse for wear, but alive – or as alive as possible.

Despite the healing in Vakama City, Voltex had been reduced to hobbling along once more due to his injured leg, and had taken to leaning on Taka Nuvia or TL for support in order to move at a more regular pace.

Trijhak had lost his left hand to the blade of a Skull Warrior, though thanks to a lucky supply drop and Jed’s skills in healing, the wound had been taken care of as best as it could.

Jed himself had also gone through a medical emergency, losing an eye to a sandstorm when their shelter for the night had collapsed.

The entire left side of FF’s head had been burned away by a torch wielded by a Skull Warrior, and even bandaged, the wound was clearly causing him constant pain.

Being knocked out by FF had done Roman no favors, and after taking an additional hit to the head while escaping several Undead, Roman had been suffering from increasingly frequent dizzy spells.

Luroka had lost his entire right arm to the same Skull Warrior that had taken Trijhak’s hand, and while his wound had also been taken care of as much as possible, his missing arm had very nearly spelled his doom on multiple occasions.

Taka Nuvia, TL, and Hellyam were far away in the best condition, though even they were now running on fumes. With Taka Nuvia and TL taking turns under the burden of practically dragging Voltex, Hellyam had taken up the role of the group’s scout, though in the current circumstances, he wasn’t of much help.

They stopped just inside the outskirts of the ruined city, sheltering inside an old shop that was still together for the most part. Voltex and Roman both sank to the floor to sit against the wall, closing their eyes. The others glanced at each other before joining them, sitting in a circle.

“I don’t like the feel of this place,” Trijhak said quietly.

“Neither do I,” Taka Nuvia agreed. “The sooner we find the Mask of Control, the better.”

“It’ll… be in the center of the city,” Voltex said, pausing to cough. “It’s where the demonstration was held.”

“The city feels too quiet,” FF murmured. “There’s nothing at all. No Undead, no wind, no movement… nothing.”

“I daresay we’ll learn the reason soon enough,” Hellyam said, scowling. “So – what’s the next step?”

-

The following members are now out:

-Unit, Underscore

The following members are still alive, and must decide on a path to take:

-Taka Nuvia, Luroka, Roman, TL, Hellyam, FF, Trijhak, and Jed

-

OPTION A: The city is quiet. No sign of the Skull Warriors or their Undead has been seen for days. The journey to Makuta City has been costly, and the group is about to collapse. Take some time to rest now that you have reached your destination.

OPTION B: The city is quiet. No sign of the Skull Warriors or their Undead has been seen for days. The journey to Makuta City has been costly, and the group is about to collapse. Time is running out – continue forward, and find the Mask of Control.

• Upvote 2

Let's... rest. 

Appearances have been deceptive. Most of us are far too strained to go on further - if we encounter yet more obstacles, we're going to collapse - either we'll die, or we'll be so injured and exhausted we may as well be dead. The Skulls are focused on Ekimu and the Ancient City, and while there are undoubtedly some nearby... just because it was the start of this, doesn't necessarily means it will be the end of us.

We're in a city, after all. Cities have buildings, and buildings provide something we're in dire need of - cover. Even if it does get swarmed with skulls, there are far more places to hide than there are in the open. Much easier to sneak around. 

...and once we have the Mask of Control, they'll know we have it. That's how these things go down. And then we'll need to RUN. We can't run if we're exhausted and badly injured - the Skulls will cut us down before we can react or even exit the city. We rush now, it's over. We're close, meaning rushing is an attractive prospect, but that doesn't make it a viable one. 

Choosing Option A.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

The past two episodes have given us an option to rest, or press on.

Both times I chose rest.

Both times I was wrong.

So yeah, I'm really not sure what to do here. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Alright, having thought it over a little more, I think I'm going to go with Option A.

In the last two episodes, we had to chose between pressing on into immediate danger, or detouring into an area we assumed to be safer, in order to rest. This time, however, we've already reached our destination, and there are no enemies in sight. The Stone Region is bleak and barren, so we'll see the Skull Army coming if they're still pursuing us, and if there's anything waiting for us inside the city, I'd rather not face it while tired.

