Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

BTW, I just remembered. The guy who voiced Snips and Steven Magnets? Lee Tockar? Guess who else he voiced.Makuta Teridax.

Trixie's Voice Actress also is Gali and Roodaka too.THE GRRRREAT AND POWERFUL ROODAKA.
i couldn't resist bring this back up.

Lies. Lies and slander.fluttershy_by_mintykoneko-d3m6dgp.pngHow can you not find her adorable?I digress though, to each their own - not doing much good to fight and deviate from the "love and tolerance" motto, eh?

anyone consider bringing up multiple old posts spam?

Whoa, that's awesome.@Zerothemaster His ungodly collection of what?Also Majhost gallery: http://www.majhost.c...ry.cgi?f=253450

all the pony-related pictures a brony could want.use them.131618227742.jpgas of now...EDIT: is this spamming?just saw an ad for a game called "howrse"...AD FAIL.WHY U NO UNDERSTAND IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENTyou know...i do a huge post like this and noone notices.somebody else does 5 words and everyone is talking about it.that's just not fair. Edited by Elder_Hau_of_Fire

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

Hearth's Warming Eve is probably my least favorite episode of season two so far. It seemed far lamer and more predictable than anything else. In fact, it might be my least favorite episode overall. It just doesn't fit into the canon well at all - the ponies having a ruler-less society until Discord set up a dictatorship that was overthrown by a dual monarchy - which was what I was thinking - doesn't jive with the Celestia/Luna flag the original Equestrians hoisted.Pinkie makes me lol though. "Earth!"

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I just thought how creepy it was MLP introduced a kind of monster that is known for cannibalism.

Well, the series has referenced cannibalism before, in terms of Zecora and Luna hypothetically gobbling other ponies up......Come to think of it, both references were made by Pinkie Pie...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I just thought how creepy it was MLP introduced a kind of monster that is known for cannibalism.

Well, the series has referenced cannibalism before, in terms of Zecora and Luna hypothetically gobbling other ponies up......Come to think of it, both references were made by Pinkie Pie...
Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled thou ungrateful whelp!Also, why is it called Hearth's Warming? Shouldn't it be heart? That's pretty much what I got from the episode.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Hearth's Warming Eve is probably my least favorite episode of season two so far. It seemed far lamer and more predictable than anything else. In fact, it might be my least favorite episode overall. It just doesn't fit into the canon well at all - the ponies having a ruler-less society until Discord set up a dictatorship that was overthrown by a dual monarchy - which was what I was thinking - doesn't jive with the Celestia/Luna flag the original Equestrians hoisted.Pinkie makes me lol though. "Earth!"

Could be that they were acting out an old folk tale that contained only part of what happened back in the day... :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Though while it was somewhat predictable (or rather very, as I saw the whole "their bodies becoming as cold as their hearts," thing coming around the time the cave started freezing over,) the heart-warming attitude helped make it a little more appealing to me.Also, not sure about you guys, but the fact that Twilight's VA also voiced Doctor Octopus 2099 in Shattered Dimensions still feels weird to me. (though aside from some of the background voices she does, such as those of the scientists, she doesn't sound much like Twilight, on account of Tara Strong being a versatile VA.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Apparently it's not even the princesses, though; the white alicorn had a turquoise mane and tail, and the blue one had purple. Could be a coloring error, though, but still.

i do a huge post like this and noone notices.somebody else does 5 words and everyone is talking about it.that's just not fair.

People don't judge a post by its length, they judge by its content. If your post has anything people will reply to, they will, but your post was really just quoting old posts, a comment on an ad I haven't seen, and line breaks. Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

Didn't they say in the beginning that this was before Celestia ruled? O.oIt's the founding of Equestria, not the government being established.The flag used in the play was probably just the current flag of Equestria. A likely change to it would have been after Celestia and Luna saved the land from Discord. That would be when they were heroes and would probably be when the flag was altered. I doubt the original flag was shown. The first flag for the USA is not the flag that currently shows. Over time as things changed, more stars were added the design was altered. It's not too far of a stretch to say a similar thing happened in the MLP universe.Also, chill, this is a show about ponies and clearly the events took place before Celestia or even Dischord. Ah, Starswirl the Bearded, your reign was supreme. XD

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Apparently it's not even the princesses, though; the white alicorn had a turquoise mane and tail, and the blue one had purple. Could be a coloring error, though, but still.

Maybe it was a couple of their ancestors?