So, despite the fate that very nearly befell me the last two times I opted for this, I'm going to rest. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I feel bad for the remaining team members. I had no idea Skull Warriors could be so brutal. Just imagine if they are like this in the second season of BZPGOT. They could be really scary. 

Also, they turned FF into Two-Face. Just wanted to point that out. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Option A. I can defend myself at least. B seems to make the journey pointless because of collapsing due to exhaustion.

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

You and another person who makes the wrong choice could get separated from the main group, split up, encounter a Skull Warrior, run back and frantically search for that other person only to find yourself staring at their skeleton, meaning you're trapped, the skulls are crawling out of the ground around you, and you leave the rest to the imagination. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I...I've trusted my gut up to now, and even my gut is unsure of this one. One side of me is telling me that this is likely the only time resting would be the proper choice, especially with the fact there are seemingly no skull warriors in sight, and have not been any in sometime. Though it makes no sense for them to leave the mask of control potentially unguarded... I suspect skull scorpios will make their appearance.

The other side's argument is just 'Time'....

I offer no advice this time, except what I have stated.

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The anticipation is killing me.

But hopefully that's the only thing I have to worry about...

EPISODE 08: Friends and Foes

In the end, Luroka, Jed, and Taka Nuvia all elected to carry on, while the others stayed behind with Voltex to rest – though Taka Nuvia was soon convinced by FF to remain and rest as well.

A few minutes later, Jed returned, having changed his mind… after watching Luroka get ambushed by a Skull Scorpio and take a stinger right through his chest.

The city remained silent.

-

When they ventured out again, they took their time to avoid the various massive Skull Scorpio wandering about – but soon found themselves cornered by Undead Protectors that had once been some of their friends.

The familiar faces of Unit, Wiriamu, Smoke Monster, ShadowVezon, Oko, Dragonstar, Ehksidian, ToaD, Ghrinch, and Luroka seemed almost energized by the Skull Warriors commanding them, and the battle that followed was long and exhausting, though the crew eventually emerged victorious.

The Skull Warriors moved in for the kill when their Undead servants failed – but a blast of magic from Voltex incinerated them, leaving only a pile of ashes behind.

The Mask Maker promptly collapsed, passing out from the strain – leaving the remaining Protectors to decide what to do on their own.

“The way I see it, there are two locations where we might find the Mask of Control,” Roman told them. “There’s the site of the demonstration in the center of the city, which is probably mostly a crater at this point – or, there’s Makuta’s palace up north. He might have left the Mask of Control in the palace for the demonstration to keep it away from any thieves attending the demonstration.”

“We’ll have to stick together again,” Taka Nuvia said, frowning. “Voltex needs to be defended no matter the cost.”

“Let’s decide quickly then, before any more Skull Creatures arrive,” said Trijhak.

-

The following members are now out:

-Luroka

The following members are still alive, and must decide on a path to take:

-Taka Nuvia, Roman, TL, Hellyam, FF, Trijhak, and Jed

-Taka Nuvia saved by FF; Jed saved by RNG Saving Throw

OPTION A: Go to the site of the demonstration, and find the Mask of Control in the rubble.

OPTION B: Go to Makuta’s Palace, and find the Mask of Control in the throne room.

Once more, you must decide as a group.

Should you make the incorrect choice, your journey ends; if you make the right choice, you may very well continue on to victory.

Called it... Scorpios.

Also while I doubt makuta would leave his mask in the palace prior to his demonstration, I do believe it is likely that the skulls have since retrieved it from the crater and moved it to the palace.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Hm, but if the Skulls had retrieved it, one would think they'd have just given it to Kulta ages ago.

That would perhaps suggest that they either think it's unimportant, it's somewhere they can't get to, or they don't actually know about it. In the latter two scenarios, Makuta's palace would make the most sense.

So I'm going to give a tentative vote to Option B, Makuta's palace. 

Either the Mask is trapped under so much rubble that the skull warriors can't get to it.

What hope would we have of finding it if they can't.

So they must either not know where it is or what it is.

In both ways of thinking I suggest option B.

Let's go to the palace.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/