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I liked this episode. 'Twas rather funny at times. Yes, the entire thing was predictable from the beginning. But oh well, it was fun.On the subject of history: I like the theory that Luna and Celestia were either on a different planet at the time or they were gods that latter made physical bodies for themselves. *ponyshrug*

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

the events took place before Celestia or even Dischord. Ah, Starswirl the Bearded, your reign was supreme. XD

But Luna knew Star Swirl well enough to recognize whether or not the bells on Twi's costume were right, so the play couldn't really have taken place before Discord or else his reign would have had to be really short for Star Swirl to still be alive by the time Celestia and Luna came around. He was already a mentor by the events of the play, so he probably wasn't young then either.Or we could just roll with the MST3K mantra and leave it be. :P
19704_s.gif

Could the Wendigos somehow be a creation of Discord, which would have been destroyed/ banished after the princesses defeated him? Perhaps Discord was still active during the events of the play, just not in the area where the action takes place.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Well, Luna and Celestia were royalty. They would have to be well educated, and Starswirl the Bearded was a very influential figure in the field of magic. She probably recognized an illustration of him or it's possible that she saw his wardrobe on display at a museum. It's also possible that old Starswirl found a way to make himself live really really long. After all, we still know know the life span of ponies for certain. Maybe unicorns live longer naturally?Or Luna and Celestia could have been around, but not as rulers. Due to their ridiculously long life spans, maybe they were students of Starswirl? If they're over a thousand years old and still looking young, imagine how long their childhoods must have been. @_@

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I think I'm leaning towards the idea that this was post-Discord, but Celestia and Luna were detached from the rest of the ponies because either they really were goddesses or that they preferred to be seen as such. Some event a while later might have caused them to believe/realize that they should be closer to the ponies, maybe because of political instability, or some problem, and so they came down and became the princesses.

19704_s.gif

I wouldn't use the word infectious. To me, that's implying that it's like a virus. Though, I can't really think of any good similar words at the moment.Anyway, on the topic of MLP: FiM, since this is the appropriate place, I'm going to ask us all two questions that have probably be asked before and I've forgotten about them.1. Favourite Character?2. Favourite Pony?3. Favourite non-pony?4. Which character(s) do you relate the most to? (your favourite pony is not necessarily the one you relate to the most, but you probably already knew that.My answers:1. Pinkie Pie2. Pinkie Pie3. Spike4. FluttershyAlso, I thought the song at the end of Hearth's Warming Eve was great. It was probably one of the better parts of the episode in my opinion.I apologise if I have accidentally spammed or irritated anyone.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

1. Favourite Character? Fluttershy.2. Favourite Pony? Fluttershy.3. Favourite non-pony? Zecora.4. Which character(s) do you relate the most to? (your favourite pony is not necessarily the one you relate to the most, but you probably already knew that.) Twilight Sparkle.

1. Favourite Character? Pinkie Pie.2. Favourite Pony? Ehh... I don't really have a favorite. Probably Twi, though. It used to be a tie between Pinkie, Twi, and Dash, but Luna Eclipsed kinda sent Pinkie down a bit, and Fluttershy's been rising.3. Favourite non-pony? Spike, definitely. Lesson Zero really did it for me, with the fourth-wall breaking.4. Which character(s) do you relate the most to? (your favourite pony is not necessarily the one you relate to the most, but you probably already knew that. I have Twi's hunger for knowledge, social awkwardness, and need to double-check everything. (Also Rarity's OCD, a bit of Fluttershy's shyness, Dash's hatred for losing, and Pinkie's sweet tooth.)

19704_s.gif

That's true, in Twilight's summary in the pilot, she didn't say the princesses governed the ponies, just that they operated the day/night cycle. Then again, Hearth's Warming Eve stated that that unicorns operated the cycle at this time. I think that the Hearth's Warming Eve storyline was in place, and then Discord took over, and then Celestia and Luna usurped him and began performing the day/night cycle instead of the unicorns. And Luna seemed to only recognize Starswirl the Bearded, it wasn't said he was alive in her time.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

That's true, in Twilight's summary in the pilot, she didn't say the princesses governed the ponies, just that they operated the day/night cycle. Then again, Hearth's Warming Eve stated that that unicorns operated the cycle at this time. I think that the Hearth's Warming Eve storyline was in place, and then Discord took over, and then Celestia and Luna usurped him and began performing the day/night cycle instead of the unicorns. And Luna seemed to only recognize Starswirl the Bearded, it wasn't said he was alive in her time.

The fact that Twilight expected everypony to recognise her costume suggests that anypony who's looked in a book lately would be familiar with Starswirl. Therefore, it's not unrealistic that Luna would recognise it, given how, as royalty, she should be expected to know a bit about history.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

1. Favourite Character?2. Favourite Pony?3. Favourite non-pony?4. Which character(s) do you relate the most to? (your favourite pony is not necessarily the one you relate to the most, but you probably already knew that.

1. Discord2. Luna, Rainbow Dash, or Pinkie Pie (I can't decide!)3. Discord!4. Rainbow Dash, Discord, and a bit of Twilight Sparkle.I liked Hearth's Warming Eve. It's now probably my new favorite episode, although I was a bit confused as to whether or not everything shown/said was what actually took place, or if it was just an interpretation based on each character. The song at the end was a bit too short for my tastes, but it was good nonetheless. I especially liked the idea of a blizzard being a reflection of the tribes' hearts, although I wish they had touched on it more.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

1. Favourite Character? Rarity, I think2. Favourite Pony? Still Rarity? I like all of them though, equally. Rainbow Dash is less equal than the others.3. Favourite non-pony? Zecora if she counts, either Opal or Discord if she doesn't.4. Which character(s) do you relate the most to? Rarity for sure.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.